PDA

View Full Version : Reporting a attempted murder...

Sam Corbett
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:27:11 AM
Following on from this:Incident (http://69.56.186.201/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34318)

It was still, even now, raining incredibly hard outside and as Sam entered the Recruitment office after coming from the bar and grill. He trudged half a gallon it seemed of rain water in with him along with piles of mud from his heavy boots. The sqwelshing sound was almost unbearable for the others within the hall who sat in silence waiting for their turn at joining the Order as he made a very wet journey up to front desk.

It seemed only one was on duty this time in the evening and it seemed the man was still talking with an applicant, the 6 foot 6 hooded man stood idle as he waited for the man to finish with the young lad, no older then 5 or 6 and report the situation that had happened only half an hour before, he, Sam Corbett had attempted to kill someone and it was in his nature to stand up to what he had done and face its consequences.

He was guilty for trying to kill the man, and he knew it.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:39:38 AM
"All right. I think you're really some Jedi material!" Wei said in an encouraging manner to the child. "You run along now, ok?"

An impulsive hug from the youngster caught the Jedi Knight off balance, nearly knocking him on his backside as the little one ran off, shouting and exulting that he would one day become a Jedi.

Wei caught his balance, and stood up, dusting himself off and stretching his arms over his head with a happy smile as he watched the small figure disappear.

"Sorry if I have made you wait. My name is Wei Wu Wei. How can I be of help?"

Sam Corbett
Feb 16th, 2004, 09:52:01 AM
Now Sam came to think of it, what exsactly would he say to the Jedi. A few times a quick, brief explination scurried through his head while the Jedi stood there, his smile seemigly just hanging. Soon the Jedi will think hes mad, off his rocker, if he didn't answer quickly he would turn and assist som-

' Im here Mr. Wei to report a attempted Murder about half an hour ago. I er- was walked down the cat walk between the Bar and Grill and i heard a light scuffle, noone seemed to notice, so i decided to check it out...'

He stopped just then and pulled back his hood, he was wearing a light brown baseball cap, he had a thick jaw, strong face and soft eyes, he was trying to how his true side, the face without the hood, rarely seen by many.

' The rest is a blur, i just flung myself at him...'

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2004, 08:37:50 AM
Wei nodded. The man was evidently rattled about his actions. For as strong and powerful as the man seemed, he was certainly gentle and didn't like what he had tried to do.

"I see. So, you tried to kill one of the people scuffling in the alleyway? What was all the scuffling about? Do you remember?"

Sam Corbett
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:18:18 AM
He looked down to the plush, well groomed floor. It seemd to have been ruined by the river of water from the doorway aswell as the mud that had been dragged in along with it. He shook he head and looked back up towards the jedi, something diffrent upon his face now, remeberence.

' A man and a woman....' He said shaking his head again, his eyebrows knitting together in thought. ' The man had the woman by her hair, she was kneeling, he was trying to place her mouth...well...you know...' He said gesturing towards his own crotch.

'She was crying, he was angry, i knew what was going on, i'd seen it before in Nar Shadaa before. My fist landed up in the back of his head, we fought i managed to strangle him to the point of calaps, i dont know if hes dead or not...i took the woman the to Bar and Grill where your Orders gaurds attended to her, along with a Jedi, a mute Jedi...' He said quickly and quietly as if paniked.

He looked down towards the floor again, the mud now seemed to be caking itself to the marble floor. ' I did not know where else to go...'

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2004, 03:03:46 PM
Wei nodded. "I see. Well, it's already happened, so there's nothing we can do about it. But you did the right thing by trying to stop her. Although it seems your methods are what have you so...uppity."

Wei had not noticed the water and mud all over the floor. It would be attended to later, and the floor would look brand new. But what was important was taking care of this stranger.

"I must commend you for your swift action. However, sometimes simply speaking up can be enough to make an attacker stop pursuing his victim."

Wei took a breath and continued before Sam could formulate any sort of negative thoughts he could beat himself up with. "But sometimes we must also strike out. And I realize that you are very passionate about justice being done."

Sam Corbett
Feb 17th, 2004, 03:08:28 PM
' Thank you...' He said looking back towards Wei and gave no smile or notion he was happy Wei had made his spirits rise slightly ' Would you like to arrest me, call the Coruscant Watch or?' He said, sotpping in mid sentance...

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 18th, 2004, 03:19:54 PM
"What I would like is for you to consider joining the ranks of the Jedi Order."

The words came out easily, and Wei didn't quite realize what he had said until it was too late. Usually the GJO didn't go out looking for recruits: they already had plenty. It was usually the recruits that came knocking.

"Yeah. Join up here, and learn self-control and how to manage yourself. We can teach you to keep a clear head, and maintain self control. You'll be able to better handle situations like the one you found yourself in earlier today."

Sam Corbett
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:16:28 PM
' I mean if-what?'

The Jedi had said something completely unexpected, at least it seemed so with the face he presented the Knight. He stood for a moment eye to eye with the Councilmen, well atleast Wei had to look up to view the bulky mans face.

The idea the Knight was presenting Sam with was quite strange. He had just tried to kill a man and yet the Knight was offering him a place within the Order. Sam's idea of the Jedi was at the completely other end of the spectrum, he thought he would be arrested for his crime...

' Why would you offer me a place?...i just halmed a man isn't it against order regulation to hurt another without merit?' Sam said quickly, yet said it as if he already knew.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 19th, 2004, 01:42:56 PM
Wei shrugged. "Yeah, reckless violence is something to be looked down on, but the thing is, we can train it out of you."

Wei met Sam's eyes. "It seems like you would really appreciate the help getting these violent tendencies out of your system. I can beat you black and blue and throw you in a jail cell, but it won't help you learn to handle situations more constructively, now will it?"

Sam Corbett
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:56:32 PM
' I...i dont know...'

He lowered his head and looked down to the dry mud that was now caked around his feet. It was quite a proposition and at this moment in time it seemed a very tempted proposition. Bespin and Cloud City had been a worse place to be, he had done so many odd jobs that it was rediculous.

' I have no...ur..saber training...'

He had a slight morsal of force within him though it was hardly enough to call adept but if he joined the Jedi perhaps they would coax it from him. he had no home so why should be not accept the offer? he nodded slowly towards Wei, the Knight.

' I have nowhere else to go, so i will accept the offer, though please remind yourself im not anything special, i simply stopped a woman from being hurt, thought i will work hard to repay my debt of your offer, Jedi' He said with a slight smile...

He had not had a home or been to his home atleast...for a long while.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:13:12 PM
Wei shrugged it off. "And another thing we are going to work on: that attitude of yours. You are indeed very unique. You just don't know how it is you are unique yet. And please don't give any thought to your lack of ability to use a lightsaber or the Force. That's why you're here. To learn to do that kind of stuff."

Wei chuckled and gave Sam a firm pat on the back. "Not a bad day outside, huh?"