PDA

View Full Version : Going Through the Motions [Complete]

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 3rd, 2004, 02:26:06 PM
Miranda hand wiped away the condensation from the bathroom mirror and sighed at her own tired reflection. It had to be at least a day since she last slept, and ever before that, true sleep eluded the woman. The struggle in finding her identity had not been going well. Marcus had offered her a place within his little home, but still Miranda had yet to be sure if that was such a good idea. So far it seemed that her heart wanted to walk the lonely path until some hint of closure had been attained. Months had passed, but being human again was so ever new to the red head still.

"Damnit." The sink still showed traces of blood that had been washed from her hands. A small group of thugs actually put up quite the fight tonight and didn't understand the meaning of the words 'stay down'. Miranda had to continously reinforce that she wasn't joking, and almost beat one of the thugs to death. Mentally she berated herself. It should never have gotten that far. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep that caused her to be numb as her fist pounded against his face; splitting his skin and watching the blood poor down his face....

"Damnit..." This time it was said in a whisper. She felt so lost and weak. The blood was gone from her hands and now the sink, but Miranda could still see the stains haunting her. Not just from last night, but from previous nights as well.

Disgusted with looking at herself, she finally left the bathroom and returned to her table. She was surprised to see that the droid had already set down the soup and ale she ordered. She slid into her chair, unfolding the napkin and placing it on her lap before starting on her meal. She was famished, more famished then tired and it was probably the only reason she didn't pass out right now.

Jason Dreggs
Mar 3rd, 2004, 03:10:15 PM
Playing games with the hunter was dangerous but here Jason was back on the planet he had run from the hunter on. It was odd neither the hunter nor his father seemed to be anywhere around, that was a good thing. Jason walked through the city streets the night air was cool but Jason didn't mind. He could smell the blood everywhere but he held back his temptations to bite. Maybe a drink of mortals would satisfy him for now; he really didn't want a hunter on his tail.

A bar came into view, a Jedi bar to be exact. Jason never really had a run in with Jedi before even though his uncle was supposedly among their ranks. The Jedi were a lot like Vampires in Jason opinion they drank off of the force instead of blood. They also had higher archery then the over populated numbers of padawans or ghouls if you where vampire. The worlds where full of cattle and only a few rose above the herds.

Jason approached the door he had an odd feeling in his mind. He felt an attachment to something inside although it was faint. He hadn't felt the attachment in months it had almost faded away but it was here. Maybe she was here, Jason shook his head.

"No my mind is just playing tricks with me again."

Jason pushed the door to the bar and walked into a crowded area. Jedi where everywhere mixing with common folk. The bar was quite impressive; Jason wondered why he had never come here in his drifter days.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 3rd, 2004, 03:27:17 PM
Her spoon clang on the side of the empty soup bowl and a droid swooped by to pick up the dirty dishes. The scene was so silly even Miranda had to chuckle at how amazingly proficient the help was.

She dabbed at the sides of her mouth with a napkin, waiting for her entree to arrive when something oddly disturbed her. A presence felt in her mind since her tenure on Roon.

Green eyes scanned around the room, searching for the source of the presence that was only getting more prominantely stronger. He wasn't here. Her brows furrowed in confusion because she knew he was here! Maybe he was outside?

Miranda rose from her chair and that was when a small crowd parted just long enough for their eyes to meet. She was stunned speechless.

Jason was still alive and her heart skipped a beat...

Jason Dreggs
Mar 5th, 2004, 01:11:47 AM
The moment seemed to last forever yet it was only for a second. He had seen her, his eyes couldn't be playing tricks on him again he wasn't starving himself like the last. Then the crowd was Back and he could see her no more.

Jason ran through the crowd shoving Jedi and common people out of his way. Until he final pushed through and stood right in front of the emerald eye fire haired woman that he hoped was actually Miranda. He could feel her now almost as well as he could when she first turned him. The thing was she smelled of mortal blood. This couldn't be Miranda he thought.

"I...."

