PDA

View Full Version : A 21st celebration. (open, Matthias)

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 14th, 2004, 06:19:41 PM
::She couldnt remember the day but it had been when they were seven that they had celebrated their birthday together. And now they were twenty one. Normally she let the day slide, not bothering even to have a cake but today Matthias was around and for the first time in a long time she bothered to buy a cake and gave Matthias a note to meet her in the bar and grill. It was his favorite cake, as she wasnt much into food, but even she had a weakness for chocolate at times. Ever since that talk there had been hope that maybe she could have a brother again and for once she was going to make an effort to make it work, because she had a little bit of belief in him.
She had something else to give him also but it needed it's finishing touches, and he had to help her with that.

Azhure came in wearing a warm blue dress. It was a soft material and not very "Azhure' like, meaning practical or combat-useful. Her hair wasnt tied back as usual, it was put up and curled, styled softly around her face but she still didnt bother with the elaborate make-up. She wasnt even sure why she felt she had to make such an effort. Last year had been a drink in the bar and that was all, of course this was only a meal. She curiously felt sort of excited, things werent looking so bad today and buying a cake had somehow made the occasion a little more special.
Thus she also had the tinest of smiles on her face as she was thinking quietly to herself, making her look a little less severe.::

Matthias darkstone
Mar 14th, 2004, 07:46:48 PM
It had taken him two whole hours to choose an outfit, before he settled in on black jeans, a t-shirt, and a leather jacket, which showed of the muscular tones of his body. He gelled his hair into spikes, and stared at the result.

Not bad. He grabbed a red parcel off his bed and left.

He soon approached the door of the bar and grill and scanned the interior quickly. No sign of anyone except for a stunning looking woman sitting at the bar in a blue dress.

She turned to look at him and he gasped, in shock and delight.

"Wow.." he stammered, walking towards her. "For once you look better than me!"

He held out the parcel before him. "Here you go sis, Happy Birthday...it is you, ain't it?"

Shade Magus
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:17:09 PM
Shade walked into the bar and smiled as he looked around. He saw his apprentice Matthais standing next to a beautiful woman. He was holding a package in his hand. Now what could that be about? Then it hit him like a sack of duracrete blocks. He had completely forgotten today was Matthais's birthday.

The Jedi Knight walked over towards Matthias and his freind and nodded.

"Hello Matthias. Happy birthday. Who is.........Wait a minute! Azhure!? Wow...you look great."

He had only met the girl a few times before, but he had seen her around enough to know that this was not her usual self.

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:31:49 PM
::Azhure smiled a rare genuine smile at his compliment, ignoring that fact that he was showing his ever-growing ego again. Just as lucky he had a bigger heart. She took the present, and looked at him again. He looked good, and she wondered how long he had taken to dress up. She did have to admit he always did look good. How long did he spend in a year getting ready? ::

Yes, it's me. Happy Birthday Dante'. Here.

::She took her present and set it down, bringing up an unfinished sword. There wasnt any special detail as yet, and the balance hadnt been decided. It would be suited to him and she needed his help to finish it.::

This is your sword. We need to work on it to make it fit you completely and it's yours to name or keep unnamed.

::She picked up her present and looked at it. Carefully she untied the ribbon and looked at it's boxy shape. It revealed no clues. Then heard another voice only to see Shade.::

Greetings Shade. Thank-you. Apparently I look better than him for once.

OOC: Shade! I have to edit now because of you :-P

Matthias darkstone
Mar 14th, 2004, 11:23:17 PM
Matthias grinned towards his Master (she's wittier than me too... ), and looked down upon his sword. It had a bit of work to be done upon it yet, but otherwise it was perfect. He moved back and gave it an experimental swing..hmm...

Not too dissimilar to the sapphire gilded dagger he had given her, something he had seen not too long ago that immediately made him think of her. Hopefully, it would suit. Much better than the caked and chipped one he had seen in her room earlier.

