PDA

View Full Version : WTF Commercials

imported_Eve
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:02:04 AM
Okay has anyone seen the latest commercials for Quiznos? What are those THINGS?

http://www.quiznos.com/ They're on the front page, if you haven't seen the commercial. They're half rat, half chicken, and they sing in what I THINK is a mexican accent, while you need subtitles in call bubbles to know what they're saying.

I know the marketing gimmick must be that you can't forget about these mutant rats, and therefore can't forget about Quiznos, but I can't imagine some bigwig somewhere approving this.

These guys also did the toasted vs. untoasted sub commercials (where they stuffed money in the subs to get people to eat them), and the raised by wolves stuff (which some car dealer is doing now).

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:28:48 AM
They look like the things on www.rathergood.com

Sejah Haversh
Feb 17th, 2004, 10:54:58 AM
The moment I saw those ads, I was like, "Dude! Those are the 'We Like The Moon' things!"

I love those ads, and think they're great. If MTV can commission the guy to make Snoop Dogg and his group all gangsta kittens, then Quizno's can get the singing animal things.

jjwr
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:22:25 PM
I think those ads are a riot, I crack up every time I see them.

Figrin D'an
Feb 17th, 2004, 12:22:49 PM
Except that it doesn't make me want to buy their subs. It makes me want to take a baseball bat their marketing head.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 17th, 2004, 02:21:50 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Except that it doesn't make me want to buy their subs. It makes me want to take a baseball bat their marketing head.

Great truth, Fig! Theyre hideous to look at and DO NOT make me want to eat at Quizno's.

Darth007
Feb 17th, 2004, 03:29:00 PM
haha yeah and the Viking Kittens in the "Gay Bar" video were in some VH1 commercial. These guys must've been hired for both commercials.

Edit: yup - http://www.rathergood.com/faq/

spada
Feb 17th, 2004, 06:36:58 PM
i think theyre hamsters with wierd faces put on them. i got freaked out the first time.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 17th, 2004, 07:44:11 PM
i saw the moon video, lol, it was great

as far as i can tell, theyre supposed to be roadkill, but im not really very sure ô_o

Ryan Pode
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:06:16 PM
If their subs weren't so bad, I wouldn't mind.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 17th, 2004, 09:50:48 PM
I think theyre over priced as well and the fact that theyre toasted doesnt impress me.

Ace McCloud
Feb 18th, 2004, 12:26:10 AM

No...but those subs on the front page make me want some. But look how many people are going to their site now, so its working to some degree. :P

Jinn Fizz
Feb 18th, 2004, 07:51:27 AM

I agree completely. I want to know what those guys were smoking when they came up with this idea. >_<

Brian
Feb 18th, 2004, 03:17:05 PM
The mutant animal gag breezes right on by.

Then I trip it as it tries to pass and giggle when it falls!