PDA

View Full Version : Angel canceled(Sign the petition to save it)

Orig. Sin Lance Casey
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:13:13 AM
Dear Friends,

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Angel Season 6"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition
service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/angels6/

I personally agree with what this petition says. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and
consider
signing yourself.

Best wishes,

Lance Casey

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:51:18 PM
Online petitions don't work.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:00:03 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
Online petitions don't work.

WRONG. Farscape, anyone?

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:04:53 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
WRONG. Farscape, anyone?
Oh yeah. :grumble

Shawn
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:07:08 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
WRONG. Farscape, anyone? Yeah, that didn't work very well, either. If anything, it was probably sites like savefarscape.com that got that little bit of fanservice. And I'm doubtful until I see it done.

I've seen hundreds of online petitions and watched them all be summarily ignored. I just started watching Angel, and I was upset to find out that it was cancelled, but the petition isn't going to do anything. If you really want your voice heard, e-mail the WB execs. 100 e-mails protesting the decision will have much more impact than 1,000 anonymous names on a list.

ReaperFett
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:11:05 PM
If you want to make an even bigger impact, snail mail is the way to go. Then you're giving them a physical thing to move.

Also, put some effort into your actual letter. Anyone can sign a petition, but not everyone can say WHY it shouldn't be cancelled. They'd care more if you put the time in, IMO.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:17:25 PM
Barry M. Meyer, Chairman and CEO
Warner Bros.
400 Warner Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91522 Just looked for an address - dunno if it's correct, but then who knows. :)