PDA

View Full Version : Character database thread.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:28:21 PM
I beleive that thread needs to be killed and a new one started. I've noted just today that two character images, namely Clint Eastwood and The Punisher (which I'm already using under permission from Sejah) have been had claims made recently. While it will piss the people off that I'll have to point this out, I think the problem isnt their fault - it's the fact the Character Database thread is becoming too unweildly and big to look through and even if you perform a search, you can miss prior claims. It needs, at the least a clean up.

imported_Eve
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:37:52 PM
Would anyone want to take the time to make a webpage, listed in alphabetical order by actor/character used name? And then we can update it every month maybe?

Aspen matthews - Eve
Viggo Mortes-whatever - marcus Elessar

I'd do it, but I can't think about it till maybe May or June. Maybe.

Marcus Telcontar
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:43:44 PM
That would the ulitimate idea, but unless someone has a lot of time, I cant see it working in the long term. If someone volunteered to run the database, that would be a good help to begin with.

DarthHERA
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:45:17 PM
I actually started one time to try and organize that thread in Alphabetical order, but my goodness, it took ages to make the smallest dent of progress.

I would be willing to help organize it, but to committ to the whole thing is beyond my time or patience.

AmazonBabe
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:46:11 PM
That's not a bad idea, Eve. It's certainly a pain to look through right now what with it's current size.

Also, what makes it hard, is that several people have posted more than once. I thought the rules were to post once and just edit said post with updates.

Anyhoo, a website would certainly help A LOT.

I'd like to help out in oprganizing the actor/character/player names, but I'd only have time maybe on the weekend (and sometimes on weekdays when work is slow), so that means someone else would have to help as well.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:48:25 PM
I'll do it, but its really not hard to look through. Its been mentioned an easy way many times.

Download thread, open in notepad, ctrl-f.

AmazonBabe
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:50:22 PM
Yes, I know about that... it's just it's so big, it is easy to miss things... and who's to say someone doesn't spell a name correctly? That could be one cause for posting a certain actor or character twice.

imported_Eve
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:54:20 PM
Brilliant! I was going to say everyone take ten posts and then give them to the super organizer.

Then make one post (locked in OOC) when you're done. One thread per month for updates. We update on, say, the 30th/31st. Thread closed. New one gets opened for new month.

Anyone want to be in charge of updates? Or all OOC mods can do it.

What do you think?

AmazonBabe
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:56:43 PM
It'd prob be easier if all mods could update. That way the whole responsibility isn't completely set on one persons shoulders (it's a big job to carry out).

I was actually thinking of organizing that thread with 3 columns in excel... actor name, character name, and player name (obviously only one player name for one person... for those of us that have to many to count). Once that's done, it's easy to sort and figure out what order and such to place on the website. Comments on idea?

DarthHERA
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:58:05 PM
Good idea.

I will take the first 10 because I have kept the one I started before.

You want to organize it in Alphabetical order for both the Actor Name (for easy search) and the Character name too?

AmazonBabe
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:04:32 PM
Yeah. Cause some ppl are using a certain character from a movie, while someone else is using the actor from rl.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:05:07 PM
Yeah, you could use an excell spreadsheet for this very easily.

Pierce Tondry
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:07:04 PM
I like this idea and would be willing to help organize some.

DarthHERA
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:07:23 PM
The excell sheet idea is very good.

imported_Eve
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:09:06 PM
Should we make a post in the thread for people to halt for now, so we can organize and shut the thread?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:11:17 PM
I could set up a spot on the Fans server where said spreadsheet could be hosted, so the link to it could remain consistent. I could also dole out FTP access to that particular location to anyone/everyone capable and willing to help keep it up to date.

Pierce Tondry
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:11:21 PM
The sooner, the better I think.

I can also handle Excel work with ease. I'm tutoring people in how to use it as part of one of my classes this semester.

AmazonBabe
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:14:26 PM
Count me in on helping keeping that bugger updated.

And... seeing as how we'd use a spread sheet... working on this at work would be easy as it'd look like I was working (of course, when things are slow :D)

Pierce Tondry
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:16:07 PM
SHAME ON YOU MRS RIE

FOR SHAME INDEED

:) *hugs* Kidding.

imported_Eve
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:16:50 PM
Also my alphabetical order sucks.

Catwoman - Lady Vader
Matthews, Aspen - Eve
Mor-whatever, Viggo - Marcus

Last name first. Duh.

imported_Eve
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:19:52 PM
Another point Rie and I were just talking about.

Ivy, Poison - Amazon Babe
Thurman, Uma - Amazon Babe

Some people will be listed multiple times.

AmazonBabe
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:21:15 PM
Working on it now to see how it comes out.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:24:06 PM
I think it would be possible to have a PHP script read the excell sheet and spit it into an easily searchable database, but I can't code and I hate hate hate doing anything more than HTML/CSS.\

Edit: Idea! Add a field on the user profiles!

DarthHERA
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:25:39 PM
The Actor Name is the foremost search most ppl will use.

If that is listed, then branch from there into the diff characters that particular Actor has been claimed by. Somehow.

AmazonBabe
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:26:56 PM
Doing...

TheHolo.Net
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:36:24 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
I think it would be possible to have a PHP script read the excell sheet and spit it into an easily searchable database, but I can't code and I hate hate hate doing anything more than HTML/CSS.\

Edit: Idea! Add a field on the user profiles! :: isn't sure if cutom user profile fields are searchabe right off the top of his head ::

AmazonBabe
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:39:19 PM
So everyone knows, I'm doing the first 50 some odd posts and then I'll post up the excel spread sheet so that maybe some others can help and add stuff?

Also, there are several ppl here at the board that don't really use actors or cartoons or what have you, but pictures. And half the time the ppl may not know the artist or name of painting... so for those, we may have to place links to the profiles of the particular character... come to think of it, placing links to the profiles for all the characters would be such a bad idea... in case there's someone out there that gets really confused even after reading the name and such.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:48:19 PM
Yes, this is a good idea. We could have things grouped by Characters/Actors, Musicians, Anime, and Artwork. Make it easier to search through.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:00:19 PM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
:: isn't sure if cutom user profile fields are searchabe right off the top of his head :: wouldn't it be simple to add a search object for such a field though?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:01:45 PM
wouldn't it be simple to add a search object for such a field though? Probably so, but getting everybody to use it (and use it correctly - filling in the proper info etc...) would not be so simple.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 12th, 2004, 11:04:12 PM
I think it would be easier than a thread? I dunno, either method is flawed. Both would be the best approach.

