PDA

View Full Version : The Cold

Malick Rain
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:00:17 AM
His eyes open slowly; his hands reached up and rubbed out the blurriness. Last thing he remembered was being out in the wilderness but now he was in a cold dark room. Had he died in the crash and the forest was his last vision of life. He was laying on a stone or metal slab of some kind naked. He looked around the small cubed room and saw a pile of neatly folded clothing on the floor.

Malick slowly sat up and turn to let his legs hand over the edge of the metal slab bed. He looked down at his legs the one he remembered injuring seemed just about fully healed. How long had he been out or was this purgatory maybe even worse hell. He hoped off the slab and winced at the pain in his legs it was healing but still hurt. He began to limp as he walked over to the folded pile of clothing.

The clothing was just dark blue medical scrubs nothing spectacular. He slowly got dressed having a hard time putting on his pants when he had to put more weight on his injured leg. He then limped over to the door and peered into the empty hall way threw the small window on the door. He limped out into the hallway where he could hear people’s feet shuffling further down and around the corner. He made his way there where he saw a bunch of people most just walking by him ignoring him as if he wasn't even there.

He continued to move forward though not exactly sure where he was going. He saw doors at the end of the hall that seemed to lead to the out doors what ever was beyond them he didn't know. Maybe the infernos of hell or maybe it would wake him from his strange dream. He had just made it to the door when heard foot steps behind him and a voice calling for him to stop. Malick turned to face the person he had never seen before in his life with a confused look.

"Where am I? How did I get here?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 26th, 2004, 12:37:05 AM
"You were brought in by a Mandalorian patrol. What are you doing on this planet?" The speaker was shrouded in a cloak, a cliche perhaps, but necessary to keep the man from indentifying her before she knew what his intentions were. "And what are you doing out of your room?"

Malick Rain
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:04:34 AM
"I was looking for a remote planet to hide out on for a while. This planet just happened to be the first I deemed worthy crash land on."

Malick looked at the person covered in a cloak and smirked. What was this, the planet of bad Halloween costumes? The voice sounded female though so at least he knew a male wasn’t stalking him.

"If you wanted to keep me in my room you should have put a lock on the door or posted a guard. Your staff here didn't even notice me most of them shrugged me off in the hall."

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 27th, 2004, 01:14:09 AM
"I didn't say I wanted you to stay in it. I asked you what you were doing out of it. Where are you going?" Lilaena pulled her cloak in a little tighter as she took a step towards him. In the light of the hall he could just barely see that her feet were bare as they peeked out from under her robes.

Malick Rain
Mar 9th, 2004, 12:21:14 AM
"I don't know what business it is off yours but I was going to go check out the streets. Maybe find a place to set up shop or take over or take out any local gangs."

Malick noted her bare feet. This woman was strange who ever she was Malick was starting to get a strange sense she held a lot of power around here.

"Since you now know why I'm out of my room now perhaps you can answer my question. Who the Heck are you?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 9th, 2004, 01:00:12 PM
"What streets were you planning on going to?" She put up a finger to quell his questions and in the insuing silence he could now make out the sounds of the jungle outside. "You were not brought into the city, not yet."

De'Ville clapped her hands, mainly for show, and illuminated the hallway with light. The walls were overgrown in places with vines. "We are in an old monastary, a ways out from the city. I am conducting an interview, and if you are suitable, we will bring you into the City. If you are not, well, we leave uninvited guests to the beasts."

Malick Rain
Mar 17th, 2004, 02:47:12 PM
Malick looked at the walls that he swore where hospital walls just moments ago. What kind of trickery was this and now the curiosity of whom this woman was crept up on him. He was starting to have second thoughts about what planet he had chosen to land on.

"What kind of interview? How exactly do you determine who is worthy? Also what sort of trickery is this I swore this was a hospital just a second ago?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 17th, 2004, 06:29:59 PM
ooc: Since you chose the scene and then put my character in an awkward situation (running around with no one keeping an eye on you, etc) I changed the situation. LD has no skill in illusion, so shall we just say you had a bump on the head? :)/ic:

"No trickery, I assure you. As for how we determine who is worthy, you will find out." Malick found himself inexorably bound by invisible ropes as Lilaena pinned him in place with the Force. "Come with me." She raised an eyebrow, and moved her hand, beckoning him towards her as she turned to walk down the hall.

As she did so his body moved, although not by his own volition. Rain was levitated towards her, his feet trailing uselessly just a few inches above the ground.

