PDA

View Full Version : The Quinso Hampsters are back..

Jared Mriad
Mar 5th, 2004, 08:03:08 PM
http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

This time, they've got the moon on the groove.

Darth007
Mar 5th, 2004, 08:07:59 PM
:rolleyes

those are the original, and the Quizno's song is created by the same guy

James Prent
Mar 5th, 2004, 08:10:55 PM
I think they might have originally been chinchillas...they look like a bit like them....

Darth Viscera
Mar 5th, 2004, 08:44:14 PM
oh, thank god. because, uh, there's a real deficit of bizarre, spastic, unholy abominations in our culture.

Aegis Du' Caat
Mar 5th, 2004, 09:03:06 PM
Quizno commercial's make my stomach curl as I realize that I paid over 50, 000 to get a degree in advertisin

and this Jack-<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> does stupid crap and gets paid what I paid to go to school

Ishan Shade
Mar 6th, 2004, 12:59:22 AM
does kinda suck doesn't it?

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:08:34 AM
They're spongmonkeys.

Not rats, not chinchillas, not hanmsters or gerbils. Spongmonkeys.

Same fellow has also done bits of Bon Jovi, Guns 'n' Roses, and Snoop Dogg for MTV shorts as kittens.

Hart
Mar 6th, 2004, 02:29:51 AM
I really dislike those commercials. It's soooo bad, and ensures that I will never eat there.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 6th, 2004, 12:17:25 PM
^ What he said

Ace McCloud
Mar 6th, 2004, 12:35:56 PM
But you remember the place. So when you think, "Gah where should we go to eat?" Quiznos is one of the ones to pop in there first. Though I do agree, it disuades me to eat there.

Darth Viscera
Mar 6th, 2004, 12:42:06 PM
The funny thing is, there are NO Quiznos restaurants around here, but TONS of Quiznos commercials. It's the same thing with that Sonic place. I mean, WTF?

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:04:49 PM
Do Sonic restaurants even exist? I have never seen one either, but their ads are on all the time, and their food looks tasty.

I still eat at Quiznos because they have good sandwiches. And I love the ads, myself, and find them hilarious. Horribly ill-fitting, but hilarious.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:10:37 PM
Sonic restaurants exist in the midwest. And their food is tasty.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:11:28 PM
Quiznos is pretty good though.

Charley
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:16:54 PM
There are no Quiznos here. However, there ARE Sonics here, and I have to agree that their food is the Chef's super gormet of fast food. <3 much love for Sonic & their bacon cheeseburgers

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:20:20 PM
Quizno's is delicious as well. I cannot live without their toasted subs. Honestly, they're the best.

Charley
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:26:21 PM
Subway and Blimpie have never done me wrong, so I'm not distressed over lack of Quiznos.

Charley
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:43:01 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Quizno's is delicious as well. I cannot live without their toasted subs. Honestly, they're the best.

Do you eat there often?

Darth Viscera
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:53:00 PM
I can do without the Blimpie's. The french bread on that thing was so thick that I couldn't taste what was in the middle.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2004, 01:58:06 PM
Originally posted by Charley
Do you eat there often?

yes.

Charley
Mar 6th, 2004, 02:34:39 PM
That can't be good for your pocketbook.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2004, 04:04:18 PM
Thanks Dad I'll keep that in mind. :)

Charley
Mar 6th, 2004, 04:28:15 PM
thats right

James Prent
Mar 6th, 2004, 04:52:38 PM
:mneh Ok, so I don't eat there *all* the time, but I would if I could.

Charley
Mar 6th, 2004, 04:58:56 PM
Just lookin out for you, is all. I know you have a hard time making ends meet at times, and I know Quizno's can be a bit expensive.

My brain works in permanent dollars & cents mode, and I'm a miser. I just get a facial tick when I see people having money problems, and want to help.

James Prent
Mar 6th, 2004, 05:13:13 PM
:lol

To be totally honest, I eat there maybe once every two months, but I love it and I *wish* I could eat there all the time.

Ishan Shade
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:27:31 PM
Subway and Blimpie have never done me wrong, so I'm not distressed over lack of Quiznos.

Oooohhhh Subway has done me wrong before. Very, very wrong. >_<

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:43:20 PM
Quizno's is over-priced for what you get and the taste of it. Ive been once and I wont go back.

Figrin D'an
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:54:12 PM
Sonic is okay. But there are better, IMO.

Quiznos... they're decent. I might like them a bit more if not for the commercials. I think I still prefer Cousin's and Jimmy John's, however.

Charley
Mar 7th, 2004, 01:15:52 AM
I actually prefer Hardees over Sonic. Hardees makes the best burgers you'll find outside of a sit-down restaurant.

As far as subs go, there's a place here called Firehouse Subs, and its better than Subway, Blimpie, etc. Its all subjective.

Figrin D'an
Mar 7th, 2004, 06:54:07 PM
I actually prefer Hardees over Sonic. Hardees makes the best burgers you'll find outside of a sit-down restaurant.

I'll take Culvers or George Webb over either anyday, but my guess is very few people have heard of either of those.

Droo
Mar 7th, 2004, 07:49:34 PM
Even if there were Quinzos over here; which there aren't and as such, consequently and thankfully, there are none of those adverts; I wouldn't go and eat from there based on general principle that they unleash such abominations onto civilised society. That thing irritated me beyond all belief - Mitch, I will shoot you.

Edit: Perhaps I've lost the plot or maybe I'm on target here but is the above some sort of spoof or is that thing an actual advertisment?

Dae Jinn
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:01:01 PM
We have a Quiznos where I used to live -- I haven't ever eaten there, so I can't say if they're good or bad. Subway here = crap. It's too expensive and the people who work there are usually morons. Mr Sub = teh best.

