PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Season 2

darth_mcbain
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:26:27 AM
The new season starts March 26 (just 25 short days away!!!)

theforce.net has posted a bunch of links to trailers - if you haven't seen them, check them out - looks really cool.

http://download.theforce.net/clonewars/clonewars_part2_preview_640x480.mov

http://download.theforce.net/clonewars/clonewars_season2_commercial2.mov

http://download.theforce.net/clonewars/clonewars_season2_commercial3.mov

http://download.theforce.net/clonewars/clonewars_season2_commercial4.mov

http://download.theforce.net/clonewars/clonewars_season2_commercial5.mov

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 1st, 2004, 01:52:58 PM
Whoa these look awesome.

I really need to watch the first set.

JMK
Mar 1st, 2004, 03:55:02 PM
Yeah I can't wait for this second season. But they're so damn short! It's over before it begins!!

Charley
Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:54:08 AM
Yay I just downloaded the first set. Very fun to watch.

Hart
Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:57:14 PM
I think all the the first series is still on the cartoon network website.

darth_mcbain
Mar 25th, 2004, 09:59:21 AM
This starts up tomorrow - I'll have my VCR set... :)

JMK
Mar 25th, 2004, 01:36:08 PM
I'll be camping out at starwars.com waiting for the download to show up. :)

Sanis Prent
Mar 25th, 2004, 02:37:56 PM
ready to download :)

Man I need to watch these again

darth_mcbain
Mar 26th, 2004, 11:39:27 PM
Ep. 11 was pretty cool - I liked the space fight. And I loved Anakin's line I have you now.

Figrin D'an
Mar 26th, 2004, 11:39:55 PM
So... Season 2 started tonight. Picked up right where the last chapter left off. Nothing spectaular on this one, IMO, but it continues the story well. The next chapter is supposed to be about Mace Windu, though. That should be :cool.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2004, 01:54:59 AM
I missed it, I guess I will have to downloaded it tomorrow. I hope they do the same thing they did last time show the episodes then show them all in one hour slot.

JMK
Mar 27th, 2004, 11:18:12 AM
Not bad at all. Bring on #12!

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 27th, 2004, 12:56:42 PM
I liked it, loved that line too Mcbain :p

Charley
Mar 28th, 2004, 09:19:55 PM
Spoilerize it.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2004, 10:14:38 PM
I don't think that is a spoiler, I could be refering to anything.

Charley
Mar 28th, 2004, 11:00:12 PM
:rolleyes

Ask any star wars nerd what that line comes from, and its pretty bleeding obvious.

This thing just came out, and not everybody's seen it, nor do they all have the kind of speedy net connection to just go and get it.

Use the tags.

darth_mcbain
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:27:11 AM
I just saw Ep. 12 on the official site. I like... Mace Windu is awesome in this one, just chopping through enemies... I also liked the setting - that's the first we've seen of Dantooine, and it looks like an interesting environment. I guess wind is their main power source there. Did anyone catch the Wilhelm Scream in this episode :lol.

JMK
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:38:47 AM
Yeah, that sound effect can't slip past me unnoticed anymnore.
Chapter 12 is one of my favorites so far, if not my favorite. :)

darth_mcbain
Mar 30th, 2004, 11:11:34 AM
I also thought the seismic tank was pretty cool. I haven't gotten much into the comics or EU, but I have a couple of comics that have planet devastators (at least I think that's what they're called) in them and they reminded me of the seismic tank.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 30th, 2004, 12:28:29 PM
Dantooine looks interesting, I have only seen it before in video games. This episode was great, can't wait to see the next one.

Madmartigan
Mar 30th, 2004, 06:30:47 PM
I totally forgot about this, I don't watch enough TV. I watched episodes 11 and 12 online today pretty cool. Can I post spoilers about them in here, like the whole Mace thing?

Jinn Fizz
Mar 30th, 2004, 10:35:34 PM
Chapter 13 was just stunning...personally, I think it's the best chapter so far. Mace Windu vs. the super battledroids--yowza!!! I just loved this chapter!

