PDA

View Full Version : Peace of Mind intro...

imported_Jacali Danner
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:21:43 PM
Hello!!

I've been thinking of doing a new thread for Jacali. It's been a while since she's been in an active thread with her seer abilities, so I've come up with one.

She's gonna have a vision of seeing Falycin being destroyed by a meteor shower just like on Armageddon...with all the falling meteors and explosions and death, yadda yadda yadda...

Jacali knows where its at and approx. how much time she has and wants to try and get as many people off the planet as possible.

But...

The people of Falycin are simple people that live in tribes and don't really have the technology that we do, so they don't believe her. Of course, she won't find this out until she arrives and starts warning the tribes.

So, she'll be taking this to the council to see if some others will go with her, let me know what your thoughts are on this...

There are 4 major tribes, so it will be hard for them to agree to go. Will take a lot of debate and arguing, but Jacali is determined more than ever to help out here. She's already seen the distruction and really wants to help save them from this terrible holocuast....

spada
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:10:50 PM
Sounds good. Where do I sign up? :lol

Rognan Dar
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:48:49 PM
I like it. And it might be a good time for Rog and Jac to meet so we can do that one thing. *wink wink* If you need me I am there. :)

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:25:15 AM
Great, Spada, Rog..welcome aboard. I'm still waiting for anymore takers, possibly a couple of Knights or Masters and anyone else who would like to join in, it's a big planet and they will get struck by some meteors while they are there, so it should be very interesting....

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:27:53 AM
When's this going to be starting?

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 18th, 2004, 09:09:15 AM
Sign me up. Natia needs a change of scenery.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:02:29 PM
I will start this by at least Saturday, It'll be a big RP and I hope all of you will continue with it, I really don't want it to end unfinished because I think this will help out with Jacali's knighthood. I'm going to attempt to aim her more towards aiding in negotiations, since she's not a strong physical fighter, she's not bad...but I think she can go higher other places. So, perhaps, Dasquian can lead her a bit more in that direction? Let me know , Das. And thanks for everyone sighing up!! And it's not too late to take anymore, even if the thread is started you can be added in!!!

But, of course, she's not only going to want to join in neg. but also the other training that is being planned. So, it will aid in her people skills as well. That in itself will make it worthwhile.

spada
Feb 18th, 2004, 05:32:29 PM
your character is set to fit into the story really well. Thats good. Im not sure, but I think I could help a little with my guy. (open to ideas :lol)

imported_Jacali Danner
Feb 18th, 2004, 09:00:13 PM
Sounds great Spada, thanks!! We'll need transports and I'm not really sure where I'm gonna get those. So I've got a few more things to figure out.

Getting approval from the Senate will probably be out of the question, since they really don't have the time. So, I'm up for any ideas on gaining enough transports for the job...

Enlighten me....:)

Rognan Dar
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:47:43 PM
Er...hijack some? Wait, wea re Jedi...TAKE them and say that we will bring them back? No? Hmm...

Your talking about the big, intersteller(sp?) planet kind of transport? Wow, I dont know where you would be able to get something like that. Maybe just borrow some from Lion or at lest ask.

You mentioned something about Jac not fighting well. Do you plan on there being any fights in this thread? Just wondering.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:12:31 AM
I'm in. This looks good... *gives a thumbs up*

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:11:00 AM
I'm going to attempt to aim her more towards aiding in negotiations, since she's not a strong physical fighter, she's not bad...but I think she can go higher other places. So, perhaps, Dasquian can lead her a bit more in that direction? Let me know , Das.

Yes, I'll be coming to aid in the negotiations and keep an eye on Jacali ;)

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 19th, 2004, 04:42:23 AM
I figure, that when the meteors start hitting, there will be a mad rush, people will become out of control and trying like mad to get off the planet, that is when our own people skills will probably go out the door.

It's not going to be an easy task, when you have thousands of people...scared, terrified people trying to get to transports, running other people over in the process. So, we're really going to have to work on trying to keep them calm.

