PDA

View Full Version : Planning: Diplomatic envoy & NR/Imp infiltrations

Warlock
Feb 29th, 2004, 03:52:14 AM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34523

Thoughts?

Dark Lord Rivin
Feb 29th, 2004, 10:49:54 AM
We nead to show them what we think of jedi Comming to our turf!

Warlock
Mar 1st, 2004, 11:12:27 AM
Originally posted by Senator Thareena
Ok then no military guy, that's fine. I was just thinking it up last night and it was late.

I imagine that there are people in the senate that don't believe that there really are sith in control, and Jedi diplomats are quite common.

*shrug* If you think it'll work better, then we can just send a non Jedi diplomat from the senate on a humanitarian mission to find out the status of the Corellian people. It all depends on how the Senate RPs it out when we decide whether or not to go, and who will go.

How I laid it out in the first post is how my character *has* to bring it up. The RP I linked to is the reason, and of *course* it sounde like a precourser to war, because the person pulling the strings wants to get rid of TSO forever, and if she has to use the NR to do it, then all the better.

I don't think it would be wise to react aggressively to this, to be honest. I think in this case, brains over brawn is a perfect maxim to adopt. We don't want to attract any unwanted attention, and throwing our weight around in front of Senate representatives will do just that.

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 1st, 2004, 12:35:39 PM
I had not seen this post at the time of my post here. Givin the fact that they are not sending military, and are comming as a Humamitarian mission, I say we greet them like any of their allies would, and treat them as nice as we can. That way if they deem us too aggresive, they would have to deem their Allies the same.

I would be willing to be a diplomatic representive for TSO of you wish. Rivin tends to only fight if he has no choice, and prefers to use phychological warfare over hand to hand.

Warlock
Mar 1st, 2004, 02:06:51 PM
Warlock will definetly be part of the group greeting the diplomats. His strengths lie in diplomacy and deception and as such he's perfectly suited for the job. You're welcome to come along too, though, definetly. I suppose they would expect a number of use to show up.

Lady Vader
Mar 1st, 2004, 02:11:49 PM
And I will be there.

And I will be as civil as they come.

But if De'Ville so much as flies near Corellian space, so help me, I will destroy her with every fiber in my body down to destroying myself.

That is all.

On a less blood-thirsty note, and so everyone knows here (though I doubt I need to remind them), TSO has always governed Corellia and it's outlying planets with justness and fairness. Let the Jedi think we are monsters, and perhaps we are to some regard, but it would do us no good to obliterate and put forth fear into those people that bring prosperity to this planet.

Enslavement indeed. The NR knows nothing.

This is just another way for De'Ville to be a decisive thron in our sides.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my fist has an appointment with a wall.

THOUGHT: Corellia should have a voice in the senate. Who's up for the task?

Of course, there's always the possibility someone appointed a senetor for Corellia without actually consulting us... so typical of them. :mummble

Warlock
Mar 1st, 2004, 02:51:44 PM
I think Warlock would made the perfect senator type, if we need one. He fits the Palpatine archetype.

Lady Vader
Mar 1st, 2004, 02:54:53 PM
Ok, after some reading, Thareena rbought up a point that Corellia is it's own independant government, hence not a part of the NR, hence not having a Senator in the Senate.

However, we can most certainly have a diplomatic laison. Would that suit you, Warlock?

Warlock
Mar 1st, 2004, 02:57:07 PM
If you don't mind me taking th role, then yes :)

Lady Vader
Mar 1st, 2004, 03:10:44 PM
By all means, take. :)

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 1st, 2004, 03:14:56 PM
So do people want Rivin to take any role in this? I admitt that he would not be a good choice to go to the senate since he has his own little crime sindicate that he is running behind the scenes. Though if needed he could be acting as Warlock's advisor, Since he is very good at being parinoid. (As can be seen in the thread with Tear here in TSO.)

