PDA

View Full Version : For the love of God and all that is Holy

DarthHERA
Mar 8th, 2004, 11:12:32 PM
Could Canuks play a lamer game tonight against the Avs??

It is 8-2 for Colorado right now.

Good greif.

Time to start some more fights boys, this ones a goner.

:(

DarthHERA
Mar 8th, 2004, 11:27:02 PM
er...fight yes.

Have Moore carried out on a stretcher..um No.

>_<

DarthHERA
Mar 8th, 2004, 11:34:23 PM
9-2 now *buries face in hands*

And theres no one here to share my pain

:cry

DarthHERA
Mar 9th, 2004, 12:06:29 AM
Well, that has got to be one of the most insane games yet. The fights, the goals (Cloutier wtf??) the fights, the fan, the fights O_o

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2004, 02:31:55 AM
Someone get the straight jacket. Hera is talking to herself again.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 9th, 2004, 07:35:05 AM
lol, poor Jenn!! :hug

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2004, 09:43:36 AM
Whoa, hang on...

You're a Canucks fan?

I thought I was the only one! :cry :cry :cry

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2004, 10:36:18 AM
Okay, now, having seen the Bertuzzi cheap shot, that's absolutely unnaceptable. He's gone for the rest of the season and he earned it. That was completely uncalled for.

I don't understand people who say the Canucks need a goaltender. I was saying it two years ago after our first round emberassment against the Avalanche, but remember, last year we beat St. Louis. We went to game 7 with Minesota and all our losses were breakdowns. All of the wins had... guess what... consistent goaltending. The biggest problem with the Canucks is inconsistent defensive responsibility. Sometimes our team is a wall, but more often, guys like Sopel, Malik, Ohlund, jump up on the rush and blow it while the counterattack jumps past them. Unnaceptable, ecspecially considering that we have 3 of the roughest, toughest mofos ever to play hockey (Jovocop, Ohlund, and Bert). If we weren't so focused on jumping up and playing like sweedes, we could make sure that our goaltender doesn't need to make a save every 3 seconds because we blow it in the nuetral zone.

I think getting Kolzig would be a terrible move. Remember, if you would, that Kolzig plays for the basemeant dweller in what is the weakest division in the eastern conferance. Besides Pittsburg and Chicago, there is not a weaker team in the league. Yes, they're having a fire sale, but that's roughly akin to Jack in the Box lowering prices after the uncooked meat scandle. Would you want that burger, no matter how cheap it is?

I think our focus right now should be up front. Fill the spot Ardverson and now Bertuzzi have left. Right now, it's rumored the Canucks are looking at Ron Francis. This'd do... he's a leader in the dressing room, and besides Trevor Linden, I don't think anyone could sell the Canucks on a more responsible strategy. Certainly not Naslund, or Crawford. In any case... we don't need a goalie. We have two.

DarthHERA
Mar 9th, 2004, 01:23:03 PM
In any case... we don't need a goalie. We have two.

Auld and Hedberg

Ive always found Cloutier off and on. He does stoopid things, alot. Half the time, I wonder if he's even there. Like - should Sopel get the puck, or should he?? Letting 4 goals on 10 shots is deplorable.
And whats Crawford thinking? Wth did he start Cloutier when Hedberg had just had two shutouts??

The shot on Moore was bad, agreed. Moore was in Disneyland before he even hit the ice. He didnt see it coming and any shot coming from behind like that or when the guy is looking the other way is wrong, not to mention cheap. But gee, ask Nasland about that..

We knew last nights game was going to be volitile, but boy oh boy.

Gotta hand it to Brad May though - Worrell is like goliath. Pretty gutsy, tangling with him not once, but twice. Perhaps Moore should have dropped the gloves and faced Bertuzzi when the invitation was there, like a Canuck would have. He had to know Bert would be wanting to answer the Nasland episode. If you make those cheap shots, they are eventually gonna come back and bite you in the ass. It should not have gone down like it did, though, obviously.

No, it was a terrible game all round imo. Canucks are better than that, and when they play a team like the Avs, they gotta play it 150 percent.

I could have used a straight-jacket last night, Jen. I hate when noones around to talk hockey with!

