PDA

View Full Version : Jumper: First Flight

Xazor Elessar
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:08:30 AM
Jumper
By: Third Eye Blind

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies, that you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand.
I would understand.

The angry boy, a bit too insane,
Icing over a secret pain.
You know you don't belong.
You're the first to fight, You're way too loud,
You're The flash of light, on a burial shroud.
I know something's wrong.
Well everyone I know has got a reason, to say,
put the past away.
You could cut ties with all the lies, That you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand,
I would understand.
And well he's on the table, and he's gone to code.
And I do not think anyone knows,
What they're doing here.
And your friends have left you, You've been dismissed.
I never thought it would come to this, and I, I want you to know,
Everyone's got to face down the demons.
Maybe today, We can put the past away,

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend.
You could cut ties with all the lies, that you've been living in.
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand,
I would understand,
I would understand...

I would understand
I would understand
Understand

Ya ya ya ya yah

Can you put the past away,
I would understand
(I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,)
I would understand
And I would understand
I would understand
And I would understand

The day was warm and the sun beat down on the land below. Everyone one was to look, they could easily see the sheer beauty that the day bestowed upon the trees, rivers, lakes, and every creature -- great and small. It was a day of new beginnings, a day when a bird would take their first flight out of the nest and into the real world.

Surly and steadily, a figure ran down a path cut into the thick grasses that grew amongst the tall trees. With quick feet and a clear motive, it continued until it reached a clearing where the being stopped. Now it was evident who this being was. There in the quiet of all the nature around her stood a warrior, a Lost Jedi. Xazor Elessar, who bore the name of an amazing warlord, her father -- was quiet for once.

There was no need to hurry here, no need to feel rushed or stressed. There was complete silence and nature engulfed one's spirit. It was incredible, it was Eden -- her home. A grin spread across her face instantly as she set her cyan blue eyes upon a pair of butterflies that were flapping their tiny wings and having some sort of spat as they went about their business. It was the perfect day, the perfect place.

"Now where is that Padawan of mine?" The Garou pondered to herself as she looked about. It was beginning to unfold why she had made this trip here, to Eden. It was more than a vacation, more than a get away or a visit to her home. Yes, it was all about her student -- River Kincaid. It had been a long time since he'd seen any real amount of training from her, and lately, the woman had begun to feel rather guilty about this. Today she decided it was time to begin again, to begin River down the path to being Knighted.

Shifting her weight slightly, Xazor stretched as she allowed her mind to open to the Force and wrap its unseen tendrils around her. She felt at peace for once, and felt fully connected to herself and all around her. Slowly her mind reached out to find her student, who of course, she would never have dreamed of leaving behind -- and so, the two of them had come here, alone. Now he would see why. "River -- please, come to me." She gently touched his mind and sat down in the small clearing, awaiting his presence.

River Kincaid
Feb 17th, 2004, 05:35:48 PM
River Kincaid, had been meditating near a small stream, lost in the feeling of the Force. Relaxing, taking in all the sounds around him. He was glad to be here away from all the hustle and bustle of Coruscant, but he thought deeply of his children.

Ry-Obi and Hunter.

They were with Natia and Marcus back on Coruscant, safe.

Like a gentle whisper, he had heard his masters sweet voice in his mind calling to him. He honed in on her, she wasn't too far away. On my way, Master. He answered telepathically and opened his eyes.

River stood and began running in silent feet as if on a grand hunt, as if he were back on Falycin ready to make a kill.

He knew she could feel him, but he was having fun and with a quick jump and roll, he ended up right in front of Xazor.

"Heya, Master!" He smiled and took a deep breath.

Xazor Elessar
Feb 20th, 2004, 05:47:03 PM
Of course, River had caught her by surprise. The Knight's heart jumped and she sat back suddenly with a gasp. "Next time you do that!" She threatened, not finishing her statement. Smiling as her cheeks flushed red, Xazor grinned as she noted the puppy dog eyes he was offering to her in remorse. Shaking her head, she looked down at the ground and motioned for River to sit with her.

"I'm glad you were nearby, I wanted to see you right away." She began, noting his curious expression. Today was a very important day in River's life, and hopefully he would realize that. As if giving some grand speech or a formal introduction, Xazor cocked her head to the side and lofted a brow in a curious manner. "Today shall commence your training." She informed him with a smile.

Of course, River seemed very glad for this. He had been working hard, training with she and Marcus on small missions and had been watching her -- following her example. He was a fine student and she expected a great deal of him. "First, I want you to tell me what area of the Force you feel yourself moving in, and then I will tell you everything you will be learning between now and your ascent to Knighthood."

River Kincaid
Feb 25th, 2004, 07:39:04 PM
River's smile faded, he was very glad to be continuing his training, it was the most important thing to him. But, he had to talk to his Master, from a Padawan's point of view. The two had been through a lot, and he needed to tell her what he was going through. Things were changing, his sensing ability had been changing a great deal and he wasn't even sure how to explain it.

"Umm, Master...before I can answer which way I plan to go...I really need to explain something I can do. Something, I really don't understand."

He bit his lip and sighed. "I can read objects." He more or less mumbled.

Xazor Elessar
Mar 24th, 2004, 07:46:39 PM
Xazor listened intently as River spoke. He seemed a bit uneasy, at first, but soon opened up to her. The words he spoke about reading objects threw her off, though -- way off, as a matter of fact. Shaking her head, the young woman looked at River and laughed at herself for not knowing what to say.

"You can -- what? Read objects?" Again, the Knight shook her head, unable to comprehend exactly what he had meant. Perhaps if she could get him to explain this in a little more detail, it would all become clear as before. "You don't have to be afraid to tell me -- please, explain what you mean."

Xazor smiled and gently took one of River's hands in her own, squeezing it lightly. So far, he was turning out to be one of the most interesting students she had ever taught.

River Kincaid
Mar 24th, 2004, 08:21:17 PM
River felt utterly foolish for a moment, but then relaxed a bit. He breathed out a sigh and looked at her. "I can pick up an object and tell you exactly what the last person looked like that had that object, what they did with it and how it go there." There he said it.

River bit his lip and picked a blade of grass, hoping the distraction would ease his nerves a bit.

Xazor Elessar
Apr 24th, 2004, 11:57:05 AM
"Wow." This was turning out very interesting indeed. He would prove to be a wonderful student, if he was this apt for mentalism abilities. It was right up Xazor's alley and she knew that she could help him. Only recently had she discovered this kind of talent in herself, but it was very underdeveloped. She hoped she could help River.

"That's something very special, and very very useful you have there, River. It is not something to be ashamed of." She smiled and gently placed a hand on his cheek and moved his head so he was looking at her again. "I can help you, okay? First, we have to get refreshed on the basics, though. Are you alright with that?"

River Kincaid
Apr 25th, 2004, 07:48:36 AM
River blew a sigh of relief. He wasn't crazy.

Yes, of course, Master. I'd do whatever you wish of me. I want to learn."