"So Master, your shout? It IS my birthday after all....and hers...." His eyes sneaked a glance at Azhure's dress again, and her intricate curls shaping her face.

Shade Magus
Mar 14th, 2004, 11:40:46 PM
Shade nodded. He still hadn't taken his eyes off of Azhure. She looked absolutely ravishing. He came back to reality when he realized Matthias was talking to him.

"Hmm...oh yes, of course. Happy birthday to you as well Azhure."

With this, Shade's face turned slightly red.

Matthias darkstone
Mar 15th, 2004, 02:11:57 AM
Matthias smiled as he saw the look of sheer embarrassment on Shade's face.

"It's all cool...even I can't stop looking...want me to set you two up or something?" he added as a mild joke.

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 15th, 2004, 06:38:54 PM
::Azhure felt a little embarressed by both of them looking at her that way and wondered why she just hadnt decided to come here dressed in her usual style, but it was sort of nice too. She looked at Matthias and rose an eyebrow at her brother at his comment, not finding it overly funny. Azhure had yet to become comfortable with harmless teasing. She gave a nod to Shade.::

It's alright, you didnt know we were twins. I suppose I should open the present.

::She folded the ribbon carefully, knowing her slowness drove Matthias mad, a little revenge from his last comment, and carefully pulled off the sticking tape, leaving the flap ready to open. It was quite a large box and she gave him a look when she opened it up to see a lot of polyester bubbles. It was obviously small in size but he wanted to drive her mad. The big box wasnt needed at all.

Her hands dipped into the box and out came a small wooden box, with an intricately made 'lock'. She smiled and took out a pin, pulling out the plastice ends of the pin and straightening it, then quickly unlocked the box. it opened to reveal a sapphire gilded dagger, and she loved it. Azhure picked it up, the balance was comfortable, it was fairly light with just enough weight to deliver a hard blow to someone distance wise, and it was a beautiful design. She tended to use a dagger until it was ruined and had to make another but she had never had a proper dagger as fine as this, never seeing it as economical. It was a very Matthias gift.
Her fingers ran over the blade carefully, over the sapphire and the bright steel.

She did something unexpected, went over and gave him a hug thank-you. She put it beside the crystal dagger/lightsaber given to her by Xazor last year and took out an old dagger from under her skirt, intending to re-order her daggers on her bodice later before returning to her seat. She would appreciate it if Matthias didnt say anything about the hug, it made her feel slightly uncomfortable. Especially in front of Shade.

A small droid came to the table, beeping for orders and handed them a menu.::

Matthias darkstone
Mar 15th, 2004, 09:17:06 PM
Matthias was startled when Azhure hugged him, but he didn't say anything. He knew she'd love it, and she was in dire need of another. I love you Melli , he thought to himself, wincing at a pet name of hers he hadn't used for a long time. He sat down abruptly and reached for a menu, hiding behind it. He sneaked a look over at Shade, to see him watching him pecuralily. He grinned and looked up at the bot, as it waited paitiently for his order.

Shade Magus
Mar 16th, 2004, 01:30:47 PM
Shade shook his head and let the red color leave his face. He gestured to an empty chair.

"Mind if I join you?"

Matthias darkstone
Mar 16th, 2004, 04:30:51 PM
"Nup...I'll probably steal your food again!" he grinned cheekily. "You'll have to play a game of chase the chair first!"

He pointed his finger at it, before lowering it again, whilst letting the chair scoot an inch as Shade moved to sit on it.

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 16th, 2004, 11:49:05 PM
::Azhure Shook her head and said nothing. Food stealing now, he wasnt content with smuggling. She gestured towards the seat, having no problem with Shade joining. The menu had a lot of exotic names and few she recognised, and no military food.
She looked at the dish 'Cirasotti Emalian Devush', and raised an eyebrow, wondering what language that was in, meanwhile allowing Matthias to torture his master.::

Shade Magus
Mar 17th, 2004, 05:56:01 PM
Shade smiled.