And keep ourselves calm in the process as well. But, that shouldn't be too hard for us, we have an objective, get these people off the planet...

Oh, and I'll PM Lion and see what he says, good thought Rog. I never would've thought of that one. Thanks!!!

Okay, just sent a PM to Lion so that is started. Oh and Rog, there may be fight break outs that we will have to gain control on, people tend to get crazy when they are scared. So, yes we may have to step in with lightsabre's to show them that 'we're going to get you there, just calm down!'

Oh and Das, can Jacali have her sabre by then? I know the crystal thread is going slow, but can she??? Please?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:17:47 AM
I know it's not your fault that's it's going slow, so yeah, she can have the saber. And let it be known that I will come down like a tonne of bricks on anyone who adopts the attitude 'saber now, talk later'!

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 19th, 2004, 05:32:03 AM
Thanks!! Oh, and yes, I didn't mean the 'sabre first, talk later attitude, good point Das.' I merely mean, that we need to step in there and let them know we're there to help...not chop people up...don't need that. That wouldn't go over well.

Any other things that I'm missing here? Give me all the input you guys can, we want this to be a success!!! We've got our goal, so now we need the tools to get to it.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 19th, 2004, 06:13:55 AM
Heh, sounds excellent guys. I'm not quite sure I'm going to be available to participate in any RPs right now, but I'd like to participate in this one.

You need transports, you've got them. What do you need? Light freighters, medium freighters, heavy freighters? Star Cruisers? "Take a look around, I've gotta lots of junk! :lol

Shade Magus
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:27:30 PM
well...if it ain't to late i'll join

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:53:10 PM
First of all, I'd like to give Lion a big hand of applause for coming through for us!!!! *Clapping and hooting*

*I know that's what I was doing when I got your PM* Thanks so much!! :crack

Next, Shade of course, we'd love for you to join in!!! I am just elated with all the feedback and participation that I'm getting with this!!! And I have all of you to thank for that. So..thanks, guys!!! I will start it up on Saturday, so it gives me a couple of days to prepare....

Any other questions or ideas, please step forward.

I do have a question for Lion, about how many people can fit in these ships you've got. I'm probably gonna say we're going to hit at least...4000 per tribe or more? $ major tribes, totals about 16,000 people or to jus tjump it up a bit...possiibly about 18,000. How's that sound to everyone? Fair? Give me input, we're all in this together!!!:rollin

Rognan Dar
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:03:30 PM
*raises hand like a school boy untill the teacher sees him*

Er...what about pairing up and all? Are we going to go at this one tribe at a time or are we going to split up and try to get as many people as possible? And with that 'possible', are we going to have to leave people behind because there is either now room or no time?

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:23:24 AM
Alright, first of all don't mind me, I've got something going on right now and it's completely consumed me and I'm just a very happy person...:D

Ok, we have 7 definites, 1 maybe.

We've got 4 tribes, Desert, Ocean, Forest and Plains.

I'm figuring at the beginning we've got about 20 days before all this goes down, before the Final Armegeddon. So, we could pair up and take on three tribes and then the last tribe we could all go together on.

Alright, we know that Das and Jacali are going to be together, so how about:

Falcon, you take Natia and Rog

Shade, you an Spada, since you've been in RP's together and Lion, if you do join, you could either be with Das or Shade, it doesn't matter, which one.

I know 20 days seems like a lot, but really its not. And throughout this twenty day period meteors will be falling here and there. There even could be the possibility that the people are willing to go, but the head of the tribes think...(Ok, so we've had a meteor drop and kill some people, but it doesn't mean we're going to be losing the entire planet, we're not going anywhere.) That type of thing, problem. So, by the time Day 3 is there, there has been a lot of destruction, in fact to make it even more harder on us, I'll shorten the days to 15. Now, we've got a lot of work to do and not a lot of time to do it.