AmazonBabe
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:16:14 AM
Would anyone mind if I picked this up tomorrow? My brain is starting to hurt from staring at excel...

TheHolo.Net
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:16:56 AM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
Would anyone mind if I picked this up tomorrow? My brain is starting to hurt from staring at excel... No complaints here.

AmazonBabe
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:17:33 AM
Thanks. :)

*Attempts to uncross eyes.*

TheHolo.Net
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:18:44 AM
You could zip it, attach it in a post here and maybe someone else could do some while you take time off from it? And then they could zip it (after giving it a new version number name because we can't have two attachments with the same name in the DB) so the new version would be here when they hve had enough of working on it.

AmazonBabe
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:45:06 AM
Good idea... lemme do that... or attempt to...

I finished posts 1-12... and already I filled up some 60 or 70 rows :x

AmazonBabe
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:49:43 AM
Here it be.

Be sure to start with post 13 and go for as long as you like. :)

Hope you can understand what I've started...

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:49:50 AM
that's cause you got Mark in there and prolly me :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2004, 03:20:53 AM
I'm picking it up and running :)

-gets to adding lots more-

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2004, 06:04:08 AM
All done :)

imported_Eve
Mar 13th, 2004, 07:19:32 AM
You guys are awesome. That was simple and quick. I don't have excel.

So now someone is converting this to a post?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 13th, 2004, 11:57:45 AM
Wow. Good job guys. :)

:lol now make it a searchable database. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2004, 12:05:05 PM
The thought that searching would have been easier to do in Access/database occured to me about 2/3 through typing all of that up :rolleyes

AmazonBabe
Mar 13th, 2004, 09:54:04 PM
Awesome job there, Dasq! ^_^

Just fine tuned a few things and sorted it in alphabetical order of player name...

Voila!

I think that should be it. :)

(P.S. - I am also currently working on making hyperlinks for the player names to link back to there SWF profiles. Will have that version (4.0) out hopefully within the next couple of days.)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 14th, 2004, 03:14:49 PM
Nice work, Rie. If you want anymore help, let me know :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 14th, 2004, 04:27:37 PM
btw, shouldn't it be in alphabetical order by the person the member is using?

I mean, I could be looking to see if anyone's claimed Carrie Ann Moss, but if I look under M I won't find her.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 14th, 2004, 04:52:35 PM
That doesn't really work, since you can't have every column in alphabetical order - i.e. game and movie can't both be sorted alphabetically at the same time.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 14th, 2004, 06:29:39 PM
Yes, I know. Since you can only alphabetize one of the columns, I suggest that the actor name be alphabetized. The anime only names could come after that...?

Hmm. Oh well. It looks good the way it is.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 14th, 2004, 06:33:10 PM
(P.S. - I am also currently working on making hyperlinks for the player names to link back to there SWF profiles. Will have that version (4.0) out hopefully within the next couple of days.) I wouldn't spend any time bothering to do this if I were you.

I am working on adding this DB table to our SWFans DB and as such I can make a server side query/join that will automatically make the names hyperinks (as long as all of the names in this excel table are spelled right :p )

I will also do what I can to make the display sortable on any field, by clicking the field name header, and also I will see about making it all searchable too with field selection options. Don't look for this to all happen overnight though. :p

And one last thing: After I get all the stuff I just mentioned working, I will see about adding an edit and additional record update system that we can use (mods and group mods) though a couple quick PHP idiosynchrosies will need to be conveyed to use it properly and not get errors.

If anyone wants to see the table structure I have in mind (just like the Excel structure really) and understands MySQL you are free to take a look at this sql text file attachment that will create the DB table and populate it with the data I got from the Excel file.

AmazonBabe
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:07:52 PM
I was wondering... is there any way of having it so the person searching can choose which type of way they'd like to search? Whether it be alphabetically by player or actor, etc?

And Ogies... I'll stop with the hyperlinking stuff seeing as how you've got it through some other thingy (good thing I hadn't gone too far). :)

imported_Eve
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:15:00 PM
I can't open the excel files. If it isn't searchable by actor or character name, then what is the point?

What way is it ordered now?

Morgan Evanar
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:34:55 PM
I am working on adding this DB table to our SWFans DB and as such I can make a server side query/join that will automatically make the names hyperinks (as long as all of the names in this excel table are spelled right )

I will also do what I can to make the display sortable on any field, by clicking the field name header, and also I will see about making it all searchable too with field selection options. Don't look for this to all happen overnight though. The entire table will be in a database, and therefore searchable.

Estelle Russard
Mar 14th, 2004, 08:43:26 PM
I couldnt open the file either, but was going to wait to ask sonja or morg online how to, because I thought it was just me being inept.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:25:44 PM
http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.0/index.html

So you can open excel and word files with greater ease.

DarthHERA
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:39:17 PM
Thank you - you're always so good to help. :hug

Morgan Evanar
Mar 19th, 2004, 11:51:47 PM
Whats going on in this threa...

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:07:14 PM
What *is* happening with this thread?

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:41:57 PM
I am studying for my CCNA certification (no simple task) and as such have not had time to work on the integration of this DB with the SWFans DB.

AmazonBabe
Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:31:26 PM
Not "thread" Hollie... it's "threa" per Morg's post. :p

Waits for the inevitable hand to come and smite her* :uhoh

Morgan Evanar
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:37:38 PM
I am studying for my CCNA certification (no simple task) and as such have not had time to work on the integration of this DB with the SWFans DB. Actually, I might crack at it if I have time. LOL time.

Seriously.

TheHolo.Net
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:40:57 PM
Really though there isn'tr all that much you could do unless you host it on one of your sites.

I have the DB for this all scripted up to add. Its just a matter of doing all the PHP work, which is semi intensive, since I'll have to research several pieces of it to get it functional as we want it. Search features, auto links to user profiles, editable by those who are worthy of the responsibility and so and and so on. But thanks for the offer. :)

I really do intend to try and get this going as soon as I can.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:42:32 PM
I have done some very basic work on this. It will be tweaked and improved over time. Suggestions welcome.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/CharacterDB.php?s=

Morgan Evanar
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:55:11 PM
Neat. Now we just need a submission system.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:02:51 PM
P.S.

Names that are spelled incorrectly in this current revision of the DB will not be properly linked to their user profile.

