PDA

View Full Version : To say goodbye. (Dasquian)

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:41:27 AM
For the first time in as long as Rhianna could remember things were actually going great for her. She no longer had to deal with droves of leering, grabby space types not wanting their palms read so much as to stare down her dress. She didn't have to ponder whether to save her money to eat, she knew when her next meal would be and that it was safe to eat it. She had been given several...uniforms she supposed, but she was still not quite able to wear them. She had been wearing, cleaning and repairing the same blue gypsy dress for so long it was like a second skin to her.

Now she was going to be going to yet another planet. Yavin She had been curious enough to do some study and the place looked promising. For someone who had been trapped on ships and spaceports all her life, a jungle atmosphere was going to be a welcome change. Her only regret about going was that she would be leaving the only friend she had made. She could probably count on one hand the number of times she had spoken to the Jedi Knight, but Dasquian had already won her over.

She was going to an enclosed garden today to see how it felt to be around growing things. Rhianna had written a hastey note and asked that it be delievered to Dasquian. She wanted to tell him that she was going to be leaving with Master Evanar, since it was Dasquian who had prompted her to ask.

Entering the garden by way of sealed transparasteel doors, Rhianna at once took a huge breath. It smelled overpoweringly good inside, fresh and floral. With a small laugh of delight she proceeded in and turned around in a circle looking up at the sea of green surrounding her. Light filtered through the trees, ivy and flowers dotting the grass she stood on. It was so beautiful, if Yavin was like this she was in for a treat.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:54:04 AM
Order was one of the most vital parts of his life, and so everything was scheduled carefully. Sometimes, however, things popped up that he hadn’t predicted or planned. A part of him was a little shaken by having to adjust, but really he enjoyed the wild cards that life often dealt. He strode into the greenhouse, prompt as ever, arriving as soon as he could. Dasquian was always on time. Always. Across the room, he saw Rhianna was looking over a sprig of something that seemed to shimmer in the light. As he approached, he said:

“Those are Nebula Orchids. Indigenous to only one planet. A rare breed.”

The Hallaeran Jedi smiled broadly, “You wanted to see me?”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 14th, 2004, 10:07:29 AM
"They are beautiful. Everything in here is beautiful." Rhianna turned slightly and smiled. She was really happy to see that he had come. Looking about for a place to sit she settled on an artificial grassy hill. Settling her skirt around her she peered up at him. "Maybe I'll take up botany as a hobby. Much more normal than reading palms.'

She really didn't want to keep him if he had more important things to be doing. She knew he was on the Council and admired him a great deal for it. "I did want to see you, yes.. I took your advice and spoke to Master Evanar about leaving Coruscant. I'll be going to Yavin with him and the others. You are really the only friend I have made.. I wanted to say goodbye."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 14th, 2004, 10:13:25 AM
“I’m glad to hear that you’re being allowed to go,” Dasquian replied with a nod, “You’ll like it there, I’m sure.” With a glance around at the other flora, and a happy sigh, he sat himself down beside her. “I will definitely be coming to visit, when time permits, so I won’t say goodbye... Do you know when you’re leaving?”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 14th, 2004, 11:08:29 AM
"Within a few days I think. " Rhianna was even more happy that Dasquian was going to be visiting. She felt so at ease in his company. Probably just the fact that he was a Jedi. Of course, she hadn't felt unnerved speaking to Master Evanar, but neither had she felt so comfortable.

Laying back in the grass, she pulled loose a blade and twirled it around. She tried to think of something grand to say to keep him a while longer before he had to return to his duties but nothing short of silly was forthcoming. "Can you stay with me a while longer...? I like you Dasquian.."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 14th, 2004, 11:15:22 AM
“A little while.” Dasquian looked down at her, noting the changes she had undergone since she had arrived at the Order. She already appeared much more at peace with herself, laid back even. No doubt the new of being able to go to Yavin had added to this happiness.

“I have a training session in the afternoon,” he continued, looking out across the garden, “so I’ll have to go for lunch soon, but you’re welcome to join me, if you’d like.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 14th, 2004, 03:37:11 PM
"I'd like that very much." Rhianna sat up and rolled to her knees, then rose altogether, graceful despite the long skirt. Tossing her long auburn curls out of her face she laughed. With a grin she held out her hands to Dasquian to help him up. "So where shall we go..?"

