PDA

View Full Version : Never a moment's rest (open challenge to a Dark Sider)

Draken Chakara
Mar 13th, 2004, 09:06:13 PM
Draken was tired. Not so much tired from lack of rest, or from physical exertion. He was more tired from the continual fight against the injustices and evils of the world. At times, it could be overwhelming. As soon as this villain is halted, or that thief arrested, or those men foiled from their ever nefarious plots it seemed that another would spring up. Did evildoers never tire?

He leans back in his chair in the cafe, slowly munching on the sweet cake he had just purchased. Oh well, at least he could enjoy this few moments' rest. He raises the cake to take his second bite, when suddenly a woman's voice screaming for help cuts through this mid-morning's solace.

His head slumps slightly. Oh well... no rest for the weary. He takes up his large warhammer and rushes toward the sound, with no real idea what to expect.

Ishmel Rykov
Mar 14th, 2004, 12:51:57 AM
Ishmel stepped back quickly, spitting to the side of him as he dodged one punch and another. His grey eyes moved across his opponent's body, watching, waiting. The next punch sailed towards Ishmel's stomach and struck soundly as flesh hit scaled armor beneath his heavy coat. The man's fist came back quickly as he clutched it in his other hand.

The man's wife screamed again as Ishmel lunged, snarling at her husband. His stomped down on the man's foot as he punched him in the jaw. The result was the thud and whoosh of air rushing from lungs as he hit the ground. Ishmel did not waste any time in taking his steel toed boot and cramming it into the side of the man's head. From Ishmel's perspective, grey blood splattered across the sidewalk as his boot kicked in the side of the man's skull. The wife was moaning now. Ishmel didn't stop for a few more kicks.

Rykov stepped back to view his art before spitting on the corpse as well. The woman fell to her knees, hands clasped together as she cried. Ishmel sneered, his grey eyes like daggers as he spoke,

"Live a little lady, yo'r man shouldn' ave opened his mouth in the first place. What frelling race am I? A bloody human tha's what!"

He turned and started to walk away, he had a ship to catch elsewhere and he expected some law enforcement would be on their way. The man had pitifully attempted to fight back after Ishmel had hit him for the remark of his grey skin color, inevitably resulting in death for the fool.

Lord Sith Homer
Mar 14th, 2004, 03:12:29 AM
"I had just finished a meal at the cafe.I was about to return home,when i heard a woemen crying.I walked over to the noise and asked her what was wrong. I could plainly see what had happened i shouted at rykov"

"You coward get back and fight me with honour"

Ishmel Rykov
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:20:47 AM
Ishmel laughed as he turned his profile well enough to see this new idiot. Had this man just spoken of honor? Ishmel hated these types; idealist, romantic, morons. He held out his hands in a mock look of innocence.

"Who me? Tha's quite alrigh'. Your one liners are intimidating I assure you but the 'onor thing jus' don't play right. Try again some other time kay?"

Ishmel jabbed his hands in his coat pockets and turned to start walking away again.

Lord Sith Homer
Mar 14th, 2004, 02:37:27 PM
"I am now very angry the vains on my head start to bulge and i run over the Rykov to the floor"

Draken Chakara
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:45:08 PM
OOC: Guys, try to respect posting order.

IC: Draken arrives on the scene to find two men staring each other down and a dead man on the street. The deceased man's wife (or so she would seem) is crying over him. Draken runs to her first.

"Ma'am! Who did this?"

With a shaky hand, she points out the gray skinned man across the way. Draken nods and rises. He concentrates and summons his people's armor. After a small flash, his skin is covered in a shiny, metallic substance. He flicks on the magnetic field of his warhammer as well, holding it in both hands. He moves toward the gray-skinned man.

"Sir, I'm afraid you're coming with me. Stand down, or I will be forced to attack."

For now, he ignores the obviously hot-headed other man.

Ishmel Rykov
Mar 14th, 2004, 10:09:30 PM
OOC: i was waiting on you ;)

IC: Ishmel has said his piece to the other fool but this new one was decked out. Something so shiny was well deserving of his attention. The hammer though... Ishmel had to admit the hammer was practically screaming pain. But, all in all, the fact that the man was telling him to give it up meant he was some form or another of law enforcement.