EDIT:
Neat. Now we just need a submission system. I am reluctant to make such a submission system open to anyone and everyone, but will make one accessable by all mods, group and otherwise, I think.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:16:00 PM
The database needs a serious flush for unused accounts and for people who have left. There's no way even half of that is valid anymore. Garabge disposal needs to be looked at. I think I mentioned that before, but got screamed at :/

I'd say soemthing resonable like if your not a currently active poster AND no post on the accunt has been made for six months, character image becomes availible again. Screwed if I know how that would possibly be done tho.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:17:13 PM
I will make the submission system I code up have the option to look up current entires and have the option to delete as well as edit.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:27:00 PM
Approved. This is really rad. We have a lot of great things coming up.

Charley
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:36:26 PM
Any way to sort & order data fields? That would be very handy.

EDIT: Nevermind, that's in there. Looks fine to me :)

Figrin D'an
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:37:45 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
I'd say soemthing resonable like if your not a currently active poster AND no post on the accunt has been made for six months, character image becomes availible again.

This seems perfectly acceptible to me. There has to be some sort of regulation, otherwise we may end up with image-hording.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2004, 08:46:35 PM
OSSUM, looks great Ogre.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 7th, 2004, 11:47:52 PM
Okay, now it's moderately functional, with edit, delete, and new submission functions, but it needs to be prettied up very badly and I just don't have the will to work on that right now.

If you are logged in as a moderator/group moderator on the linked URL, then you should see the new function links.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2004, 02:49:55 AM
Ha, that is too cool! Nice work.

AmazonBabe
Apr 8th, 2004, 12:10:48 PM
That works wonderfully, Ogies! :thumbup

As to making it pretty, I think it's fine the way it is. It's a database, not a fashion model. It's crisp and clear and easy to work with. I say leave it as it is. :)

DarthHERA
Apr 8th, 2004, 02:04:17 PM
I agree with AB - no need for frills and lace.

Outstanding job, Chris!

If you are logged in as a moderator/group moderator on the linked URL, then you should see the new function links

I dont see these buttons though.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 8th, 2004, 02:08:31 PM
Before we start editing stuff, we need to clear out some guidelines for nuking claims.

I think if the account has been inactive for over nine months, it's claims are out.

Lady Vader
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:42:04 PM
Well, that rule should apply to an inactive account/person.

For instance, I'm sure I or Charley or whomever has multiple accounts prob has an account lying around that's been inactive for nine months, but the person is still quite active. I don't think i'd want my (i.e. Coruscant Call Girl) deleted. I have it in wait for random posts and such.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 8th, 2004, 04:45:56 PM
I think if you use it that seldomly, its not going to kill you to make a claim on it every nine months.

AmazonBabe
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:10:46 PM
I'd rather not have to due to the hassle of it...

For instance, the account gets deleted, and say a week after it's deleted, lo and behold, I need it. So I have to reregister the account, put up the pics again, but oh no, someone has utilized the pic, so now I either have to never use the character again or go hunt for another pic.

I just don't want to have to be put through that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:22:50 PM
Just make a post with all of your accounts every nine months. Problem solved. :rolleyes

AmazonBabe
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:24:07 PM
I was just thinking about that. Guess if that's the only alternative I have, I'll do it. :mneh

Morgan Evanar
Apr 8th, 2004, 05:45:10 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Just make a post with all of your accounts every nine months. Problem solved. :rolleyes Yes.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:14:03 PM
The bad news.

Semi regularly I go through and delete accounts that have not been active for 12 months. I know for a fact that I have deleted some of Charley's accounts that he hasn't used for a while, and I have probably deleted some of yours too AB.

Just logging in with them isn't quite enough to make them "active" in my AdminCP. You have to log in with them and do something like mark all forums read or make a post.
Originally posted by DarthHERA
I dont see these buttons though. The base URL (sw-fans.net, swforums.net etc...) of the webpage must be the base URL your mod account is logged into. And there aren't any buttons. There is a link near the top of the page that will take you to the Add entry form, and each name in the DB listing has an edit link underneath it.

I went through last night and cleaned the list up some. Names that had claims to actors or whatnot that were not registered names, or had been changed so drastically that I could not locate them, were removed. All names currently in the listing do match up to valid user profiles.

Thats a slight inadequacy with how this is set up. When someone changes their username, this DB will not reflect that unless manually changed. When new entries are made, you must spell the user's name exactly how their name appears on the forums. Many of my edits last night were ones that involved changing "Full" character names to their actual registered name.

Many of my deletes last night were deletion of claims made that had no actual registered name tied to it.

There need to be rules about that. I believe that all claims must be tied to an actual registered name, with a properly linked user profile.

Another issue I see when going through the list is many users who claim more than a single persona. I really think it should be a one to one thing to be fair to everyone else.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:58:27 PM
Before we start editing stuff, we need to clear out some guidelines for nuking claims.

I think if the account has been inactive for over nine months, it's claims are out.

There need to be rules about that. I believe that all claims must be tied to an actual registered name, with a properly linked user profile.

Agreed, agreed, agreed. I'd be quite happy to work out rules n shit as well as help maintain the database.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:03:00 PM
I wonder if adding a "Submission Date" field to the Database would be a bad idea? Such a date would not need to be entered in the submission form if it is added. It could be automatically added/modified, when an entry is added or edited. But to save headaches, all current entries would have the submission date of when I add the field, if I add the field.

Also, I am considering adding a hidden field that would tell who added/edited a submission. It wouldn't be displayed in the Main DB, but could be seen via some other method.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:04:45 PM
That would be a good idea.

Lady Vader
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:09:52 PM
and I have probably deleted some of yours too AB.

>_< D'oh!

Time to start counting my fingers and toes...

EDIT: Phew! ^_^; All fingers and toes accounted for :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:48:25 PM
A "Submitted/Edited Date" field has been added, and so has a submitter field. The last submitter can be seen when an entry is edited.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:24:47 PM
An error has been found and fixed. Group mods were not able to see or use the "edit" or "add" links due to some coding errors on my part. That problem has now been resolved.

EDIT: Here is a "relative" URL link, which should have whatever base URL you are currently using for the DB page:

SWFans.Net RP Character DB (CharacterDB.php?)

Charley
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:24:35 PM
I still don't see the edit or add links.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:43:13 PM
Originally posted by Charley
I still don't see the edit or add links. Did you log in with your Darth Vader account?

Pierce Tondry
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:47:53 PM
Very nicely done.

