PDA

View Full Version : Beginning combat (Ida Knoe)

Southstar
Mar 10th, 2004, 08:14:52 PM
Southstar walked out into the training grounds with two wooden staffs in his hands. he quickly scanned the grounds and walked over to where he last taught his apprentice, Ida Knoe. Adequetly rested after their little adventure into the Coronet, Southstar was atually looking forward to a little combat, even though the type prepared for today was going to be light.

He leaned the staffs against a tree and looked out for Ida. If she go the message, she should show up any minute now.

Ida Knoe
Mar 11th, 2004, 12:28:48 PM
Ida Runs into the room Just finishing getting her shirt on, slides into the room and looks at the time..

"I'm on time! 1.2 minutes to spare!"

Southstar
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:36:26 AM
"Excellent." Southstar said "I hope you're feeling rested because we're going to do some physical work today. He took the two staffs and held them before her. "Have you ever used one of these before?"

Ida Knoe
Mar 15th, 2004, 11:41:45 PM
Ida looks over the staves....

"Their sticks! They are good for clubing people with. I had to do that a few time while living on the streets."

Southstar
Mar 17th, 2004, 08:39:12 PM
"Down to it, they are sticks, but they're not meant for simple clubbings." Southstar handed one over to Ida. He then took his and took a reletively neutral stance. In this stance one could go from offense or defense easily.

"Now copy my stance." He said.

Ida Knoe
Mar 18th, 2004, 11:16:19 AM
Ida copies Southstar's stance, though since she is quite a bit smaller, her staff's end is touching the floor.

Southstar
Mar 22nd, 2004, 10:59:36 AM
"Raise your staff up a little." Southstar said to Ida. Once she did Southstar moved slowly to an attack movment and stopped halfway through. "Using your best judgment, where do you think your staff should be to prevent mine from touching you?"

Ida Knoe
Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:29:18 PM
Ida gently places the end of her staff at southstar's groin.

"Putting it sharply there would stop it."

Southstar
Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:51:35 PM
"Ouch." Southstar said and nudged his staff at Ida's head. "But not if I hit you there first." He said and jumped back to break free from the uncomfortable position. He put his staff against Ida's and once again took the neutral stance.

"Well, you're not afraid to be aggressive, which is good. It's an important part to fighting like a Sith. Now, attack as best you can and I will follow in defense."

Ida Knoe
Mar 26th, 2004, 04:21:42 PM
Ida nods then sharply swings her staff at Southstar's knees.

Southstar
Mar 29th, 2004, 06:25:22 PM
She was moving at a faster pace than Southstar expected, but it wasn't faster than anything he had dealt with before. He drove his staff down to counter her attack. The wood cracked as the two staffs connected. Southstar lifted her stick and stepped back waiting for the next attack.

Ida Knoe
Apr 2nd, 2004, 12:47:54 PM
Ida swings the other end of the staff at Southstar's right hip.

Southstar
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:05:25 PM
He caught the attack and forced her staff above her head. He then have a small kick Knocking her back. "When attacking remember to not depend solely on the weapon in hand." He advised.

Ida Knoe
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:12:27 PM
Ida falls on her bum due to the kick, but she gets back you and thrusts the staff at southstar's gutt.

Southstar
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:19:36 PM
Southstar turned as the staff passed by. As Ida thrust forward he brought the tip of his staff to the back of her head. "Had this been a lightsaber you would be dead now." he said and stopped the staff before it connected with her skull.

"Speaking of which, have you had any experience with one?" He asked and took a few steps back. He kept his guard up in case Ida were to continue to attack.

Ida Knoe
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:13:57 PM
Ida shakes her head...

"Nope, I only know how to use a stick and my switch blade."

Southstar
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:51:30 AM
"Well then, we should get you familiar with one." He said and unclipped his own. He rolled it in his hand for a moment. "The lighsaber is a poweful tool. It can hack through nearly anything, it can also deflect blaster bolts. I'm sure you are aware of this already though." He handed the hilt to his apprentice. "Care to give it a try?"

Ida Knoe
Apr 13th, 2004, 01:06:43 PM
Ida smiles and takes the Lightsaber, faces away from Southstar and turns it on, she swings it around kinda clumsy like, with the blade hitting the floor a number of times.

Southstar
Apr 20th, 2004, 03:38:40 PM
Southstar watched as Ida toyed with his lightsaber. She was a little clumsy, but she had never used a lightsaber before. "They're a bit lighter than a sword, but that helps when it comes to quick movements; deflecting blaster shots, ect."

In order to make a point of how powerful the blade was he pointed to a tree stump. "Why don't you try and cut through that stump."

Ida Knoe
Apr 22nd, 2004, 02:44:24 PM
Ida walks over to the stump and swings the blade at it. The blade cuts through the stump quickly, and Ida gets a BIG grin on her face...

"I like this!"

Southstar
Apr 25th, 2004, 05:23:29 PM
"Do you feel powerful?" He asked her. "That blade can cut through nearly anything; living flesh for instance. You have the power to take life with this weapon, though choice of weapon hasn't stopped you before." he smirked.

He unclipped another lightsaber from his belt and held it out towards Ida. "Trade me." He said. "We're going to do some light sparring. You get the first move."

Ida Knoe
Apr 26th, 2004, 10:53:41 AM
Ida turns off the saber and hands it back to Southstar taking the other one from him.

Ida then turns on the saber and slashes it as Southstar's legs.

Southstar
May 11th, 2004, 11:24:44 AM
Instantly Southstar ignighted his lightsaber and with his left hand swung it to catch her attack. "Come on." he taunted intending to anger her a little further.

Ida Knoe
May 13th, 2004, 11:41:29 AM
Ida's temper starts to flare with the taunting as she moves her saber away from Southstar's

She then lifts the saber above her head like a club and swings it down at Southstar's chest.

Southstar
May 19th, 2004, 12:24:26 PM
Holding it with his right hand, he spun the lightsaber until it was perpendicular with his torso. Ida's blade came down a little harder than he expected, perhaps the Force was empowering her through her anger.

"You know, most kids your age do a little better than this." He taunted further. The goal was to get her good and angry so that she could taste the power she had access to. The little taste she would get today would forever make her hungry for more.

Ida Knoe
May 25th, 2004, 11:55:49 AM
Her temper flares even more, sending a the saber at a swing at Southstars's legs...