Rykov turned and held up his hands in an innocent gesture again. Ishmel clenched his fists and opened them quickly, the knuckles popping as the lithe fingers stretched out. The hammer was still a present threat in Ishmel's mind but he was already focusing. The stern protector of the innocent was one more object being drawn into Ishmel's void as he took the Riding Bantha position, a solid stance allowing him to effectively move into any other style quickly. This would be a good field test.

He hated to even be stalled though and he was slowly feeding his impatient anger into the void, giving him more control, clarity. What had she said? Something like keeping it cool but still being hot. Thoughts were confusing in the void but he still fed his master's words into the black hole of his mind. Nothing existed but the focus of the void. Nothing but hatred.

"I'm glad you're afraid an' all but t'would appear yo'r gonna 'ave to attack little ol' me cuz I ain't gonna stand down for anyone, much less a tin man."

Lord Sith Homer
Mar 16th, 2004, 12:23:46 PM
" i watch draken trying to keep order and failing miserably i walk over to him and asks if hell be reuireing my help bringing this guy to justice"

Draken Chakara
Mar 16th, 2004, 05:37:17 PM
Draken turns to regard the brash young man and listens to his offer.

"No help will be needed if this man will come along peacefully."

He turns back, staring the other man in the eyes.

"Now, will you come along peacefully? It has been quite the long week, and I am in no mood to fight again."

Ishmel Rykov
Mar 16th, 2004, 07:31:28 PM
Ishmel's colorless lips twisted in a small smirk. His long grey hair shook with his head as he closed his eyes.

"I ain't walkin' wid no one but myself tonight, man. If you ain't in the mood to fight, then don' fight. Leave it as a long week and spend your new week huntin' me down lata'. I ain't worth it obviously cuz your polite askin' ain't gonna stop me from leavin' here or leavin' you in the dirt."

Rykov's hand snakes out faster than the unknowning bypasser could react. His pale grey hand was suddenly firmly gripped around the girl's throat as he brought her to him and using her as a human shield. Her face was frantic and suddenly going from warm toned skin to dark red.

"But here gets the juicy part. Lemme go without any trouble and no one else will die, eh? Fair enough. If I couldn' make it any easier on you, metal man and myself, I don' know 'ow? And you can take your swee' time but I'm sure she's got about thirty seconds before she passes out and I kill 'er. Savy?"

Ishmel's intense grey eyes didn't pass from tin man's. The grey man was sure to keep tabs on the heroic moron to the big guy's side but Ishmel did not see much of a fight in the man. This whole moment played out in Ishmel's mind, slowly being pushed down and down intot he darkness of the void as he focused. His smirk did not falter as he waited.

Draken Chakara
Mar 16th, 2004, 10:52:39 PM
Normally, Draken would be diplomatic in a situation like this. He would put his hammer down and do what he could do to diffuse the situation. However, he's had enough. Instead, he decides to take matters, quite literally, into his own hands. He moves forward a half-step, so that he is in arms reach, and shoots his left hand forward. He grasps the man's hand that is currently on the woman's throat. He grips across the Dark Sider's knuckles, applying all the pressure he can muster with his Force-augmented strength. The effect, apart from being more than a bit painful, is that his grip is compromised enough for Draken to act. With his right hand still holding the hammer, he shoves the woman out of the fight.

"Run woman! Go to the authorities, and bring them here!"

While he still speaks, he raises his hammer high, trying to the take the man out in one shot.

Ishmel Rykov
Mar 17th, 2004, 07:04:32 PM
Wrong move as far as Ishmel was concerned. Ishmel's smile did not fade even as he felt the pain of his hand seeping through the emptiness of the void. The woman was shoved to the side by her "savior" but she fell to the ground, her mouth open in a silent scream that never had the air to come out.

The small vibro blade in Ishmel's other hand slowly shed off the blood upon it. The blade disappeared as efficently within Ishmel's large sleeves as it had come out. Rykov guessed it would be no use against tin man here. He shook his other hand quickly, that had been no normal grip. A lot like his master's now that he thought about it... that Force thing. There went some of his learning advantage...

But Ishmel was still in the Riding Bantha position as he had been preparing for this exact time. This position was balanced and stable and allowed him to move well in and out of a sticky situation. The situation was not really what he would consider sticky, more like he would be a squishy mush if that thing hit him. But Ishmel could not allow that right now, aspiring to be the master of a lost art as he was, he needed to drop this sucker and do it fast.

