PDA

View Full Version : Good Samaritan (open)

spada
Feb 18th, 2004, 06:07:40 PM
Spada walked through the streets towards the Bar and Grill. The rain fell heavy and the night was dark, but he could see fairly well because of his training with the force. He walked by an alley when he noticed a group of Rodians, Trandoshans, and Grans beating on a Bith. He changed directions and began to walk down the alley.

3 Rodians, 1 Gran, 1 Trandoshan. Try not to kill them.

He kept his lightsaber on his belt and closed in on the group. The Bith's instrument laid crushed on the ground. He came about 5 feet from them and said,

"What the hell's going on here?"

One Rodian dragged the Bith away and the others circled around the Kel-Dor. Spada sensed that they would try to attack him, but he kept his hands in his cloak.

"I suggest you let the Bith go. If you know whats good for you."

he knew their reaction before they did it. their chuckles were heard over the patter of the rain on the ground.

Man, Spada. You have to learn Mind Trick sometime.

Spada sensed something behind him like a needle driving into him. He turned, crouched, and threw his arm between the attacker's legs. Grasping the Rodian's arm, he pulled it down over his shoulder and lifted the hand between his legs, sending the creature into the air and into a wall with a loud crack.

Another Rodian jumped on him, followed by the Trandoshan, which he noticed by the claws. He shot foward, pulling off his cloak which the muggers were on and igniting his lightsaber.

You don't want to kill them, but if you have to, take some limbs.

Spada moved to attack the Gran who was stunned by the drawing of his lightsaber when he noticed another figure by the entrance of the alley.

Gav Mortis
Feb 18th, 2004, 09:11:48 PM
And from the alley entrance, Gav limped, wincing as he approached the brawling rabble. Bent crooked, with one hand pressed against the base of his spine while the other swung forward, giving him the momentum to move forward, he appeared to be around thirty years old yet moved like he was at least twice that age.

"What's going on here, gents?" He wheezed, the came to a stop by the Kel-Dor with a painful grunt. His twitching eye surveyed the violent bunch while his lazy eye remained still and glazed over. The corner of his lip curled up in amusement.

"No foul play I hope."

Rognan Dar
Feb 18th, 2004, 11:04:30 PM
Another figure turned up at t he other end of the alley. The figure was slightly wet, having just came out into the rain, and wearing white cloths that darkened to a gray shade in the fadded light.

Walking up silently behind the Rodian, he hit him in the head and watched as it fell over. He then helped the Bith to his feet.

"Whats going on here!" he called out, looking at the rest of the bunch. It apeared that there was a fellow Jedi. Anyone could tell that. It could have just been the hum of his lightsabre. But the fellow behind the Jedi was a odd one. He acted as if he was old, and yet looked young. Rog could not see him clearly or he would have made a better judgement about him.

spada
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:53:53 PM
Spada looked to the two, saying to the muggers,

"Lets see how you fare with an even fight!"

The Trandoshan attempted to pull out a blaster, but Spada leapt foward and rolling to the left, he swung up and cleanly cut the hand off the Trandoshan. The creature fell to the ground in a fetal position.

Rognan Dar
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:12:45 PM
The Gran charged at Rognan without thinking. He was hoping to get the jump on him. He was wrong. As the Gran jumped, trying to tackle him, Rog raised a hand and stopped the Gran's movement. He flouted there looking to see what was holding him up. He then went flying into a fall where he stayed firmly pressed against it.

"Now, now. There is not reason for you guys to try and get yourselves killed."

spada
Feb 21st, 2004, 10:11:10 PM
The remaining Rodian stood frozen with fear at how quickly his accomplices were incapacitated. He put his hands in the air and said in Rodian,

"eeeeyaaa da joo baa." (i made it up)

Spada glanced at the two friends and said into their minds,

"Anyone here speak Rodian?"

Rognan Dar
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:38:02 PM
Rognan slowly walked forward, the bith right behind him. He was still holding the Gran on the wall; strange sounds were coming from it.

"I dont know it very well. I have studied it a few times though."

Rognan listen to the Rodian, also tapping into his mind so that he might be able to understand him.

spada
Feb 23rd, 2004, 05:30:27 PM
Spada waited for a minute and finally was sick of waiting.

"It doesn't matter." he said, pulling out his comlink.

"Hello? We've got a group of muggers down by Yogs B & G... Yes. Neutralized. Requesting a patrol car to arrest them."

he looked to Gav and Rognan, saying,

"Just sit tight guys."

