PDA

View Full Version : Bestine OOC

imported_Reshmar
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:18:14 AM
I figured we would start a new thread for the bestine stuff. Im sure noone minds.

Battlestation taken out. I have begun my NPC killing spree. Ill do the Mon Lorrar and its untimly death since I have Mores on it but once it is gone Captain Drecker will be take over defense I beleave. ??? Mabey on one of the Assualt frigates or something and assume command after the Lorrar is gone. :( poor Commodore Mores. >D

Tear
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:59:34 AM
Your post was awesome by the way Reshmar. Top quality stuff

Teleran Balades
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:22:20 AM
You really do love killing off NPCs don't you.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:59:06 AM
Heh, Reshmar is king of killing off NPCs. Hell, they're red-shirts...nobody pays attention to them, and their crowning achievement is being killed in one of our threads. :lol

Jarek T'chort
Feb 24th, 2004, 08:42:58 AM
ok so it's all opened up now, if anyone has any problems whatsoever with any posts then they should be posted and we can disscus them and sort it out. The quality of the posts is top notch, great job guys.

Redic Scott
Feb 24th, 2004, 03:17:33 PM
I was wondering if I could come back and command one of the ships at the battle?

spada
Feb 24th, 2004, 06:31:47 PM
I take it that you have to be in command of a fleet to be on this thread... :( aww I actually read it and wanted to say it really is good. you dont see a battle RP as organized as the one here. :thumbup good work and I wish/hope my lonesome can join

Xazor Elessar
Feb 24th, 2004, 06:38:32 PM
Yeah, Resh, then (as Zara) I'll take over the defense. :) I'll get on that ASAP, just gotta clear somethings up (in my reading of the few threads going on here and whatnot) and then I'll be set. :)

Tear
Feb 24th, 2004, 11:36:11 PM
Maybe we should write down the posting order after Reshmar kills off the redshirts:p so we arent waiting on people who dont know they are being waited on or any confusion that might occur

Travis North
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:09:16 AM
I'll post don't worry. Just a little bit of writer's block.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 25th, 2004, 09:18:01 AM
Posting order would be good so I know if you guys are going to wait for me or not. :)

Teleran Balades
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:44:36 PM
Since Reshmar wants to torch Mores to get you in charge I'll do the next post, you or Reshmar can have the next, it's up to you.

I just can't stop thinking that using the torpedoes that the Auroras have is godmoding. As a character Tel would do anything to win, but behind the console I think it's cheating.

-edit-

Please don't post, I have mine half written up, but I have hockey game to go to. I don't want to start from scratch again.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 25th, 2004, 08:48:06 PM
Okay, I won't post, don't worry. Resh should probably go before me, and then it could be my turn. :)

Admiral Hagen
Feb 26th, 2004, 06:06:25 AM
Best order would be:

Reshmar
Teleran
Tie
Hagen
Xazor
Travis
and Ace if he's still doing this...?

I think that Tear, Darrian and myself (As Tchort I'll rp the Imp ground attack), since we are on the ground, should follow a looser set of posting order. It'd help if in direct actions against another character we quote them of make an OOC note at the top of the post indicating who we are reacting to.

imported_Reshmar
Feb 26th, 2004, 10:11:34 AM
Ok Xazor has the defense fleet now. I plan of doing some random posts which may be out of order but they will be none important to the battle. Just some stuff aboutt the remaininig crew of the Lorrar trying to survive while the battle rages type of stuff. also a litlle more on the batlestation. Ill also be working up to Reshmars entrance as well. but like i said all of this will be unimportant to the battle at this point. Just some character stuff. I still have to do something with Krist. Also if Xazor dosnt mind I want to use the Dread which is linked to the station. She is more them welcome to use some of the Orishma Task force ships in return once they arrive.

imported_Reshmar
Feb 26th, 2004, 10:47:13 AM
Ok Due to lack of sleep and 2 days at work which were less then ideal I have managed to get my NPC fodder confussed. Krist was the Commodore on the Lorrar and MOres is on the gunship. I have edited all my posts. Just clearing that up.

imported_Reshmar
Feb 26th, 2004, 04:12:29 PM
Ok as far as what is left for Xazor and the defense fleet.

Claymore (Assualt Frigate)
Intrepid (Neb B)
Hilku (Neb B)
Harcrow (Corellian Gunship)
Jutland (Corellian Gunship)
Rattler (Corellian Gunship)
Grizzly (Corellian Gunship)

Old Iornsides (Dreadnaught)
2 X wing Squadrons from battle station
2 X wing Squadrons From Mon Lorrar
4 b wings from mon lorrar
6 a wings from Mon Lorar

Thats what I havnt killed yet. I have fallen behind on my NPC slaying.

Acting Captain Scott (commander scott) will command Group 3 of the Mon Orishma Task force consiting of
Guardian (Assualt Frigate)
Avenger (Corellian Gunship)
Glasgow (Corellian Gunship)

Group one Commanded by Reshmar
Artanis (MC-90)
Monarch (Refitted Dreadnaught)
Prompt (Refitted Dreadnaught)
Mortus (Corellian Gunship)
Gurtosk (Corellian Gunship)

Group Two comanded by lion if he wants
Flame of Rebellion (MC-80b)
Restless (Assualt Frigate)
Freedoms Cry (Corellian Gunship)
Hornet (Corellian Gunship)

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 27th, 2004, 09:01:38 AM
I'll take group two. I'll be running it with the character "Simulator"...

