PDA

View Full Version : Aliens vs Predator Extinction

Garrett Blade
Mar 13th, 2004, 07:34:01 AM
I rented the game last night and I was up all night playing it. And I've been playing it all morning too. Its such a good game. It's not really a strategy game but its not really a tactical game either. Imagine Starship Troopers which is all mainly infantry based, but you can get additional troops - the marines and predators can call in reinforcements and the aliens can lay eggs to breed with hosts.

I don't know why a game like this hasn't been made sooner. The only downfall is that I doubt its got much of a lifespan. Maybe if it were a PC-based game with more of a strategy-game feel to it, like being able to build structures and defend them, more akin to what goes on in Aliens.

The only real downfall is the controls - a mouse would be a godsend!

I don't know whether I like the Aliens or the Marines better. Its unbelievably cool when you see your aliens dragging comatose marines and miners (diggers, not underaged kids! :p) back to your hive ready for embryo implantation. But the marines have guns! :)

Anybody else played/got this game fancy sharing their thoughts? I'm curious to see whether anyone else like sit as much as I do or just thinks its a pile of rubbish.

Titus
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:53:02 PM
I have AvP2, great game. Is Extinction anything like 2?

Makes me wish my PCGamer subscription hadn't run out. :(

Peter McCoy
Mar 24th, 2004, 10:39:40 AM
No. In my opinion, AvP 2 is a far better game than Extinction. It's also very different. AvP 2 is an FPS with a great storyline and superb scripted events. Extinction is a tactical strategy game. Its well worth a play-through - just don't expect to be playing it next year.

Zasz Grimm
Mar 26th, 2004, 03:48:16 AM
it looked like starcraft done with aliens on xbox. only reason why i haven't played it.

guess i'll go to hastings tomorrow and give it a try. i love the series.

P.S. If it sucks i will murder you in your sleep.