Malick Rain
Mar 19th, 2004, 01:17:04 AM
His heart was racing a mile a second. He had heard of such things in the upper streets of Coruscant they called themselves Jedi. They where able to manipulate this thing called the force but for the most part where good hearted people. This woman was far from it Malick could feel her evil presence some how.

His eyes darted all over the place taking in as much as he could as he drifted along following the woman still clad tightly in her cloak. Who was she his thoughts wondered on, where exactly was he, and would he get out of this one alive.

"Where are we going ma'am?"

Malick's ruff exterior had pretty much been diminished with the woman's show of power in the force. He had been reduced to politely asking question instead of his normal demanding tone.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 21st, 2004, 04:07:28 PM
His attitude had changed dramatically to one of polite inquistiveness. "We are going back to the room I left you in." It didn't take long to get there, and he was soon sitting rather uncomfortably on the edge of the slab he had woken up on.

De'Ville sat on an identical slab across from him, releasing his body with the Force and pulling her hood out of her eyes. "The Mandalorians left you here at my request. People who do not come through the usual channels, a.k.a. the spaceport, aren't usually the sort of people we welcome to this planet.

"I sense something about you.... What do you know of the Force? Are you a faithless padawan running from the Order on Coruscant?"

Malick Rain
Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:37:21 AM
Malick was still afraid even after the force let him go. This woman was truly powerful and he would rather not get on her beside.

"The Mandalorians left you here at my request. People who do not come through the usual channels, a.k.a. the spaceport, aren't usually the sort of people we welcome to this planet."

"I'm not the sort of person most people want around. Trouble tends to follow me very closely." Malick spoke with over confidence in his voice. "I know of the Jedi Coruscant and there magic. I was born raised on that City Planet but no I was not privileged enough to be a member. I was told once I should have been tested because I had this uncanny ability to know when the ball was about to drop on my criminal activities.

As for the force itself I always considered it a form of magic that some people where granted. I always wished I could control, it would make a very valuable tool in my line of work."

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:12:05 PM
"The way it flows around you..." She palmed a small instrument that the hospital had provided her with only a few questions. De'Ville got up and walked towards him. He was not held in place, but he seemed afraid to move away from her. "If you could control it, what do you think you would do with it?"

As she spoke she sat beside him, and took him by the neck. "Hold stlil a moment." With a sure movement, De'Ville pricked him at the base of his neck, drawing a thick drop of blood. She retreated to the other slab, waiting for his answer, although he probably would forget what she'd asked and ask a question of his own.

Malick Rain
Apr 17th, 2004, 08:44:45 PM
"Ouch!"

Malick replied after the prick, his reaction was to reach up and rub his neck, which was still bleeding slightly. The woman looked at him waiting for an answer to her question. He had not forgotten it just rather didn't answer for a while thinking it through.

"I know the first thing I would do with power like that. I would wipe out all gangs in lower Coruscant with exception of mine. Then I would take on that pesky watch group. I would control lower Coruscant with an Iron fist. Everyone would know my name and fear it. "

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 28th, 2004, 04:11:31 PM
"That would be a good start." She dabbed the drop of blood on what looked like a small datapad, and murmured to herself. De'Ville looked up at him, and smiled. "Well, you do have the talent, that is for certain now. If you are willing, you can learn to master the Force here, on Onderon."

Malick Rain
Apr 30th, 2004, 05:00:13 PM
"Are you serious lady or are you just yanking my chain?"

Malick was in a bit of disbelief this woman was offering him an opportunity. One to change who he was a bit and offer him more power then ever before. H e would definitely say yes if this wasn't a joke.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 3rd, 2004, 05:23:39 PM
"I do not 'yank chains.' I am deadly serious." She studied him a bit, and then added, "Of course, the Jedi could teach you, on Coruscant, but their methods are much slower. They would not teach you to harness the Force, but teach you how to surrender to it. Tell me, would you rather be in control of your own destiny, or let the 'Force' control you?"

Malick Rain
May 27th, 2004, 10:48:09 PM
"I most definitely want to control my own destiny. I would much rather die then let something like this force control me."

Malick spoke more confidently then he had for most of the conversation. He realized something then he still didn't know this woman who was talking to him. Yet she still gave him an offer such as this it was odd with them being perfect strangers and all.

"I still don't know who you are? As for your offer I think I'll take you up on that."