...which is actually the character I use for the fighter-pilot training threads, but I'm sure nobody cares, and I don't want to confuse people by making another character. :lol

Group Two:
Commander: Captain Kimari (Human male, Svivren)
MC-80b Flame of Rebellion
Assault Frigate Restless
Corellian Gunship Freedom's Cry
Corellian Gunship Hornet (Jeez! The name Hornet has slid all the way from World War II aircraft carrier to a lowly Corellian Gunship. :D)

imported_Reshmar
Feb 27th, 2004, 10:52:33 AM
I could have called it JUNO or Simms

Vhiran Crescent
Feb 27th, 2004, 08:02:59 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Hagen
Best order would be:

Reshmar
Teleran
Tie
Hagen
Xazor
Travis
and Ace if he's still doing this...?

I think that Tear, Darrian and myself (As Tchort I'll rp the Imp ground attack), since we are on the ground, should follow a looser set of posting order. It'd help if in direct actions against another character we quote them of make an OOC note at the top of the post indicating who we are reacting to.

Yea I'm still in. But maybe i should go after Tie, as I am that fleet.

Jarek T'chort
Feb 28th, 2004, 06:11:01 AM
Ok revised order:
Reshmar
Teleran
Tie
Vhiran
Hagen
Xazor
Travis
Lion

Travis North
Feb 28th, 2004, 06:53:30 AM
Wait as I should go right after Tie and Vhiran since I'll be for the most part the Imperial fighters. Don't forget Tear and Darriann either.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 28th, 2004, 08:05:17 AM
Righto. Does "Lion" mean this account, my "Simulator" account, or both of them? I'm going to be using my "Simulator" account to RP the third part of Reshmar's battlegroup. :D

Vhiran Crescent
Feb 28th, 2004, 11:22:01 AM
Right well Im waiting on the specs of Tie's fleet and what exactly ill be in command of. I should probably get that later today or tonight.

Teleran Balades
Feb 28th, 2004, 12:53:40 PM
Xazor please take the next post.

Zara Drecker
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:05:52 AM
Okay, will do. :)

Sorry about the delay, I had a busy weekend. :\

Zara Drecker
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:35:53 AM
Question:

When you guys told me to pick a ship in the defense, were you talking about stuff like....Claymore, perhaps?

If no one has taken it, can I Captain that ship?

I just need a place to start from and then I can get my post up. :)

Jarek T'chort
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:39:31 AM
That's fine.

btw I think the thread should really be kept to just these accounts from now on. No one else can participate because it will get pretty confusing and the posting order will be crazy.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:35:13 AM
Sounds like a plan, J. :) Thanks.

Yeah, I agree about the accounts and all. It'll get very confusing and the storyline will fall apart if we don't keep it to those who are here. :)

Xazor Elessar
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:36:25 AM
BTW, I'll reply later today.

Tiberius Anar
Mar 1st, 2004, 03:16:56 PM
When this is over I will handle the political fall out. Announce that Bestine has been annexed or, God forbid, the Sov lost and put a brave face on it. *jabs Hagen* You here!

Vhiran Crescent
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:04:05 PM
Question: Generally how many fighters are there in a squadron? I need this before I can post really.

Travis North
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:08:38 PM
12 fighters in a squadron, 3 fighters in a flight(usually)

Teleran Balades
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:14:11 PM
As far as I know and read I agree with Travis, though most of my source have 4 fighters in a flight. Oh, and 6 squadrons in a wing.

Travis North
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:23:07 PM
1 lead 2 wingman. Or so I go by, flying in TIE Fighter and all. In the books I usually read 3 fighters in a flight as well but I also only read 3 flights in a squadron. But all squadrons are 12 in standard starfighter groups.

imported_STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:38:12 PM
Sorry guys posted with this id instead of Reshmar. just ignore it and go on

Jarek T'chort
Mar 1st, 2004, 08:40:57 PM
I saw your post and was all - "the chiss are coming!" ;)

Tear
Mar 1st, 2004, 09:08:28 PM
haha

Xaz'
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:55:21 PM
Hey guys!

I have half a post written on my word processor, and I'll finish it tomorrow and then post. :)

Sorry for taking so long but thanks for being patient with me. :)

*goes off to sleep*

:zzz

Jarek T'chort
Mar 4th, 2004, 06:39:45 AM
:Poke

Xaz, if you are too busy to do the rp its ok, you can join at a later date or something. Cuz otherwise the rp will lose momentum.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 4th, 2004, 09:23:34 AM
Sorry dude, I finished my post (but I'm at school right now and don't have it here, it's on my comp at home) and I'll post it after school tonight, okay? :)

Just got caught up with some tests, but they're done now. :)

Sorry again for the wait.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 4th, 2004, 12:02:54 PM
np. RL comes first. :)

imported_Reshmar
Mar 5th, 2004, 02:58:16 PM
Its cool Xaz I think the space battle was getting ahead of itself. The ground forces could post some. I think we were leaving them behind. Also once Xaz does post we still have to get the bulk of the Sov fleet in the system and get more troops on the ground. My group is 36 hours behind the Last Imperial group anyway. Gives them along time to clear the defense fleet and land more troops.

Teleran Balades
Mar 5th, 2004, 03:49:49 PM
Yeah, Jarek and Danik deserve some ground-pounding fun. Since I have no experiance with large-army based tactics, I guess I'll some NPCing for minor untis, say like Stormtrooper squads boarding the Golan, or whatever odd jobs need to be done.

Oh, I just remembered that there are several new ship designs that I would like to test out in an RP. Nothing serious, just a few minor raids to see the ships' potential. Ideas?