The ending was hilarious too, with Mace and the boy...it was just like that old commercial with Mean Joe Greene and the kid who offers him the Coke. Classic stuff!!!

darth_mcbain
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:48:32 AM
I missed it last night :( - hopefully they'll put it up on the OS soon...

darth_mcbain
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:48:53 AM
Just saw it - LOL Fizz, that ending was just like the Mean Joe Green thing... :lol Overall really cool episode - watching Mace Force-blast everything in sight was pretty sweet.

JMK
Mar 31st, 2004, 12:44:38 PM
That was awesome. Easily the best back to back chapters yet.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 31st, 2004, 01:12:25 PM
Yeah Mace rocks :)

Madmartigan
Mar 31st, 2004, 02:37:16 PM
Am I the only one who found it lame and over dramatic.

I can't help but think of the arena battle in Attack of the Clones where Jedi were getting killed left and right simply because they were outnumbered. Mace was outnumbered 1000 to 1 and not a scratch on him. Why did they need the other Jedi in the arena then just send Mace he could have wiped the whole floor with them geez. It was like a fanboy thought up the episode, that was unrealitic and didn't fit with the movies. Jedi's are human afterall.

JMK
Mar 31st, 2004, 04:31:37 PM
Not all of them are human. Remember, this is from the creators of Samurai Jack.

Charley
Mar 31st, 2004, 04:46:16 PM
Did Mace die in the last one either? No.

I don't see the problem here.

Figrin D'an
Mar 31st, 2004, 05:27:08 PM
Originally posted by Madmartigan
Am I the only one who found it lame and over dramatic.

Yes.

Tear
Mar 31st, 2004, 05:48:19 PM
The series is highly Stylized. Exagerating movements and actions for an overal feel. Its not supposed to be realistic in the least :p Just amusing and fun to watch.

Madmartigan
Mar 31st, 2004, 07:44:46 PM
Its not fun to me if it counterdicts everything in the movies.

Figrin D'an
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:10:33 PM
Its not fun to me if it counterdicts everything in the movies.

:rolleyes

Yes... anything and everything in all of the Star Wars films is now lessened and cheapened because Mace Windu used the Force to take out some battle droids.

You're close to winning the infamous traveling "King of Hyperbole" award.

Charley
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:47:52 PM
How does it "counterdict" exactly?

JMK
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:58:13 PM
Look, the Republic clearly wasn't testing for steroids during the Clone Wars, Windu knew it and took advantage of it.

Geez.

JMK
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:22:23 PM
Is it me or did Chapter 14 seem to pass much faster than the others?

Figrin D'an
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:29:45 PM
I dunno... I missed it tonight. :(

Madmartigan
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:35:54 PM
Its not on for another 27 minutes in my area.

I didn't like an episode of the Clone Wars and you guys are ready to crucify me. I like the series as a whole as its fun filler tell the movies come on but just because they slap the star wars name on it doesn't mean i have to like everything about it without question.

Figrin D'an
Mar 31st, 2004, 09:59:35 PM
Its not on for another 27 minutes in my area.

I didn't like an episode of the Clone Wars and you guys are ready to crucify me. I like the series as a whole as its fun filler tell the movies come on but just because they slap the star wars name on it doesn't mean i have to like everything about it without question.

No. We're pointing out that your comment along the lines of "counterdicts everything in the movies" is an overreaction and a classic example of hyperbole. The comments are an attempt to show the silliness of the statement.

There are plenty of disagreements on all things Star Wars. Implying that we are lemmings walking over the cliff of the Lucas Stamp of Approval is hardly accurate. One needs only search the forums and read some other topics to see as such.

Lighten up.

Madmartigan
Mar 31st, 2004, 10:11:15 PM
LOL I just think you guys are the ones that need to lighten up, I commented I didn't like it, I never said you couldn't like it.

I thought tonights episode was much better in regards to what they could have done with Mace. Instead of facing 1000's at a time tonight it was more like a handful at a time which seemed more realistic to me.

Darth Viscera
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:04:27 PM
one beef w/ tonight's ep:
"No ship that small has a cloaking device!" (referring to the millenium falcon)

Tear
Mar 31st, 2004, 11:10:11 PM
Didnt Mauls infiltrator have a cloaking device?

