PDA

View Full Version : Saddam caught - Nintendo relieved

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:37:10 PM
TOKYO - Sukado Nagamoto, spokesperson for Nintendo Company Limited, announced today that the Nintendo Company is grateful to the US Government for the capture of Saddam Hussien.

"Mario and Luigi, stars of over 100 games made by the Nintendo Company Limited, have come out of hiding upon hearing the news of Saddam's capture," Nagamoto said.

At a press conference later in the day, Mario and Luigi also expressed their relief. The pair, speaking from their hiding place in Monaco, revealed today how they have been pursued from one end of the globe to the other by wayward bounty hunters the entire time Saddam Hussein has been on the run. At one point, Mario said that he was nearly killed in an ambush by a giant monkey throwing barrels at him. If it weren't for his superior jumping skills, he would now be dead.

While both Mario and Luigi are reportedly happy to be able to walk the streets again, their troubles are far from over. Both are serving out driver's licence suspensions following their arrest over a Mario Kart accident in July. The pair were suspended from driving for two years as they were found to be under the influence of mushrooms at the time of the incident, after Luigi assaulted one police officer with a banana.

Gregor Stronach

Crystal
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:54:56 PM
Reminds me of the barbie thing.

News like this is stupid :(

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:57:01 PM
Barbie thing?

It's just meant to be a joke.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:30:29 PM
You mean the Barbie/Ken breakup was just a joke?! They're really still together?! ^_^; That's a relief. I was going to have to buy another Dream Mansion for Ken, now that Barb's kicked him out to the curb.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:32:57 PM
I really do think Babs and Ken are splitsville :\

:lol @ the 'shroom

Crystal
Feb 20th, 2004, 09:25:17 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Barbie thing?

It's just meant to be a joke.

I know. It's funny, but stupid ;)

Ishan Shade
Feb 21st, 2004, 12:39:06 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
found to be under the influence of mushrooms at the time of the incident

:lol I like that one...

spada
Feb 21st, 2004, 05:28:30 PM
this is like an e-mail i got once about the pillsbury doughboy's death of a yeast infection and the funeral schedule was like mirowave directions it was funny. Has neone else heard that one?

Silus Xilarian
Feb 21st, 2004, 05:46:29 PM
many many moons ago