Gav Mortis
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:25:13 PM
"Sit tight?" Gav croaked painfully, he walked forward and shook his head slowly as if disagreeing with himself, then looking up at the remaining Rodian, said finally: "No, I'm sorry--"

The blaster leapt out of the Trandoshan's severed hand and into Gav's, he fired immediately and the smoking hole in the Trandoshan's head ensured it wouldn't ever mug again. The same went for the Rodian, it fell to the ground with a cauterised wound in it's chest and the red light from Gav's lightsaber danced eerily against it's lifeless face. He looked up to the two Jedi, standing upright, the haggard expression on his face had gone and his voice now normal.

"I prefer my justice to be faster."

Rognan Dar
Feb 24th, 2004, 11:32:23 PM
Rognan jumped forward as soon as the first shot was fired. He had his sabre in hand, its blue glow fighting against the red. He through the gran down the alley; now a minor threat.

"What do you think you are doing? For a old man you sure dont move very well like one!"

spada
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:28:57 PM
Spada spun his saber and turned towards Gav, who was now holding a red lightsaber. He held his hand out to the remaining muggers and said to them without looking at them,

"If you want to live, get out of here."

He glanced a bit at Rognan and said into his mind,

'I'm pretty sure hes a Sith. Unless hes a disgruntled Jedi, which I don't think. Don't worry, were outside a Jedi bar with police on the way. If he wants trouble, hes got it.'

Rognan Dar
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:38:10 PM
Dont underestimate him, Rognan spoke back. We dont know who he is or what he is really up too. He is no fool either. Watch yourself.

spada
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:54:41 PM
Spada spoke again in Telekenesis,

'I will not. We must fight him together...'

Gav Mortis
Feb 25th, 2004, 08:29:35 PM
"You've let them go?" Gav asked Spada with a look of incredulity, he shook his head wearing an amused smile. "Oh well, that's Jedi justice for you. Still, they got what they deserved, at least."

The bright tip of his saber blade angled at the two corpses, then came up as if anticipating an impending duel. Tilting his head, he looked at both Jedi and narrowed his eyes. "Nevertheless, I suppose this makes me a murderer. Then tell me--"

He twirled his lightsaber gracefully until it was held vertical before his face, the weapon clasped in both hands and he sneered,

"--What does Jedi justice have to say about that?"

spada
Feb 25th, 2004, 09:10:22 PM
"Noone deserves that 'justice'. There are more important things than muggers to deal with now."

he held his blade up in front of him and took his stance.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Feb 26th, 2004, 10:27:09 AM
The pitched sound of the siren's wailing scream echoed through the night, cutting its way through tranquility and a false sense of calm. My squad car slid to a halt, capping off the alley's mouth. I kicked the door open, cutting off the fleeing thugs at the pass, as I drew my piece.

"CDPD, all of you on the ground, now!"

In the distance, I heard a dull hum, like the sound of blood beating against a migraine. Three people stood facing each other, armed with lightsabers. Those fanatics had brought their religious war to my streets once again.

I turned to face the three prone perps, and knelt down by the first Rodian, my knee pressed against the small of his back as I pulled out stun cuffs.

Gav Mortis
Feb 26th, 2004, 10:36:17 AM
"Now you've gone and done it." Grumbled Gav, staring with evident dissapointment at both Jedi. The red glare of his lightsaber faded as he deactivated his weapon and casting it aside, fell to the ground, hands behind his head in accordance with the commander's orders.

"Don't shoot, officer. I'm unarmed!"

spada
Feb 26th, 2004, 04:21:51 PM
Spada reached out with his hand and the Sith's lightsaber floated towards him. He gripped it firmly and kept his own saber deactivated. Looking at the officer, he said,

"I made the call in. These muggers were beating on a Bith so i stopped them." he said, pointing to the Trandoshan, Gran, and Rodian.

He kept an eye on the Jedi and Sith to see their response.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Feb 26th, 2004, 09:57:52 PM
I cuffed the other Rodian and the Gran, and dragged them up and into the back seat of my speeder. The Gran moved like a sack of potatoes, and I had to put my back into it to push his dead weight in the squad car. Slamming the door behind him, I glanced back to the other three.

"Who did the shooting?"

The Trandoshan and Rodian lay prone on the worn asphalt, eyes glazed and staring into eternity.

spada
Feb 28th, 2004, 12:51:49 PM
Spada nodded his head towards the Sith.

"I called you guys in and told them to wait and he killed two of them before I could stop him."

