PDA

View Full Version : concerning the war...

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:06:51 PM
... between the sov and the fed, khendon and i have run through a few scenarios that will allow the war to start without any of the ooc hard feelings that have already been flying.

in a nutshell, it is this:

yag'dhul was made a protectorate of the sov under extreme duress. mr. hyde, obviously unhappy about this, goes to the federacy to make a treaty in order to help drive the sov out of his system.

a week later, terrisz'voss, the military corporate congomerate on yag'dhul launches an attack on the sov station which is positioned on the edge of the system. it is only rational to expect the sov to retaliate - at which point hyde calls on the federacy which is waiting. what follows is of course the beginnings of war.

now. what can happen, even though things were changed to make anar chancelor instead of emporer, is that he is in the stages of becoming emporer. i say "what can happen" because i have it only on second hand knowledge that matt does inf act wish there to be an emporer instituted.

this information of the planned naming of an emporer is leaked, finding its way to khendon who of course contact visc with this news.

thus the reason for visc to arrive.

during the middle of this war, yag'dhul will, i am fairly certain, become a war zone on a scale that hyde had not even imagined, therefore causing him to strike out against both factions, the sov and the fed, thus creating a "new rebellion" which would twist the plot even more.

this is a very brief rundown, but it is what khendon and i came up with.

thoughts, questions, comments, and ideas are welcome, so please voice them.

Teleran Balades
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:39:02 AM
Creative. And how would the NR react to the war?

Tear
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:45:38 PM
It would be hilarious if they took advantage of whats gonna be our weaken states and smashed us into nothingness :p

Travis North
Feb 14th, 2004, 02:55:45 PM
It would. Wouldn't it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:03:26 PM
i talked with resh, and he said that if tv ever needs help, then to just ask. im not sure about whether or not hed try to exploit your situation - it might be foolhardy if he did anyways. as much as the sov doesnt like the fed, im sure both hate the nr much more and would gang up and beat the living tar out of the nr before going back to bloodying eachothers noses

Jarek T'chort
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:21:16 PM
Originally posted by Travis North
It would. Wouldn't it.

Post in Scythe when you can Commander.

I think its a great idea s'ill. Myself and Tear are of the opinion that we should try some sort of temporary truce with the NR, freeing up our armies to use against the Federacy. We stop our offensive against them, but in order to have bargaining leverage against them, Colonel Tear's skills will be utilised in capturing a NR leader. Someone high up enough to be bargained for. We keep the hostage until the crisis is over and we emerge victorious.

Tiberious, this'd be great for Anar to get his diplomacy skills flowing.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:32:00 PM
Yes, I suppose it would. But rather than a hostage what about using bacta as leverage?

Travis North
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:34:30 PM
Hostage > Bacta

Tiberius Anar
Feb 15th, 2004, 12:49:15 PM
Explain.

Jarek T'chort
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:08:19 PM
Bacta is useful but it'd not be enough. They would have stocks anyways. All they'd need to do was allow ourselves and the Federacy to knock the heck out of each other and they could move in and seize the Bacta supplies of the Sovereignty, maybe even Thyferra.

With a hostage we have more leverage since even if we are weakened they won't dare attack us.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 15th, 2004, 01:57:17 PM
just keep in mind that if charley and morg decide to do something, they DO have the resources to crush both factions, pretty much

Tiberius Anar
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:12:47 PM
Okay.

I'll be offline until wednesday evening. Just so you all know.

Jarek T'chort
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:28:35 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
just keep in mind that if charley and morg decide to do something, they DO have the resources to crush both factions, pretty much

oh that sucks........well this is just a suggestion, if it did come to that it really wouldnt be worth it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:34:02 PM
well see, the thing is, its really 50/50 whether or not theyd do it. its alot like the 'let sleeping dogs lie' thing.

what i can do is have terrisz'voss step up their attack on the station before bestine is hit - unless it already has been?

till wed night? that sucks. unless youre going to a 3 day long party with a whole bunch of hot chicks :p

Jarek T'chort
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:47:48 PM
No need to rush the Terrisz'voss. I got all the thread sorted now, we're are on the verge of exiting hyperspace and the NR guys are waiting. I can't call off the attack now. Plus it will be a kick -rear- thread.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 15th, 2004, 02:55:40 PM
sall cool

Jarek T'chort
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:05:12 PM
how'd you get those boobs next to your name? I want a lil piccy there!

Travis North
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:09:13 PM
Go to User CP. Hit Edit profile and scroll down to Personal Icon from there you can enter a pic.

Jarek T'chort
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:23:16 PM
danke Trav!

