PDA

View Full Version : Easy boy, you wont feel a thing (Gav)

Naj Arilov
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:04:01 AM
It was rare that Naj visited the stables. It wasn't due to any lack of interest, but mainly due to time constraints and such. After making a quick trip off planet, which he expected to be interrogated about, Naj found himself to have some extra free time on his hands. He'd already visited the stall housing one of the smaller beasts, and in his pocket was a small vile of blood taken from it.

For the most part, the Warbeasts seemed indifferent to him, though some acted violently at the prospect of Naj entered their stall. Of course, these beasts had no outstanding features that made Naj want to deal with them, until he crossed a stable with the name 'Goliath' on the gate. Of all the beasts, Goliath was probably the largest he had encountered thus far, which immediately caught Naj's eye. However, as soon as Naj touched the gate, Golaith immediately rose to attention and let out a threatening growl.

Instead of passing the beast by, Naj tried to soothe him somewhat, but Goliath didn't back off any. Naj wasn't about to give up though, not with the beast being the largest specimen in the stable. Syringe in hand, Naj quietly spoke to the beast, hoping from some kind of response that didnt resemble 'Enter and die'....

Gav Mortis
Feb 18th, 2004, 10:50:29 AM
"He's not going to take to you very well when you're pointing that thing at him." Said Gav, stepping alongside Naj inside the pen and placing a hand on the Chiss' wrist he coaxed him to lower the syringe. The great beast calmed immediatly and settled down, it's wings folding back and it's huge neck lowered it's head to the ground.

"I'd like you to meet Goliath." Gav said, surveying the creature, there was admiration in his eyes and then amusement as he glanced back to his circle comrade. "This one will take some getting used to, Naj, he's as stubborn as a mule and more ferocious than a rancor."

Naj Arilov
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:32:59 AM
"I thought it best to let him know my intentions, instead of surprising him with a needle. I'd hate to get all the way in there, and find myself on the wrong end of his claws."

Naj said, as if defending his own aptitude in dealing with animals. This was the first time he'd met Gav in person, and he wasnt about to let the Sith Master leave with an impression of Naj being dense.

"Do you think you could get a blood sample from him, since you know him better than I?"

Gav Mortis
Mar 1st, 2004, 07:39:51 PM
"Yes, I can do that." Gav answered, taking the needle out of the open blue hand. Eyes narrowing, he studied the implement with suspicious scrutiny, then his gaze lifted from the needle and met Naj's wonderful crimson orbs. Upon opening his mouth to speak, Gav was suddenly interrupted by an angry growl and he turned, along with Naj, to see Goliath having snaked forward until his nostrils were flared up against the thick duraplex screen. Thick patches of steam and condensation formed where his tempered breath had been expelled and his raging eyes were fixed upon the medical tool. Gav looked cautiously back at his compatriot and was still wearing an amused grin.

"Although I think he'll still have something to say about that so it might be a bit more difficult than I'd imagined. That given, I would like to know why you're interested in collecting blood samples from the beasts here. De'Ville failed to inform me you were some sort of veterinarian."

Naj Arilov
Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:44:06 AM
"It's an interest of mine. I hold a special admiration for beasts such as these, and learning how they are made, how they work, Well, it's a curiousity that I cannot ignore."

Naj stated, not sure if he should come right out and say, 'well, I just wanna take really big things and make them even bigger, and with more teeth.' He knew little of Gav, and prefered to keep his intentions less than obvious, until he was sure that he wasn't stepping on any toes.

Gav Mortis
Mar 14th, 2004, 07:36:53 AM
"They are magnificent beasts, aren't they?" Gav replied, his eyes on Goliath as he entered the pen, the vast creature sat upright and made a threatening growl and reared on his haunches, ready to strike.

"Cayote, kannolum inshir!" He shouted with one hand raised, the beast stop growling and stared at Gav, still ready to strike.

"Ecumteda shirayotum davira nuch." Gav added in a soothing voice.

Goliath relaxed and settled himself back onto the floor while Gav stood next to him, affectionately patting the beast about the neck and with a look of satisfaction, Gav turned to Naj.

"It should be alright to come inside now, he should let you take a sample while I'm here."

Naj Arilov
Jun 13th, 2004, 06:21:56 PM
Slowly, Naj stepped into the pen, keeping a sharp eye on Goliath. The beast wouldn't even feel the needle, as most animals would be naturally numb to an amount of pain that small. More or less, Naj just didn't want Goliath to think that he was in any kind of danger, which would provoke a very negative reaction from the beast.

Once Naj moved to Goliath's side, he worked in slow motion. He eased his hand around the base of Goliath's wing, letting the beast go through it's natural shiver sensation before trying to push the needle in.

"How is he acting?"