Taataani Meorrrei
Apr 1st, 2004, 12:53:01 AM
I doubt it was a complete cloak, which can render sensors impervious as well. In Jedi Outcast, some of the Reborn also had visual masking systems. Seems more of an imperfect mask, similar to the Predator's camo field, or James Bond's Aston Martin Vanquish.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:39:22 PM
I thought last nights episode was cool, loved seeing Luminaria and Barriss kick butt :p Can't wait to see what happens next.

JMK
Apr 1st, 2004, 03:16:22 PM
Well with the shot of the #1 guy at the end of the chapter, things are going to get a little wild methinks.

darth_mcbain
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:32:29 PM
Yeah, the trailer they showed (all 2 seconds of it :lol) showed Yoda kicking some tail - the next one should be fun..

Figrin D'an
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:05:36 PM
Originally posted by Taataani Meorrrei
I doubt it was a complete cloak, which can render sensors impervious as well. In Jedi Outcast, some of the Reborn also had visual masking systems. Seems more of an imperfect mask, similar to the Predator's camo field, or James Bond's Aston Martin Vanquish.

Exactly... I heard those droids referred to as Chameleon droids... so, it's likely an light refraction tech, allowing them to blend into the background.

darth_mcbain
Apr 2nd, 2004, 10:15:55 PM
Ep. 16 was pretty good. While it was kinda cheesy, I liked Threepio and Artoo - apparently they haven't changed all that much... :lol Was it me, though, or did it seem like this episode was over before it began? It just seemed to go by so quickly...

Madmartigan
Apr 2nd, 2004, 11:53:09 PM
What would I do wothout the internet, I can never remember to watch TV. I have only seen 2 of the 6 episodes on tv the other 4 I have had to download off the net (including tonights).

JMK
Apr 3rd, 2004, 10:35:38 AM
Originally posted by Darth McBain
Ep. 16 was pretty good. While it was kinda cheesy, I liked Threepio and Artoo - apparently they haven't changed all that much... :lol Was it me, though, or did it seem like this episode was over before it began? It just seemed to go by so quickly...

Agreed on all points. They all pass too quickly now. I guess if they're making 3 minutes episodes and they don't pass quickly then they're doing something wrong. Though it was nice to see Padme get into the action somewhat.

Madmartigan
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:17:17 AM
Nah it doesn't feel like Padme without Natalie Portman playing the role plus the anime look doesn't fit her.

Darth Vader
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:18:31 AM
I'd say it fits her quite well actually.

Jedieb
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:34:23 AM
This second season has been great. The Mace episodes were a blast. Of course they didn't fit in well with AOTC's Arena Battle. But that's only because of the medium. Genndy would be a fool not to take advantage of the freedom his medium provides. I don't want everything outside of the movies to be movie accurate. Take advantage of your medium to tell your story. The movies aren't realistic to begin with so why hold the cartoons to any of the same constraints?

The next couple of chapters should rock. Anakin and Asajj are going to square off. Their duel should be one of the highlights of the series. Look for something special in the final Episode. It's going to be an extended one. (Hopefully, 5 minutes instead of three. Grievous should get a hell of an intro and we're bound to see some Jedi bite the dust.

JMK
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:58:11 AM
I actually prefer Yoda's style and way of 'working' better in the cartoons than his duel in AotC. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:24:23 AM
Welll they are calling the Episodes the beginning of the Fall of the Jedi, I think that fits with everything you said.

Madmartigan
Apr 4th, 2004, 01:00:33 PM
Are they going to release the series to dvd?

Figrin D'an
Apr 4th, 2004, 02:02:41 PM
I can't wait to see Grievous in Chapter 20. From what I have heard, some of the Jedi who die at his hands are Council members from AOTC. So, he's not just taking out any Jedi... he's killing some of the best around. As for the length of Chapter 20, I've heard the entire Season 2 run (ie. Ch 11-20) is a total of 38 minutes. 11-19 average about 3-4 minutes each, that means Chapter 20 could be more like 5-9 minutes. Which would be :cool .

