PDA

View Full Version : Adapting The Dance of Death (Wei)

Neyasha
Mar 9th, 2004, 02:46:04 PM
Neyasha stands in the darkness, with only the light of the saber in her hand. It gives off a pale blue glow, that lights the room around her. She Advances into the darkness, slashing the saber upward left-right slash. She does a 180 spin slashing back down along the same angle that she brought the saber up with. she transfers the saber into her left hand casting out her left arm out in a wide arc, throwing the blade to her right hand that is now behind her back as her left arm reaches its farthest extention back.

She spins the blade twice in her right hand then thrusts forward, quickly bringing the saber upwards after the thrust, letting the blade go at its peek, she spins and goes to catch the saber with her left hand behind her back, but due to the sabers lack of weight, it dosen't spin the way Neyasha was expecting, and the blade runs down her back, and deactavates itself as it hits the floor.

Neyasha falls ot her knees, with tears close to her eyes, and a look of pain on her face, as the blade burns her back. She reaches behind her and picks up the training saber, knowing that if this was a real saber she would have been sliced in half.

The lights turn on and Neyasha looks up towards the door, her face washing back to it's normal emotionless, pain free expression. She stands and faces the person at the door, giving a bow in respect.

"Greeting Master. I was attempting to adapt one of my Katas to work with a lightsaber, though I am having some dificulties. Is there anything I can do for you?"

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 13th, 2004, 11:11:21 PM
Wei entered the room silently, walking towards his Padawan at a steady pace.

"You can begin by showing me your back so I can heal that wound. Then we'll start with the basics. I realize you possess a great deal of deadly prowress with metal blades, but lightsabers are a completely different ball game."

The Knight reached his Padawan and put a hand on her shoulder to turn her so he could reach the burn. "Just as we wield a katana differently than we do a broadsword or a rapier, so too we wield lightsabers in a different manner."

Neyasha
Mar 14th, 2004, 05:21:09 PM
Neyasha turns her back to Wei, and takes off her leather top exposing the burn to Wei.

"I have trained with many styles of blades, and with practice I have been able to convert one of my many dances I use for practice to work with each blade style I use. I see no reason why I con not do the same with the lightsabers."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 14th, 2004, 07:37:32 PM
Wei gingerly placed his hand on her back and watched the redness go down.

"I know. In fact, I'm sure you'll be able to do that eventually. However, I would still like to go over some of the fundamentals in lightsabers before you give it another try."

A short moment later, and Neyasha was as good as new.

"I'll turn around so you can get your top back on, then we'll get started on the basics."

Neyasha
Mar 15th, 2004, 01:44:00 PM
Neyasha, not being bashful, puts her top back on as she turns to face Wei. Not even giving him time to turn. Relising that Wei was only trying to be polite Neyasha says...

"You are a Kind person, but it will be unessesary for you to advert your eyes, Since I am fully clothed, as of now."

Neyasha stands there waiting for further instructions.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 16th, 2004, 07:44:33 AM
Wei nodded and removed one of his lightsabers from his belt. "Ok. We'll use my sabers for this lesson."

Wei switched his lightsaber to the forcefield setting, and handed it to Neyasha, before taking his other lightsaber and doing the same.

"When you activate this saber, it will emit a forcefield instead of a cutting blade. It won't hurt you, so there's no need to worry about injuries."

Wei activated his saber, and gave it a few practice swings. "Take a moment to just swing the lightsaber around. I know you've done this already, but this time pay special attention to the saber. There's no weight to the blade so it's almost like you're just swinging your arm."

Neyasha
Mar 16th, 2004, 12:43:55 PM
Neyasha takes the saber, and activates it. She spins it in one hand, then tosses it to her other hand, spinning it a few times there.

"The weight of the saber is comparable to that of a class 3 tear gas bomb. The blade doesn't respond with the kind of resistance that would be expected for a cutting tool of that length, and does not assist with the movment of the blade at all. If I did not know better, I would trust my judgment, and clasify this as any uneffective hand to hand weapon."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 16th, 2004, 11:24:18 PM
Wei blinked a few times. "Ok."

Wei had no idea what on earth Neyasha was talking about, outside of her last comment.

"True, it would seem like it is uneffective, but we know better. Because of the lightsaber's lack of weight, we are not as aware of the blade as being seperate from us. So the lightsaber becomes more of an extension of ourselves."

Neyasha
Mar 17th, 2004, 03:22:23 PM
Neyasha looks the blade over a few more times, swinging it around getting a feal for it.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 17th, 2004, 04:16:15 PM
"You see that it is not hard to control."

Wei stepped into range of his Padawan. "Now then, Neyasha, we will do a small drill to help you get some better idea of how a lightsaber handles in battle. I will strike, and you will block the strike, but no more. If you reciprocate an attack, I will put you flat on your back."