Warlock
Mar 1st, 2004, 03:19:41 PM
That works with me :D

AmazonBabe
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:33:17 PM
So long as you dont stir the soup too much. We don't want it splattering and all. :p

Southstar
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:12:30 PM
I'd be interested in some role as well, though nothing to big seeing as Southstar isn't really the diplomatic type. But I think we need to have a larger number of Sith there. A bigger number would flex a little muscle and give off the power vibe.

Warlock
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:17:43 AM
I don't think we want to seem like we're just showing off, saying "oh look we're powerful". You can come along and greet people, but I don't think we want tonnes of Sith following the envoy around all the time, looking over their shoulder etc.

Originally posted by Charley
No, have a puppet administration on Corellia gain admission into the NR, and then rot it out from within, etc.

!!! Who else thinks this would be fanfrellingtastic? I think this would give us the much needed channel and movitation to get back in action. We even have Imperial support at the minute (see the thread with Tear), so this is promising, I think.

Darth Viscera
Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:40:31 AM
Originally posted by Warlock
I don't think we want to seem like we're just showing off, saying "oh look we're powerful". You can come along and greet people, but I don't think we want tonnes of Sith following the envoy around all the time, looking over their shoulder etc.

!!! Who else thinks this would be fanfrellingtastic? I think this would give us the much needed channel and movitation to get back in action. We even have Imperial support at the minute (see the thread with Tear), so this is promising, I think.

Considering that their inflexible condition for such an RP is that it ends in total failure on the part of the Sith, it wouldn't be worth the time put into it. You'd think that RPers of good will could agree to let the Sith have a victory before the Republic rallies and strikes a larger victory, but no, that would be logical and might even produce a worthwhile RP which goes along with the general Star Wars theme, so of course the Jedi and the NR won't let it happen.

Warlock
Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:00:09 PM
We don't have anything else to put time into, to be honest. We might as well give it a go.

Darth Viscera
Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:17:36 PM
That's called being a doormat for the Jedi/NR. If the Sith are to put their butts on the line, then by god they have to do likewise!

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:35:20 PM
Even if we don't Have the puppet Join the NR The Puppet Admin is not a bad Idea. It would deflect alot of attention away from the Sith, Get the paperwork of running a system into the hands of a diplomat, and still let the sith have their way with the system, since the goverment would still be on TSO's pay role.

If people want the puppet government, I can make a character that would deal with in system political problems, and have him "appoint" warlock as the corellian Diplomatic Representive.

It's just a thought.

Darth Vader
Mar 6th, 2004, 04:47:35 AM
In the same stroke, we could also have some of the less subtle Sith (such as myself) slip away from Corellia and work with the Imperials. That way, we hedge both bets by having people working inside the NR, and people working inside the Empire.

Warlock
Mar 6th, 2004, 07:36:43 AM
:thumbup:thumbup to that. Tag along with Tear :)

Darth Vader
Mar 6th, 2004, 11:49:24 AM
Precisely what I had in mind. That way, if he fails me, I can choke him or something.

Lady Vader
Mar 6th, 2004, 10:06:52 PM
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I will await the news of the envoy coming and meet them with Warlock, our diplomatic laison.

I'm assuming this will also mean that Warlock will be traveling to Coruscant quite a bit. I'll have a ship assigned for your personal use.

Vader will go with Tear and be sure all goes to plan in that arena.

Now, who's to be the one to enter into the NR?

Jezreal Darkshard
Mar 6th, 2004, 10:48:38 PM
Well if either Jezreal or Zereth can help out at all just tell me.

Warlock
Mar 7th, 2004, 11:26:45 AM
Originally posted by Lady Vader.
Now, who's to be the one to enter into the NR?

Originally posted by Dark Lord Rivin.
If people want the puppet government, I can make a character that would deal with in system political problems, and have him "appoint" warlock as the corellian Diplomatic Representive.