Jason was at loss for words he wasn't for sure if it was her or not. The woman seemed to recognize him though. He wasn't exactly sure how to start the conversation what if his heart was wrong and this wasn't Miranda.

"Is that really you Miranda?"

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 5th, 2004, 12:45:28 PM
"By the gods Jason..." She was in a complete state of shock and also found herself to be scared. Miranda had only one other encounter with the Shrine since becoming human, and she was lucky to avoid any direct confrontation.

But that wasn't why she was scared. Jason was her fledgling; the last human she would ever turn again. Such a change required a great deal of attention and teaching towards a new found Vampyre. A role that Miranda vanished from after the incident with Morgan. She was caught off-guard, happy to see Jason, remembering how they were growing closer. Yet there was the fear of what Jason would do to her. Miranda had no idea what his state of mind was anymore. Her Force abilities were untrained now and reading a Vampyre's mind was not possible. The expressions on his face was the only indication of what he could be thinking. From what she could gather, Jason was unsure and hopeful, not believing his eyes.

So she answered his question and looked down at the floor in shame, "Yes, Jason. It's me."

Jason Dreggs
Mar 8th, 2004, 03:28:39 PM
"They said they thought you where dead?"

He was speaking of the cabal as if she knew them but he knew she didn't. He stared at her still almost speechless not knowing if she was really there or if he was still talking to himself. He had hallucinated about her before but that was due to not drinking blood for several months.

He could see she was scared. She was scared of him but why? These thoughts traveled through his mind making him wonder if he had done something to scare her so. Maybe she had thought him to have died too just like he had thought she had done. Jason walked towards and embraced her in a hug.

"I have a lot of question that I need answered Miranda."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 8th, 2004, 03:37:43 PM
She stared at him blankley, wondering who 'they' were. Did he mean the Shrine? Fear started to grow once more but with what limited skill she had, Jason most certainly did not mean the Shrine. It was still a mystery to the red head as to whom he was referring to.

Jason could see that Miranda was frightened and moved towards her. She didn't step back. The only thing that Jason wanted from her was to feel her once more, knowing that she was real. And so she let him, falling into his arms and holding him tightly. It didn't matter how cold his skin was against hers, Miranda was happy to see Jason, yet her sadness was overtaking her.

It took all the strength she had to answer him without choking on her words. "Of course," she said, holding him still. "Anything for you."

Jason Dreggs
Mar 8th, 2004, 04:11:24 PM
Jason could feel both her sadness and the fact that she was still scared. He didn't want let go of her as he felt the warmth of her body against his cold body. He could feel her heart beat and smell the mortal blood with in her but he didn't move to bite. No he had more constraint then that and some stuff needed to be answered. Still embracing her he began his first line of questioning.

"Why did you leave me? Why can't I feel you anymore like most vampires can feel their masters? Also why do you feel warm against me?"

It was a small flood of questions that would only lead into more but Jason had all the time in the universe to here the answers. Some of his sadness had been lift the moment he felt she was real. The cabal would never believe this he had found his master but in a mortal body.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 8th, 2004, 11:01:05 PM
They found comfort in each other's arms and Miranda inhaled deeply, for once wishing she had her Vampyric sense to truly take in Jason's scent. Now he smelled like nothing and it caused her to sigh, which grew longer as Jason started his line of questioning.

Reluctantly, Miranda withdrew from his arms and sat down at her table. His questions made her so terribly tired and she put an arm up on the table to steady her weary head, finding the courage to speak. "I didn't mean to leave you. It wasn't by choice."

She removed her hand from her head and slammed a fist against the table, rattling the dishes. "Nothing that happened to me was by my choice!" Her outburst had drawn some stares over there way, but Miranda didn't care. She was upset and confused, frustrated for the lack of control that was gone in her life.

Jason Dreggs
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:49:27 PM
Jason saw the frustration so he moved behind her and put his hand on her shoulder and began to rub lightly. He was attempting to comfort her, he new he wasn't good at such things. His life didn't go exactly as planned either but he tried anyway.

"Its alright Miranda, I'm just curious is all to what happened to you. After you left I went into a down word spiral myself."

