View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

AmazonBabe
Mar 4th, 2004, 04:41:28 PM
First Full Throttle 2 and now this...

http://lucasarts.com/press/releases/85.html

Fine, keep getting our hopes up and then smashing them :grumble

Travis North
Mar 4th, 2004, 08:18:42 PM
What's Sam and Max? I've heard of it before, but I forget what it is?

Travis North
Mar 4th, 2004, 08:19:59 PM
I remember it now. It's a cartoon detective who's a dog and his partner is an odd rabit, right?

Charley
Mar 4th, 2004, 08:37:10 PM
Well I mean they've gotta keep making crappy SW games first.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 4th, 2004, 10:24:15 PM
But... but KoTOR was GOOOD.

Figrin D'an
Mar 4th, 2004, 10:32:23 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
But... but KoTOR was GOOOD.

Yeah, that's true.

Thanks, Luca... I mean, Bioware. ;)

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Mar 4th, 2004, 10:59:24 PM
I heard that one was canned back at the same time as Full Throttle 2.

I just hope they don't make another Monkey Island game unless it can be as good as number three. Four was horrible.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:34:32 AM
When was the last adventure game to do well on the PC? Because from how it sounds, they'd rather not go and pump out titles that wont sell.

AmazonBabe
Mar 5th, 2004, 03:27:22 PM
Sorry, Fett, but LucasArts was the one that had great adventure games, and if they let it die within their own walls, then the genre will die.

Here's another article on this whole thing that pretty much sums up my feelings on this: http://www.panic.com/mirror/mixnmojo/

My faith in LucasArts is dwindling, and dwindling fast. I've stuck by them this long... but I think that's about to change.

And while the SW games licensed under them are good, sorry, they didn't actually make them.

I remember long ago I would have killed to work for a company like LucasArts. How ironic that now I couldn't care less and am instead applying for a job at Blizzard (helloooooo WarCraft!).

EDIT: on a side note... looks like there is talk that a Monkey Island 5 and Day of the Tenticle 2 might be in production. You'll excuse me if I don't hold my breath.

(No, I'm not bitter. What on earth would make you think that? :rolleyes)

Morgan Evanar
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:03:15 PM
Yep, Sierra and Blizzard, the forefront of adventure games, sat on their hands while the genre died.

Tear
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:27:03 PM
The genre isnt dead just in hibernation :p

AmazonBabe
Mar 5th, 2004, 08:09:18 PM
Hibernation. Yes, I will continue to be delusional... cause I happen to like adventure games. :(

Man, now I have an urge to play Sam & Max.

Tear
Mar 5th, 2004, 09:57:03 PM
Well when i graduate and go into the game industry ill pressure all my game designer friends just for you to bring back the genre :)

Of course then youll owe me your soul..>D

er i mean...

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Mar 6th, 2004, 02:57:49 AM
I miss Space Quest, King's Quest, and Full Throttle. Good adventure games have great replay value, as long as they're well made.

Sierra was just really stupid and decided to make office software thaqt sucked, and then cleared out their game development staff when they needed to cut excess spending. I know, a friend of mine used to work for them.

LucasArts needs to look at their projects, then look at their fanbase. They were kings of the PC game for years, and now I relaly debate whether I even want to buy, let alone play, another product from them. They lost the fun, and the edge they had.

Bring back Sam and Max, Grim Fandango, and Full Throttle, but do it to such a level that it smokes what's on similar TV cartoons right now. People will buy it, and the genre will come back if we get four or five excellent adventure titles on the market again.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 6th, 2004, 03:00:36 AM
Grim Fandango was so amazing and so under-rated :(

Severen Morkonis
Mar 6th, 2004, 06:24:21 AM
Grim' was a bloody good game i must admit.

Garrett Blade
Mar 7th, 2004, 10:44:42 AM
The characters in Grim Fandango were brilliant! AFter Manny, my favourite was probably Salvador Limones. Viva la Revolucion! :)