:hug Daiq

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2004, 02:13:21 PM
Originally posted by DarthHERA
Auld and Hedberg

Ive always found Cloutier off and on. He does stoopid things, alot. Half the time, I wonder if he's even there. Like - should Sopel get the puck, or should he?? Letting 4 goals on 10 shots is deplorable.
And whats Crawford thinking? Wth did he start Cloutier when Hedberg had just had two shutouts??

Cloutier, as inconsistent as he may be, IS the number one goaltender. If he stops letting in stupid goals, like the one the Red Wings put in from center, he will be good. He is sharp and focused and good at adjusting from rebounds. If you look at that game, the goals WERE NOT HIS FAULT. Where was the defense? Collapsing.

The shot on Moore was bad, agreed. Moore was in Disneyland before he even hit the ice. He didnt see it coming and any shot coming from behind like that or when the guy is looking the other way is wrong, not to mention cheap. But gee, ask Nasland about that..

We knew last nights game was going to be volitile, but boy oh boy.

2 broken vertabrae. Criminal charges pending, Bertuzzi WILL be suspended for the remaining 13 regular season games.

No, it was a terrible game all round imo. Canucks are better than that, and when they play a team like the Avs, they gotta play it 150 percent.

Agreed. And May was stupid. That 10 minute penalty, what a dumb move. Fighting does not make you a good player.

Aside: What do you think of the deal for Rucinsky?

DarthHERA
Mar 9th, 2004, 02:56:04 PM
Cloutier, as inconsistent as he may be, IS the number one goaltender. If he stops letting in stupid goals, like the one the Red Wings put in from center, he will be good. He is sharp and focused and good at adjusting from rebounds. If you look at that game, the goals WERE NOT HIS FAULT. Where was the defense? Collapsing.

Allowing 4 goals in on 10 shots and none were his fault? Why have a goalie then - let the defence do the net-minding.

Yes, Im being a bit fasceticious, and the defence often does bonehead things, agreed, but to allow the Avs to score four out of the five goals in the first period is hard to defend.

As for Rucinsky? I dont really know - Im not familiar with him.

2 broken vertabrae. Criminal charges pending, Bertuzzi WILL be suspended for the remaining 13 regular season games

Its still not clear if there will be charges.

Agreed. And May was stupid. That 10 minute penalty, what a dumb move. Fighting does not make you a good player.

The 10 minute penalty was a misconduct for yapping at Aebischer - which imo was a bogus call. I rem seeing Aebischer gut punching May when he ran on the net. The boy can take care of himself from some mouthy defenceman.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:05:19 PM
I said pending. It's all preliminary so it ain't at all clear, but still... the guy has a broken neck. How can there not be an assault charge?

The 10 minute penalty was a misconduct for yapping at Aebischer - which imo was a bogus call

BS. He was being unsportsmanlike. So he got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. How could that be bogus?

Did Aebischer earn it? Sure. But retalitory penalties are still penalties. I mean, if he wanted to shove Aebischer and get 2 minutes, fine, but taking himself out of the game for 10 minutes to gloat? What a waste. He has a responsibility to his team not to be a dickhead. He was anyway, and he served 10 minutes for it.

As for Rucinsky? I dont really know - Im not familiar with him

Well he's no Ron Francis, but he was picked up[ for a 4th round pick and a prospect who the Canucks were sour on in any case... so he's basically a freebie who will be a second line winger with the Sedins.

Allowing 4 goals in on 10 shots and none were his fault? Why have a goalie then - let the defence do the net-minding

The defense is supposed to STOP the goaltender from facing ten shots a period. That's 30 shots a game, which while not a gigantic amount, is still high. And if you look, each of those goals were potted by an undefended player, and often, on a rebound. Not watching the game, I don't know if they were power play goals for the Avs... but if they were that's one more reason it's not Cloutiers fault. The Canucks do have a tendency to take boneheaded penalties.

DarthHERA
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:15:50 PM
The defense is supposed to STOP the goaltender from facing ten shots a period. That's 30 shots a game, which while not a gigantic amount, is still high.