Jason choked back the lump that was growing in his throat. He was usually good at controlling his emotions but as of late allot of stuff happened to change that.

"I was lost with out you. You began to fade from me, so I made a deal with a devil. As a consequence I was forced from the shrine and forced to find a new home. I found a place called the cabal a rag tag clan of vampires."

Jason choked back another lump back. He was afraid that Miranda would hate him for forsaking the home she had brought him into.

"A vampire female named Raz told me she could not feel you and she thought you where dead. I refused to believe her. I'm sorry I frustrate you I have waited for this day ever sense you began to fade from me."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 17th, 2004, 01:39:56 PM
Her eyes closed as she leaned back, feeling some of the tension begin to leave her shoulders. Jason's take was not surprising. Miranda only wished that circumstances pulled her away from him. Things could have been so different between them. Now that difference was staggering.

Miranda reached up a hand, stopping Jason's when she squeezed it gently, "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself for what happened. For letting it happen!" She fell forward, away from his arms, grabbing at her hair in frustration. "You can't feel me anymore because I'm not like you! It was taken from me!" Miranda continued to mumble on about a Jedi named Morgan and something about his blood. It was so confusing and spoken so quickly that Jason had a hard time keeping up with her words.

Jason Dreggs
Mar 19th, 2004, 12:51:20 AM
Jason heard here mumble something about a Jedi doing this to her. He thoughts turned to a rage. He wasn't normally one to jump into fighting so quickly but this was Miranda for her he would die again. He wanted to know who this Jedi was and rip ever limb from his body for what he had done.

"Who was this Jedi, I'll rip him apart for what he has done!"

Jason spoke in a cruel tone as he moved to sit beside Miranda. His thoughts where on this Jedi and also how he could fix this current situation. He could smell her mortal blood but his heart stopped him from biting into her beautiful neckline. Then thought struck him he could turn her once again but he said nothing.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:15:03 AM
It was almost sweet how he reacted, his devotion to her still as strong as ever, though she was mortal now. Miranda actually found a calm to this and actually smiled. "No, Jason. It wasn't anything like that." She placed a hand over his and leaned over to whisper, "And keep your tone down. Suchs words travel fast in a place like this. Last thing we need is the Jedi coming here for you..."

She squeezed his hand and ran a few fingers through his hair to help steady his rage. It was still so strange seeing each other like this. Master and student had become hunter and prey. What was most interesting was how he forced himself to not try and feed from her. Human as she was, Miranda could still see the signs of hunger reflected back towards her. "You need to feed," she finally said after a moment of silence, almost acting like the mentor he remembered. Her worries had turned towards the fledging. Her Jason. There was no connection between them, but he was still her responbility. "I just ask that you take care of what needs to be done deep within the bowels of this city. I don't want any military or Jedi knowing you're here."

Jason Dreggs
Mar 20th, 2004, 02:59:46 PM
Jason gritted his teeth as he held back his temper for what this Jedi had done. Miranda was right he couldn't take on the whole Jedi order himself. If only he knew who this one Jedi was he would stop nothing short of killing him. Jason calmed tone down as he listened to Miranda intently.

"Yes I need to feed but I can control it for now. I will feed later all I want to do is be with you."

He looked around the bar to she who was staring at there table. There where few people who quickly turned there gaze away as soon as Jason laid eyes on them. His gaze end on the emerald eyes of Miranda. He spoke before thinking about what he was saying.

"I want you to be with me. I want you to come with me."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 21st, 2004, 05:36:26 PM
He was listening to her, but Miranda could see the vengeance in his eyes. She silently hoped that Jason never found out. It was not Morgan's fault for what had happened and never once did she blame him. Miranda was a victim of circumstance, something she was used to being alive or dead.

Her smiled never faded from her lips as the red head continued to gaze upon her fledgling's face. He was still very young, but the blood within her veins was potent and ancient. His whitened skin showed centuries of age, but the fierceness still remained in his eyes. The years have yet to turn them cold and bitter. She chuckled somewhat at his optimism, "What do you mean come with you?" Miranda lovingly cupped his cheek, "That's impossible now. You know that."