Tear
Mar 6th, 2004, 02:14:20 AM
oOok..Im going to be posting later today if you do or not Xaz. Fair warning.:)

Ace McCloud
Mar 6th, 2004, 12:37:29 PM
Did you get a new avatar Tear? Random question of the thread.

Tear
Mar 6th, 2004, 03:29:28 PM
lol yeah I added some stuff and fiddled with the picture to make it look better. Just gotta find a place to host my signature and ill be set:)

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 6th, 2004, 05:49:24 PM
Excellent, everybody. Lion dropped his Jedi training temporarily, because he knew that the New Republic was going to need him. I'll be devoting all of my time to Fleet RPing from now on. :D

Tear, may I suggest Photobucket.com? They're fast, give free image hosting, allow hotlinking, and all that other fun stuff. As long as your sig is less than 250Kb, you're set. :lol

Tear
Mar 6th, 2004, 06:29:17 PM
wow Awesome Lion thanks alot

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 6th, 2004, 06:36:51 PM
No problem...I happened upon it a few days ago, after months (literally) of searching for a good image hosting service that supported hotlinking to forums. Now pray that this guy doesn't run out of money! :lol

Incidentally, SWFans.Net is sending me a PM...*Feels apprehensive* ^_^;

Xazor Elessar
Mar 6th, 2004, 07:51:49 PM
Okay, I'll be posting in a little while (just gotta finish up some last little details and some laundry :x)

Thanks for being so patient everyone, it's just getting on my feet again that's a bit rough. :\

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 7th, 2004, 01:15:51 AM
No problem. You're back, and that's what's important! :lol

~Lion~

Zara Drecker
Mar 7th, 2004, 12:46:10 PM
I posted guys! :D

Teleran Balades
Mar 7th, 2004, 04:22:07 PM
Yay

Ace McCloud
Mar 7th, 2004, 07:43:11 PM
Woo

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 8th, 2004, 06:49:24 AM
Excellent post, Xaz. Thanks for the effort. :D

Ace McCloud
Mar 8th, 2004, 06:24:21 PM
Travis, I believe youre up

Xazor Elessar
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:00:51 PM
*Bows*

Thank you Lion! :D

This is gonna be fun! ;)

Teleran Balades
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:51:41 PM
You know what I just realized. It's Xaz's frigates and gunships vs 2 Aurora's. Not very fair odds even after the small amount of damage they took from Lorrar.

Travis North
Mar 8th, 2004, 09:04:37 PM
I'll post tuesday night.

Mar 9th, 2004, 04:20:26 AM
1 assualt frig 2 neb bs and 6 gunships
also there is a dread. it under the command of lieutenant krist will be in the way of your fleet soon
not that it will last long.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 9th, 2004, 09:09:53 AM
Sorry Tel, I'm sure we can fix that up in a jiffy. ;)

Jarek T'chort
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:28:15 PM
Originally posted by Teleran Balades
You know what I just realized. It's Xaz's frigates and gunships vs 2 Aurora's. Not very fair odds even after the small amount of damage they took from Lorrar.

Well you have the whole of Hagen's fleet moving in, so it ends up fairly even.

Teleran Balades
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:49:39 PM
Originally posted by Xazor Elessar
Sorry Tel, I'm sure we can fix that up in a jiffy. ;)

We'll see. :lol

Originally posted by Jarek Tchort
Well you have the whole of Hagen's fleet moving in, so it ends up fairly even.

I meant unfair for them. I have another 300 torpedoes per Aurora, not that I would use them.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 9th, 2004, 04:21:53 PM
I agree with Teleran. Even though the Aurora is fairly torpedo-heavy, it is still well armed with turbolaser batteries and shields. IIRC, it took the combined efforts of 6 Katana-fleet Dreadnaughts firing ion cannon to fry a normal ISD's circuits enough that Luke and Lando were able to slam another dreadnaught into her...

...and unless Xaz wants to kamikaze her assault frigate, I doubt that plan would work. :lol

Still, be creative! That's the whole point of this thread.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Mar 9th, 2004, 04:57:51 PM
I remember I did that with a gunship on an ISD. Man did I get a speech about honor on that. Although it was a good idea considering all I had was:

Me:
1 Corellian Gunship
1 Neb Frigate (Medical)
1 Command shuttle (Me not in battle)
1 X-wing squadron
1 A-wing squadron

Them:
1 ISD (Was baring down on the frigate)
2 Interceptor Squadrons
1 Fighter Squadron

What would you have done?

Keep in mind this was back in my SWG board days (Pre-Launch). Good times save the stupid Jedi Smuggler messing up my RP, it was a good one too Vhiran knows. Crazy Jedi.... *Trails off*.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Mar 9th, 2004, 05:05:07 PM
I wanna post as Travis after Vhiran considering me and him are starfighters. Is that alright.

I posted as ground forces aswell.

TieFighterPilot181st
Mar 10th, 2004, 10:18:42 AM
Hey Reshmar when doyou think your fleet is going to jump in, because mine has to arrive some time after yours.

imported_Reshmar
Mar 10th, 2004, 02:54:39 PM
I was kinda waiting on the ground guys to catch up. I am 36 hours Behind then 2nd Imperial fleet IC. That would give them time to pretty much take care of the defense fleet and land troops. We could change things I guess and get there alittle sooner. But I dont really want too. I would like to see the ground battle start unfolding alittle. Up to everyone else i guess. Ideas?

imported_Reshmar
Mar 10th, 2004, 04:07:20 PM
Hey everyone im not trying to be a Post hog. Just got lots of stuff to do before I can bring my fleet in.

Teleran Balades
Mar 10th, 2004, 09:06:13 PM
Don't worry about posting moore than we do. You have three seperate groups to post for.

