PDA

View Full Version : Spar (Open)

Ace McCloud
Feb 25th, 2004, 09:21:37 PM
Ace sat on the bench in the training room, legs down and arms to his side. His eyes were closed as he began to focus his mind for an upcoming spar.

He had placed in the databanks a request for sparring partner this afternoon at this time. Anyone was invited, though perferably someone who he hadn't already sparred, but it didn't matter.

spada
Mar 7th, 2004, 08:12:22 PM
Spada quickly strode down the hallways of the training areas until he reached one of the rooms. He spotted a request in the databanks about a spar, and he decided to check it out. He did not know who he was fighting, but he knew that the only way for him to get better was to train, even against a much better opponent.

Ducking slightly, he entered the room and saw Ace McCloud sitting in meditation.

He must be the one who posted up the request. This is going to be tough.

Spada walked in front of him and waited until he came out of his meditation.

Ace McCloud
Mar 8th, 2004, 06:29:11 PM
"Greetings Spada," Ace said, with his eyes still closed. But he lowered his hood and opened his eyes after acknowledging the padawan.

Ace was hoping for a very equal sparring match, not to say that Spada wasn't a good fighter, but he was a new padawan. But he didn't mind, it would entertain him.

"Have you come to spar with me?"

spada
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:30:43 PM
"Yes, I noticed the request. Figured that I could get some good training in, and even if you are better than me, I'll get some experience."

he scanned the room and got a feeling of his surroundings. He removerd his cloak, folded it, and tossed it against the wall.

Ace McCloud
Mar 8th, 2004, 11:05:49 PM
"Very well," Ace nodded. "Strike at me when you are ready." Ace just stood there with his arms at his side and his cloak still on.

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 04:53:17 PM
Spada unceremoniously pulled his lightsaber hilt off his belt and turned it on, the dark green light dancing off the walls. He moved one of his fingers to a knob and turned it, slightly dimming the saber and weakening it for training. He held the saber in both hands by his right hip and charged towards Ace, feinting an attack lower at his hip and instead bringing his saber up a bit more and making a high strike towards Ace's chest. He used all his strength and momentum to make sure that Ace wouldn't be able to stop the attack.

Ace McCloud
Mar 9th, 2004, 05:17:30 PM
Ace didn't need to stop the attack. Without even removing his arms from under his cloak, he suavely stepped backwards the blade missing him by a good few inches.

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 05:47:26 PM
Spada's miss dissapointed him, but he did not stop the momentum. He continued to push foward and stabbed at Ace's stomach, moving his whole body foward so he could not back out of it.

Ace McCloud
Mar 9th, 2004, 05:56:12 PM
Again, without moving his hands, Ace merely turned his body and the entire saber and arm of Spada went flying by him - but not without a knee to the diaphram first. Spada's momentum carried him into Ace's speeding knee. They were now perpendicular.

"Don't rely on momentum so much, especially with a jab or stab."

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 06:08:33 PM
The knee from Ace shook up Spada, but didn't knock him over or slow him much. He flipped into the air over Ace and holding the saber handle by his head, he slashed in an X at Ace's head as he was upside-down over him.

Ace McCloud
Mar 9th, 2004, 06:10:07 PM
Ace dropped his stance immediatly. His knees now bent, he waited for Spada to land and reached out with his hand from under his cloak and hit Spada with a very strong force push, aiming to slam him agaisnt the wall.

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 06:18:25 PM
Spada landed lightly facing Ace and was about to slide the saber up at Ace's side when his hand finally came out of his pocket. Suddenly, he felt as if a speeder had crashed into his stomach and he began to fly backwards. However, he regained some control and lowered himself, rolling and coming up to a defensive stance facing Ace.

"Well, at least you finally showed me a hand."

he cautiously moved foward in a defensive position, ready for another one of Ace's many tricks.

Ace McCloud
Mar 9th, 2004, 06:24:46 PM
Ace smirked as he stood. He hoped Spada was in for beating because he sure wanted to give one. It was great stress reliever. He now reliezed that having Spada as a sparing partner right now was perfect and alot of fun.