Jason Dreggs
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:13:38 AM
Why did such a thing have to be impossible. Jason knew he could protect Miranda from any of the vampires of the cabal. None of them would touch her or even attempt to feed on her or they would feel his wrath. He was still young but he knew in his mind he could hold his own even against Salem and Raz.

"Why is it so Impossible?"

He knew what she was saying but refused to let himself believe it. He loved her he didn't want to let her go. He would make the Impossible possible just to be with her.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 23rd, 2004, 02:44:40 PM
"It's impossible because," she sighed longingly, "you're a Vampyre now, and I am not. The situation is so simple and difficult at the same time Jason. I'm sorry that it turned out this way." A lump in her throat began to form as the tears wanted to come again. "I wish I never turned you."

Jason Dreggs
Mar 24th, 2004, 12:59:54 PM
"Don't say that, it was my choice."

He could see her holding back her tears and Jason tried to hold back his own. He didn't like this situation yet he knew there where to ways it could be fixed. Neither option he liked very well and one he himself could end up dead.

"There is a few other options Miranda but I don't know if you want here them."

Jason gulped back his own lump as he knew he would peek her curiosity. He really wasn't sure if he wanted to give the options to Miranda. He was afraid that in the end she would choose neither and then she would be lost once more.

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 24th, 2004, 10:07:46 PM
Miranda had to laugh, finding what Jason said so simply silly. She thought perhaps her abrupt laughter might have hurt him so she explained herself gently. "Jason," and then she added as an afterthought, "dearest, Jason. I am Force Sensitive. The only choice I have now is to follow where the Force leads me. That doesn't necessarily mean a Jedi, but," she sighed, "I just don't know. At least not now or the near future."

Jason Dreggs
Mar 30th, 2004, 12:10:54 PM
Jason wanted to slam his fist down on the table in frustration but he held back he knew of two ways that they could be together. One involved finding the guy that made her mortal and Jason drinking his blood as well. The other involved taking her back to the cabal and turning her into what she once was.

Jason then reached up his hand and put his index finger over Miranda's mouth to hush her for a moment. He had one thing to say and he wasn't for sure if he could bring himself to say it. He loved her so much that he would respect which ever choice she made even if it meant never seeing her face again.

"Miranda I love you, I want to be with you for the eternity that I will live. I will make you an offer and what if you choose not to take e it I can will learn to live with out you although it will be a hard road for me."

Jason again gulped back another lump in his throat and looked at Miranda's face. Her emerald eyes, red hair and beautiful warm lips. He would have to kiss them before he lost them forever he thought.

"I can make you what I am and what you once where. Although just like you said to me when you turned this choice is yours alone I can not and will not make it for you. I love and I respect what ever choice you make Miranda weather choice is not to be with me or to be."

Miranda Dunleavy
Mar 30th, 2004, 03:39:25 PM
She responded quickly, almost in fear. "No!" Miranda rose to her feat in a state of shock, the nearest patrons turned to look around to find the source of the commotion. The red head could feel their prying eyes and moved swiftly around the crowd and exited the bar. She had no idea what direction she choose since Jason's offer was still lingering in her mind.

His offer of becoming immortal again made her feel ill. It brought back the memories of her first turning by Critchon. She was just a small time thief, barely living off of the streets back on Corellia, until a Master Vampyre captured her upon realizing her potential. For days she was tortured within an inch of her life, only to be partially healed by the potent blood of the Vampyre's. It made Miranda progressively stronger, molding her into the perfect mortal to turn and accept the transformation. It also forced her to become bound to her Master, left will no will of her own. That was the last thing she wanted! Her feelings for Jason were strong, but she would not go through that again with anyone!

Jason Dreggs
Apr 16th, 2004, 08:29:39 PM
It all happened so quickly first the word NO rang loud in Jason head. Then she went storming out of the bar leaving Jason alone at the table. He couldn't believe what had just happed one question left him where he didn't want to be anymore. His mind told him to let it be, this was the end. His heart how ever tugged at him to run after her and at least comfort her and tell her he respected her choice.