Wei wanted Neyasha not to fight for the present moment. She would have her chance to attack once she learned how to keep from getting hurt. They were going to take this nice and slow. And besides, it would help Neyasha to overcome her conditioning of always attacking and killing.

Neyasha
Mar 18th, 2004, 10:33:33 AM
Neyasha nods and takes a defencive stance.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 18th, 2004, 03:15:50 PM
Wei began by swinging at Neyasha's midsection. It was the Knight's intention to start his Padawan off with an attack that would be simplistically easy to stop.

Neyasha
Mar 18th, 2004, 03:18:40 PM
Neyasha quickly brings the blade down to block the attack, though as the blade contacts her blade her reflexes/programing causes her to snap one of her feet up at Wei's hip, to what on a normal person would be a disabling blow.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 18th, 2004, 03:26:37 PM
Wei grasped Neyasha's ankle and closed up with her, striking with his wrist before taking her other foot out from under her.

Wei calmly pressed the tip of the practice blade against her throat. "You slow down. Take control of yourself. You're not hurt. Get up and we'll try it again."

Neyasha
Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:54:32 AM
Neyasha stands...

"As I have said before My programing is hard to break most of the time I react on instinct."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 23rd, 2004, 03:00:51 PM
"Then you will keep on trying. We fall down seven times and get up eight times. You will learn self-restraint. It is a trait that all Jedi must have a firm grasp on."

Wei leveled his saber at Neyasha and then flicked the tip of the blade at her head.

Neyasha
Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:15:39 PM
Neyasha ducks under the blade, and it looks like she is about to thurst her blade at Wei's midsection, but instead brings her blade into a defencive position in front of her chest.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 23rd, 2004, 05:39:13 PM
Wei smiled. "There it was. You were able to stop yourself. Good job."

This next attack was low, a sweeping motion at Neyasha's ankles.

Neyasha
Mar 26th, 2004, 04:12:19 PM
Neyasha brings the blade down into a low block deflecting Wei's blade down into the floor.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 26th, 2004, 05:23:25 PM
"Good job."

The Knight allowed the tip of his blade to touch the floor and brought the blade around behind him, changing the saber between his hands as it passed behind his back, and whipped around to strike on the other side.

Neyasha
Mar 26th, 2004, 05:47:02 PM
Neyasha brings the handle of the blade up while leaving the tip facing down, she does a quick step back spinning herself to face the on comming blade, placing her blade between her and Wei's blade.

It's obvouse that she is expending a lot of energy to keep herself from acting on reflex, almost every slight move she makes it looks as if her muscles are going to strike, but she keeps control of herself, letting a mild look of pain escape to her face.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 26th, 2004, 06:20:23 PM
"Having a bit of trouble, Padawan?" Wei asked.

"It seems like you're having to put quite a bit of effort into this drill. May I ask why?"

The Knight lowered his weapon, signalling the drill was over.

Neyasha
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:01:54 AM
Neyasha turns off the saber and sits on the floor, relaxing herself

"My system was programed to act not think. It expells a lot of energy to fight my programing, and Only on extreem cases was I to hold back on my reflexes, But I was only ment to be able to do this for one or two attacks. After that it can get... Uncomfortable."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:45:19 PM
Wei nodded. "I can understand that. When we train ourselves to act a certain way, or develop a certain habit, it can be uncomfortable to have to remember and then go through all the steps to perform that task. But over time, we get used to it and it becomes second nature to us."

Wei also sat on the floor. "Now, we will take a moment to rest, and then we will do a drill that I think you will enjoy much better."

Neyasha
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:02:01 AM
Neyasha nods, and remains seated on the floor, waiting for Wei to start the training again.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 31st, 2004, 02:11:37 PM
After a moment, Wei got to his feet and offered his Padawan a helping hand to get up.

"Ok, this drill will involve deflecting laserbolts."

The Jedi Knight went over to a far wall and retrieved a small, round practice droid.

"This thing is going to shoot little laserbolts at you. They'll only sting if they hit you, nothing too major. The main idea here is to be defensive, like we were in the last drill. However, your defense will also be your offense, as you will be directing the bolt back at the droid."

Wei powered up the droid and it floated overhead. "Don't use your eyes. You don't have reflexes enough for that. Instead, use the Force as your guide. Only by allowing the Force to work in you will you be able to hit the laserbolt back."

Neyasha
Apr 6th, 2004, 10:55:30 AM
Neyasha activiates the saber, and attempts to deflect the bolts without the force, she deflects about 5 bolts then 2 get past her blade, one she dodges the other hits her leg. She blocks another 3 bolts and dodges another 2, before she gets hit while dodging a bother bolt and she falls to the floor.

She turns off the saber and stands, pressing the button on her bracelet, and lets the force flow through her. She then activates the blade again and with the help of the force Neyasha deflects 15 shots, Before one gets past her blade, which she dodges easly.

She turns off the blade and faces Wei.

"How did I do?"