I think shortening the time would be a good thing for xaz's ships. But I will give us less time to get the captured and repaired.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 11th, 2004, 11:10:12 PM
I'm just waiting on a good chance to hop in again. :)

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread and here -- if you've got a suggestion for when I should poke my head in again, lemme know. :)

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 12th, 2004, 08:58:45 AM
Does anybody want me posting right now? Besides taking command of group 3 (which won't be necessary until it drops out of hyperspace, :lol), I believe that all of Lion's involvement in this RP won't be until later.

I'd post the numbers for the fleet I'm arriving in, but I want to see how the battle goes a bit...if my compatriots do better than I thought, I don't want to arrive with too strong of a force. Good job everybody, keep this thread rolling.

imported_Reshmar
Mar 12th, 2004, 03:00:33 PM
Before I do that Xaz should post a defense post once more and I want to wrap up the dread story with Tear. He wants the dread bad. :lol

Something about dragging it home and hanging it on his wall

Teleran Balades
Mar 12th, 2004, 06:41:10 PM
I was writing up my post and realized I don't have a clue which ship Xaz is commanding, the Neb or one of the frigates. I don't wnat to toast the wrong ship.

I'm going to hold off posting my part so the defensive fleet can have the first few shots, draging out the Lorrar in one post really put a dent in their fire-power.

Mar 13th, 2004, 01:18:05 AM
She is on the Assualt frigate I beleave.

Teleran Balades
Mar 14th, 2004, 01:46:08 PM
Good then I can smite the Neb.

Teleran Balades
Mar 17th, 2004, 07:13:14 AM
The thread is losing momentum quickly. If no one post by the time I get back from school, I'll take the next post. I'll

Tiberius Anar
Mar 17th, 2004, 03:24:20 PM
Danik has posted. He has begun landing his troops.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 17th, 2004, 04:21:57 PM
Okay guys, I'm back from my three day vacation. :\ I'll reply asap -- oh, and I'm on the Claymore.

:)

Teleran Balades
Mar 17th, 2004, 04:49:18 PM
I will not be able to post this weekend. My hockey team has the final tournament of the year.

Mar 18th, 2004, 01:20:03 AM
that gives the ground forces till next week to wrap up there part and catch up with the space battle sounds good. i will plan on bringing in reshmars fleet wed of next week

Jarek T'chort
Mar 18th, 2004, 07:26:27 AM
so whos up next?

Tear
Mar 18th, 2004, 03:46:19 PM
Will Danik posted..I did, we are both ground forces which leaves you to land your forces and maybe do something with Hagan to take out the defending fleet before the counter attack arrives.

Teleran Balades
Mar 18th, 2004, 05:32:17 PM
I'll take next post, I have it half written..again...and I'll try to post it this evening(CST). I took a lot of time IMing Tear about R&D, so I didn't have time to finish before hockey practice.^_^;

Teleran Balades
Mar 19th, 2004, 04:35:23 PM
Sorry about not posting, my dad wants to get going. I'll try to post be Sunday night, no guarantee though.

Ace McCloud
Mar 21st, 2004, 08:17:45 PM
Sorry about not posting if it was my turn, I was on a 10 day vacation to the beach and didn't have much computer access(About 30 minutes total and it wasn't my post yet) Anyhow I'm back now and should be posting ASAP

-Vhiran

Teleran Balades
Mar 22nd, 2004, 03:56:35 PM
Alright, I posted. Sorry about the wait.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:30:53 PM
I'm so sorry guys. :( I don't know where to fall in at this point -- I gave my opening post and things just keep progressing without me or my ship. I want to jump in, but I don't want to ruin anything or mess up anything people had going on.

I guess just tell me where you want me to go with it and I will. :)

Travis North
Mar 22nd, 2004, 05:37:02 PM
Back from my holidays. Will post ASAP which is probably tuesday night.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 22nd, 2004, 07:09:43 PM
Originally posted by Xazor Elessar
I'm so sorry guys. :( I don't know where to fall in at this point -- I gave my opening post and things just keep progressing without me or my ship. I want to jump in, but I don't want to ruin anything or mess up anything people had going on.

I guess just tell me where you want me to go with it and I will. :)

anytime is fine, you won't be upsetting anything =)

Teleran Balades
Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:04:03 PM
Just start pounding on my ships.

Try to save Intrepid if you can.>D

imported_Reshmar
Mar 22nd, 2004, 11:57:16 PM
I will post the Mon Orisham TF entering the battle wed night / thursday morning

Xazor Elessar
Mar 24th, 2004, 04:37:02 PM
:lol

Okay, I'm trying to save Intrepid now, you brat. ;) :mneh

You're hurting the ships feelings!!! :p Shoot me instead! ;) Just kidding guys....

guys....? :lol

Mar 27th, 2004, 12:05:19 PM
it apears my reshmar account logged in on its own and edited my post. Odd I do think. anybody know anything about this?

Mar 27th, 2004, 12:13:17 PM
hum........ says I replies at 7:11 this morning. I was way way asleep then. I beleave my reshmar acount is haunted

Teleran Balades
Mar 27th, 2004, 02:17:04 PM
Good, I'm not halucinating. I saw the same thing and was trying tp figure out what the heck was different with the post.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 29th, 2004, 07:24:57 PM
Whos up next?