I think it's me :)

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 8th, 2004, 02:02:27 PM
All I nead is a few moments and I can have a non sith leader to head the puppet government. If people not want that though I won't make the character.

Warlock
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:26:21 AM
Well we need to think of how we're going to introduce the leader. Perhaps we could invite them to the Palace for a tour? Just so they can be all "Oh yes yes this is humane... I'm happy with the way you are doing things here, Sith. Here, let me get you into the NR!"

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 9th, 2004, 01:38:08 PM
Anything works for me. All I need is a background story of where he/she came from, and how he/she got to where he/her is now. I don't even care what gender the person is!

Salem Ave
Mar 10th, 2004, 01:57:44 AM
You can just make it up really. Just say they're Corellia born and bred, world-travelled, rose through the political ranks, etc.

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 10th, 2004, 02:07:25 PM
Okay! I'll get started on that.

Salem Ave
Mar 12th, 2004, 10:27:59 AM
Okay. Let me know when its ready.

Lady Vader
Mar 12th, 2004, 04:30:11 PM
*Sits in her chair and listens to the convo between the two*

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 12th, 2004, 06:22:00 PM
Quick question...

Which would TSO be more likely to put at the head of the corellian puppet government? A Male? Or A Female? I have no problems playing ether.

Warlock
Mar 13th, 2004, 06:38:18 AM
It's your choice. I don't think it makes any difference.

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 14th, 2004, 05:43:59 PM
Okay. I think I'll try to find a picture that would be good for the character, and build the character off the picture. So if any of you find any pictures of an actor/actress that you think might be good for a corellian diplomat, could you let me know?

Salem Ave
Mar 15th, 2004, 11:35:31 AM
http://www.atpictures.com/

Try there.

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 15th, 2004, 04:27:44 PM
I have made the character! and I have started a thread in the Visitor section.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=640145#post640145

So if you want to put her as a puppet leader, Here she is!

BTW Thanks for the link to that site Salem!

AmazonBabe
Mar 15th, 2004, 07:02:34 PM
I saw your call out to have some sigs made. I'm gonna play around with the pics and see what I come up with. :)

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 15th, 2004, 07:05:15 PM
Okay! Thank you!

AmazonBabe
Mar 18th, 2004, 06:59:54 PM
I love the way you've started playing our lovely Mayor. First female to be elected Mayor of Coronet? I wonder if LV had anything to do with that. :lol

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 19th, 2004, 04:27:02 PM
*Bows*

Thank you! Thank You! I'm glad you like her!

I did a little research about Corellia and found that even after the NR took it from the Empire it remained a VERY male domnated planet. Is I guess that it does stand to reason that if a female was to get to a position like Mayor, She would have to have an extencive family history in politics that she could use her family name as a prybar, and she would have to be able and willing to reach for her dreams and catch them.

Her dream is to restore Corellia back to it's days of glory that her father told her so much about when she was a child.

I was also wondering if Rasha could get access to the Secret Sith Chat even though she is not a sith... Just so I don't have to log out as her, and back in as Rivin just to check in here.

AmazonBabe
Mar 19th, 2004, 06:06:38 PM
I just have one question... is Rasha for TSo or against? or putting a show on for the NR that she's against TSO?

I'm a little confused as to the details, i guess... :huh

Dark Lord Rivin
Mar 19th, 2004, 10:06:48 PM
Rasha sees nothing wrong with the sith, though she does see problems with their political tatics. She is willing to speek her mind about anything, to anybody. She grew up with the sith around her so to her having them on planet is normal. She respects them because when they took control of Corellia they let her father live when all the other political leaders were killed. She is not for or against anything untill a reason it given for her to move one way or the other. But her primary objective is to see the people of Corellia happy, and as long as the Sith are not killing the people of Corellia for no reason, she has no problem with them.

But in short, As long as the Sith don't get in her way of making Corellia a better place, She will work with them as needed.