Ishmel threw himself backwards, moving out of range of the initial swipe of the hammer when it came. The void was aware, hatred being shoved down its throat, but it was aware. It awaited the man, drawing him in until Ishmel could find a weakness and expose it. The dead woman would be one. Most bystanders had ran by now, but some were gathering to watch. Not exactly innocent folk Rykov would bet, those kind that like to watch the fights, but they were innocent in the eyes of justice so far. Good. Let the collateral damage begin as he continued to back up cautiously towards the open where they would circle around them in a mob of show hungry faces.

"You aren' too good at this talkin' thing are you? You coulda saved her life but no, quick thinkin' screws the gal into her coffin eh? Good job. And it ain't gonna get no better if you stay on me. So c'mon podunk, le's dance."

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 17th, 2004, 07:21:08 PM
ooc: hope you don't mind, but I'm keeping track of my apprentice. /ic:

Ishmel had been with her on this visit to Coruscant, and had apparently forgotten her only request before she released him to please himself. Keep a low profile. All she needed was the authorities tracking them down.

She had a feeling that his attitude and thirst for blood would get them both into trouble, and although letting him rot in a situation of his own making would be his right, she had a certain responsibility to him. So...De'Ville followed him, silently. She didn't believe in nights off, anyway.

The sound of an altercation reached her ears before she caught up to Rykov, and she sat quietly in the shadow between two buildings on a ledge twenty feet above where the Jedi faced down her brash apprentice. People had fled the area, but beings were gathering now, hungry for a good show.

She despised them all. They held as much responsibility as the one making the killing blow. They were prepared to stand by and watch it happen. De'Ville wasn't about to step in yet, willing to let her apprentice take his lumps and see if he was going to get himself into a mess he couldn't get out of. As long as she stayed quiet, didn't move and didn't touch the Force, she shouldn't be too apparent to the Lightsider.

Draken Chakara
Mar 21st, 2004, 04:49:18 PM
As the woman falls, Draken's eyes widen in horror. He rushes to the woman's side, ignoring the Dark Sider for the moment. He checks frantically for signs of life and finds almost none. The barest sliver of a pulse remains. He looks around quickly, seeing a man standing gaping some 50 yards away.

"Don't just stand there, man! Call a medic... NOW!"

The man stands there dumbly, seeming not to comprehend, until Draken's yell of "NOW" breaks him from his stupor. He nods mutely and rushes off to call them.

Now, justice must be served. He rises slowly, eyes narrowing. He takes several deep breaths. The temptation to descend into rage is strong... the sheer injustice of the situation nearly pushes him over. His willpower is just strong enough to hold onto the Light. He focuses on peace and calm, so that he can bring this man to justice. He will not allow himself to stoop to vengeance.

His head now clear, he begins to focus on what is most important: saving this woman. The medics are certainly on their way now, so he needs to clear some room for them. He concentrates, holding his hammer before him horizontally. Both fists are aimed at his enemy. With a sudden release, the concentrated wave of telekineses knows as a Force Blast fires at the man, sending him flying. Though the move probably won't do much damage, at least he's moving away from the fallen woman. Draken rushes after him moments later.

Ishmel Rykov
Mar 24th, 2004, 11:53:23 AM
The blast was another one of those unexpecting, invisble punches like what De'Ville had given him during his first training session. It knocked him back a few feet into the fight hungry crowd that held him up and pushed him back in, ready to see some real action. They knew it was going to be good when it involved a force user.

The blast had left a repulsive taste in the void for Rykov. This man's invisble punch hadn't nearly been as strong as De'Ville's but it felt... awkward. It almost unnerved the void, releasing the nearly uncontrollable hate held within.

He stood firm and splayed his hands wide and open to the man.

"Bring it on man. Yo'r wastin' my time with this justice and sympathy dren."

The crowd was definitely ready for it now, Ishmel focused them out of the void though; they had their own uses and it would come soon enough. The ring was forming around the two, maybe four to five people thick as the slum rats gathered together to watch the spectacle. Their faces were a wall to them and held the two combatants in for a good show.

Ishmel was not about to move into the path of the hammer though. He sat back and gave the tin man an obvious gesture that sent the front row of the crowd roaring with laughter at the insult.

Draken Chakara
Apr 13th, 2004, 04:58:30 PM
Draken must once more calm himself as all the pressures and trials weigh in on him. With a great effort, he draws on the Light Side, his body filling with peace.

Suddenly, with barely any warning, he rushes the man, arms outstretched. He plans to grab him and bear him into the ground, to keep him from the crowd. He wants to end this now.