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 07:57:42 AM
He accepted her hand and got to his feet, instinctively smoothing down his robes as he did so. “Where to?” he mused aloud, “I have to confess I don't know many places on Coruscant. I'm not fortunate enough to be able to dine out often, so Master Yoghurts is my usual… you don’t know anywhere, do you? Since it will be one of your least meals on Coruscant for a while, I feel like it should be special.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 08:25:28 AM
"Sorry, I've only ever been to Master Yoghurt's place too. But that should be okay, it will still be special. It will be my first social occaison, with you.. " Rhianna bent down slightly to retrieve a fallen blossom. Rising, she tucked the violet bud behind her ear and shook the remainder of the grass from her skirt.

With a grin she struck a pose. "So..how do I look..? Will they toss me out?"

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 08:46:40 AM
With a light smile, he shook his head. “Of course not. If they’ll let my vagabond of a brother in, they’ll let anyone in,” Dasquian replied in jest, his smile growing as he began to pace away from the verge towards the door that would take them back into the halls of the Order proper. As Rhianna flowed, he looked sidelong at her, and said with a smirk and nod at the flower, “You suit that, you know?”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 09:47:00 AM
She actually blushed. Rhianna hid a grin and became engrossed with toying with a tassel on her skirt. "Thank you. I'll make a mental note to pilfer a flower when your around."

Letting him lead the way because she was still no good at navigating her way around, Rhianna tilited her head to the side to peer at him. "I didn't know you had a brother..? It must be nice. I don't have any family at all.."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 09:59:18 AM
“It’s gone through being fun, to unusual, to problematic, and back to a sort of equilibrium now. We’re twins, you see… we have a half-brother who looks like us also, so whenever the three of us are around, people tend to end up very confused. Well, not with William… he’s a pirate, you know? The good kind, if there’s such a thing.” Dasquian smiled slightly, “But you probably don’t want to hear about all that nonsense.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 10:05:59 AM
Her face registered surprise, then avid interest and finally kind of a sad longing for what she didn't have. "No! No, please tell me more? If there is any subject that can hold my fascination its familes. Never having had one myself, its like hearing a fairy tale."

Rhianna was in fact, listening with so much attention that without knowing it, she had taken ahold of his arm as they walked. She didn't want to watch where she was going, she wanted to see the expressions on his face as he spoke of his brothers.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 11:39:00 AM
“Well, you see, myself and my brother Aaron were sent away from our home planet to a foster family very shortly after we were born,” Dasquian explained. “William, our half-brother… he was born in accordance with the accepted social classes and rules, where as we were not. That’s how we ended up getting separated. He heard rumors of twin brothers who looked like him and came looking for us in the Bar and Grill. It was certainly a shock,” he continued, with a slight laugh. “His father was from the same caste as our mother, or so I understand… which is why he manages to look so like us, despite some differences.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 11:51:40 AM
"Well, it just goes to show how lucky you are. Not only did you have one brother already, another one found you. I think its wonderful. Even if you feel he is a tad questionable in his profession." Rhianna was just going to have to try harder to meet people and adopt her fellow Jedi as a family of sorts. That was as close as she was going to get, being the orphan that she was.

Directing her train of thought back to Dasquian she grinned. "Well I hope I don't run into your twin and mistake him for you. Probably get that all the time, huh? Aaron, did you say? A Jedi as well I presume?" She was rambling off question after question. One would think she was nervous, but she wasn't. She was just curious and had a habbit of saying exactly what was on her mind when she wanted to know something.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:14:55 PM
He gave a slight nod, “Yes, Aaron. He used to get mistaken for me a lot when he originally arrived here, but people have learned to differentiate between us now. There are small differences between us – the way we carry ourselves, dress… and if you’re close enough to see, eye color.” Dasquian paused a moment, “Yes, he’s a Jedi also. We have been all our lives, really, although he is having more trouble finding his path, so to speak, than I am, unfortunately…”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:33:20 PM
"I don't really have a path myself. I guess I can figure out exactly what to do with my life while I am on Yavin.." Rhianna was still sad that she wasleaving the only friend she had made so far, but Dasquian had already said he would be coming to Yavin also, so she didn't dwell on it.