Teleran Balades
Mar 29th, 2004, 08:24:54 PM
This is where things will start getting confusing. I think all of the fleet RPers should post what ships they are in command of and what they are attacking to avoid complete confusion. I'll keep a list of imperial ships that are damaged and destroyed.

here's my part:

Aurora Star Destroyer Feanor(Manuevering thrusters damaged)- attacking Intrepid

Aurora Star Destroyer Malice(undamaged)- attacking Intrepid

Travis North
Mar 30th, 2004, 06:18:44 AM
Me in both accounts I think.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 31st, 2004, 10:01:33 AM
Hagen:
Imperial Mk IV Star Destroyer Antiphas - Flagship
Imperial Mk IV Star Destroyer Leon } All ISD's in formation just ahead of the Interdictors, fighting off two gunships and a fighter wing.
Imperial Mk IV Star Destroyer Barzel
Imperial Mk IV Star Destroyer Abrogator
Nebulon B-II frigate Princeps
Nebulon B-II frigate Claudia }all Nebulons in flanking positions around the ISD's.
Nebulon B frigate Onius
Nebulon B frigate Ovid
Three Interdictor Cruisers - maintaining net.
six Lancer Mk II frigates. - all Lancers flanking the ISD's

With the arrival of Orishima, Hagens fleet will engage them, leaving Teleran's Aurora's to finish off the defense fleet and that pesky Dreadnaught.

Teleran Balades
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:24:09 PM
Originally posted by Reshmar

Claymore (Assualt Frigate)
Intrepid (Neb B)
Hilku (Neb B)
Harcrow (Corellian Gunship)
Jutland (Corellian Gunship)
Rattler (Corellian Gunship)
Grizzly (Corellian Gunship)

Old Iornsides (Dreadnaught)
2 X wing Squadrons from battle station
2 X wing Squadrons From Mon Lorrar
4 b wings from mon lorrar
6 a wings from Mon Lorar

Guardian (Assualt Frigate)
Avenger (Corellian Gunship)
Glasgow (Corellian Gunship)

Artanis (MC-90)
Monarch (Refitted Dreadnaught)
Prompt (Refitted Dreadnaught)
Mortus (Corellian Gunship)
Gurtosk (Corellian Gunship)

Flame of Rebellion (MC-80b)
Restless (Assualt Frigate)
Freedoms Cry (Corellian Gunship)
Hornet (Corellian Gunship)

This is what the Republic has in system, right?

Jarek T'chort
Apr 1st, 2004, 04:27:59 PM
oh and Redic - can you tell us which ships you are attacking?

Xazor Elessar
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:14:52 PM
Should I post again soon? I am just waiting for the go-ahead again...I don't want to get in the way. :mneh

Tear
Apr 1st, 2004, 05:35:13 PM
Travis get your republic hind in gear! and post

Teleran Balades
Apr 1st, 2004, 07:43:55 PM
Sorry Xaz, I was going to post, but never got myself motivated. Writer's block and Spring Break don't go together well.

Apr 2nd, 2004, 01:58:30 AM
yeah that is what the NR has in system.

Apr 2nd, 2004, 02:00:09 AM
Ties group will be in in a few posts dont forget about it.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:23:46 PM
And I'm still here, quietly observing from the sidelines...

...and quite happy with the thread. :lol

Jarek T'chort
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:58:42 PM
Seems to have narrowed down to a few people posting now. :(

TieFighterPilot181st
Apr 3rd, 2004, 05:18:07 PM
Im going to post soon. Probably when the fight in space dissolves from an ordered engagement into a bar brawl kind of thing.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 3rd, 2004, 07:13:50 PM
Don't worry, it'll get going again. I think a few people ran off for the moment because it was looking to scripted...once your beautifully orchestrated plan breaks apart, people will rejoin. :D

Travis North
Apr 5th, 2004, 04:45:38 PM
I'M BACK!!! FOR SURE!!! Must resist urge to sleep or play SWG or BF Vietnam.

Teleran Balades
Apr 5th, 2004, 05:31:54 PM
Yah, my fighter commander is back.

imported_Darriann Sollak
Apr 5th, 2004, 06:04:20 PM
Yay me. I posted as Darriann and after I eat and finish some other work I'll post as Travis.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 5th, 2004, 07:02:43 PM
Hurrah. Nice to have you back.

Ok, so Lion, when are you planning to show up over Bestine?

Travis North
Apr 5th, 2004, 07:23:37 PM
I'm sorry I wont be able to post as Travis tonight. I have some other things to catch up on. Tuesday for sure.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 6th, 2004, 05:43:24 AM
It really depends. I don't know if my arrival should coincide with Tie's, or if I should arrive a little later. It might be less confusing if I show up with Tie; however it's unlikely that my battlegroup could have reached Bestine that quickly. Whatever you guys want. :lol

TieFighterPilot181st
Apr 6th, 2004, 12:35:20 PM
I think you should arrive last having come all the way from Coruscant. Besides i thought your battlegroup was supposed to cover a withdrawal since we're going to lose the planet.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 6th, 2004, 05:11:38 PM
Yes. I just need to know what we define as 'badly losing', lol. :D

Travis North
Apr 6th, 2004, 06:57:37 PM
A retreat with heavy casualties and 2/3rds of a fleet lost.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 9th, 2004, 04:56:18 AM
Sounds painful. ^_^;

The Senate is going to give us authorization to go to war for sure! :D

Teleran Balades
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:42:11 AM
Who's next?

Redic Scott
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:53:25 AM
I just posted so, I have no idea. I think the imps are next, one of your commanders has to react to our ships closing in on your one ISD.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:04:44 AM
Travis needs to post. Then I'm up as Hagen with the reaction to your fleet.