Darth Vader
Apr 8th, 2004, 11:09:35 PM
My mistake. I thought my Charley account was a group mod account :)

Figrin D'an
Apr 9th, 2004, 04:13:41 PM
It seems to work well. I added the character entry/account for which I had claimed Calo Nord and made sure to edit the info for my Figrin character appropriately. It did it seemlessly. :)

Estelle Russard
Apr 9th, 2004, 04:25:37 PM
An error has been found and fixed. Group mods were not able to see or use the "edit" or "add" links due to some coding errors on my part. That problem has now been resolved.

EDIT: Here is a "relative" URL link, which should have whatever base URL you are currently using for the DB page:

SWFans.Net RP Character DB (CharacterDB.php?)

I see them now, thankye :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2004, 06:24:23 PM
Okay, here is a summary of the rules mentioned so far and a few more I believe prudent.

--------------------------------------

General Rules.

1. One "persona" claim per individual character. (We will need to clean up the current DB so that this rule applies to those already present in the DB.)

2. Submissions must be for presently registered forum character names only.

3. Submissions will be made in the Character DB submission thread (a new one) and wil include the exact spelling of the registered name for which the claim is to be made.

4. Nine months of inactivity on any account will require the holder of the persona claim be contacted. If there is no response to the contact, PM email etc..., the persona claim is forfiet and the DB entry is deleted.

Rules for those who add DB entries (mods and group mods)

1. You must verify a submission meets the above General Rules, including verifying the registered name exists and there are no persona claim conflicts, before making the new entry into the DB.

2. Be sure your spelling is correct wherever possible, most importantly with actor/actress names and registered user accounts. Make sure once the entry is added that it properly links to the user's profile.

3. Before editing an existing entry verify there are no persona conflicts.

4. Document that the entry has been added, edited, or denied in the public submission thread.

------------------------------

Discussion of these rules, as well as suggestions for improvements or any more that may be needed are welcome.

Gav Mortis
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:23:45 PM

1. One "persona" claim per individual character. (We will need to clean up the current DB so that this rule applies to those already present in the DB.)

I might be misunderstanding this rule but if not, as far as my interpretation goes, this rule will mean that I cannot do what I am doing with my Loki Ahmrah character. I have always had Daniel Radcliffe for him in his child manifestation however I also roleplay him in adult form and young adult form; using a different persona for each of the age gaps. Not many people roleplay their characters in such a way and surely there can be exceptions to the rule as I wouldn't want to be roleplaying a forty year old Loki and still have Harry Potter for his character picture. Having said that, if the personas are assigned to different accounts offering variations on the same character, in Lokis case three, would that be an infringement on this rule?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:27:29 PM
Originally posted by Gav Mortis
I might be misunderstanding this rule but if not, as far as my interpretation goes, this rule will mean that I cannot do what I am doing with my Loki Ahmrah character. I have always had Daniel Radcliffe for him in his child manifestation however I also roleplay him in adult form and young adult form; using a different persona for each of the age gaps. Not many people roleplay their characters in such a way and surely there can be exceptions to the rule as I wouldn't want to be roleplaying a forty year old Loki and still have Harry Potter for his character picture. Having said that, if the personas are assigned to different accounts offering variations on the same character, in Lokis case three, would that be an infringement on this rule? My suggestion for an easy way around the rule in that case is to create another name for one of the personas. Perhaps include his middle name or a title? Oh wait, you said that at the end. No, that would not be an infringment. :)

EDIT: And in reality I did see one DB entry that would be an exception to this rule. There is a registered name that is actually two characters. The name is along the lines of Marge & Homer Simpson (not really like that except in format) and that particular name style is what I see as an acceptable method. But, I wouldn't want to see that style abused either. In the case as it is its a married couple or something like that and I am okay with it, but if it were a name that encompassed a whole group of people numering more than two I wouldn't care for that registered name claiming multiple personas.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:47:23 PM
So if I wanted to use an actress for Lilaena as well as the comic character Razor, that would be bad?

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:53:55 PM
I was wondering if I can add my Keira char. and my Ailla char to it?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:54:24 PM
So if I wanted to use an actress for Lilaena as well as the comic character Razor, that would be bad?
You could use them both, but only claim one of them in the DB, offcially. We need to stop out loopholes to avoid hording of personas. I saw a at least one person, maybe more, that had more than four claims for one registered account. That cannot be allowed.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:56:05 PM
Originally posted by Alana Stormcloud
I was wondering if I can add my Keira char. and my Ailla char to it?
If they are actual registered names and the persona claims do not conflict with any others, yes. Please follow the rules I posted regarding spelling.

EDIT: Also, do what Fig did and place the claims in the current Character DB thread for now after you add them too.

We will start a new thread in OOC fairly soon. Once we have the rules all ironed out, understood and we start working on cleaning up the DB itself.

Figrin D'an
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:15:56 PM
So, as I have both Humphery Bogart and Qui-Gon Jinn listed for my character, I'd have to remove one of them from the database, and then hope that everyone else is willing to let me use the other and that it isn't claimed by someone else, thus forcing me to give it up?

I'm generally willing to be reasonable, but I tend to think that some others might not. Some of the posters that have been around a while might not take it well if a newbie were to show up and claim a persona that they have held for a long time. By the rules, the veteran poster would have no choice but to give it up should it be the "second" persona of the two that they use for a character.

Edit: I'm not necessarily objecting to the rule... I'm just pointing out a potential problem that could result from this.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:22:48 PM
Ok to make sure I did this right. I added the names I have in the old Char. Data base thread to the new one you have here. Is that what you meant? Also is it ok just to have Royo Art or should I put links to the pics them selves or to my sigs if I don't know the name of the art?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:32:07 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
So, as I have both Humphery Bogart and Qui-Gon Jinn listed for my character, I'd have to remove one of them from the database, and then hope that everyone else is willing to let me use the other and that it isn't claimed by someone else, thus forcing me to give it up?

I'm generally willing to be reasonable, but I tend to think that some others might not. Some of the posters that have been around a while might not take it well if a newbie were to show up and claim a persona that they have held for a long time. By the rules, the veteran poster would have no choice but to give it up should it be the "second" persona of the two that they use for a character.