He couldn't sit there any longer he got up and ran out the door after the one he loved. He saw her running into an ally way as he turned the corner he noticed she had stopped and seemed to be deep in thought. He came up behind her quietly and put his hands on her shoulder. He didn't speak for a moment choosing his words carefully and feeling the warmth of her body through his hands.

"You don't have to become what I am again. I only asked because I love you and I want to be with you. I chose this path because that one night I saw you in that bar all I knew was I had to be with you no matter what. Most would say I'm a fool because I believed it was love at first sight."

Jason came closer to Miranda and came around to face her. He had a serious look on his face with a hint of sadness. This could be the last time he got the chance to look into her eyes and touch her cheek. His left hand reached up and touched her cheek he brushed his thumb back and forth for a moment.

"What ever your reason for not wanting to be with me I can respect that Miranda. Maybe I was wrong when I fell in love you thinking you thought the same. Maybe I was right maybe your reasons have nothing to do with me at all."

Jason put his forehead next to hers he wanted to kiss her one last time but he held back. He gulped back another lump in throat and tears trickled down his face. It was hard for him to let go he wished he could change her mind.

"I love you. I became what I am for you and I would do it again if you asked me too. I don't want to lose you and thought this would be a way to keep you with me forever. I wish I knew why you said no so quickly so I could understand maybe it would make this easier for me."

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 17th, 2004, 09:22:04 PM
Jason felt her body tense at his touch and heard a sigh of defeat. Miranda felt foolish for running away, knowing that the Vampyre would chase after her. There was no running away from him. From Jason. She was as lost as he was since turning human. They were like two magnets, powerful and strong, always pulling towards one another no matter how much distance was put inbetween them.

His touch sent a shiver down her spine, forcing a gasp out from between her lips. She listened quietly as he explained himself until the red head mustered up enough courage to open her eyes. As calm as he was, the pain was so terrible in his eyes as well as his love. Every word was truth and Miranda couldn't help but feel guilty for putting Jason through all of this. Why wouldn't he just do the smart thing and kill her! Be rid of her for good! It would be so easy to drink from her, letting the blood flow from her punctured vein into his mouth to wash away all the pain and misery she had caused. Then there would be no more doubt. She would be dead and a memory. No what if's, but the tears rolling down his cheeks meant no such release would be in store for Miranda this night.

"Jason," Her voice had cracked. Her throat had gone so dry and speaking of what had happened to her would not help either. "My turning was horrific. I was abused, tortured, forced into a helpless whelp before my Mas..." She growled at her slip of the tongue. Critchon was not her Master any longer! "Before I was turned. I had all the power being the Fledging of the Father, but I was his good little slave. Broken and belittled into believing I was helpless. I was controlled by him because he turned me and I won't let that happen again!" She was on the verge of hysteria and out of defense, Miranda pounded against Jason's chest. It would have hurt a normal man, "I don't care if it's you that turns me! I won't let you control me! Her body was shaking with sobs and the weight of the situation caused Miranda to slide down to the ground in a heap. She choked on her words with such fear.. "I don't care if I love you! I won't be a slave again."

Jason Dreggs
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:18:18 AM
Jason dropped to the ground right next to her his arm going around her to comfort her. What she had told him but his mind into a different train of thought. He would never try to control this woman, in fact he offered to turn in hopes it would set her free and in turn she would want to be with him for that.

There was a long silence with Miranda crying and Jason with his arm around her lost in thought on what he had been told. Maybe it was best to try and let go, to move onto the next step in life. Jason was unable to make that step Miranda and his love for her held him back. He needed to say something but he was lost in confusion nothing said could make enough sense. He tried to clear his head but the story and the images it provided just fogged him some more. He knew he would never be like that towards Miranda but he felt he had no way of convincing he of that.

"I would never do what your former master did, I'm not like that. I only offered because I love you and I want to be with you. I gave you the choice as you gave me. I guess you made yours; I realized it’s not me that made your choice what it was. I guess I'll have to live with both the choice I made and the one you made.