If you had not guessed already Rasha was on Coruscant for a vacation from politics, wanting to see how happy the people there are, and she was rather mad when the Diplomats found her at her hotel room. But since she is a political figure first in her life, she is playing along with the Senate as if meeting them was her full intention of her trip.

Does this clear up the confusion?

Darth Viscera
Mar 20th, 2004, 05:35:45 AM
Do the NR/Jedi people plan on participating in this?

Warlock
Mar 20th, 2004, 10:35:04 AM
It hasn't been discussed.

Rasha Vill
Mar 20th, 2004, 01:02:25 PM
I'm hoping that they do get involved in this, though I think for the most part there is really not much they could do.

Warlock
Mar 21st, 2004, 02:40:56 AM
Well the NR will obviously be participating, since the Senate and New Republic come hand and hand. But I haven't directly talked to anyone about it.

Rasha Vill
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:03:30 AM
Another few Questions...

Where would I post stuff that happens in Rasha's office? Would it be in the main forums? or would it be in TSO Forums? and if it was in the TSO, would it be in Visitor, Sith Palace, Or the descusion chambers? Also will I be able to post as if I am the only non force user member of TSO or would I be considered an outsider?

Warlock
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:07:45 AM
Visitor, I think. So it's obvious that you aren't actually in the Sith Palace. You aren't considered a member of TSO obviously, but I think you would be welcome into the Palace, so long as you had a reason to be there.

Rasha Vill
Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:40:39 AM
Okay! I can work with that.

Dark Lord Rivin
Apr 15th, 2004, 01:30:56 PM
What is going on with the diplomatic thread to Sellona? Who are we waiting for to post?

Lady Vader
Apr 15th, 2004, 07:15:14 PM
Not... sure. Lemme post up a link so we know where we are:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34884

Well, I just posted with both LV and Saiynee. It's time now for the others. :)

Rasha Vill
Apr 16th, 2004, 11:52:03 AM
Okay I've done a long diplomatic spill of propaganda. I hope people don't find it too long winded.

Dasquian Belargic
May 31st, 2004, 11:38:49 AM
so whats going on here... who needs to post where

Rasha Vill
May 31st, 2004, 11:48:33 AM
It looks like LV's turn

AmazonBabe
Jun 1st, 2004, 05:10:50 PM
On it.

EDIT: Posted and posted. :)

Rasha Vill
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:00:05 PM
I'm going to wait for Consul Mrahas before posting anything else.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 9th, 2004, 05:40:41 AM
The Consul has spoken.

Lady Vader
Jun 9th, 2004, 05:51:05 PM
Now... shall we wait for Warlock to chime in, or shall i go ahead with LV and go sight seeing or something?

Dark Lord Rivin
Jun 11th, 2004, 10:54:01 AM
Doesn't matter to me. It's up to the two of you.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 12th, 2004, 03:31:01 AM
Go for it. Warlock is just listenign in the background :p

Lady Vader
Jun 17th, 2004, 05:23:10 PM
I posted!!!

Rasha Vill
Jun 17th, 2004, 05:28:10 PM
I'm not sure where else that thread is going. In the thread about plans for Drall I kinda said that they had not yet given a YES vote to joining TSO, so where does it go from here?

AmazonBabe
Jun 18th, 2004, 10:53:12 PM
Well, the thread in your office here will prob have to be during the time Selonia is thinking about things. It could be that they contact us in the Diplomat thread stating they need more time than just a few hours, so we depart for home, to which you go straight to work on Drall.

While we are in the process of making plans to go visit Dral, we can get a call from Selonia with their answer. All we need do is direct readers from the Diplomat thread to the one here and voila.

Did that make any sense?

Rasha Vill
Jun 19th, 2004, 03:27:18 PM
suprisingly Yes

Lady Vader
Jun 20th, 2004, 02:48:02 PM
Ok, good. Then that's how we can go about it then. :)