Edit: I'm not necessarily objecting to the rule... I'm just pointing out a potential problem that could result from this. The rule can still be modified, but I really want to try and avoid persona hording, which appears to be happening with some people already. (no not you or LD :p )

Ok to make sure I did this right. I added the names I have in the old Char. Data base thread to the new one you have here. Is that what you meant? Also is it ok just to have Royo Art or should I put links to the pics them selves or to my sigs if I don't know the name of the art? If you don't know the name of the character depicted or artist then I really don't see much point in putting it in the DB myself. The point of the DB is that people can use their browser find functions to search for key terms. Having only a link to a picture kills the usefulness of the DB.

Alana Stormcloud
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:42:21 PM
K Well I know its Royo art so I will go find the names of the pics. :) BTW I found it very easy to use when I needed to look up my used Char. Very nice feature.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:45:59 PM
K Well I know its Royo art so I will go find the names of the pics. :) BTW I found it very easy to use when I needed to look up my used Char. Very nice feature. Listing it as Ryo art and having the URL is good, that makes it searchable. :)

I will go through and make some changes to the fields so that input URLs are made into actual links automatically.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:13:52 PM
Figrin, considering how long you have been using both, I dont think anyone goign to object. It's not like your trying to hoarde or warehouse.

AmazonBabe
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:44:32 PM
You could use them both, but only claim one of them in the DB, offcially. We need to stop out loopholes to avoid hording of personas. I saw a at least one person, maybe more, that had more than four claims for one registered account. That cannot be allowed.

In my LV and AB case, wouldn't that be somewhat confusing if I was using Poison Ivy from the movies for my AB character and then someone decided to use the Poison Ivy from the cartoons (and same instance for LV with Catwoman)?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:49:30 PM
In my LV and AB case, wouldn't that be somewhat confusing if I was using Poison Ivy from the movies for my AB character and then someone decided to use the Poison Ivy from the cartoons (and same instance for LV with Catwoman)? those are single personas, not two distinct things. Your talking Catwoman as one persona for LV and Poison Ivy as one persona for AB, the situation is not the same.

AmazonBabe
Apr 10th, 2004, 12:14:40 AM
OH, ok, I understand :)

AmazonBabe
Apr 10th, 2004, 12:24:30 AM
Another question:

Would editing a post also show an account as being active? Or do you have to make a new post?

Lady Vader
Apr 10th, 2004, 01:35:39 AM
Also, would threads that are closed still be considered for the accounts activity?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 10th, 2004, 02:28:17 AM
You could use them both, but only claim one of them in the DB, offcially.

Wouldn't that cause even more problems? I wouldn't really want to give up either of the guys I use for Vega (I chopped one of them out of the database, since I realise I never use him). I mean, I could list one but if someone else turned up and started using my actor, and I only had the game character listed, would that mean I had no right to tell them to stop using the actor? :\

TheHolo.Net
Apr 10th, 2004, 10:13:47 AM
I am very reluctant to allow more than a single persona claim per registered character. Even with the examples presented, I see no valid reason why any member should be allowed to claim more than a single persona. Its a matter of being fair to everyone.

Charley
Apr 11th, 2004, 09:42:08 AM
So could I use a persona, and then have s'Il do a drawing on top of that? I've been going on a trend of that lately.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 11th, 2004, 11:18:19 AM
Well, if its a drawing FOR you, obviously they can't use that.

Sorsha Kasajian
Apr 15th, 2004, 11:31:12 AM
ok, you all know how dumb I am. Where is this database? I know I need to update/add myself to it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 15th, 2004, 11:53:51 AM
I have done some very basic work on this. It will be tweaked and improved over time. Suggestions welcome.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/CharacterDB.php?s=

from post 62, Kitty :)

edit: And you're already in there.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 21st, 2004, 03:03:02 PM
Is this done...? O_o

Lady Vader
Aug 25th, 2004, 11:29:41 AM
I think it's been done for quite some time now, Holly.

I've been able to use it for finding things and adding things, so it's worked fine for me.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/CharacterDB.php?]SWF (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/CharacterDB.php?[url) Character DB[/url]

One thing I haven't seen is a link placed under the Main Menu on the Portal page. This would make it easy to find for ppl.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 25th, 2004, 11:54:50 AM
We will start a new thread in OOC fairly soon. Once we have the rules all ironed out, understood and we start working on cleaning up the DB itself. As far as I know the CharDB is a sloppy mess of inaccuracies out-dated info and no one has stepped forward to help get the rules or the DB itself all ironed out, thus why it isn't in common use as of this time.

I myself do not have the time or the resources to go through the entire thing and clean it up by myself. We need some volunteers who are willing to help do it and then help stay on top of it. All group mods and SW-Fans mods have full read/write access to the CharDB.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2004, 01:57:44 PM
I would work on cleaning up the database, but I'm not sure where to start or how to go about it...??

Show me what to do/where to start and I'll do it!! RPing is slow enough I have TIME on my hands.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2004, 02:02:03 PM
I have a fair amount of time too, so if you need a hand ... :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2004, 01:57:06 AM
Okay, here is a summary of the rules mentioned so far and a few more I believe prudent.

--------------------------------------

General Rules.

3. Submissions will be made in the Character DB submission thread (a new one) and wil include the exact spelling of the registered name for which the claim is to be made.

4. Nine months of inactivity on any account will require the holder of the persona claim be contacted. If there is no response to the contact, PM email etc..., the persona claim is forfiet and the DB entry is deleted.

Rules for those who add DB entries (mods and group mods)

1. You must verify a submission meets the above General Rules, including verifying the registered name exists and there are no persona claim conflicts, before making the new entry into the DB.

2. Be sure your spelling is correct wherever possible, most importantly with actor/actress names and registered user accounts. Make sure once the entry is added that it properly links to the user's profile.

4. Document that the entry has been added, edited, or denied in the public submission thread.

------------------------------

Discussion of these rules, as well as suggestions for improvements or any more that may be needed are welcome.

I suggest that we post a link to the DB with explaination and new rules. Also, a visible, permanent link, such as on the Portal, or something. Then make a thread separately in the Communication forum for claim submissions. Group mods can then go through and add claims periodically to the DB, posting that they've added "so and so through whatsisname" so we don't have double entries from people trying to be helpful.

Banned users also have their claims forfeit, correct?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2004, 02:06:16 AM
... I also suggest we type up a form PM to be sent to people who have not made a post in nine months to a year. Such as:

>subject: Account Activity

>body of PM: Your account has not made a post in over nine months. If this is an active account, please reply to this PM in one week, or else your account's character picture claims will be deleted out of the Character Database, per the forum rules.