I wish there was a way I could convince you that I love you so much that I wouldn't do a thing to harm you. That I wouldn't do a thing to break you or control you. All I ever wanted was to be with you."

He was thinking to himself or so he thought, he thoughts came out loud so Miranda could here them. Jason was Oblivious to the fact that he was doing this.

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:42:17 AM
She was tired from crying, from screaming, from just being plain scared of the situation that presented itself. Miranda finally had grown quiet, resting her forehead upon Jason's shoulder, wondering what was going on inside that head of his, wondering what she herself was going to do. The silence was comforting in a way. There were no expectations or demands for immediate answers. Just an understanding silence that passed between them as a million thoughts ran through their minds.

Finally, Jason was the first to speak. He was sad, his voice echoed defeat but he truly did understand why she was so scared. Jason also continued to ramble on, not realizing he was talking outloud. His frustration at his own words and how he turned away made her realize this. Yet, that wasn't what she was really focusing on. It was Jason's use of the word choice. Her choice. His choice. Everything starting spinning around that one little word, trying to understand its meaning. Jason offered a choice and would live with her decision if she said no. He wouldn't force anything upon her. Was that true tho? If he held truly held malicious intentions towards her, would he had not attacked her already and drained her; then forced her to drink from his own blood?

It was a perplexing thought and it confused her more. Possibilities were opening up. It would be almost like resetting all of the atrocities done to her the first time around and starting over fresh. She was lost and alone in this mortal world, satisfied with her punishment for the crimes she committed. It was a welcomed alternative then becoming a slave again. Then there was Jason and his possible truth.

She felt her body shiver and her chest clench up as emotion overcame her. Miranda acted out of impulse and need, wishing that Jason wasn't tricking her. The red head quickly searched for his lips and passionately kissed him as she pulled him into a fierce embrace. The kiss lasted until Miranda ran out of breath and was forced to pull away. Her emerald eyes were still uncertain, but Jason saw the first signs of hope that perhaps she would say yes. "A choice? I ... really have a choice?"

Jason Dreggs
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:59:19 AM
Jason was slightly shocked by the warm kiss from Miranda. He hadn't expected it but it had come. He was more confused then anything but still he felt this conversation was nearing its end.

"Yes of course you have a choice. You gave me a choice when I first met you, I had the choice to leave rune forever but I choose to stay and be you. I give you the choice I can leave and never return or you can come with me.

Also offer you this Miranda. You did not try to control me when you turned me I offer the same. I'll give you anything you desire as sign that I will keep my word. I have no desire for a slave all I want is you with me or around me until my long life perishes"

Jason had no hope in his heart of convincing her so all he did was speak from his heart. He didn't expect to change her mind only to let her know he want her to be with him. He didn't know how long he could live himself with knowing Miranda was out there but was apart of the cattle he had to feed from.

"I have never been one who was great with words or telling people how I feel. I want to be with you but I would never resort to controlling you to get that. It would ruin the beautiful red head I know and love."

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 27th, 2004, 02:26:42 PM
Her eyes stayed intently locked on Jason's, searching each word for a hidden meaning. Miranda even began to reach out with what little ability in the Force she managed to muster, to feel for duplicity.

There was none. No trace of it anywhere in his voice or mind. Part of her was hoping that a falsehood could be detected. It would solidify her reasons for saying no to Jason.

"Allright," she found herself saying quickly, quietly. Jason could hear the uncertainty and the red head cleared her throat. "I'm just afraid Jason." As she continued to speak, the smile on her face widened, "I don't know what I'm doing here anymore. The mortal world is so different now then what I remember. I'm frightened to work within these new rules as much as I am frightened to be with you. I was changed for a reason and what that reason is eludes me. Am I turning my back on this second chance of life if I go with you? Am I a coward for wanting that?"

Jason Dreggs
Apr 28th, 2004, 10:41:45 PM
"What?"