Das, should I bring this up to the council now or should I be like I already have and we're at the smaller transport that is going to be taking us to the larger one that's just outside our atmoshere? And we're just waiting on everyone to show? I mean , I can take this to council, but it'll take time I'm sure to get the ball rolling. And I don't want to lose anyone to boredom.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:33:35 AM
Your call, really. Which ever you'd prefer. It's your RP after all :)

Lion - if you want to come with me and Jacali, you can. We haven't gotten to do anything really since Armageddon Dawn or Teedas Eyes.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:53:43 AM
Ok, I'm going to just skip the council and we're just gonna head out. I'll put it in Roleplaying and we'll have 15 days to get this done.

I will title it, Peace of Mind, daaaa....I'll have to look up what the true names of the Tribes, I've got them.

Another possibility could be that they have a major group council meet and we could all go to that, and has anyone read the book,

The Appraoching Storm

It's with Obi-Wan and Anakin and a female Jedi team and to get the councils approval they all had to entertain a certain group, I think it was their highest people of the tribe or whatnot. Anyway, they all had to get up in front of the group and do some kind of skill or perform a dance, sing...yadda, yadda, yadda...to get the approval to just be there. I was thinking, it would be kinda neat if we could do something like this and then once that was done they had to perform a feat as a group, to earn their trust.

Because when I invented the planet and the tribes, they do have a council of four and Angelina Kincaid is from there and one of her parents is on this council, so I may just include her too. But, none the less they still would have to do the two things I've talked about. Ok, now for your input on this....

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:57:54 AM
:lol Dasquian has already had to act to deal with a situation, so he could entertain if need be.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:17:36 PM
Good, oh an 2 of the tribes are still in a major dispute. Due to a marriage between them, it didn't go over well. Law states-- there is to be no marriages between the tribes. Stupid law, but oh well....

River and Angelina. And they had kids, so that really didn't go over well. So, there is an ongoing dispute between the Forest clan, and the Ocean Clan. Clan instead of tribe....

So, that will be a new dilemma and of course there will be environmental dilemma's too. So, this should make it more than interesting...:D

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 20th, 2004, 08:56:14 PM
I'm going to ask that my group goes to either the Forest or Ocean clan.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 21st, 2004, 11:21:25 AM
Alright, sounds good, since you are friends with River and Angelina, I'm having thoughts on Angelina's presence, it could hender the entire neg. Due to her breaking of the law...still thinking on that one.

imported_Jacali Danner
Feb 21st, 2004, 01:28:59 PM
Ok, it's started. It's in Storytelling, have fun!!!

spada
Feb 21st, 2004, 01:31:27 PM
Wait you said that these are pretty primitave tribes. Would that mean that they do not have transports of their own? If they do then we could use that, but how would we be getting to the planet? I assume we must request to use a Jedi Starfighter :)

imported_Jacali Danner
Feb 21st, 2004, 01:35:45 PM
No, they don't have transports, we have Lions larger vessels to get us there and smaller transports to get us to the planet, tho we may not be allowed to use them once we're on the planet. The Clan leaders will probably object I would think.

Making it harder on us....

Rognan Dar
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:18:18 PM
Is this 20 day thing already started or is that once we get to the planet? And how long would it take to get us to the planet? Also invovling the amount of time left once we get there.

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:02:10 PM
*Bows to applause* :lol

Alrighty then...lesse...

An MC-90 Star Cruiser, the most prominent warship in the New Republic, has a troop capacity of around 1600. A newer ship, the Defender-class Star Destroyer (yes, it says Star Destroyer...yes, it's a real ship!), has the same capacity, but in a smaller package.