If your account is inactive for an entire year, it will be deleted completely and you will have to re-register.

Thank you,
Sw-Fans.Net Forums Staff

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2004, 02:18:21 AM
ALSO I've added in the latest entries, there are no more that need to be ADDED. :)

Pierce Tondry
Aug 29th, 2004, 08:20:40 PM
... I also suggest we type up a form PM to be sent to people who have not made a post in nine months to a year. Such as:

>body of PM: Your account has not made a post in over nine months. If this is an active account, please reply to this PM in one week, or else your account's character picture claims will be deleted out of the Character Database, per the forum rules.

If your account is inactive for an entire year, it will be deleted completely and you will have to re-register.

Thank you,
Sw-Fans.Net Forums Staff

Isn't it already Ogre's policy to delete accounts that have been inactive for a year? If so, couldn't this be added to the FAQ without the need for a PM message?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 30th, 2004, 02:43:36 AM
They get culled after a year, yes, but...

please reply to this PM in one week, or else your account's character picture claims will be deleted out of the Character Database, per the forum rules.

With this we would know who was vanishing, and when, so we could keep a more up to date database.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 30th, 2004, 03:18:20 PM
Like Jenny says, this really isn't about keeping the forum database clean, this is about the Character Database, which is a different critter.

Ogre - we probably need a list of all the characters that have been deleted so far, if you have one. If there is no way of finding that out the easy way, then I guess we could go through and check them all.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 30th, 2004, 03:50:09 PM
The following profiles and names from the Character Database have been inactive since December 2003 or before. Their claims should be removed, and some are more than a year old and should be deleted.

I propose these claims be purged, and the character database as it exists now in OOC be moved to this forum and archived. The new database should be linked to in the OOC forum and the Portal, and the llist of removed claims should be made available through PM to anyone who asks for it.

Thoughts? And I'm not too sure about the dual claim issue, but I made a note of each account that claimed more than once. And yes, I went through every single name, with no exceptions.

I will change all of these to reflect the character names eventually )like the first few are).
A

Abel Kannan (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2343)
Admiral Lebron (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=110)
Adriana Nakita (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3257)
Aaron Vilnaldi (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2649)
Aejin Rahn (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2512)
Alexia Kohaku (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3725)
Allex Mcgraves (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3104)
Altered Beast (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2401)
Anbira Hicchoru (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=45) - picture used doesn't match picture claimed
Andraq Novka (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1091)
Ankhesnamun (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3199)
Anthony Scott (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2532) -banned
Aramis & Kelli Rakai (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3891) - one year hits in Dec - zero posts
Arik Illian - deleted
Arrukaa Deynarrusaa (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3194)
Ashe Sieris (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3879)
Asimov Savin (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3578)
Aurora Keaira (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1605)
Avolon Bisel (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1335)

B

Baron Marco Van Derveld (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2276)
Bhen F'shar - deleted
Boba Fett - deleted

C

Cal Younger (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3132)
Carmen Darksun (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2105) - banned
Celsius Snowtamer - deleted
Chaos Alexander (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=911)
Chono (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3603)
Clay Streck - deleted
Cobra Don (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3406)
Commodore Leon Dagrelle - deleted
Cyriam Grimm (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1981)
Cyrus Haman (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1365)

D

D'raaj A'arkantheil - deleted
Dae Jinn - two claims, one actress, one anime
Danny (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3796) - no posts
Danya Van Derveld (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1742) - banned
Darius Van-Derveld (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=473)
Darruussa Ajakeerro (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2295)
Davnon Starr (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3804)
Dawn Holly - deleted
Deric Rion (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3350)
Dirjj Mordrai - deleted
Donovan (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3381)
Drizzit Darreerden (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2584)
Duncan Wallace (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3698)

E

Eldrak Gruuhl (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=302)
Elessar Stavit (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2155)
Eli Krestoff - deleted
Emotion (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2550)
Endo Freedoo (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=15)
Envoy Nissorinnah - deleted
Eric Vance (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3355)
Ezra has more than one character claim

F

Fa'Rawn Lin (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3497)
Faith Scott (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2552)
Fel Tarkenton (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2879)
Fenra s'Ilancy (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2629)
Figrin D'an has two claims
Flet Shoudler (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2342)

G

Galak Neeus (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3694)
Garmollo Apostate - deleted
Garrett Blade (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=474) - two claims and said he left RPing ...
Garuda (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3604)
Gavin (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2365)
Geeda the Hutt (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1272)
Gideon Kell (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3168)
Grev Drasen has four claims
Guy Tao - deleted
Gyon Banex (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3376)

H

Hades Eversor (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3397)
Helios (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3145)
Hermes Spearman (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1956)
Hinata Neketsu - deleted
Horobi (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3605)

I

Iago Kent (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2526)
Ice (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3043)
Ice War'Ning (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3736) - banned
IMPLEMENT - deleted
Invictus Tyr -deleted

J

Jacali Danner (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3267) -doesn't appear to be up to date
Jacen Himes -deleted
Jana Silthron (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2481)
Janus Riddyl (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2740)
Jaranda Piett-Tomar -deleted
Jared Mriad has two claims
Jarek Tchort - deleted
Jaslin Fett (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1492)
Jeran Conrad (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1825)
Jesse Custer (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2921)

K

Ka' el Darcverse (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2932) - reportedly left RPing in an OOC thread

recently
Kaiasssuri Cissaroni (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1832) - banned
Kam Dapp (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2152)
Kam Juren -deleted
Kanon Krowe -deleted
Karl Emmerich - deleted
Kierin Kuan (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3777)
Kolarik (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2890)
Kolya Van-Metzger (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3686)
Korbin Magikan (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3486)
Korge Jazzka - deleted

L

Laithien Andvagor (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3721) - no posts
Lance Stormrider (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1502) - and three claims
Laric Nworb (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1546)
Lawrence Trent Millard - deleted and two claims
Leeloo Mina (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=169)
Levi Argon - deleted
Lisa Ripley (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3035)
Logic (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2458)
Lok s'Ilancy-Millard (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2194)
Loki Ahmrah has three claims
Luo Vasst (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3597)