Ive seen games where the goalie has no problem feilding 30 shots on net and letting few, or none, in.

Sorry - but I dont have the same love for Cloutier as you have.

BS. He was being unsportsmanlike. So he got an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. How could that be bogus?

Gimme a break. Guys jaw back and forth to each other all the time. That's ridiculous.

but taking himself out of the game for 10 minutes to gloat? What a waste.

You really think at that point in the game it mattered?
Dumb penalties what a player takes when when they are neck and neck in the score and it can go either way for a win. Being down 7-2 or whatever at that point, and the way the game was deteriorating, taking a penalty then is not such a big deal imo.

Tear
Mar 9th, 2004, 10:00:29 PM
WHAT!? Last nights game was awesome.

yeah ..maybe we lost..but man did they limp away from it:p

Cloutiers a good goalie simple. Hes just not very seasoned. So he can be nervous and shakin easily, which as you can tell from the play offs and big games tends to happen. Hes human like everyone else bantha poodoo happens.

Our Defense is good too. But..we have several of our top defense men on the injured list so we are lacking there. Sopel, if he gets the puck..great? he was, at some point this season, a leading goal scorer out of any defensemen.

Now for the Bertuzzi thing..Yes it was a dirty hit, any hit from behind is. Low players DO NOT hit the high end guys on teams, especially captains. Its just an unwritten rule. If you do then the opposite team hits your teams high players and those high players scream at the lower end guys to stop hitting the other teams high end guys. Thats how it was done..looks like its not being done so much anymore, so the other team has to take it into their hands.

Steve moore had a hard hit coming to him. Bertuzzi gave a tug..challenged to a fight, yapped at em and Moore probably yapped back and continued to ignore Bertuzzi. At which point Bertuzzi decided to make his point. It does look like the first hit had him out cold, (Bertuzzi was still hanging on to him) the real probably came when that other Av jumped on bertuzzi and started pounding on him. Then the canucks jumped on that av..

Even though Moore had it coming im damn sure Bertuzzi didnt mean for it to go as far as it did. No one wants what happened to Steve Moore to happen to anyone.

Brad May...was fantastic. Not only did he get 2 goals. But he got into a fight twice...with a bigger guy!! He was trying to spark his team up and it was working until the referee called him for it. (Baaaaad referring in this game) No biggy Brad May might have earned it but man did he spark his team up. The real problem...was the damned goalie shooting it over the glass..probably by accident but still wtf?

Assault charge? I doubt that...suspension yeah. Hockeys a tough sport and stuff like that happens. There was like what..4-5 fights that game? Doesnt mean they file assault charges on the other team:rolleyes. It was an accident anyone whos played the game of hockey knows that no one wants that to happen.

You guys see that hit on Wayland(I think thats his name that big 7 foot guy) by..starts with an S..wasnt sopel..cant remember anyway that was a sweet hit sent him flying and hes a huge guy too. He had to leave the ice:crack

And hears to Trevor Linden!!! Such a great accomplishment I remember when i was still a wee man and he was on the team. Plus hes a local boy! I even met him and the Courtnell(sp?) brothers before, hes sucha nice guy.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 10th, 2004, 03:39:56 AM
Originally posted by Tear
WHAT!? Last nights game was awesome.

You're on smack.

DarthHERA
Mar 11th, 2004, 12:43:02 AM
I thought the game was awful. Even without the Bertuzzi hit on Moore, it was a terrible game.

Poor Linden to have his record breaker in such a game :(

And, Im going to stop ragging on Cloutier but I could say so much to what you said Tear! :lol

Sith Ahnk
Mar 11th, 2004, 03:14:58 PM
Todd Bertuzzi suspended for 12 regular season games, as well as the entire playoffs.

This has the potential, should the Canucks play 7 games in each 4 series, to be the longest suspension in NHL history at 43 games.

As is his regular season salary forfeited amounts to 500 thousand dollars, and there is no guarantee he will be back next year as he has another disciplinary hearing scheduled for the 2004-2005 preseason.

Tear
Mar 11th, 2004, 05:17:15 PM
I dont think they will suspend him next season since the doctors say Moore will make a full recovery which is great news.