PDA

View Full Version : It'll Make You Sick (Open)

Ka' el Darcverse
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:10:40 AM
Malacia, a Jedi technique that produces powerful dizziness and nausea in their targets. The results are incapacitating, though it does not do any permenant physical damage.

While studying on techniques of Jedi Battle Meditation, Ka' el found reference to an ancient Jedi technique known as Malacia. As he read about the ancient art he realized the benefits of mastering this technique when involved in a conflict where a physical fight is inevitable. There was only one problem; no Jedi since Oppo Rancisis, a member of the council before the fall of the Old Republic, had mastered the art. In fact Ka' el had been unable to find anyone in the order who had a firm understanding of the art.

So he did what any curious padawan would do, he searched the historical archives for the diaries and memoirs of Master Rancisis. Not only did he find them, but he found a detailed account of how the Jedi Master mastered his technique. It was a cross between telepathy and telekinesis and very complex, which made the young Padawan want to learn it even more.

First however he needed to meditate and so the young man knelt down and focused on the light side of the Force allowing its power to flow through him...

Shade Magus
Feb 19th, 2004, 08:15:33 PM
Shade had noticed a young man sitting alone appearing to meditate. He did not wish to intrude, so the Jedi Knight walked over and just sat there. He had never met this one before, so he settled to wait until the young man came out of his trance. He wished to know all of the new Jedi.

Ka' el Darcverse
Feb 20th, 2004, 10:23:03 AM
The Force ebbed and flowed as the young Padawan meditated, he noticed another presence in the Force. One more refined than his own.

"Hello," The young baritone voice of Ka' el called out.

Shade Magus
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:50:35 PM
"Hello. Do you need any help."

Ka' el Darcverse
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:23:14 PM
"I wouldn't mind," Ka' el replied.

"The name's Ka' el, I'm an apprentice to Master D' an and you might be?"

Shade Magus
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:34:51 PM
"I am Jedi Knight Shade Magus. So what kinda help ar you looking for?"

Ka' el Darcverse
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:56:17 AM
"A guinea pig actually," Ka' el said with a bit of a wry smirk on his face.

He stood and approached the Knight.

"I'm trying to learn an ancient Jedi technique known as Malacia, it hasn't been mastered since the fall of the Old Republic. It causes nausea and vertigo in those affected by the technique. Add that to a formidable saberist and you have a very effective combination. But I've only practiced the technique, never tested it on anyone."

Shade Magus
Feb 24th, 2004, 02:52:01 PM
"I see.....unfortunately I have never heard of the technique, but I would be more than happy to assist you."

Ka' el Darcverse
Feb 24th, 2004, 04:48:17 PM
"Thank you Jedi Magus, it would be greatly appreciated."

Ka' el then discarded his Jedi robe and stood in the middle of the room in his training garments. His feet where spaced evenly, shoulder width apart. He took a few deep breaths and cleared his mind.

"If you are sure you don't mind sir I will begin when you tell me you are ready."

Shade Magus
Feb 25th, 2004, 01:52:16 PM
"Whenever you are go for it."

Shade stood up straight, he knew that no matter what the move he could probably deflect it with the Force easily enough since it had never been practiced, so he had to Force himself away fro the Force. Once he had shut himself almost completely down to the Force he nodded.

"I am ready."

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 5th, 2004, 09:19:39 PM
(ooc apologize for the delay)

Ka' el nodded and began to focus on the Force. He felt himself connect with it and began to wield it. He manipulated it, slowly penetrating into Shade's mind. He felt the Knight resist as was his nature, but Ka' el pushed further, it was different from his battle meditation training where the interaction was passive rather than active. Slowly he began imagining a swirling vortex, attempting to force Shade to sense the same thing within his own mind. It made Ka' el slightly upset to his stomach, something the diaries had warned would happened for a beginner. It meant that he was doing his job correct.

Next he used psychokinetics to attempt to make Shade's stomach churn. It was slow going. The Knight's natural resistance made it difficult for him.

"Feeling anything yet?"

Shade Magus
Mar 5th, 2004, 10:32:12 PM
Shade could feel something, but not enough to do anything yet.

"Yes I think so, but it is weak right now."

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 7th, 2004, 09:22:51 PM
Ka' el nodded and slowly moved his right hand towards his forehead. Putting his index and middle finger to the spot between his eyes he focused harder.

The image of the world swirling was projected from him, much stronger than before. This time Ka' el could feel himself starting to break through Shade's natural defenses. He could feel himself manipulating the balance center's in Shade's inner ear. Force vibrations calibrated specifically to disrupt his balance and bearings were being pushed out further.

Shade Magus
Mar 8th, 2004, 01:21:01 PM
Shade's vision blurred for a moment, and he shook his head to try and clear his sight.

"Whoa...."

The Jedi Knight could difenitely feel something now, and it was much stronger. He raised his senses slighty, but it did very little to help him. His knees buckled for a second, but he stood his ground.