He didn't think he heard her right the first time but as she went on. What he had hoped she would say he knew had come from her lips. He was speechless as she finished what she was saying. He tried to utter a few words right away but nothing came to mind. Finally he found the words that would mean something.

"Yeah the mortal coil is one tuff thing to deal with, I can still remember. So is the other side it is a frightening path to take."

Jason stopped for a moment to try to figure out how dumb the words where that he spoke. He gave up quickly realizing it didn't matter the person he love said she wanted to be with him.

"Maybe the point of all of this was to bring us closer to determine if we where meant to be Miranda? So no in my book you’re not coward your willing to face your fear that makes you strong."

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 29th, 2004, 02:48:41 PM
Miranda sighed and returned back to holding him, resting her head upon his chest, "Of course you would say that. I can do no wrong. " She gave him a reassuring squeeze "No offense. Just that, I am not certain that will be the consensus of my choice."

Jason Dreggs
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:00:45 PM
"What ever floats your boat”?

What had he said the words had slipped from his mouth before he even got the chance to think them through? He would have been blushing just then if his skin still had pigment to it. He was reverting back to how he had been as mortal already. Ruff around the edges and no one could hurt him with there words.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that."

He didn't want to speak that way towards her not Miranda. He had been alone to long to let Miranda go now. Yet his loner attitude had just shown through a bit. This could be the ending to what was already turning out to be a strange night.

"So you are willing to come with me to the cabal to at least see what its like? I promise I won't turn you and no one else will until you feel you are ready."

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 30th, 2004, 09:36:41 PM
Miranda recoiled away from Jason, from his hurtful words. Maybe she was wrong in choosing to go with him.

And then things change as they always do. "Jason, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so hurtful with my own words." Finally she found enough nerve to look at him again, her emerald eyes looking hopeful, "I trust you, but of this ... Cabal. I do not know them. Are you sure I will be safe?" Every Vampyre Coven was different. Miranda had seen enough of them in her extended life. The word Cabal meant a group of plotters afterall...

Jason Dreggs
May 6th, 2004, 10:30:30 PM
"It's alright Miranda, it’s just me I use to take stuff to personally. As for the Cabal most of them keep to them selves only two we have to clear you with are Raz and Salem. Those to I trust the most about the only one I don't is ruufe he is a nutso."

Jason looked at Miranda with a smile. He was glad to see her coming around even though she was still a bit hesitant. He would kill any of the cabal members if they even spoke to her wrong. They may be his brother and sister now but Miranda was more important to him she was his soul.

Miranda Dunleavy
May 7th, 2004, 09:34:53 AM
Jason's comment about Ruufe made her laugh. She remembered the proclaimed Vampyre King when they were members of the Shrine. Insane as he was, the lad was more or less harmless to his own kind. Raz and Salemn were new names to her, but Jason trusted them. They had helped him through his depression when he had thought Miranda was lost to him. In a way, she owed them her thanks. Even if she didn't go through with the turning, she could at least express her gratitude. Something you could always count on with Vampyres, expressing thanks got you on their good side...

"We best be going then." She rose to her feet and dusted off her cloak. It was a bit dusty from kneeling on the ground. "There's still plenty of time to get you inside, but the sun will be up within the hour Jason."

Jason Dreggs
May 12th, 2004, 12:50:45 PM
Jason got up from the ground himself and both him and Miranda left the ally together. They headed out to the darker reaches of the city to hide out for the daylight hours. Jason slept that day for comfortably then he had in months because she was next to him. When night fell again they would be on their way to his home the cabal. There he would introduce her to Raz and Salem first.

After there introduction he would make his purpose for Miranda clear to them all she. She would not be touched by any of them she would choose on her own when she was ready and when that time came he would turn her. Not another vampire would lay a hand on her or talk to her with out her permission. Unless they wanted to start an internal war which he highly doubt Salem or raz wanted at this point.

Night fell again and Jason led Miranda to his ship. It was in a lot better shape then the one he had crash-landed on ruin with when he met her. He had truly moved up in his life and only kept getting better. He enter the coordinates and then they where off into the stars on there way to the cabal.