Rognan Dar
Feb 28th, 2004, 03:52:37 PM
Rognan watched the strange man that was giving up without a fight. That couldn't be right. He must be planning something, he thought, and I'll be ready for it.

Gav Mortis
Mar 1st, 2004, 10:16:47 PM
With a sudden start, Gav leapt to his feet in a frantic panic, waving his arms as he desperately cried out his defense. His eye twitches.

"Please officer, I don't know what came over me! It was all the violence and shouting that kicked me off, I'm of a nervous disposition and I'm being treated for it, really I am, the medication just needs time. Please don't lock me up, sir, I can show you my papers - I'm a legal immigrant, my name is Deto Nata and I work just down the road there-- look here's my identification."

Breathing heavily and with erratic floundering on his part, Gav delved into his jacket pocket and fished about for his immigrant papers.

Rognan Dar
Mar 1st, 2004, 11:22:40 PM
He was watching him. This couldn't be true. He was one person when he first saw him and now he was another. Even if he had some mental problems, nobody changes like that and have there movements be so presise. So...perfect. It was un-natural. And something felt wrong about it. Something was up. And watched even more carefully as the mans hands went into his jacket.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 3rd, 2004, 04:45:24 PM
In a blink of an eye, my piece was up, leveled at the man.

"Freeze! Hands where I can see them, SLOW!"

Time seemed to slow, the dread anticipation of disaster hanging thick on the air. My pensive trigger finger twisted around the trigger like a cobra, ready to strike. I was taking no chances. There were two dead bodies still warm on the ground, the proverbial smoking gun was within arm's reach.

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 07:50:26 PM
Spada pointed his saber directly at the man's throat, the heat of the blade touching the strange man's face.

"Alright 'Deto'. Papers or no papers, you killed these people. And that is reason enough to take you in to the police station, am I right officer? I will go also if that is necessary."

Loki Ahmrah
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:36:43 PM
Delete me.

Gav Mortis
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:37:29 PM
Slowly, Gav pulled his hand from his jacket pocket and as he did so there was a quiet although high-pitched whine, he was smiling now as he held out in his hand an activated thermal detonator, lights flashing in decorative threat. His fingers squeezed tight around the device and he met eyes with Vymes.

"Instruct the Jedi to back off otherwise there will be precious little left of any of us to finish our little social here." His words came clear and menacing through a grim, victorious smirk. "And you can put that pea shooter away too."

spada
Mar 9th, 2004, 08:46:53 PM
Spada kept the saber against the sith's throat and telepathically said to Rognan,

'I forget, is there a timer on a thermal detonator?'

He eyed the death bringing ball and said to the man,

"I don't think you want to kill yourself."

Igniting the red lightsaber he was holding, he moved it to the man's neck and moved his own saber to the man's wrist which was holding the thermal detonator.

Rognan Dar
Mar 9th, 2004, 11:57:54 PM
He knew it. Rognan knew that this was all a trick to put them all in a stalemate. If they did what he wanted, who knew what he would then do. And if they didn't, he woiuld blow them all to peices, if any got away from the blast. He should have seen it coming. He should have found the papers himself, if there was any which he doughted now. If only he was able to take the thermal out of his hand without setting it off. He thought of a way, but it was not a 'for sure' plan. Many things could go wrong, and they didn't have a second chance.

I do not recall, he replied to Spada. I believe they have a few settings, and we dont know which one he is using.

spada
Mar 19th, 2004, 02:09:01 PM
Spada saw that the standoff was not going to be resolved unless they put they're weapons away, and said to Rognan telepathically,

'I think we should put away our weapons. Something tells me that this guy doesn't want to kill himself. Just be ready to hold the thermal detonator with the force in case he holds it.'

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 19th, 2004, 04:18:56 PM
Originally posted by Gav Mortis
"Instruct the Jedi to back off otherwise there will be precious little left of any of us to finish our little social here. And you can put that pea shooter away too."

The moment now pivoted on a simple decision, with massive consequences. The kind of boolean decision that caused cold sweats to break out. My old demons screamed at me from the back of my mind. I wanted him to taste the muzzle of my blaster; to step into a game of chicken. He was gambling that I was a sensible man. I wonder if he knew how many times I'd put the same pistol's muzzle between my own lips. By some miracle, I'd talked myself out of pulling the trigger each time. For me, death seemed like a breath of fresh air at times. One day, I would take myself up on that offer.

But not today.

Glancing at the two Jedi, I slowly returned my pistol to its holster.