Redic Scott
Apr 9th, 2004, 09:13:55 AM
alright, sounds good to me

imported_Reshmar
Apr 9th, 2004, 12:18:41 PM
I will be posting Saturday or sunday

imported_Reshmar
Apr 9th, 2004, 12:20:17 PM
Badly losing = Reshmar Peeved

Travis North
Apr 9th, 2004, 07:36:42 PM
I'll post first thing tommorow. For sure. I'm just having a streak of not knowing what to write mixed with being bored.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 9th, 2004, 08:19:30 PM
If you don't mind, can somebody give me a heads up when it's my turn to post? I'd like to slip in a post about my fleet being in hyperspace, and preparing to go to battle...i.e, "all pilots log 2 hours in the simulator, get a minimum 6 hours rest" or something along those lines.

imported_Reshmar
Apr 10th, 2004, 12:18:25 AM
Ill be sure to let you know Boss Man. Mabey there will be something left of the Imps for you after I get done with them.:lol

or better yet. mabey there will be enohg left of us to run when you show us the door. :\

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 10th, 2004, 01:11:21 AM
Don't worry...it'll be a nice, big door...

...a door flanked by MC-90s and Assault Frigates! ^_^;

imported_Reshmar
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:42:20 AM
Ok my currant Task force formation is as fallows coming into the battle.

Formation

Avenger / Freedom / Hornet
Glasgow / Restless
Guardian / Falme Of rebelion

Prompt
Mortus / Monarch / Gurtosk
Artanis

the best guess I have as to where system wise we are

Orishma TF

Hagen

Defense Fleet / Auroras
Old Iornsides

Bestine

I know thats crude but it works for me . does this look about right to everyone?

:huh

Tear
Apr 12th, 2004, 04:24:35 AM
lol simple things work. That looks pretty accurate to me good job Resh.

I think Teleran is between the defense fleet and Hagan too.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 12th, 2004, 05:23:43 AM
If you were to include me on that map, that post with be a mile long, since I'm several thousand lightyears out-system. :lol

Jarek T'chort
Apr 12th, 2004, 06:07:51 AM
That looks great Resh. Heres Hagens ships:

imported_Reshmar
Apr 12th, 2004, 09:56:30 AM
oh you got to go and one up me huh . :lol thats cool now i know where to aim.
which ship is your NPC on again?

TieFighterPilot181st
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:01:40 PM
Im going to let the serious turbolaser fire happen before i drop in just so you guys know.

Teleran Balades
Apr 13th, 2004, 03:07:37 PM
Xaz, you can post at anytime, we're seperate from the other NR and SOV forces.

Travis, where ever the heck you are, post for crying out loud.

Travis North
Apr 14th, 2004, 02:42:55 PM
Shoot me down in a hail of gunfire if I don't post today. I'm busy playing BF Vietnam online. Plus I have two books to read for school.

Travis North
Apr 14th, 2004, 03:42:51 PM
Well I posted. Now I just need to think up my next move.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 22nd, 2004, 05:30:30 AM
whos next?

Teleran Balades
Apr 22nd, 2004, 06:09:47 AM
Xaz, I would think

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:16:49 PM
out of curiosity, when is this thread going to be finished? I have a chancellor's daughter to seduce at the victory ball/celebration >D

Teleran Balades
Apr 24th, 2004, 04:48:52 PM
Xaz, post please.

S'il I have no idea when we'll be done.

Travis North
Apr 24th, 2004, 05:04:45 PM
I believe a wrench may be required.

Teleran Balades
Apr 24th, 2004, 09:57:48 PM
We ought to make a rule to restrict that to Imp forums, it's bad enough there. I can't believe I invented it.

Travis North
Apr 25th, 2004, 06:17:10 AM
Imperial Forums Wrench Rules
-Can only be used on Travis. (Even if he hasn't done anything)
-Travis cannot escape a wrenching. No matter how beleiveable his escape is.
-Travis cannot fight back unless it's against Tear.
-Stun Battons don't effect high ranking officers.
-No negotiations can take place in a wrench beating. (Well they can they just don't work)
-If you want to get out of a wrenching Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (To my understanding)

Teleran Balades
Apr 25th, 2004, 08:28:24 AM
:lol

Jarek T'chort
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:48:06 AM
I'd like it if Bestine could be within sight of being finished this month... TIE, if you want to jump in now, do so, cuz then we can get the thing moving again.

imported_Reshmar
Apr 27th, 2004, 10:52:15 AM
Im just waiting on hagen to post again. I see no reson since I Scott and hagen are seperate from The other groups we cant post more. So once you post with hagen I would be happy to post.

TieFighterPilot181st
Apr 27th, 2004, 11:32:41 AM
alright ill jump in now then.

Teleran Balades
Apr 27th, 2004, 03:08:28 PM
I'm still waiting for Xaz to post.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 27th, 2004, 04:01:13 PM
Originally posted by Reshmar
Im just waiting on hagen to post again. I see no reson since I Scott and hagen are seperate from The other groups we cant post more. So once you post with hagen I would be happy to post.

/edit/ done.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 28th, 2004, 04:34:38 AM
Lion's posting his run-up post. It'll be that post, and then next post my fleet barges in and shows Reshmar the door. :lol

TieFighterPilot181st
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:23:01 PM
Whats going to happen next after Bestine?

Travis North
Apr 28th, 2004, 02:58:52 PM
Umm.. Nothing.. Uhh. Ya... Nothing.>D

TieFighterPilot181st
Apr 28th, 2004, 03:46:24 PM
isnt Bestine the beginning of some massive Imperial offensive campaign tho?

Travis North
Apr 28th, 2004, 04:39:26 PM
Who told you?! Who's your spy?!

To my knowledge yes.

