PDA

View Full Version : New Orders; Bestine

Telan Desaria
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:30:44 PM
If I were in the Rebels position, I would hit back at Bestine with everything I could to show off any further assaults using intimidation. This is exactly what they are doing.

So, I am imediately issuing new orders.

Bestine - Surface
The Army is to make preparations to hold out as long as possible. The shield generators and as many planetary weapons as possible are to be made ready for operation. When they hit, the Army will have to hold their attention.

Bestine - Space
The orbital platform must be salvaged and repaired. A crew must be placed abaoard and its useage readied within the next 96 hours( IC time).

Additionally, all warships present are to realign themselves. When Bestine itself is taken, the blocking squadron I put in place will move towards Teyr and assault it. Captain Belades squadron is to move towards Vulvarch. All other forces are to move for Mrlsst. This way, when the hammer of their fleet falls, the anvil of Bestine will be bare. THis will net us other planets and conclude the expansion operation. This does downgrade Bestine to the status of feignt, but a worth while one. Read up what you can on the assigned planets or make it up, but get your ships there and neutralize resistance. Then begin calling for reinforcements and fortifying for counter assaults. These worlds we cannot giove up.

You may use the change in orders as coming from Marshal Prem, Chief of the Imperial General Staff and IC orchestrator of Marshal Tchort's brainchild.

Marshal tchort - - you are to abandon the world personally for Thyferra, but retain command through an NPC - rank of your chosing. If possible, we will retake the world. If not, those men will be sacrificed for netting new gains.

Teleran Balades
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:51:11 PM
I see two problems, One is that Reshmar's and Tie's battle forces will be able to hit Bestine in about 36 hours. The Golan wouldn't be up and running in time.

Second is how do we work with the NR OOC, we have everything planned with them.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34457

and

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33836

Jarek T'chort
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:07:42 PM
I agree with Teleran, though the plan is excellent, I think the NR would OOC object if we do launch an offensive on this scale. I would rather seek their approval after we have completed of at least gotten fully into, the Bestine thread. I would suggest putting these orders on hold until after a discussion with the NR and also until we are engaged over Bestine.

The plan is good though, so we'd take the planet and hold it, while the fleet takes a few other worlds. I like.

btw - Teyr is already under full Imperial control.

Teleran Balades
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:18:54 PM
[i]
btw - Teyr is already under full Imperial control.

Yeah, Defiler and [I]Maelstrom[/](the other two Auroras of the 4th response squadron) are stationed there to keep the citizens in line.

Telan Desaria
Mar 1st, 2004, 06:27:21 PM
I've been away for too long. I forgot.

Never mind. I cede operational control to Marshal Tchort, who has been in control hereof during my absance and knows more of its intracacies than I.

You have the conn now, Field Marschal.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:32:28 PM
I'd suggest that this become the blueprint for the larger offensive after the imminent defeat of the Rebel fleet.

So, here it will go as follows:

A rp in which Balades, North and Danik move on to Vulvarch.

A second rp in which Hagen will attack Mrlsst - Telan, would you mind rping another character in that, fleet or army?

A final thread in which the repercussion of the attack will fall. Tiberius will be able to make his announcements and political manouvering, the Imperial Millitary fortifies the systems it has taken, perhaps finished off with the Imperial officers who led the attack at a parade on Thyferra - with awards and such. This would be a purely character based thread.

All of these can be worked out in detail with the NR at a later date.

After this has been completed, the idea of the Hawk Fleet can be fully explored with Anar, Tlorin and Danik.

Tear
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:25:10 PM
As long as we are in a preparations state of mind maybe we should be thinking of how we would handle an invasion from the Federacey. Personally im holding a bigger grudge against them for inflicting their ideals on us then the NR. Incase they do come ..n im pretty sure they are i want to give them a bloody nose and send them back into their own space with us on their heels.

Telan Desaria
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:56:00 PM
That can be arranged, Tear. You are to be commended for your work on Bestine, thus far it has proven excellent. You are a shining star in Intelligence.

