View Full Version : Coming Soon To a Church Near You!

Darth007
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:48:18 PM
mmm mmm mm! (http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/1003/fuzzywuzzy4594/JEEZUTS.jpg)

:lol

(hope this doesnt offend anyone)

Charley
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:03:45 PM
Fark?

Xazor Elessar
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:28:36 PM
o_O

Right.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:44:16 PM
hee ^_^

thats actually kinda cute :p

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 19th, 2004, 07:47:26 PM
Isnt that the 'Jesus-buddy' from Dogma?

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:38:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth007
mmm mmm mm! (http://img1.photobucket.com/albums/1003/fuzzywuzzy4594/JEEZUTS.jpg)

Never mind offence....

System error : failure of Funny detected.

Alpha
Feb 19th, 2004, 09:49:01 PM
I gotta agree with Mark on this one...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:01:00 PM

well whatever. it made me smile on a very crappy day, so it did its job for me :|

please do me a favor next time though - if you dont think something funny, dont say anything. cause it detracts from the humor that otherpeople find in it.

Tear
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:05:38 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
well whatever. it made me smile on a very crappy day, so it did its job for me :|

please do me a favor next time though - if you dont think something funny, dont say anything. cause it detracts from the humor that otherpeople find in it.

/Agreed

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:29:44 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy

If something is funny, If is not funny, then anyone can say so. That is the privledge everyone has (as long as you dont step over the boundaries) and I would expect the same 'not funny' treatment in return from yourself or others if I post something that is not amusing or interesting. And indeed, that is the case.

If anything, a well done 'not funny' could actually provide the amusement that the original post does not.

So, as much as I do respect you, I cant agree to your request on this case.

If anything, I should be told off for not putting a bit of writing craft into my not funny comment and produce an absurdist, sarcastic relpy like I rarely have the time to craft properly these days :/

Mu Satach
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:38:29 PM
Originally posted by Darth007

I laughed.

Originally posted by Marcus Elessar
Never mind offence....

I laughed again.

tis all in good fun.
:rollin

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:10:22 PM
It got a smile out of me. But I've seen that buddy Christ photoshopped into so many images before it's just lost its humor to me.

And the whole "if you don't think it's funny don't post" thing is just stupid.

imported_Akrabbim
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:42:14 PM
Well, personally, I think that people who make comments against people who've made comments requesting that other people not make comments about things containing funny or un-funny comments is retardation in its finest form.

Course, I'm just commenting here...

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:27:22 AM
*sneaks up behind Ak and...STABS*

>D

Charley
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:07:46 AM
We need Fett's professional opinion. If he laughs, it is officially not funny.

ReaperFett
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:24:28 AM
Originally posted by Charley
We need Fett's professional opinion. If he laughs, it is officially not funny.
I refuse to comment :)

Originally posted by Grev Drasen
And the whole "if you don't think it's funny don't post" thing is just stupid.
If someone said "Does anyone want to be in this RP?", would it be right for someone to reply "no"? :)

I can live with people saying it sn't funny. It's people saying something is old that bugs me.

Mu Satach
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:12:26 AM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
It's people saying something is old that bugs me.

Like the time I took the fairy to Shelbybille. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville which is what they called Shelbybille in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because if the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 20th, 2004, 08:34:03 AM
For me personally, my way of saying I dont find a thread funny or that I dont care for it is I simply dont post. Sometimes the less said, the better :)

And Mu......I want some of what youre on ;)

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:06:52 PM
Well, it does make a mockery out of the Communion sacrament. So it's not really that funny.

However, I have been to services in which they use little cracker-like things as the bread in Communion, so I do kind of think it's interesting that someone would make such a connection. But for a lot of Christians, it's not funny. Me being a Christian, this is not funny. I don't like to see my God mocked.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:13:00 PM
Hey man, don't you think you're just a touch uptight?

Commander Zemil Vymes
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:24:31 PM
Not really. Some people just don't like that sort of thing.

Same reason I don't like people saying GD around me.

Brian
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:13:14 PM
The way I make sense of it is, if you truly believe in a Christian God, etc and hold to Biblical teachings as well, then photoshopping an image of Christ is like painting a mustache on a stained-glass window depicting the Virgin Mary. Source of all life, goodness, etc. is supposed to be respected, not turned into humor.

Though I am not very religious, I consider making fun of certain things beyond the pail.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:36:17 PM
i dont like where this topic of conversation is going =\

religion is such a sensitive subject - right up there with abortion and whatnot. each person has their views on the matter; maybe we should leave it at that