"Remeber that I was the one that gave you the food last time. And also, what is given can be as easily taken....."

Shade nodded and the chair that Matthias was sitting in suddenly lifted off the floor and floated about a meter off the ground with the young man. Shade quickly grabbed his chair and joined Azhure at the table and grinned as he looked at Matthias in the air.

"How's the weather up there?

Matthias darkstone
Mar 17th, 2004, 09:36:15 PM
"Rather chilli, actually."

He looked at a bowl of chillies on a nearby table and made it float over above Shade's head. He crossed his arms smugly. "Now, are you going to let me down or am I going to give you a bridal shower of chillies, O mighty one?" He looked at Shade looking at Azhure, smiling at his Master's befuddlement, knowing he was not used to being in the company of such a woman as she.

Ahh, picking on Shade was always so fun! Hopefully Azhure wouldn't kill him for it...

Shade Magus
Mar 18th, 2004, 05:56:04 PM
Shade looked at the bowl of chili and slowly nodded. He didn't want to get his new robes messed up yet.

"Very well if you insist."

Shade raised his hand and the chair with Mattias came down slowly.

Matthias darkstone
Mar 18th, 2004, 11:01:19 PM
The bowl of chillies gently floated down to rest on the table as Matthias' chair was lowered to the ground.

"Whew, lucky there's no Ewoks around or they'd treat me like a God..." He reached for a chilli and began to chew it, whilst reaching for another.

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:33:06 AM
::She chose the funny looking dish, mispronouncing it as she ordered the meal, while wondering if his tastebuds werent dead yet.::

Matthias, If they thought you were God you'd get no spare time to smuggle things. What are you two having? I hadnt realized the bar was so multicultural.

Shade Magus
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:21:50 PM
"I am thinking about a BBQed steak. Most of the food here is delicious so it is hard to deided sometimes, so I just go for the simple stuff."

Matthias darkstone
Mar 19th, 2004, 08:16:37 PM
"Gosh...Peking Duck with apricot sauce sounds good..." Matthias said. "But so does the......how the HELL do I pronounce that...gi...gee...geeyee..."

Shade Magus
Mar 20th, 2004, 01:40:02 AM
Shade looked over at what Matthias was trying to say and shrugged.

"That is a good question. I wonder if it is good?"

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 20th, 2004, 11:08:47 PM
May as well try it. We've eaten worse before. It almost sounds Cizerack. This bar is certainly empty.

::The droid beeped with impatience and Azhure looked at it. it was the droid she was familiar with accept it had a new outer covering.::

Shade Magus
Mar 21st, 2004, 06:32:46 PM
Shade glanced around for the first time.

"Hey you're right! I wonder where everyone is?"

Matthias darkstone
Mar 21st, 2004, 07:19:07 PM
"They knew you were here and ran because they know how over-protective you are of your food!" Matthias joked.

He looked around himself. "Drat, there IS noone here."

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:09:23 PM
::Azhure looked at Matthias for a moment and realized something. She would ask him later however. Instead she turned to Shade.::

How is Matthias's training going? I would ask him but I prefer to hear from a more... less boastful source.

::More than that she wanted to start a discussion and Matthias was sure to have something to say about that as well, especially when she had fed him bait..::

Shade Magus
Mar 24th, 2004, 02:35:33 AM
"Umm.....well......good, is all I can say right now, because I have something planned, and I don't want to give to much right now. Other than that he is doing pretty good. Nothing I can complain about."

Matthias darkstone
Mar 24th, 2004, 09:31:04 PM
Matthias took his face of a bowl of food. "This gee-stuff is really good!" He stuck his head back in, and all that could be heard were the sounds of "narf narf narf GULP".

Shade Magus
Mar 26th, 2004, 05:33:56 PM
Shade stares at his Padawan with his mouth wide open.

"How is it possible? Where does all the food go?"

Matthias darkstone
Mar 26th, 2004, 08:20:58 PM
"Well, down my throat, into my disgestive system...and into soem smelly place where no food has gone before!"