"I think you are doing it."

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 9th, 2004, 06:25:02 AM
Ka' el heard him but continued on attempting to use the full extent of his Force powers. It was a drain mentally and physically, but if it he could succeed in incapacitating the Knight his confidence would swell and it would make his future attempts all the more easier because he had laid pathways today.

Invictus conitnued to eminate emotions and feelings that was often associated with vertigo, but he focused more on the physical aspect increasing the Force vibrations he had found attuned to Shade's inner ear.

Just get him to go down... Just to one knee... He pushed himself mentally to succeed.

Shade Magus
Mar 9th, 2004, 07:02:35 PM
Shade's knees again buckled but he stood his ground. He turned his head to spit the awful taste that had come into his mouth. He was almost to the point of vomitting, but he had to try and stand it longer if he could. All of a sudden he dropped, but caught himself before he fell and rested his hands on his knees as he tried to stand up.

"Now....this I....I am go..going to have to learn."

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 11th, 2004, 02:40:32 PM
Ka' el smiled.

"I'm glad that you approve, however if this is truly going to be effective I'm going to have to get powerful enough to do this when someone is resisting me."

He walked over and helped Shade up.

"I have my notes on how this works, would you like them?"

Shade Magus
Mar 11th, 2004, 03:52:06 PM
Shade nodded and shook his head at the same time trying to clear it up.

"Yes....."

Shade spit at the ground. He could still feel the after affets. I wonder how long they stay in effect? the Jedi thought.

"I must really commend you. It takes a strong person with a lot of will power to find a lost art and successfully use it, but you are right you will be to become better at it and I have no doubts that you will."

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 17th, 2004, 08:32:56 PM
"Are you up to trying again, this time resisting me?"

Ka' el asked. His voice conveyed that he would completely understand if the Knight declined, but he hoped that he would Ka' el would enjoy the practice.

Shade Magus
Mar 17th, 2004, 08:38:30 PM
Shade stood up, a little straighter.

"Sure. I need the practice anyways."

Shade opened himself up to his Force awareness. He could feel Ka'el more clearly now. He retreated into the depths of his mind and laid the foundation for his mental defenses.

"Whenever you are ready."

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 17th, 2004, 09:20:51 PM
Ka' el nodded.

"Thank you. Again just let me know when to stop, if I succeed."

Ka' el began attempting to push emotions of hopelessness out towards Shade. He wanted to make his mind weaken its defenses of its neural systems. He was delving deeper going for a more mental attack than the last time. Focusing on the emotions of fear and despair that comes with the physical experience of vertigo.

Shade Magus
Mar 18th, 2004, 06:40:43 PM
Shade could feel Ka'el trying to enter his mind once again, but this time he was ready and his mental defenses were up. He did feel small effects, though, but they were easy enough to keep under control.

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 29th, 2004, 09:24:35 AM
The mental attacks kept coming. It was the weaker portion of his attack, but it was the key to it becoming a very devestating move according to his notes.

Ka' el then began to manipulate the Force, causing the inner ear vibrations once again and began to attack the stomach of Shade, trying to make the intestinal fluids churn.

Shade Magus
Mar 29th, 2004, 04:49:46 PM
Shade could feel the young Padawan coming at him again, unrelenting. He held his ground, but nonetheless he could feel his knees begin to become weak again.

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 30th, 2004, 01:58:21 PM
Ka' el forced the vibrations to accelerate in the inner ear of Shade, focusing on the man's balance center. The low frequency vibrations increased in intensity. Ka' el sent visions of spirals into the mind of Shade. The room seemed to spin in the illusions he attempted.

Ka' el then pressed his fingers to his forehead and focused deeper.

Shade Magus
Mar 30th, 2004, 09:00:49 PM
Shade drew deeper on the Force, letting it reinforce his position. He pushed back, barely gaining ground as his knees contiued to buckle. His vision started blurring, and it was hard to concentrate.

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 31st, 2004, 01:29:43 PM
Ka' el began to shift the vibrations on and off so that Shade could not adjust to them. Every attack came at different levels and intensity and each time Shade attempted to adjust, Ka' el switched to another method. The objective was to disrupt Shade's concentration and make him attempt to fall back on instinct which would immediately allow Ka' el to break through the Knight's defenses.

Shade Magus
Mar 31st, 2004, 03:59:06 PM
Shade's vision blurred, and finally enough was enough for the Jedi Knight. He dropped to his hands and knees, vomitting.

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 31st, 2004, 08:14:21 PM
One the Knight expelled his lunch Ka' el immediately ceased his attack. He fell to one knee as well, exhausted from the amount of Force it took for him to perform his feat.

"You ok Master Magus?"

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2004, 01:53:13 PM
"Yeah...I'll be fine. I just got a little motion sickness, that's all. You are doing well with that attack Ka'el."