PDA

View Full Version : Yes, the rumors are true...

Darth007
Feb 28th, 2004, 06:50:29 PM
GoldenEye 2 (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/jamesbond007goldeneye2/index.html?tag=mp_2to9)

GoldenEye 2's story will follow a British secret agent who is dismissed from MI6's '00' (double-O) program for "reckless brutality." Like the fallen spy played by Sean Bean in GoldenEye the film, players will soon enter the criminal underworld. Eventually, they'll link up with Auric Goldfinger, considered by many to be the best Bond villain ever from the film that bears his name, Goldfinger. The game's goal will be to seize control of the "world's greatest criminal organization," which is presumably the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. crime syndicate.

So you're a bad guy, cool. But throw in Goldfinger and something not even from the movie? Why do they bother calling it Goldeneye? Whaddaya guys think?

ReaperFett
Feb 28th, 2004, 09:15:44 PM
Eventually, they'll link up with Auric Goldfinger, considered by many to be the best Bond villain ever from the film that bears his name, Goldfinger
I like how they had to say the movie name, as if it was called Auric :)

Darth007
Feb 28th, 2004, 10:04:34 PM
:lol

imported_Firebird1
Feb 28th, 2004, 11:30:57 PM
:D

They just want to make money... EA needs it bad seeing how they spend it on buying companies like Origin and Westwood and then shut them down....

Darth007
Feb 28th, 2004, 11:41:11 PM
Exactly. Every new game that EA pumps out just fuels my hate for them even more. They ruined every good series I liked. Command and Conquer was ruined with Generals(haha Charleys not gonna like that one), and they ruined the Bond franchise with TWINE and Agent Under Fire. I admit that they have gotten better with Nightfire, and I'm playing Everything or Nothing right now and its great.

But anyways, they're just trying to make a quick, easy buck without spending time to give the games quality. Especially by tacking on the Goldeneye name to this game, they obviously have already attracted a lot of fans of the original, and are hoping that enough people will buy the game just out of anticipation and because the first was one of the best games ever. But... I can't judge it this early on, EA might surprise us with something decent and fun. :rolleyes

ReaperFett
Feb 29th, 2004, 10:12:44 AM
I don't think it'll involve SPECTRE though. If it was, why wouldn't they use Blofeld?

Charley
Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:11:22 AM
Originally posted by Darth007
Exactly. Every new game that EA pumps out just fuels my hate for them even more. They ruined every good series I liked. Command and Conquer was ruined with Generals(haha Charleys not gonna like that one)

You're right. You're full of crap and we all know it.

Darth007
Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:38:08 PM
haha its just my opinion. Sure they have some good series like MOH and.. other stuff :p

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Mar 4th, 2004, 11:01:30 PM
They are responsible for Westood going out? Crap on them. I loved the Buried in Time series.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:29:41 AM
EA 'made' Alpha Centauri. I love them for that.

Darth Imperios
Mar 5th, 2004, 01:10:54 PM
EA sports = the reason I'm fat and can't play real sports anymore