Looking around she was totally lost, as usual. "How long does it take the average person to not become lost here..? I am used to small cramped ships and spaceports. This place is just too big." And she was going to a jungle..? She had better tied herself to a tree or she was really going to get lost!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 12:53:11 PM
They had moved out from the greenhouse into the halls now, which were bright from the light spilling through the huge windows ahead. “Oh, it can take a very long time… becoming a Jedi isn’t a quick process, by any means. Some of us are simply fortunate enough to discover our callings early on in our training; however, things are not so clear for everyone. I’m sure you’ll do fine though,” he said with a reassuring smile, “Especially with all of the attention you’ll be getting.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:01:20 PM
"Yes I suppose you're right. I would like to do something with children maybe." Rhianna's red curls swung to the side as she turned her head suddenly. "What attention..? " She clearly had no idea what he was talking about now. No one ever payed any attention to her, she was good at being invisible. The though of too much attention had her rattled.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:07:42 PM
“Well, there won’t be many of you on Yavin. The tutors attention will be more focused… concentrated on just a few of you rather than the scores of Padawans we have here,” he said, then adding as he saw the look of panic in her eyes, “It’s a good thing. You will find your niche much quicker that way. Really, don’t worry about it.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:18:30 PM
"Oh! Right!" She felt somewhat silly for her tiny episode of anxiety. It wasn't something she could explain to anyone. Rhianna had existed and survived only by staying invisble to people that she sensed would do her harm. Evading theives, murderers and rapists and the like on spaceports had become an everyday thing for her and it was hard to let go of her unease at attracting attention.

Attempting to cover up a bad topic she asked about their destination. "How much further of a walk do we have, Dasquian..? Not that I mind, I am just curious, is all.."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:23:21 PM
Dasquian sensed anxiety still on her part, but felt the issue was best left be for the moment. “Not long… are you hungry? I know I’m starving. We’ll have to get one of the three course deals they offer. How about it? My treat.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:45:07 PM
She skidded to a stop, her chin dropped an inch and her hand went straight to her pocket to fidget with her worry stone. She hadn't even thought about money. She of course had nothing.. She had spent the last of the money she had from her journey to Coruscant on repairing her dress once again. "I...uhh..that is...maybe.."

Frustrated she just looked up at Dasquian and came straight to the point. "I am not in the habbit of spending money on frivilous things. I have a habbit of hoarding any money I earn and right now that equates to nothing. Are you sure going out and wasting money on lunch is a keen idea.?" She untwisted her tattered shawl from around her hips and wrapped it around her shoulders, it was more of a self conscious act of protection than due to cold though.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 02:02:28 PM
“Well,” he said, noting how jittery she seemed to be, “I’m paying, so I can either pay a little or a lot. It doesn’t matter much to me. I don’t get to just go out and enjoy myself with friends often, so I don’t mind over-spending a little.”

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 02:51:53 PM
Relax Rhi, you are going to give yourself a nosebleed. The padawan took a deep breath. She had overheard someone singing the praises of meditation and cleansing breaths so she thought she give it a try. Closing her eyes she inhaled and blew out slowly. When she opened her mismatched eyes, she surprisingly did feel better. "Okay, whatever you think would be best. I'm sorry Dasquian. I am just not used to any of this yet.."

She felt rather stupid now, but Dasquian had a way with putting her at ease, so she figured it would pass. She hoped it would be sooner rather than later. "Right.. lunch. I'm okay..."

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2004, 02:59:03 PM
“Are you sure?” The Hallaeran Knight frowned, a look of concern on his face. “It can wait, if you’d rather just sit and talk… or go rest.” It seemed like her cage was well and truly rattled. “Think you might have had enough excitement for one day?” he asked jokingly, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Rhianna Ravenloft
Mar 17th, 2004, 03:10:34 PM
"No no, I'm okay really. Let's go get your three course special. But we have to eat it all, deal..?" Rhianna grinned. She was really feeling better. For a minute there there she was scared palm reading nobody Rhi again...but that was not her anymore. She had listened to this particular Jedi and now she herself was a Padawan. She was just going to have to move forward in life and quit dwelling on her past. With a self directed nod of approval, Rhianna tucked her arm back with Dasquian's and was ready to go.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:10:20 AM
[ Continued here (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34822) ]