TieFighterPilot181st
Apr 28th, 2004, 04:44:37 PM
i forgot who told me but somehow one way or another i did.

Teleran Balades
Apr 28th, 2004, 05:12:07 PM
The next stage for my flight group is to assualt Vulvarch. It's an unaligned system so i think we're going to NPC the defense.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 28th, 2004, 08:13:25 PM
Ooooh.....sounds fun. :D

I think Bestine may quite possibly be the first ever completed thread based primarily on Fleet RPing. We're gonna make history! ^_^;

Travis North
Apr 28th, 2004, 08:24:41 PM
Wow history as the first fleet thread to be completed which shatters a long history of pease.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 28th, 2004, 08:47:21 PM
Not only a long history of peace, but also a long history of mediocrity! :lol

imported_Reshmar
Apr 28th, 2004, 11:44:48 PM
Post Bestine Reshmar is working out of Calamari commishoning new ships and rebuilding his fleet. Not to mention spending some time at home. After the SOV does there next few planet takeovers the senate will not be able to ignore them any longer. so then Ill be back out there with my new toy hunting down the Imperial trash. SO basiclly ill be kicking back holding a drink in my flipper gatching some rays.

Teleran Balades
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:28:11 AM
New toy? This Rejuvenator you've been talking about?

Marcus Telcontar
Apr 29th, 2004, 06:50:17 AM
Wow, a fleeting thread done without arguments!

Well done crew :)

TieFighterPilot181st
Apr 29th, 2004, 03:55:43 PM
My character is going to have to take his fleet back to a shipyard for an overhaul after the beating it will take in Bestine.

Jarek T'chort
Apr 30th, 2004, 06:40:12 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Wow, a fleeting thread done without arguments!

Well done crew :)

Hopefully the first of many!

Ok next up should be Tel, unless Xaz is going to post.

Teleran Balades
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:10:39 PM
I'll give her until noon(CST) tomorrow to post.

Telan Desaria
Apr 30th, 2004, 08:14:55 PM
Congrats to all. I am so very proud.

*tear

imported_Reshmar
May 4th, 2004, 12:24:05 AM
I will be taking over the defense fleet once again. I need one defense fleet post and 2 or 3 more good fleet battle posts with hagen before you come in to save me Lion. that ok?

Jarek T'chort
May 4th, 2004, 06:05:25 AM
Once again, if anyone sees any problems or is unhappy or just wants to run over some things with whats been posted, just pm or post here, like Resh did. That way we can nip any potential arguments or whatever in the bud.

Redic Scott
May 4th, 2004, 08:45:51 AM
I onlyt have a slight problem with some Imperials posting damage for NR ships that they fire upon. Shouldn't the people controling the ship post the damage. I thought you would only post firing on but not damage for another ship.

May 4th, 2004, 12:49:52 PM
I and the Imprials have worked out all the damage and stuff Scott. Its fine. we know who will lose what and when.

May 4th, 2004, 12:50:11 PM
more or less

Teleran Balades
May 4th, 2004, 05:03:30 PM
When a minor ship such as a gunship or light frigate is hit by a dozen heavy warheads the damage done is prety evident, but your point is taken.

May 4th, 2004, 11:08:56 PM
12 heavy torpedoes would decimate a gunship. But the odds of hitting a gunships with 12 torps are increadable. even for an Aurora.

Travis North
May 5th, 2004, 01:54:47 PM
Think of as shotgun spray hitting a mouse.

Teleran Balades
May 5th, 2004, 04:05:22 PM
Originally posted by STELA'SHLIT'NURUODO
12 heavy torpedoes would decimate a gunship. But the odds of hitting a gunships with 12 torps are increadable. even for an Aurora.

True enough, but the Aurora fires pods of eight torps, even that would hurt a gunship badly.

Lion El' Jonson
May 5th, 2004, 09:10:06 PM
Indeed, cheers for those who've pushed this thread through. Thanks for your hard work, guys. :D

Just say the word, Reshmar, and Lion bursts out of hyperspace with turbolasers blazing. ^_^;

Jarek T'chort
May 6th, 2004, 05:59:40 AM
omg I can't belive you god - modders!!! You can't just destroy all my stuff like that!! Thats the last straw I'm out of the thread, but Bestine is Imperial!!!

jk of course.

Lion El' Jonson
May 6th, 2004, 04:03:21 PM
:cry

Scary. :lol

Telan Desaria
May 6th, 2004, 06:59:54 PM
Quick Note, Lion. Bestine is right next to the Imperial border

Lion El' Jonson
May 10th, 2004, 05:04:11 AM
Whoops! :lol

That'll have to go. Blame it on faulty navigational charts...

...of course, if that were the case, I'd probably have flown the fleet through a star by now...^_^;

imported_Darriann Sollak
May 11th, 2004, 05:51:41 AM
I'm gonna post my parts.

Anyone have a plan for getting me and my wounded off planet? I have a feeling this is gonna be hard to do.

Redic Scott
May 11th, 2004, 07:22:06 AM
Get your people to talk to the ground forces Headquarters, or you can post spoting some NR ground forces and talking to them. I think a lot of the forces are going to leave, but some will stay to make the imps lives harder. You can leave some of your people as well. Upto you.

imported_Reshmar
May 11th, 2004, 12:15:25 PM
The Artanis is going to open a hole for the rest of my fleet to take out the Interdictors. Before that I will issue a full system wide retreat. Thats when you ground ponders get your behinds on anything that will fly and get off the planet:lol

# ships from the Defense Fleet will cover you while you leave. I wouldnt try to co-ordinate any type of meeting spot just get out of the system ASAP.