Without moving his hands, Ace reached out with the force to one of the small training droids in the corner. It was to the 3 oclock of Spada and it quickly flew at Spada's head. But as he was reacting to the droid attack, Ace stepped forward and thrust kicked at his chin.

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 06:29:58 PM
It was Spada's turn to get tricky. He sensed that the droid was coming at his head, and he prepared to get out of the way when suddenly he sensed that something else was coming at him. He turned to see Ace about to kick his face. He thought an instant, and simply ducked. The droid flew over his head, and he hoped to cause Ace's missed kick to connect with the training droid. As he ducked, he slid one foot out and attempted to kick out Ace's legs out from under him.

Ace McCloud
Mar 9th, 2004, 06:33:34 PM
A skilled fighter in the arts of form 4, it was natural for Ace to use the force to propel his movements. He had to admit Spada's move was a good one and figured it would work agaisnt just about anyone. However, form 4 practicioners were a much different breed.

Ace swung his left foot around(the one he used to kick with), jumped off his right foot. He spun around quickly landing back on his left foot, then continued to spin with a swift roundhouse towards Spada's head.

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 06:46:28 PM
Spada did not have time to get back up and the kick impacted with his head. He slid across the ground on his side, but stood slowly after sliding a few feet.

He ran towards Ace and tried something new. Focusing the force, he began to push his running quicker and picked up a great deal of speed. He held his saber down at his right side and kicked at the side of Ace's knee with his left leg. Bringing his saber from his right hip up to Ace's left hip, he hoped to immobilize Ace's leg to sandwich him between two attacks.

Ace McCloud
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:08:14 PM
Ace brought his right leg up and blocked the kick with his own leg. Finally, he reached out with his hand. His lightsaber flew open quickly and blocked the saber attack.

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:15:40 PM
Spada rolled his saber around Ace's and made a few quick jabs near Ace's wrist. He twisted his saber to the inside, tapped off the inside of Ace's saber, and made a flick towards Ace's right hip, rotating his feet towards Ace's right side at the same time so he would be able to stop Ace's saber if he made an attempt to hit Spada's undefended shoulder.

Ace McCloud
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:47:05 PM
Ace smirked, not doing anything but blocking as he foolishly fiddled with striking at his wrists. But then he made his attack to his right hip. Ace rolled his saber around and blocked the attack. His hilt was in the air, pointed down at 45 degrees blocking Spada's attack.

But rather than sticking around in there, Ace decided to pull out some more form 4 moves. He pushed Spada's saber away and used the force to propell his movements. Ace twisted his body around and did a flip/cartwheel thing in the air, using his legs momentum to bring him around. He landed at the very corner of the wall, putting him in the perfect position to launch himself upwards. And he did so, pushing off of the floor and the wall and using the force to move him. Ace launched himself in a perfect arc to land almost straight ontop of Spada. He made it look like he would attack as he came down, however, instead of attacking, he landed right infront of Spada and launced himself in the air and over him again. Ace landed softly and struck at the back of Spada. If he could somehow pull of an amazing block, he would continue with his attack. But if he could not block the well placed attack then he would stop inches from Spada's body.

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:52:31 PM
Spada became ery on edge from the movements of Ace, but Spada figured that the stab towards his back could be blocked by simple vibroblade moves. He brought the saber over his head and swung it just as it came towards his back, knocking it off its course, but instead sending it towards his ribs. Ace stopped the attack just before it hit his skin and Spada said,

"Well played."

Ace McCloud
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:57:21 PM
Ace stood up, retracting the beam on his saber.

"Indeed, you did very well. I would have figured a block around the back would be the only solution, however your force senses are not enough in-tune yet to block perfectly accurately."

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 09:02:59 PM
"Yes, I've been working on focusing with the force more. I am trying to apply it to my lightsaber fighting."

Spada turned and faced Ace, holding the saber point-down as he continued,

"When last I saw you, you had no master. You must be very disciplined to train yourself so well."

Spada twirled his saber as he spoke, creatling a transparent wall of green light.