Hawk Fleet?

I agree, we will take the thred in stages. The Operation, phases or whole, shall be henceforth under the OOC direction of Marshal Tchort and the IC direction of the Imperial General Staff. I will do whatever you ask of me, Jarek, in that regard. This is your command debut, then. So far, so good.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:26:33 AM
I can change my Post to allow time for your forces to ready themesves. 36 , 96 its all the same

Alexi Hesith
Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:46:19 AM
Hawk Fleet will be a reoving force offering assitstance to neutral worlds. It is a ploy to gain favour with them for eventual treaties. It is also a way to take over worlds without unnecessary losses. There's a thread around here somewhere about it.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:20:12 AM
The Diplomacy and War thread in this forum deals with "Hawk Fleet".

Tear ~ Preperations to deal with the Federacy threat are underway, the Porall thread for one.

Any ideas on the Rp's I've suggested would be appreciated.

Teleran Balades
Mar 2nd, 2004, 07:28:30 AM
I'm not getting much info on Vulvarch other than that it is 34 light-years from Teyr, and something about Luke Skywalker visiting the planet and finding some ship.

Sounds like a good plan.

Tiberius Anar
Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:36:52 PM
If the invasion goes well and we hold Bestine, then I will visit the planet for victory celebrations. We can march representatives of the army units and the navy ships past in a big parade. Perhaps even the prisoners. It would make excellent propaganda.

Telan Desaria
Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:47:28 PM
Not the prisoners. The Imperial Service we've created here separates mere rebels and the honourable soldiers who are defending their homes. We treat thm with the same respect we want our own captured to be treated with. Moons in low populous systems are made to act as pow colonies - they are given the things they need to systain themselves such as food and housing. we do this to allow the prisoners to see the error of opposing us. They then come over to our side. If we mistreat them, then no such luck.

Tiberius Anar
Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:52:16 PM
What about the official surrender of the Bestine government? could that be the centre piece?

Telan Desaria
Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:55:35 PM
of course.

Tiberius Anar
Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:17:48 PM
Goody!

Jarek T'chort
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:16:56 PM
Originally posted by Tiberius Anar
If the invasion goes well and we hold Bestine, then I will visit the planet for victory celebrations. We can march representatives of the army units and the navy ships past in a big parade. Perhaps even the prisoners. It would make excellent propaganda.
It would be safer to have it on Thyferra. It'd be a good gesture by Anar, but remember the world would still be under threat from the NR, just because OOC the NR are giving it up doesnt mean IC we know there wont be another fleet exiting hyperspace and making a mess of our celebrations.

Teleran Balades
Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:38:44 PM
With the size of the force we have at Bestine currently and if we are able to pummel the NR they'll be wary about sending a seond force without more Inteligence(I'm thinking IC). In their mind we would seem extremely determined to keep the planet, and they would've already taken heavy losses.

Secondly if Anar shows up on Bestine to give his speech during the parade and make peace arrangments with the current gov't, it would show other governments that we are willing to work with them instead of Subjugating them.

Tear
Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:28:52 PM
Of course if they dont agree to being under our rule or agreeing to a peaceful "joining" ill have to pay them a visit:)

Telan Desaria
Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:43:50 PM
Yes. Then the red carpets can be made so with something other thand dye.....

Such is the nefarious work of Intelligence. That voodoo that yoodoo so well.

*quote from Blazing Saddles, which I just saw. The representation of the Germans at the end was hilarious, and the uniforms for miss Lilly von Stoop's Prussian Guards were accurate down the the bolt action Mauser 68Ks. I couln't stop laughing.

Teleran Balades
Mar 4th, 2004, 05:45:56 PM
Hey, all VIc and Vic IIs have been decommisioned correct? I thought Telan said something about that. Jarek and I are coming up with a ship roster for Hawk Fleet.