Charley
Apr 4th, 2004, 04:06:04 PM
I fully expect Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti to be killed in the last episode.

darth_mcbain
Apr 4th, 2004, 08:02:45 PM
I was expecting Shaak Ti and Saesae Tinn (sp?) to be killed in Ep. 20 - no evidence or anything - just a gut feel. I had also heard (though I can't remember where and it may not be reliable) that Ep. 20 was going to be a double length episode - here's hoping that is true... :)

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2004, 09:31:32 PM
Well Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti are both in Episode three, the I saw in the Insider the guy that plays Mundi is in make up. And the same with Shaak Ti My guess its the two odd ball jedi, that short one with the pointed ears and furry thing Oppo Reecs (sp) they are useless and very easily gotten rid of.

JMK
Apr 4th, 2004, 10:12:16 PM
That dude with the breathing apparatus could be done away with. No one needs him.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 4th, 2004, 11:52:31 PM
you mean Plo Kloon? he is in Episode 3 as well I saw that in insider, I dusted out my Character guide here are the possbilities, there should be two new council members one died, Coleman (by Jango no less) and one went insane in that Mace book (Depa Billaba) and we have elimanted three because they willl be in the movie so that leaves

Adi Gallia (black female with weird head dress)
Eeth Koth (I am not sure if got killed in the battle on Genosis or not I hear he did or he didn't so who knows)
Even Pisell (this dwarf looks like dead meat to me :p)
Oppo Rancisis (big hairy thing have no clue what he is be cool to see how in the world he fights though probably could only be done in cartoon, perfect place to see his end)
Saesee Tiin (he could be a maybe haven't heard if he will be in Episode 3 or not)
Its two of those 5 IMO. Everybody else is safe.

Figrin D'an
Apr 5th, 2004, 01:45:12 AM
Plo Koon is too cool to kill off just yet. :mneh In the EU, it's been indicated that he is actually pretty damn powerful, as in a strong warrior and third in line on the Council behind Yoda and Mace Windu.

As long as we get to see Grievous killing Jedi in Clone Wars and in Episode III, I'll be happy.

JMK
Apr 5th, 2004, 07:35:53 AM
Agreed. I don't really care if it's a council member or not, I just need to see that guy kill some jedi. I'd almost prefer to leave the council members to Lucas and see if he has the guts to murder them onscreen and not off it, like the suffering Naboo from TPM.

darth_mcbain
Apr 5th, 2004, 09:04:35 AM
Here's a link to a trailer for Ep. 20 featuring Greivous.

http://download.theforce.net/clonewars/clonewars_season2_commercial7.mov

Looks sweet - and they say it is an "extended edition", so it looks like it will be a bit longer than the others! :)

JMK
Apr 5th, 2004, 09:48:20 AM
Are they going to release the series to dvd?

I fully expect them to, though there has been no official word yet. I'm betting it comes out some time in the fall, either leading up to the release of the OT on DVD or leading up to the release of Episode 3.

FireKat
Apr 5th, 2004, 05:38:38 PM
Could Aayla Secura be on the chopping block, perhaps?

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 5th, 2004, 05:52:00 PM
I thought that she was coming back? I think I read that somewhere.

Charley
Apr 5th, 2004, 08:04:39 PM
Ah well. I've seen a spoiler pic from that episode, and there is A brown-clothed body lying face-down at Grievous's feet. From the people that I've confirmed in the fight with Grievous, it is either Ki Adi Mundi, or some padawan who looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 5th, 2004, 10:14:12 PM
Well if that is the case he is either not dead or its a contiunity error beause he is in Episode 3 I saw pics of the actor getting makeup for the character in the SW insider. I guess he could just be wounded or it is another jedi.

darth_mcbain
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:14:26 AM
I just saw Ep. 18 on the official site. Not bad - I really liked the duel between Anakin and Ventress. I couldn't help laughing at the end, though, when Anakin got up right before it started raining. I couldn't help thinking of the Hulk - "Please don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry... :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2004, 11:00:04 AM
LOL yeah.

