PDA

View Full Version : An odd occurrence (Wei Wu Wei, closed)

Lillian Snow
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:03:37 PM
It's not every day that a mother takes her child to a potential babysitter and feels more frightened of this person than her child. Titian is quite happy to be out and about, looking around and taking in all the new things. Lillian's holding him tightly, not so much out of fear that he'll slip from her arms, so much as she's deathly afraid of this man she's going to see. Wei Wu Wei is a nice man. Her master said so. Most everyone else she talks to says so. Now she's going to see for herself.

She stops before his door, having come in from the gardens, and looks tentatively across the hall to her own. She could run in there...be safe from him...but she can't. She has to find someone to babysit her little boy, so she can keep on training. She also has to quell this fear she has. She raises her fist and raps lightly on his door. Titian reaches out with a squeal to pat it with his hands.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:37:42 PM
Wei was buried in a rather large volume he had found in the Archives, researching the Force, and what sorts of wisdom Jedi had uncovered throughout the years. It was incredibly interesting to read. That's when he heard it. Barely audible, but enough to catch his attention.

Wei dismissed it as some rambunctious Padawan on one of the other floors, but the baby's squeal really got his attention. Someone was at the door.

"One moment!"

Wei got up and rubbed his eyes, looking around him to the door. Reading for all that time had gotten his eyes used to focusing up close. Now that he had to look farther away, things were appearing blurry. As things began to adjust, Wei walked over to the dor and opened it halfway.

"Lillian! It's good to see you out and about. And this is your baby, I presume? He certainly does seem to be a curious sort of fellow isn't he?" Wei smiled his best, friendliest smile, and got down to business.

"What can I do for you today?"

Lillian was terrified of men. For Lillian to go knocking on a man's door meant that she was in some kind of dire straits.

Lillian Snow
Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:46:26 PM
Lillian shudders, shrinking slightly at the energy in Wei's voice, but she stays put.

"Well...Salemn is feeling better now, and she's to begin my training again soon...but I can't bring Titian with me to the Academy. Salemn says it'll be better if I don't have to worry about him. She wanted me to get a babysitter...but I don't know anyone who could do it."

She's staring at the floor, holding her baby firmly as he squirms and wiggles and waves at Wei.

"I took your mom's advice...and the advice of a few other Jedi women...and they all agreed that you'd be the best to take care of Titian."

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:21:15 PM
Wei raised an eyebrow. "They all said that about me?"

Wei was evidently shocked somewhat, and definitely pleasantly surprised. "Well, I can sure do my best to make Titian comfortable and safe while you get on with your training."

Wei held out his hands. "May I hold him? Just long enough for him to get used to me."

Lillian Snow
Feb 24th, 2004, 09:16:29 PM
Lillian almost shakes her head, but passes her baby to him anyway. Titian squeals and pat's Wei's chest, taking fistfulls of his shirt and waving the cloth spastically. He looks to his mother with a big smile before stuffing some of the loose cloth in his mouth.

"He seems to like you..." she mumbles, the nervousness apparent in her voice.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 24th, 2004, 10:26:24 PM
Wei grinned nervously as he pulled his shirt out of Titian's mouth. "So it would seem," he half said, half chuckled.

"He must really like my shirt."

Sure it seemed pretty obvious that Titian liked Wei's shirt, but Wei had never seen anybody so excited over something so incredibly simple as a shirt.

Wei adjusted Titian in his arms so he could help the boy hold is head up and sort of bounced him up and down gently.

"He's really a great kid."

Lillian Snow
Feb 26th, 2004, 12:18:25 PM
Titian grips Wei's shirt, holding out a sound to hear it waver.

"Mmmmm...beh-beh-beh-beh..."

Lillian smiles a little. He'll be okay. He'll be okay...

"Then...I'll bring him here tomorrow morning, along with everything you'll need to take care of him for the day." She holds out her arms to take him back. "Thank you, Mr. Wei. I don't know what I would've done otherwise..."

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 26th, 2004, 12:23:16 PM
Wei gently released Titian's hold on his shirt and placed the baby in his mother's arms.

"Behave, ok little guy? Be good for your mother. Sleep when you are supposed to and don't cause a fuss. I'll see you tomorrow and we can have great fun playing."

The Jedi Knight chuckled. "It's not a big deal, Lillian. If you need me for anything else, you know how to get a hold of me. I'll see you tomorrow."

Lillian Snow
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:29:15 PM
She bows, carrying the boy back to her room and shutting the door with a sigh.

"I wish you could take care of yourself..." she moans. "Then I wouldn't have to talk to him."

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 3rd, 2004, 11:59:20 AM
Wei shut the door to his room, a wee bit perplexed, but also relieved. "She wasn't a ball of terror. That's always good."

Wei sighed as he returned to his books. "I'll see you later to play, Titian."