M

Maester Wargrave (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1682)
Magda (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3535) - and no posts
Mai Zarifa - deleted
Malak (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3407) - and no posts
Mao-yin Kuan - deleted
Marcus v4 (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=84)
Matt Eisen - deleted
Maxim Vasilijev (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2844)
May, the Happy Child - deleted
Michael Carlisle (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2718)
Michin Troval (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1351)
Mike Sheilds - deleted
Mikl Shin - deleted
Morewind (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2713)
Morrisa - deleted
Motssumi Rosskaarru (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1126)
Mr. Dust has three claims
Mr Wednesdaydale (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=88)
Mr. Happy (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2635)
Myaad Seblatar (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3438)

N

Nathan West - deleted
Ned Stark (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=759)
Niamh (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3311)
Nicky Huu (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2894)
Niklos Thorson (Oddball) (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1468)
Nivram Draklar (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2207)
Nyah Torins (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2881)

O

Oddball (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2567)
Oishii Sakana (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2084)
Omen (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3507)

P

Paegxis Pragmaa (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3555)
Pandora Damaris (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1199)
Proctor Saggio - deleted

Q

R

Rage (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2999)
Raine Callador (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1022)
Raven Callador (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1112)
Raven Ryu (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3491)
Raymious - deleted
Reginald Hastings (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3113)
Renesa Senaria (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2947)
Rhayne (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3151)
Rhianna Ravenloft has two claims
Rick Wright has two claims
Rinpoo Chuan - deleted

S

Sage Hazzard (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1349)
Sakoya Myst - deleted
Sam Riley (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2580)
Sarin Vorrann - deleted
Senator Vobb (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3089)
Seven Maelsav (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3802) - and no posts
Silex Invictus - deleted
Sl Enoth - deleted
Sliff - deleted
Sonzai Kurai (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3007)
Starr (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2633)
Stathis Reslith - deleted
Stratus - deleted
Surpanakha (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1783)
Suzukai Seitou - deleted
Sylos'delka (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2843)
Synthia (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3468)
Syrius Cline (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=873)

T

Tai Maki Ori (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3467)
Taja Loran has two claims
Tamara Friesen - deleted
Taran has two claims
Taro Idol (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1986)
Taylor Millard has two claims
The Ace of Diamonds (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3751)
Thomas Drake (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3348)
Tirzak Kerr (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1067)
TK-632 (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3815)
Tomar - deleted
Torriana Marx (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1820)
Trace Sha (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=6)
Tyler Younger (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3125)
Tyrel Kiterix (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1928)

U

V

Vaine - deleted
Valanya Belargic (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3248) -character has been discontinued
Vardlokkur (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3065)
Vega Van Derveld has two claims
Vera Ravencourt-Millard (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1066)
Vice Hazzard - deleted
Vicet (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=67)
Vincent D'eshann - deleted
VIRRANA'H TEI has two claims
Vittorio di Nocturne - deleted
Vladimir Vin Niktu (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2158)

W

Wagner (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2961)
Wei Wu Wei has three claims

X

X.I.M. (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3391)
Xazor Elessar (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1095) - banned and THREE claims
Zakatiel Rhinehart - deleted
Zeke, the Happy Child - deleted

Z

Zumari - deleted

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2004, 01:34:56 AM
Commodore Leon Dagrelle - deleted

The username has been changed to simply 'Leon Dagrelle', so not deleted.

Marcus Telcontar
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:27:44 AM
Ah FUCK, Venom's gone. Shit. Shit Shit Shit. Damn, forgot the one year account execution :(

Master Yoghurt
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:11:21 AM
Speaking of inactive account deletion. Would it be possible having an automated email reminder 1 week before an account is due to be deleted?

Pierce Tondry
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:10:05 AM
Not a bad idea, Yog, although it could turn out counterproductive in some cases. I can see people logging in to make one post, then dropping off the map again, just to keep an account active. But, that's probably of less weight than the trouble it would save in later complaints.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:59:48 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Speaking of inactive account deletion. Would it be possible having an automated email reminder 1 week before an account is due to be deleted?
I suggested that already via PM, at the nine month mark, giving one plenty of time to check the account before the one year deletion.

Honestly, if it hasn't been touched in nine+ months it probably isn't going to be touched after that. If you can't remember the account exists long enough to check it's PMs, then why have the account at all?

Thank you,
Sw-Fans.Net Forums Staff

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:04:36 PM
Hang on... Angela Penkava is in the inactive list, yet it hasn't been 9 months or a year so you can't delete her (her last post was April 9, 2004).

Come to think of it, most of my accounts are up there despite the fact their last posting dates were April 9, 2004.

I guess I'm confused from reading this first paragraph:

The following profiles and names from the Character Database have been inactive since December 2003 or before. Their claims should be removed, and some are more than a year old and should be deleted.

If that's the case, then what are my accounts doing in the list? Unless I misunderstood something or read something wrong...

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:14:51 PM
Sorry, I meant from this date in 2003 up to dec. 2003. And they were all 2003 I'm pretty sure, LV. I checked every SINGLE account on that database.

TheHolo.Net
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:19:41 PM
Account deletions are not an automated process. Its something I do periodically. I always use "Inactive for 356 days" as my search criteria in the admin CP when I do the inactive user look ups.

Sending PMs to those users is nigh impossible since it is typically around 100+ users or so each time I do it, and I'm doing it manually with no option to mass PM (which would probably kill our DB anyhow with over 100 users being PM'd all at the same time.). I usually remember to do the pruning about every three or four months.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:21:53 PM
LV, I re-checked three of your old accounts and they've all been inactive for over a year.

Come to think of it, most of my accounts are up there despite the fact their last posting dates were April 9, 2004.

I don't know what last post date you're looking at, but you are incorrect...

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:27:52 PM
OK, look, there is a thread at TSO where I posted with them last April precisely because of this 9 month activity rule thing because I did not want them deleted.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35193

I don't know if you can read it, Holly, cause it's in a closed forum, but I know Ogre can.

I see April 9, 2004 (some April 15, 2004) as their last posting, so I honestly don't know where you're getting your info from.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2004, 02:32:42 PM
Their profiles, just like all the other accounts I checked?

Maybe because you chose to post in a closed forum that I don't have access to, it wouldn't show me those posts as their last ones.

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2004, 03:21:49 PM
Then it may have to be that whomever checks the accounts needs to have access to all closed forums or they will not be getting accurate information.

Or, what I could do as an experiment is move it to an open forum over at TSO and see if you can see the dates. Lemme try that really quick.

EDIT: Ok, I moved it to an open forum in TSO, so you should see the correct date now?

I checked with one of my accounts that does not have access to any locked forums on this board, and I now see the correct posting date for those accounts.

I also fixed the double entries.