JMK
Apr 7th, 2004, 12:54:37 PM
I thought it was well done too.
I wonder if at the end of the series their duel there will have any meaning to the original trilogy. I doubt it though.

Charley
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:14:27 PM
wow, number 19 was cool

Kitty McQuade
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:19:22 PM
I still haven't seen any of it. When is it on?

Charley
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:23:59 PM
They've been showing them at 8 eastern on the weekdays.

I think saturday, they'll play the entire series (20) at once. All together, it'll probably be 70-80 minutes in length.

Kitty McQuade
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:31:16 PM
this saturday???

Charley
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:37:27 PM
yep

Figrin D'an
Apr 7th, 2004, 06:40:48 PM
The only problem with the "marathon" on Saturday is that they won't all be shown right in a row, 1-20. They're breaking them into 5 chapter segments, each one a half-hour, and their putting another half-hour show inbetween each segment.

It's kind of a cheap ratings move by Cartoon Network.

Kitty McQuade
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:01:44 PM
I'm still gonna tape them. :D

Charley
Apr 7th, 2004, 07:26:35 PM
I've currently got 1.7 gigabytes of it on my HD, in both regular and commentary versions. ^_^;

Jinn Fizz
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:11:19 PM
Chapter 19 was darn good...Anakin has tasted the Dark Side, and he liked it. Definitely shades of things to come.

And although we are led to believe that Asajj Ventress died after falling off the pyramid, we never actually saw her hit the ground, so I think they've left a back door open in case Genndy Tartakovsky gets the okay to continue the series.

I, for one, would love to see Tartakovsky do another micro-series, or even get the go-ahead to do a series of 30 minutes toons. Clone Wars has been an absolutely terrific piece of work.

JMK
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:15:09 PM
It has been very very good to say the least.

Anakin's embracing of the dark side tonight was great.

Just 2 chapters left though. :(

Charley
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:31:55 PM
2 chapters?

I thought it was only 20.

Madmartigan
Apr 7th, 2004, 09:42:21 PM
Sometimes I worry for Anakin, whats going to become of him if he keeps on this path of anger. Anger leads to the darkside afterall.

Jinn Fizz
Apr 7th, 2004, 11:16:48 PM
:lol

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2004, 01:59:13 AM
Originally posted by Jinn Fizz
Chapter 19 was darn good...Anakin has tasted the Dark Side, and he liked it. Definitely shades of things to come.

And although we are led to believe that Asajj Ventress died after falling off the pyramid, we never actually saw her hit the ground, so I think they've left a back door open in case Genndy Tartakovsky gets the okay to continue the series.

She's definitely not dead. According to the database info on the official site, she's much more involved with events that just those we see in the Clone Wars cartoon.

I, for one, would love to see Tartakovsky do another micro-series, or even get the go-ahead to do a series of 30 minutes toons. Clone Wars has been an absolutely terrific piece of work.

So would I. An actual series of half-hour shows, even if the series is only 10 episodes in length, would be great. There's so much material about the Clone Wars that won't be touched in Episode III. There's plenty of room to allow for a series to show more of the actual war, it's ups and downs for both sides, and fill in the gaps.

JMK
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:57:32 AM
Originally posted by Charley
2 chapters?

I thought it was only 20.

Oops, my bad. 1 left. But it's a long one, so it counts as 2. :uhoh

darth_mcbain
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:50:12 AM
Just saw Ep 19 on the OS - really good. I think the second season of these cartoons really outdoes the first series. I loved the end of this one where you see Anakin going into a rage to defeat Ventress Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:19:13 AM
Just started watching these, up to Episode 13... Mace is so cool :D

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:13:08 PM
'k, it's official...

Greivous is one bad dude. As long as the CG for him in Episode III is done right, he's got megacool baddie potential written all over him. Of course, he'll probably end up like Maul and have about 10 minutes of total screen time. :x

Jedieb
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:58:23 PM
19 and 20 were amazing chapters. I wish Genndy had been allowed to kill off Asajj, but I guess they want her available for comics or future cartoon episode. Grievous' intro into SW was excellent. The battle played out in a fashion where you got to see him kill some Jedi and manhandle some heavy weights like Mundi and Secura. Both of them could have survived the battle, but their was little doubt they were getting their nads handed to them.