Depending on the model, a standard New Republic troop transport can carry anywhere from 5,000-100,000 troops. Yes, I know 100,000 is a ridiculous number, go blame whoever wrote the Dark Empire comic books. ^_^;

I'd say a good number of ships for this mission would be either a Defender-class Star Destroyer or an MC-90, supporting four Stalwart-class Transports. This would give the taskforce a carrying capacity of around 32,000; more importantly, it will keep the tribes on seperate ships, so they don't warmonger and kill each other en route to...wherever we're putting them. The Defender or MC-90 provides fire support in case asteroids happen to enter their orbital path, and also provides a place for us to base our shuttles from. What do you think?

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:35:56 PM
Perfect. Thanks, Lion!!

Okay, we know what our ships are now.

Rog, from the day she had the dream it was 20 days. We're down to 17 when we step on those transports. 12 hours later it's nearly down to 16 days and that depends what time it is when we arrive, I was thinking of it being morning on Falycin when we arrive, so it's gonna be jetlag really bad, but we'll just have to work past it....problems, problems, problems...we're going to really be testing our strengths here and in 3 and a half days the first onslaught of meteors will be hitting.

Also, good point brought up by Lion, where are we going to take these people once we've saved them. I figure perhaps that can be one of our big discussions while we're on our way to the planet, so be thinking about that one...

Any other suggestions or questions?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2004, 09:58:34 AM
... wait, we aren't taking a huge NR taskforce with us are we ??

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:17:39 PM
I'm just counting on us and the ships crews, that was all...no army...

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:19:40 PM
Lion's post threw me off. Phew.

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:04:29 PM
No problem!!! :)

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 24th, 2004, 08:45:53 AM
Jen, with me, a huge New Republic taskforce is...well, wait until you read my fanfiction. A giant liberation force, composed of elements from 50 sector fleets...upwards of 2,000 ships, it's a beautiful thing. :lol

Especially when you get into the giant slugfests.

An MC-90 and 4 transports is considered light; most patrol fleets have more than that. I mostly brought along an MC-90 to play the role of a giant hangar bay, and as a place for us to sleep en route. ^_^;

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 13th, 2004, 09:16:34 PM
Alrighty, the thread died. So, it's being restarted with only two Jedi teams, we just had too many in it and Falcon disappeared and I'm not sure if and when he's returning. Seems very busy...

Don't want to step on anyone's toes or make anyone mad, but it just had too many people in it.

Jedi teams:

Jacali Danner and Dasquian Belargic

Spada and Shade Magus

*Please don't be upset over this...*

Will be reposting the thread very soon....

imported_Natia Telcontar
Apr 14th, 2004, 08:20:43 AM
Alright. Falcon will be returning, (soon I hope) and I'm not mad.

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 14th, 2004, 10:14:21 AM
*raises hand from the back of the room*

One small question: Where do you propose we house an entire planet? Because they surely can't live on Starships for any serious amount of time, and while Coruscant is big, a tribal people surely wouldn't be happy there, coming in to contact with so much new technology and different species. What's your estimated population of this whole endeavor? Are they all going to go to the Jedi Temple? Will there be a few Force-Sensitive people who would want to become Jedi? What about the Yavin operation...?

:)

imported_Jacali Danner
Apr 15th, 2004, 08:04:37 PM
That's not a small question, that's many small questions...:D

Okay, here goes:

1) Where do you propose we house an entire planet? I'm not entirely sure at the moment.

2) What's your estimated population of this whole endeavor? I think it was like around 18,000 with all the clans.

3) Are they all going to go to the Jedi Temple? No, right now we just want to get them to safety off the planet, the ships are big enough to house them until we figure out where to place them. We may have to get the council involved at that point. Because, we're going to house every clan on a different ship , so they don't try and kill each other. Well, have to meet with the 4 main clan leaders at that point as well and I'm sure there will be some dispute over where they want to go.

4) Will there be a few Force-Sensitive people who would want to become Jedi? Very well could be. That is where the Kincaids came from, River, Angelina....they are both Force-sensitive

5) What about the Yavin operation...? Possibility, if Morgan wouldn't mind that. That would be a good home for the Forestor clan...