And if possible I'd like to test out several ships, mainly the Scythe, Tyrannic, and Trepidation class ships. Could one of these designs be worked into the Fleet RP at Vulvarch?

Telan Desaria
Mar 4th, 2004, 09:46:58 PM
You are correct. The VSD I and IIs were all phased out or scrapped, being replaced by the VSD III and IV with a Mark V on the drawing board. Concepts for the Star Destroyer Advanced championed by the late Sith Empire fleet were scrapped.

All VSDs in Imperial Service are Mark III at least. This is favlor based, meaning they have nothing appreicably new, just cleaer halls and hulls, smoother engines, newer comm systems et al.

Danik Drayton
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:29:39 PM
I've got my self to a point where I understand most of whats going on at the moment. But I must ask, am I going to this palce called Vulvarch now or a bit later. Either way I've got the IC troop ships in place ready to go where thet are needed.
I've also had the thought ( looking ahead a bit) that we could have an Honour Guard at the huge parade you mentioned. It could consist of a representative of each ground unit, fighter squadron and capital ship.

Teleran Balades
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:45:18 PM
Vulvarch is for a later thread. Adding it now would raise Kain OOC. You can bring in the troop ships as soon as the dreadnaught is fried and the shields are down.

Tear
Mar 9th, 2004, 10:06:28 PM
Shields are done with my last post and ready for ground troops, im also firing at the dread.

Mar 10th, 2004, 12:49:40 AM
The dread is closer to the planet. I will be using the battle station as cover . try to hit me lol. Im waiting on the transports i want to take pot shots at them.

Tear
Mar 10th, 2004, 12:56:02 AM
you really wanna get close to the planet with Two Ion cannons clearing the way for those transports?..specially when one is gunning directly for the dread.

Boomzies!:p

gonna getcha rebel scum

Telan Desaria
Mar 10th, 2004, 05:58:04 AM
Drayton - agreed. An honour guiard is always nice.

Mar 10th, 2004, 02:48:27 PM
:lol

Telan Desaria
Mar 10th, 2004, 03:50:48 PM
Boomzies????? How un Imperial can you get???

Mar 11th, 2004, 12:44:38 AM
Hey tear Ill let you hit the Dread i just want to make it a chalange lol

Teleran Balades
Mar 11th, 2004, 07:00:24 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Boomzies????? How un Imperial can you get???

Can we shun him?

Telan Desaria
Mar 11th, 2004, 07:53:19 AM
No. But we can banish him!

Mar 11th, 2004, 01:07:42 PM
Let him kill the dread before you banish him

Telan Desaria
Mar 11th, 2004, 01:14:43 PM
Done.

Tear
Mar 11th, 2004, 05:11:09 PM
I shall shoot the dread down that flee from the empire and call its charred out carcus home. :) then ill write nasty letters to the Imperial goverment forcing them to make the word boomzies dignified and awe inspiring.

It shall be done!

...boomzies.

Telan Desaria
Mar 11th, 2004, 05:24:51 PM
damn little intell rats....

Telan Desaria
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:55:08 AM
I must say, I am very proud. The sheer style of writing of this battle is excellent and promotions.decorations will be awarded all around. You have my compliments.

Teleran Balades
Apr 5th, 2004, 06:24:00 PM
Hey, are we still going on with the second phase of this plan, or are we doing something else? Just want to prepare for later threads.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 5th, 2004, 06:58:58 PM
The Bestine thread has picked up again, so I'd still like to proceed with the 2nd plan. That won't be until the Bestine thread is finished, however.

Teleran Balades
Apr 5th, 2004, 07:09:34 PM
True. Are there any preparations we need to consider, or something to deal with increasing federacy threats. I'd like to do a diplomatic RP solo to gain some more experience interacting with other planet, anything we need from shadowfeane or any of the other factions?

Jarek T'chort
Apr 5th, 2004, 07:14:19 PM
Hmm, just you need a planet thats independent. I'm not too sure exactly what small boardless factions there are. Suggestions anyone?