This year's fan club kits are hitting mail boxes. In them is a letter from Lucas that promises that Star Wars will "continue" even after EP3. What I'm hoping this means is that we'll not only be seeing comics and novels, but another cartoon series. This micro series has been so successful that I'm hoping Genndy or some other Cartoon Network talent will get the greenlight to do a full 30 minute or even 15 minute show. For me, a cartoon series would be much more preferable to a live action series. You could NEVER tell stories like we've seen in this micro series with a live action TV show. The cost and time would be just outrageous. I also don't mind it being on Cartoon Network. I know some people would love to see an edgy, adult anime SW series, but SW has always primarily been a story for kids. I don't mind Lucas keeping it that way.

JMK
Apr 8th, 2004, 06:59:39 PM
:eek

Now THAT was harsh. Grievous is a nasty, nasty dude. So who did we see get whacked? Ki Adi Mundi, Shaak-Ti, Aayla Secura and 2 other chumpy Jedi?

Methinks the Jedi have a problem.

Charley
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:26:46 PM
That was sexy. Oh man.

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2004, 07:55:23 PM
Originally posted by JMK
:eek

Now THAT was harsh. Grievous is a nasty, nasty dude. So who did we see get whacked? Ki Adi Mundi, Shaak-Ti, Aayla Secura and 2 other chumpy Jedi?

Methinks the Jedi have a problem.

I'm guessing that Ki-Adi Mundi survives, but barely escapes with his life. The rescue party will arrive just in time, or some such thing. Secura is dead. So is Shaak-Ti. So is the Jedi that sent the distress message to Obi-Wan. So is freaky padawan dude... who, BTW, according the database on starwars.com, is named Sha'a Gi. :lol Nice...

JMK
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:03:23 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
I'm guessing that Ki-Adi Mundi survives, but barely escapes with his life. The rescue party will arrive just in time, or some such thing. Secura is dead. So is Shaak-Ti. So is the Jedi that sent the distress message to Obi-Wan. So is freaky padawan dude... who, BTW, according the database on starwars.com, is named Sha'a Gi. :lol Nice...

That is hilarious. I started a thread about him before I saw the last chapter. Figrin, what rescue party could you be talking about? The series is over? Are you thinking this carries straight into Episode 3 or what?

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:19:47 PM
Originally posted by JMK
That is hilarious. I started a thread about him before I saw the last chapter. Figrin, what rescue party could you be talking about? The series is over? Are you thinking this carries straight into Episode 3 or what?

Yes, based upon that Ki-Adi Mundi is supposed to appear in Episode III, AFAIK. Hence, the assumption that a rescue party will arrive, save Mundi, and he tells them about Greivous. The war continues, Greivous continues to kick butt, the Seperatists start winning, and that eventually leads into Episode III.

Charley
Apr 8th, 2004, 08:49:08 PM
My only problem is that Grievous really shouldn't have that kind of power. Yes, he's strong, fast, etc. But without the Force, he wouldn't be able to anticipate attacks like that. I'm a little concerned about that.

darth_mcbain
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:21:03 PM
Well he's not completely a droid - he is alive underneath there, so there's no reason to think that he may not be Force-sensative. I personally do think he has some Force capability, but I don't know for sure.

As for Episode 20 - HE ROCKS!!! I can't wait to see how they do him in Ep. 3 - he is going to spell doom for a lot of Jedi...

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2004, 09:45:43 PM
Well Secura and Shaak-Ti can't be dead they are both in Episode 3, the actress playing Secura is replaying that role they annouced that on the main site, and Shaak Ti I saw in costume in SW insider, I also read a spoiler about her death which I won't repeat.

Figrin D'an
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:05:45 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Well Secura and Shaak-Ti can't be dead they are both in Episode 3, the actress playing Secura is replaying that role they annouced that on the main site, and Shaak Ti I saw in costume in SW insider, I also read a spoiler about her death which I won't repeat.