Travis North
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:27:14 PM
I'm looking at your avatar, then the icon. Now I'm picturing your avatar listening to Korn. lol

Jarek T'chort
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:44:12 PM
ahaha even Field Marshal's need to rock out. \m/

Aegis Du' Caat
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:10:15 AM
Well as far as being concerned with the NR, Telan and I foresaw something like that happening if we were to do battle with, it was Balmorra at the time, and be weakened. That is where my character comes in, I've been creating an elite fleet in the UR (btw if anyone wants to become a captain or commodore in my task force let me know and I'll let you in on the details of the operation we have located on Hessia.)

If the NR decided to attack, my task force would be put on immediate alert and come to attempt to swing the tide of the war, add that to a return by Visc, whom I'm sure would return if the NR attempted to wipe out the Imp Factions and i don't think the NR would know what hit them.

Tear
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:57:36 AM
Would your elite task force be coming to aid in the upcoming war with the Federacey?

Aegis Du' Caat
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:28:28 AM
It could, but I haven't finished the RP's for it yet, such as the construction of the Shipyards and the weapons factory. I should have the thread with the beginnings done soon and could rp a few things but nothing real fantastic.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:05:29 PM
Yes, but we wait for Matt before we do anything about the Fed.

Jarek T'chort
Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:17:00 PM
Where art thou, Matthias?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:19:52 PM
ill call him again today, see whats going on

Travis North
Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:15:03 PM
Just wondering. How would I go about getting my CT changed?

Jarek T'chort
Feb 23rd, 2004, 04:49:17 AM
s'Ils posts look like an art gallery now!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:40:44 AM
thats cause im an artist, silly :p

and i called matt - he didnt answer, so i left a message.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:10:51 PM
I'm sure he will turn up eventually. Let's not hassle him too much.

Anywhoo I was browsing through the Royal Court Yard when I found this:

http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=34455

Read. Assess. Comment HERE, not in the above thread. We'll formulate our response and I will present it. That way we avoid any arguments with him or Khendon.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 24th, 2004, 04:28:40 PM
i dont hassle. i nag.

as for pietts thread, i think it would be good to explore. hes genuinely excited about whats going to happen, and he and i talk about it constantly.

its a chance for the sov to get a feel for the fed, and vice versa. until terrisz'voss screws it all up, that is :)

Tear
Feb 24th, 2004, 10:17:48 PM
I think its a bad idea.. Me thinks they are up to something..

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 24th, 2004, 11:00:09 PM
youre intel - you think everything is either a bad idea or a conspiracy :p

Tiberius Anar
Feb 25th, 2004, 12:19:06 PM
Originally posted by Tear

Only in character, out of character they aren't. I get the feeling Khendon won't cheat like that.

Tear
Feb 25th, 2004, 03:32:05 PM
Thats what i meant Anar.

*Arches an eyebrow at Si' and writes down something on his little nod pad* ...im on to you.o_O

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 25th, 2004, 04:46:51 PM
whats a nod pad?

and for that matter, who is si' ?

cause i sure dont know who she is :)

Travis North
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:04:39 PM
He's just drunk.

If your job is as pointless as their's what would you do?

Wait that is your job.

Teleran Balades
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:38:45 PM
Originally posted by Tear

Hey think of it this way, if we go with this IC they're definantly going send some spies, dicreetly of course. But we can do the same to them, some Federacy Tech. would really be usefull.

Travis North
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:04:42 PM
I like your thinking.

Tear
Feb 25th, 2004, 06:09:42 PM
*hics* I nut drunk11..

Anyway. Im already on the Fed Tech situation just needed a lil Q&A from Telan. and..my jobs not pointless! It has all sorts of points...

*takes another swig and points at Travis* see...

Jarek T'chort
Feb 26th, 2004, 05:53:54 AM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
i dont hassle. i nag.

as for pietts thread, i think it would be good to explore. hes genuinely excited about whats going to happen, and he and i talk about it constantly.

its a chance for the sov to get a feel for the fed, and vice versa. until terrisz'voss screws it all up, that is :)
I agree. Plus any Rp's we do with them will improve our own Rping skill and get us more experience in interacting with other Rper's.

Telan Desaria
Feb 26th, 2004, 07:30:01 AM
I msu order his allowance into the Sovereignty. If Khendon orders him to do something against the rules, he would not. He's been here too long.

However, the Moffs and Ambassadors operate under the Ministorium Politik Kommissariat which itself operates under Tiberius Anaar. So the show will be his. Questions?

He's a good rpper and I agree with JArek.