*hasn't heard of half the restaraunts Charley mentioned ^_^;*

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:14:50 PM
exactly how many fastfood chains do you have in America? lol, I've counted a big list thus far in this convo.

We have subway and I love it. It has destinct smell too, so you know if it's near you. it's healthier than MacDonalds and a lot cheaper than quite a few of the health shops around, even is Subway isnt 'healthy'. If your strapped for cash it's an OK deal.

Darth Vader
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:18:38 PM
How exactly is Subway not healthy?

Figrin D'an
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:30:24 PM
Originally posted by Azhure Darkstone
exactly how many fastfood chains do you have in America?

Too many. We're such an unhealthy society.

The positive side is that there is quite a bit of variety, even within a given food type (burgers, subs, pizza, etc).

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:42:30 PM
Darth Vader - well there still is the pre-package meat with which they just heat up if you really want to get technical ;)
And also you can't tell me that they cut some corners too, every fast food place does otherwise it wouldnt be fast. The only truly healthy food is home cooked or friend's home cooked. I refuse to believe a fast food store is truely healthy. It's impossible.

Australia is pretty bad too, but thats cause we have so many MacDonalds, KFC, Red Rooster, Hungry Jacks and Burger King's around that it's not funny. I actually perfer Burger King from Hungry Jacks, yes there is a difference. More burgers.

Darth Vader
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:48:18 PM
Subway's stuff is extremely fresh, low in fat for the most part, and extremely well balanced. If you've got a beef against cold cuts and such, then you probably need to pack it up and move it to a farm.

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 7th, 2004, 09:35:46 PM
The ad's are what one would call a product of the school of hard sell. Extremely annoying and due to that virtue extremely effective.

(is Aegis btw)

It's along the same school of thought as the tremendously successful and tremendously abhorred Anacin Headache powder ads. It just sticks in your head and that is what advertising is designed for, not to sell you the product but to make sure that everytime you think of that type of product you remember the brand that the person advertised.

I still hate the ad though.

Azhure Darkstone
Mar 7th, 2004, 09:59:54 PM
you mean to tell me they keep it completely healthy with no shortcuts and still earn the name fast food? How?

Darth007
Mar 7th, 2004, 10:08:14 PM
Because the bread is baked in the oven right in front of you and all the meats and vegetables are cold and fresh, nothing is fried in oil therefore the food isnt covered in grease and fat like your usual fastfood chains.

I think you're thinking of sanitary when you say healthy, which is different and varies from place to place and of course nothing is 100% sanitary.

Abbyka Laine
Mar 8th, 2004, 11:31:21 AM
Ugh I really hate those things. They're creepy.. like the things that hide under your bed and try to bite your ankles when you try to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Crystal
Mar 8th, 2004, 02:56:21 PM
I've seen this thing before but I have no idea what the Quinso Hampsters are. I've never seen a Quinso comercial.

Ace McCloud
Mar 8th, 2004, 05:22:18 PM
Greatest Fast Food in my opinion:
1. Sonic - Chicken Club Toaster...mmmm
2. Krystals/White Castle - I said goddamn!
3. Jersey Mikes - Its like Subway, but the bread and the meat is fresh, making it so much better.
4. Chick-fil-a! Chickfila samwhich + 6 Chicken strips + honey mustard.
5. Subway - Pizza Sub = Orgasmic

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 8th, 2004, 05:25:48 PM
chick-fil-a = teh best.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:29:45 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
The funny thing is, there are NO Quiznos restaurants around here, but TONS of Quiznos commercials. It's the same thing with that Sonic place. I mean, WTF?

I get that quite a bit. Sonic is big in Washington, but there are none across the border.

Commercials I get for resteraunts of which we have none:

Taco Bell
Changs Mogolian Grill
Aforementioned Sonic

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Mar 9th, 2004, 12:07:27 AM
Sonic ads may be big in Washington, but their restaurants are nowhere to be found, at least west of the mountains. I live halfway between Seattle and Tacoma, and I have never once seen one, nor met anyone who has seen one in the state.

Sith Ahnk
Mar 9th, 2004, 09:46:55 AM
Originally posted by J'ktal Anajii
Sonic ads may be big in Washington, but their restaurants are nowhere to be found, at least west of the mountains. I live halfway between Seattle and Tacoma, and I have never once seen one, nor met anyone who has seen one in the state.

I'm starting to wonder if Sonic really exists at all...

Mitch
Mar 10th, 2004, 04:29:05 AM
In-N-Out Burger and Dick's Drive-In have the best burgers.

Though all of you outside the Seattle area can't experience the glory that is Dick's Drive-In. They also have the best milkshakes in the known world, and I think that's an actual fact.

Gooood stuff.

Ryla Relvinian
Mar 10th, 2004, 12:16:42 PM
Mmmm Quiznos has the tastiest food, even better than Subway, I'd think. It's all toasty and warm and... oo I'm hungry now. :(

Never been to Sonic, In-N-Out or said Drive-in (Though we do have a little chain down here called Mike's Drive in.. friggin good stuff.)

Changs Mogolian Grill... oh yum, those are good. You get to pick out your own stir-fry ingredients, noodles or whatnot, and spices/sauces, and then they cook it for you. Really tasty stuff.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 10th, 2004, 12:38:23 PM
Sonic is good, although I've only eaten there once or twice. Carl's Jr./Hardees is excellent, have to agree with Charley. Changs Mongolian Grill is like a party for your mouth. Yum! Quiznos - already stated I love 'em. In-N-Out is probably the best, I love their burgers, fries and milkshakes. :)