4xSkipray Blastboats
10xSpace Troopers

Armaments –
16 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries
14 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons
18 Heavy Ion Batteries
6 Proton Torpedo Octect Launchers

Firing Arcs for Weaponry:
(2xClusters: Location: Forward-Top; Port, and Starboard: 5 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 4 Heavy Ion Batteries apiece)
(2xClusters: Location: Forward-Bottom; Port, and Starboard: 5 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons, 5 Heavy Ion Batteries apiece)
(2xClusters: Location: Aft-Top; Port, and Starboard: 1 Heavy Turbolaser Batterey, 2 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons apiece)
(2xClusters: Location: Aft-Bottom; Port, and Starboard: 2 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries, 1 Heavy Turbolaser Cannon apiece)
Torpedo Launchers: 2 each Port, and Starboard, 1 each mounted on swivel turret on bow, stern.

Defenses:
Heavily Reinforced Durasteel Armour
Heat Resistant Hull (Good for atmospheric entries, has a network of coolant lines with holes running through hull that pours coolant onto potential hotspots during atmospheric entry/exit)
3 Novadex Shield Generator/Projector Domes (1 for Weaponry and Shields, 1 for Engines, 1 for other systems, and backup power)
4 Rerouter Stations (Allows for quick transfer of energy from any 1 or more reactors to any 1 or more systems)
40 Flechette Launchers: 4 at each weapons clusters, and an additional 8 scattered around the bridge.

Miscellaneous Information and Explanation –
Illustrious Fast Attack Cruiser History:
The IFAC is designred as a suplimentary medium cruiser for use by the Imperial Fleet. It is able to carry two squadrons of fighters and their support craft as do many other ships it size on the roster. Its speed is average - - nothing major.

Propulsion Explanation:

8 Seinar Systems Light Cruiser Brand Engines
8 Large Repulsorlifts (allows ship to hover while in atmosphere)

Khendon Sevon
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:12:48 PM
Just want to point out that this design is impossible. *shrug* That's all I want to say ;) Have a nice day.

Edit:

according to Kraken (the original designer) the speed that the ship possessed before you transcribed it here was 26 MGLT. (that fixes one problem! Oh, look, I'm being helpful!)

Travis North
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:28:38 AM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
We are the Federacy, our biological and technological destinctiveness pwns you.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:42:58 AM
Chill, please. Khendon explained everything to me last night, and what he said is perfectly legit.

Telan Desaria
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:51:37 PM
So what it swrong with it???

Khendon Sevon
Jan 13th, 2005, 01:22:20 PM
Name – Illustrious Fast Attack Cruiser:

Class – Assault Vessel

Dimensions –
Length: 725 Meters Length must be in proportion with what the ship is “packing”
Width: 300 Meters
Height: 100 Meters

Hyperdrive – 1.25 Past Lightspeed

Sublight – “….a hull that could move at the speed of a New Republic X-wing…” This is way too fast. It is possible to make a 700-meter craft move this fast; however, that would require nearly the entire vessel being devoted to speed. Furthermore, it would require very efficient engines using technologies beyond ion. The current vessel’s payload is far beyond an acceptable amount for this speed. Revision is required.

Crew –
10,000 personnel
8,000 droids

Passanger/Troop Capacity –

Armor/Hull Rating – 2200 RU

Shield Rating – 2300 SBD

Cargo Capacity –

Consumables – 6 months

Embarked Vessel Compliment –
24xTIE Defenders That’s a lot of fighters for a 700-meter vessel. It’s possible, surely. One thing has to be kept in mind: for every fighter you add, every weapon emplaced, shield unit increase, and armor denomination enhanced you lower the speed of the craft. Conversely, for every speed increment the craft increases, you must lower the aforementioned. Any change results in a proportionate weakness.

Of course, if you want to point me to some crazy new engine technology that makes this possible, or amazing shield concept, I’ll look at it. (I’m just using shield concept as an example, your hull ratings and shield rating are fine).
4xSentinel Assault Shuttles
4xSkipray Blastboats
10xSpace Troopers

Armaments –
16 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries Heavy, heavy, heavy… oy, I thought you wanted a somewhat well rounded vessel? Maybe not. I’d suggest balancing the weapons with the above critiqued.
14 Heavy Turbolaser Cannons
18 Heavy Ion Batteries
6 Proton Torpedo Octect Launchers

Of course, it's just my opinion. Feel free to find me wrong.