So they should be removed from the list above. Less accounts for you to worry about. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:28:10 PM
Well I was just trying to do everyone a favor and get a head start on this, I really had no idea that because I don't have access to all locked forums that a problem like this would occurr. :( LV, your accounts will be removed off the list once I go through and double check everything.

I don't know how long it'll take me to get all the names linked into that list, like I did for the A's, because it's taking forever, and I don't have enough time. Das - you said you'd be happy to help, so if you want to edit my list go for it. :)

Sanis Prent
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:50:39 PM
IIRC, mods can't edit other mods posts. You're stuck with the hot potato :mneh

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2004, 04:51:02 PM
Dun worry bout it, Holly dear. Just think of it as learning something new from the board.

If you want, I can go through the list now and put in names (I'm kinda bored here at work ^_^; ) I was gonna put it in txt format and you could just copy paste it.

EDIT: Starting the linking thingy... :D

EDIT2: Half way through :uhoh

EDIT3: FINISHED! :x

Ok, the txt file was acting funny with spacing and indentation and stuff, so i saved it as a word file. I'll attach it to a new post as it's not giving me the option to attach a file to an edited post...

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2004, 06:26:51 PM
All ya have to do is open 'er up, copy/paste over the other one, and yer done (unless you wanted to add other stuffs to it). :)

TheHolo.Net
Aug 31st, 2004, 07:04:00 PM
Let me go ahead and clear something else up real quick. Account activity as it relates to username deletions is not based on last post dates. It is based on "account activity", which can include stuff not so easily seen as last post date.

If a username is logged into and marks a forum read it counts as account activity as far as the DB is concerned and as far as my "inactivity" search for uname deletions is concerned. Sending PMs would also probably qualify as account activity as far as the DB and my search is concerned. I',m not sure at this time if a user search in the ModCP for a user shows their last "active" date or not, but I think it might.

Charley
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:14:02 PM
Simply logging in wouldn't be sufficient though, right?

TheHolo.Net
Aug 31st, 2004, 08:17:18 PM
Originally posted by Charley
Simply logging in wouldn't be sufficient though, right? Nope. Marking all forums read seems to do it though. Thats how I keep my names off the delete list.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2004, 09:32:49 PM
All right, then forget the list I made. Some tips on how to effectively purge the character database list would be HELPFUL, instead of criticisms and explainations on how what I did was inaccurate.

Again, I was just trying to be helpful.

Charley
Aug 31st, 2004, 10:06:46 PM
OFF WITH HER HEAD!

TheHolo.Net
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:42:26 AM
All right, then forget the list I made. Some tips on how to effectively purge the character database list would be HELPFUL, instead of criticisms and explainations on how what I did was inaccurate.

Again, I was just trying to be helpful. I was not criticizing what anyone did. I was explaining how username deletions are handled, so that everyone here could understand. CharDB deletions will need to be handled differently from username deletions, that is certain.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 1st, 2004, 06:38:30 AM
There's got to be a KISS way of handling this, I just can't think of what it is. I will think on it, and try to come up with something potentially useful.

Master Yoghurt
Sep 1st, 2004, 08:39:49 AM
Well, there really is only one easy way; if there was vBulletin hack for automating the process, sending emails to the accounts due to be deleted, or bulk emailing to the accounts being filtered out by 365. I can understand doing it manual is a nuisance.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 1st, 2004, 09:59:17 AM
Our vB software is already so hacked I am pretty reluctant to add any more, plus its getting tough to find decent hacks for our version of vB anymore since its now out of date.

Lady Vader
Sep 1st, 2004, 04:46:38 PM
So, then, me posting once every 6 months with those accounts I don't want deleted isn't enough?

I mean, earlier in this thread, I asked the same question and I was given a yes, it would be enough. (Or close to that anyways.)

I'm just wondering if that has changed now...

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:25:39 PM
Hey, how about RPing with them? I mean, you don't really use 'em do you? o_O

But yeah, posting with them is enough. That hasn't changed.:)

Lady Vader
Sep 1st, 2004, 05:33:16 PM
Ah, good. I was starting to get worried there. ^_^;

Yeah, I really should RP with them. I should assign one day out of each month to dedicate to each character. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 2nd, 2004, 07:25:58 PM
Rie - thank you for coding that list for me. :hug

And I'm planning on going through the list and deleting out the already deleted claims. I can't really do anything else, as no one's come to any decisions on what to do with old claims yet.

AmazonBabe
Sep 3rd, 2004, 03:16:49 PM
Not a prob, Holly. Anything I could do to help. :hug

imported_Eve
Sep 28th, 2004, 08:52:33 PM
Why don't you set an announcement? State that all accounts unused for over six months will be deleted unless that person posts a claim. Give two weeks.

That could be a headache, but at least you posted a warning and gave ample time to claim.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 29th, 2004, 01:49:52 PM
All banned or deleted characters have been removed from the database. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted Jarek T'chort's claim when I put in his apostrophe, and I can't remember exactly the name of the guy he uses. If anyone else can fix that, I'd appreciate it. I re-added him, but the name in the claim is probably wrong.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 29th, 2004, 02:00:12 PM
Robert "Creepy T2 Guy" Patrick :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 29th, 2004, 02:30:32 PM
Oh I remembered it backwards. :o

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:18:58 PM
I will post this in the next few days into the OOC forum, along with an announcement directing RPers to look at the thread, as long as there are no objections.

++++++++++++++++++++

<a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/CharacterDB.php?s=>The Character Database has a New Look!</a>

With this new look, there are some updated rules of which you should be advised.

General Rules:

1. One "persona" claim per individual character.

If there are any questions, direct them to the staff via PM. This thread is only for posting a change to your character claim, or adding a new one.

Rules for those who add DB entries (mods and group mods):

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2004, 12:57:07 PM
Done, and done.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:03:04 PM
just a couple of things I noticed, and it may just be because the database is still new, but I figured I'd point them out anyhow.

- Khendon Sevon isn't on the list; he uses one of my drawings.

- There are quite a few that have multiple entries. The one that stands out the most is Taylor. He's on there twice; one entry is correct, but the second turns him into a black british man (Though that makes me laugh just thinking about it :lol )

- I dun see me on there.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:24:49 PM
s'Il, you can fix these, and enter yourself on the list. :) just fyi. Post if you've done so, I don't have time to do those right now. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:39:57 PM
I should prolly pay more attention. Technology these days. Whoof >_<