Scott, Make sure you pick up my escape pod on the way out of the system. I dont want to be the grand admirals dinner guest.

Take out the Int nearest you. I got the other 3 with the flame and dreads.

The Artanis is going to make a big boom and take out some stuff while damaging other stuff. just pick up survivors take on the Valkyre squadron and get out after the Interdictors are gone.

Lion will open the door.

PS. dont forget my escape pod. :lol

Travis North
May 11th, 2004, 04:20:29 PM
I hope you don't mind losing another K-wing. I had to do something.

I had just finished the post for Darriann and replied when the screen came up and told me I was logged out. I had to re-write the entire thing from memory.

Telan Desaria
May 11th, 2004, 04:59:18 PM
WE do take prisoners, you know. We are actually very gallant and honourable - -at least, the Sovereignty is. WE accord those who have fought bravely every honour of battle.

We are very German about it (German, not SS, people)

Teleran Balades
May 13th, 2004, 05:45:04 PM
Reshmar, could you please post for the defensive fleet?

imported_Reshmar
May 14th, 2004, 02:21:31 AM
i was waiting on hagen to post again before i did my post
I guess i can do just the defense post. I will get on it tomarrow morning

Lion El' Jonson
May 15th, 2004, 06:49:49 PM
Reshmar, I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a PM when you want me into the thread. I don't want to barge in prematurely. :lol

imported_Reshmar
May 15th, 2004, 11:54:48 PM
no problem
I will post tomarrow for the defensive group.

Telan Desaria
May 17th, 2004, 04:42:13 PM
i want to know too

Desaria is going to arrive for the victory celebrations - - -muwhaha

Travis North
May 17th, 2004, 04:55:15 PM
Hmm hmm hmm hmmmm hmm hmmm hmm hmmm hmm hmmm hmm hmm hmm hmmmm hmm hmmm hmm hmmm hmm hmmm

I think thats it.

Tear
May 18th, 2004, 01:15:43 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
WE do take prisoners, you know. We are actually very gallant and honourable - -at least, the Sovereignty is. WE accord those who have fought bravely every honour of battle.

Not Tears squad..dun dun dunnn your in trouble now travis.

Lion El' Jonson
May 18th, 2004, 05:00:35 AM
Too bad you can't kill him if he doesn't agree. :lol

Travis North
May 19th, 2004, 11:48:14 AM
It's Darriann's squad. I'm flying in space currently strafing a gunship.

Jarek T'chort
May 23rd, 2004, 03:35:17 PM
Is it Teleran next?

Teleran Balades
May 24th, 2004, 03:30:06 PM
Oops, yeah, sorry. I was pretty busy last week, this week we too until finals are over.

Lion El' Jonson
May 27th, 2004, 08:26:54 AM
Heh. Finals are over!

Huzzah! :lol

Do you guys mind if I post now?

Jarek T'chort
May 27th, 2004, 09:58:20 AM
Go right ahead. :-)

Lion El' Jonson
May 27th, 2004, 10:42:40 AM
Any idea about the fleet I should bring in?

The post I've written revolves around the use of my newly designed Restoration-class, an Interdiction Field Distruption Generator, to create a bubble in the field, and then to bring 3 MC-90's in through the gap. One MC-90 will stay with the Restoration to safeguard out exit, while the other two MC-90's will rendezvous with Tie's Emancipator and blow a hole for the Flame of Rebellion to exit through.

I know three MC-90's sounds like a lot of firepower, but we won't be trying to fight. Lion knows that Remnant reinforcements can show up a lot faster than NR reinforcements can, so he's making this a grab-and-run.

Jarek T'chort
May 28th, 2004, 05:49:43 AM
That sounds ok, the Destroyers will be able to hold their own, plus you aren't on the offensive.

Teleran Balades
May 28th, 2004, 05:53:38 AM
I have about two days left for finals. I'll try and post this afternoon.

EDIT

Darn it Lion, You got to the ODST idea before I did. The Spectre-class corvette was modeled after a prowler as well.:D

imported_Reshmar
May 28th, 2004, 12:28:20 PM
alright. im done. Bring me Home Lion.:lol

TieFighterPilot181st
Jun 1st, 2004, 09:49:40 AM
Well then, I guess I'll have to pull out too then before I'm left behind, right?

imported_Reshmar
Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:39:41 AM
Make for an escape vector Tie. But take out anything you can on the way.

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:24:20 AM
Originally posted by Teleran Balades
I have about two days left for finals. I'll try and post this afternoon.

EDIT

Darn it Lion, You got to the ODST idea before I did. The Spectre-class corvette was modeled after a prowler as well.:D

Is this a small world or what? I didn't think I'd ever find somebody else who'd read the Halo books. First Strike and Fall of Reach were brilliant. The ODST idea is at least four months old. :lol

Teleran Balades
Jun 3rd, 2004, 05:55:43 PM
I already have the MAC launcher and Plasma torpedoes planned out, though I'm having trouble with one small aspect of the plasma torpedo, and after thinking about the MAC I realized it isn't a very efficient weapon to use in space.

Excellent post, I can't wait to have my ships finally pounded by something.

Lion El' Jonson
Jun 4th, 2004, 06:38:40 AM
Two words:

Super MAC :lol

Hurling giant metal slugs to near-lightspeed appeals to me. I'd like to see the Plasma Torpedoes...as long as they're not boiling away my hull armor. :p

Thanks for the compliment; I wrote that post in maybe 30 minutes. I always have trouble with the Italic and [b]Bold[/i] tags whenever I type something up in Word. :D