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:10:54 PM
::Azhure rolled her eyes inwardly.::

You havent seen the worst of it and you don't want to.

:;Her food and Shade's food arrived, smelling like what she assumed good food should smell like. She took a petite bite of the meat, covered in some sort of purple sweet sauce with a slight tang to it and she nodded. it was suffice enough. However there was too much on the plate for her to eat, and she noted that it was handy for Matthias to be here. Next the droid came with the drinks, but missed the bottle on the floor and tripped, the drinks going everywhere, just missing their table.::

Shade Magus
Mar 30th, 2004, 08:27:57 PM
Shade closed his eyes, as a soda hit him in the face. It may have not gotten on the food, but on him was a different story.

"Yeah...small amounts of soda on me..."

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:01:02 PM
::Azhure found that somewhat amusing and a reluctant tiny smile lingered on her lips as she handed him a napkin. The droid proceeded to apologise profusely in it's beep language while cleaning up with a built in wiper.::

Think of it as a good luck sign.

Shade Magus
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:04:40 PM
Shade took the napkin appreciatively and waved the droid away, trying to explain it was no big deal. He looked over to Azhure, to thank her and stopped for a moment. He had never seen her smile, but now that he did it was nice. The Jedi quickly recomposed himself.

"Thanks, and I'll keep that in mind."

Shade quickly began cleaning the mess, scowling himself. He never did that before.

Matthias darkstone
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:51:44 PM
Matthias snorted in mild amusement. The drinks had missed him (lucky for the droid) and it was downright funny to see his Master lose him composure, even if for a moment.

He handed his Master an extra absorb towel. "This might work more to your advantage...'

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:43:59 PM
Shade looked over to Matthias and nodded.

"Umm...thanks..."

He tok the cloth and began wiping up the spilt drink.

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:32:43 AM
::Azhure looked at her brother and shook her head amusingly. Where did he come up with these things, that was the last thing she expected from him.::

Tell us about your travels Matthias, you never speak about them and you were gone for a while. What adventures did you come up against?

::Accept for the one they both knew about... the rest she was curious with, and he usually didnt mind talking about it.::

Shade Magus
Apr 5th, 2004, 05:29:54 PM
"Yes...I am afraid I haven't heard anything about them. I would like to know something that my Padawan was up to while I was away."

Matthias darkstone
Apr 7th, 2004, 01:36:12 AM
Ahhh.......storytime. A time when the Ewoks like to huddle around.

"I was on Endor's Moon for a while for a vacation. Not much hapenned there except for rouge Ewoks trying to kill the ship, and I ran around chasing them with a treebranch when they found my warp engine and decided they wanted it for an oven... after that I headed to Naboo and had a sniff around, hung out there for awhile before heading to the Tatooine Trading yards."

He nodded. "Yeah, that's about it really. Not that interesting...unless you want to know how the pleasure girls come cheap on Naboo Shade..." He nudged his Master playfully, and winked at Azhure, assuring her he was joking.

Shade Magus
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:11:16 AM
"That's ok. I ty to look elsewhere and for something more permanent."

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 12th, 2004, 07:14:18 AM
::Azhure said nothing besides raising an eyebrow at him, he wasnt that innocent and she knew it, though he probably was joking. She eventually gave him a slight humourous smile, looking strange on her lips, but feeling a little more natural.::

There must be something your not telling us. An exciting adventure.

Matthias darkstone
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:17:48 AM
He gave her a sideways glance - "such as?"

Shade Magus
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:22:39 AM
"Such as smugglers? Or maybe even pirates?"

Azhure Darkstone
Apr 16th, 2004, 09:05:13 PM
::Azhure nodded in agreement and also returned his look, he knew what she meant.::

Matthias darkstone
May 9th, 2004, 10:10:18 PM
He crossed his arms.

"Hey, no fair! YOU never tell ME of YOUR adventures!"