Given the reaction Ki-Adi Mundi had to what Greivous did to Shaak-Ti, if she's not dead, she's hurt pretty bad. Secura - dude, Greivous threw her an insane distance, and she slammed into the hull of the ship. Jedi or no, she'd be dead from that kind of impact. Either she's not in Episode III, or there's a discontinuity. Stylized or not, it's a bit much to believe that she could survive that.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2004, 10:11:43 PM
I don't know but from what I read on theforce.net she is a comic that takes place a few months after this, she is also in a Clone Wars novel that takes place after this, so she somehow leaved maybe broke a lot of bones, maybe Tweleks can survive such things better I don't have a clue

Jinn Fizz
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:07:08 AM
I'm really going to miss my nightly Clone Wars chapters. I'm sad that the series is over now, it was just so good! :cry

Chapter 20 was tremendous. Absolutely superb. I hope the DVD comes out relatively soon...has anybody heard about any release dates yet?

I do have to voice some reservations about General Grievous, though. In a cartoon, he was awesome...but I'm concerned about how he'll look as a CGI character in a live-action movie. I just hope he doesn't come off looking too goofy :\.

JMK
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:15:57 AM
I hope Grievous is toned down a little as well. I won't want to see him do that kind of high speed stuff on screen, it won't look right at all.

Don't these chapters take place well before the lead in to Episode 3?
Yes, based upon that Ki-Adi Mundi is supposed to appear in Episode III, AFAIK. Hence, the assumption that a rescue party will arrive, save Mundi, and he tells them about Greivous. The war continues, Greivous continues to kick butt, the Seperatists start winning, and that eventually leads into Episode III.
IMO they can't happen that close to Episode 3. Check Anakin's hairstyle in Episode 3 images compared to his close-cropped hair in the series. It takes time to grow a mop like that! As far as who's dead and who isn't, I won't argue too much. I haven't paid much attention lately to spoilers so if someone has heard that they are in Episode 3, I wouldn't think they're getting whacked in the cartoon.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:58:20 AM
I think this cartoon starts almost after Episode 2 ends that is the assumtion I have been making, I am not sure how much time passes between 2 and 3 yet, it might 2 or 3 years. Also Obi-Wan might have arrived to help them it is hard to say how much time passed when he got that message and when the battle took place.

Figrin D'an
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:49:13 AM
I never said that the Clone Wars cartoons are an [i]immediate/[i] lead-in to Episode III. Just that certain events seen in them will clearly be tied to it. There are several books coming out that will cover other events during the Clone Wars that take place after the cartoon series. My guess is that the entirity of the Clone Wars lasts about 3 years (the total time between Episodes II and III), and that the cartoon takes place somewhere between 6 months and 1 years after Episode II.

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 17th, 2004, 04:10:13 AM
Where can I download these things from?

Jedieb
Apr 18th, 2004, 12:18:02 AM
I heard they were taken off Cartoon Network's site. The official site still has them but I think you have to be a Hyperspace member.

Figrin D'an
Apr 18th, 2004, 12:23:01 AM
http://www.pcpages.com/1010101/

This is the best site I've found for downloading the episodes. Otherwise, there's always BitTorrent.

Force Master Hunter
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:55:18 AM
Thanks!

Very enjoyable. My only real bug is that the Jedi are waaaaaay over the top in power, but whatever, it's a cartoon. Bloody hell, Grevious is one bad MOFO! Really was impressed wtih that idea. I just cant see a droid moving that fast however

I hope there will be more

JMK
Apr 28th, 2004, 09:36:33 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JMZG/rebelscumcom/002-3521839-3936026

No release date yet, but at least it looks like it's coming! :rollin

Jedieb
May 5th, 2004, 07:12:35 PM
I read about that the other day. What I'm hoping for is some type of feature that allows you to watch the series as one continuous show. One static intro at the beginning, the 20 episodes back to back, and then the credits. Even if they added some transitions or new material to make the scenes work together that'd be fine with me.

JMK
May 5th, 2004, 09:27:38 PM
I'm hoping for that too. There's no reason why they can't pull that off. I'm sure they're smart enough not to send us back to the menu every 3 minutes.