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 6th, 2004, 11:31:05 AM
Wei nodded. "You did very well. Good job with the evasion. With enough practice you ought to be able to stop all of them. But do you see what I mean?" Wei asked, tinkering with the droid again.

"How defense can become offense?" Wei let the droid float out again and readied his own saber.

"Using a simple blocking technique--" the droid fired. Wei's lightsaber flashed and the bolt went right back to the little machine, causing it to move back a few centimeters. "--we use the opponent's power against him. There are more applications to this than merely laserbolts. If you like, we can try to find a few ways in which this principle can be helpful."

Neyasha
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:03:09 PM
"If you think it will be helpful, then by all meens let us try."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:18:35 PM
"Very well then. We will do the same drill as before. I will strike, and you will defend. Now, instead of merely stopping my attack, you will try to make your defensive maneuver an offensive one as well."

Wei thought for a moment and readied his saber. "But first, I would like to show you an example of what I mean. Please attack me with the saber."

Neyasha
Apr 7th, 2004, 03:24:55 PM
Neyasha nods, activates the saber, and sends a quick swinging strike, aimed to travel from Wei's left Hip two his right shoulder.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 11th, 2004, 05:06:23 PM
Wei stepped to the side, and allowed Neyasha's blade to slide along his. Once he was halfway down the blade, Wei pushed on the lightsaber with his own in an attempt to knock his Padawan off balance by diverting her own forward motion.

Neyasha
Apr 13th, 2004, 12:18:25 PM
Neyasha uses the push on the blade to put herself into a spin away from wei's blade. She brings the saber over her head as she spins and brings it down at Wei's neck, as she starts to face him again.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 13th, 2004, 02:10:40 PM
The Knight reached behind himself with his blade to stop the hammerblow to his neck, and let it slide harmlessly off.

"You're getting the idea. Good job. Let's integrate some of what we've learned in past classes."

Following up with his own command, Wei pushed his Padawan with the Force to get some distance between them and regroup for the next round.

Neyasha
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:14:19 PM
Neyasha presses the button on her bracelet again, wanting to be sure the hormone doesn't runout, then lets the force flow through her.

Even though she is very strong to begin with she uses the force to enhance her strength, and does a few quick steps towards Wei, swinging the saber at Wei's right side, about chest hight, with all the strength she can muster. Which is alot!

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:17:04 PM
It was hard not to chuckle as the Jedi Knight grabbed his Padawan's forearm and without slowing down, used the energy to throw her over his back towards the wall.

Neyasha
Apr 14th, 2004, 01:23:19 PM
Neyasha puts herself into a flip in mid air so that her feet contact the wall first. She pushes off the wall letting herself do another flip in the air, and land just out of saber range of Wei in a crouched position behind him. She then takes another step forward as she stands, this time enhancing her speed, slashing up as fast as she can aiming to have the saber hit Wei's left hip.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:49:05 PM
"You learn quickly. Very good, Neyasha."

She was learning how it worked. She was indeed trained for combat. Wei was both proud and saddned by her prowress. The teacher sidestepped the uppercut and swung at her open stomach.

Neyasha
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:01:41 PM
Neyasha Drops into a backwards role into a crouched position, letting the saber pass over her.

"All kinds of Bladed combat are not that diffrent from each other. I was programed to adapt my fighting styles so I could be deadly with any Blade. After I get a feel for the blade style, it does not take me long to learn it."

Neyasha stands, turns off the blade, and bows to Wei.

"Thought what I have a hard time with is leaving a battle unfinished or finished with both parties alive. I'm glad you are here to help me with that."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:29:58 AM
Wei deactivated his saber and smiled at his Padawan. "It's what I'm here for. Practice these things. I know you have a saber with a live blade, but I also recommend you invest in a practice saber like the one I let you borrow today."

Wei held out his hand to take his lightsaber back. "Now, if there are no questions, I believe we have completed the basic Force Technique training. We've sensed things with the Force, used Force Boosting to our advantage, Valora helped us with Telekinesis, and we have discussed lightsaber combat. If there are any other skills you might want to learn that we have not covered, you may ask either me or another teacher to help you learn them. Of course, you must seek me or someone else to teach you. So, back on topic. Do you have any questions for me?"

Neyasha
Apr 15th, 2004, 12:43:56 PM
Neyasha nods.

"I do have one question, accualy it's more of a request. I know My programing does not permit me to use healing of my foe, but I would like to learn how to heal myself and others with the force."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 15th, 2004, 04:24:40 PM
Wei smiled. "Of course. I will arrange a lesson for you in the near future. Is that all?"

Neyasha
Apr 19th, 2004, 11:45:53 AM
Neyasha nod...

"Yes that is All, Master."

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 19th, 2004, 03:48:12 PM
"Very well, you are dismissed. I will contact you once I have the lesson plans drawn up for you next session."

The Knight returned the sabers to his belt, and with a courteous nod left the room to go about his business for that day.

"I know you're a fighting genius and all, but don't forget to practice!" he called over his shoulder.