Hummel-class Heavy Cruiser

Dimensions
: Keel – 1,400m
: Beam (with nacelles and pylons) – 690m
: Beam (Hull w/o nacelles and pylons) – 400m
: Mast – 200m

Armaments
: 25 Heavy Turbolasers
: 80 Medium Turbolaser Turrets (Dual-gun)
: 50 Ion Turrets (Dual-gun)
: 45 Anti-fighter Laser gatlings
: 24 Pin-point Cannon*

Defensive Precautions
: 4 Novaldex Mark V Ray/Energy Shield Emitters
(Classified Locations) – 2700 SBD
: 4 GenCore Mark II Particle Shield Emitters
(Classified Locations) – 2900 SBD
Single-Layered Armor Plating – 2000 RU

Propulsion and Power Systems
x1 TaggeCo. Primary Solar Ionization Reactor
x1 TaggeCo. Auxiliary Fusion Reactor
x 2 Propulsion Nacelles
(1 port, 1 larboard)
: Space – 20 MGLT
: Atmosphere – NONE
: Hyperdrive – x1.5
: Auxilliary – x5

Miscellaneous Systems
: Cargo capacity – 15,000 metric tones
: Consumables – 6 months
: Military-grade Imperial Sensor Package**
: 400 Type B Laser Gates and Anti-room defense Systems
: Auxiliary and Tertiary Command Decks (1 aft hull, 2 ventral aft hull)

Compliment
Crew
-Officers - 270
-General Hands – 21,840
-Gunners – 1,750
-Flight Operations Staff –

Vessels
: 4 TIE-type fighter squadrons (48)
: 4 Lambda II-class Personal Shuttles
: 4 Sentinel-class Shuttles
: 10 Y-4 Raptor Landing Transports
: Classified Number Model 7373538-G Escape Pods

Embarked Troop/Vehicle/Equipment Capacity
: 6 (Imperial) Panzer Battalions
(Total- 90 AT-ST Walkers, 360 Repulsor Tanks, 400 assorted transports)
(2780 vehicle operators, 1380 panzergrenadiers))
:::*OR*:::
: 6 (Imperial) Infantry Battalions
(Types – Fusilier, Grenadier, Pioneer, Aufklarung, et al)
( 6000 infantrymen and support personnel)

Design Purpose – To act as a rapid-response ship of the line in a direct combat role. Given the substantial quantity of embarked personnel, any system the Hummel is deployed to can be policed and garrisoned for a brief period, a process aided by a generous number of high-speed landing units.

Design Specifications
In relation to shielding, the Hummel has a number of generators, none however that are pronounced or detectable by standard sensor analysis or visual overview. This is made possible using deflector-grid projectors that are flat panels camouflaged to be no more than armor plating. This makes their direct elimination by close-in fighter attack improbable. As well, a design parameter allows the specific location of each projector panel to be randomized for each individual ship in a pattern is large enough to foil an attack trained on a learned locale but not great enough to disrupt the internal construction and wiring on the ship itself.

As such, a direct hit would still eliminate the projector, but range and targeting information would be so distorted mathematically given distance that such a hit from launchers either ship or fighter borne would be improbable.

The departure of the Hummel’s design from standard hull configuration especially regarding the inclusion of engine nacelles allows for a decreased amount of vessel-specific damage when engines are targeted or overload due to other damages. As well, the location of the primary reactor in the aft hull and its auxiliary in the forward command section allows the vessels’ minor maneuverability if the aft section is damaged or inoperable. Deep space movement would be impossible in such a case, but continued combat operations would be possible dependent upon the number of operable weapons emplacements.

The vessel has a width and length comparable with many ships of the line currently in service but has a height silhouettes that make it both difficult to target and hard to recognize – the latter being an advantage that an experienced captain could exploit however minute the hesitation.

OOC Notes
*Pin Point Cannon – small machine-gun type weapons that fire small 20mm casings towards incoming missiles like current American Vulcun gun or German Falanischekanonen. They can reduce a small amount of damage during a missile salvo, but is mostly for rping purposes.

** Military-grade sensor Package – included for flavor. Nothing spectacular and nothing new, just mentioned for continuity’s sake.

The shield generators are mentioned here for rping approval but IC would be unknown to an enemy IC.

Build time would be standard 1400 m since the increased width is compensated for decreased height.

Note - there is a picture if I can change it from bmp

Teleran Balades
Feb 29th, 2004, 02:35:30 PM
So does the Hummel have two layers of shields, is the shield strength combined, or do they protect the ship against different types of attacks( eg. kinetic, energy,)

Telan Desaria
Feb 29th, 2004, 03:12:51 PM
Energy sheilding operates against lasers, plasma, etal. Particale shielding operates against missiles, debris, sapce dust...

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:07:22 PM
Fast for 1400 Meters :) nice design.

Khendon Sevon
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:58:44 PM
*wonders if anyone noticed it's faster than a strike-class cruiser and nearly 5 times the size*

Telan Desaria
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:36:09 AM
yes. They have. That's mostr of the point. She was built to outrun ships her own size and smaller. And since it was approved at TRF, then it can't be that far fetched. And as a cruiser, armor has been sacrificed for speed.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:55:12 AM
yes, a picture would be most helpful

i went over it for the most part, but right now its so late that i dont know whether to take some aleve and throw my hands up, or hassle you about it. ill read it more indepth tomorrow when im more cognisant

Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:07:20 AM
Hey guys im going to start rendering the ship designs. I want to get a standard size comp chart for someone who ask for one. and while im at it i will just do the 3d renderings. Ill get to work on finishing up my Aurora and work on the IMp IV first. I have the aurora done already just need textures. and An imp is nothing to do. As for some of the others i need some general info on there design not specs the external looks and any secial modifications.

Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:12:02 AM
E mail me a copy of the pic if you can Telan Prometheus@arhosting.com

Khendon Sevon
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:45:18 PM
Edit: nevermind, not worth arguing

Telan Desaria
Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:41:05 PM
sorry Khen. Recommendations? I;ll change post haste.