PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed?

JMK
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:09:32 PM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3445

Personally I lump this in with Indiana Jones 4.
If they make another Lethal Weapon or Mad Max, fine, if not, oh well. Realistically Gibson probably is too old to be making these movies, but I would have been there to see them anyway had they decided to do it.

Was anyone really anxiously expecting/awaiting these movies?

darth_mcbain
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:16:51 PM
Can't say I'm too disappointed... I had heard buzz for Mad Max 4 for a while, but it seemed like the longer the buzz went on - the less likely the movie was ever going to get made... I don't think either of those movies would be good - in both cases the series are well enough left alone. Kudos to Mel to know when to hang it up with those series...

Sejah Haversh
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:21:15 PM
NOOO!!! Unacceptable, Mel, unnacceptable!

If Arnold can get back in chape for T3, Mel can get back in shape for Mad Max.

Dang it! I was really, really looking forward to that one, especially the car. I need to know if they're going to use a Falcon again, especially that 76 XC Cobra.

How could you let your fans down, Mel? No Lethal Weapon 5, I can understand, but to turn down the series that gave your career life? That's just evil.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:57:51 PM
Leathal Weapon 5 would be stupid. Mad Max is a maybe he could do it but who knows.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:57:07 PM
Im kind of like you on this, JMK - fine if they do, fine if they dont.

While I was never a fan of Mad Max movies, it might be interesting to see where Gibson's char would be today. I picture him graying and the patriach of some funky community.

JMK
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:39:17 PM
Originally posted by Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Im kind of like you on this, JMK - fine if they do, fine if they dont.

Well smart people tend to think like me. ;)

Jinn Fizz
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:51:41 PM
No Lethal Weapon 5 is okay by me...I loved the first one, hated the second one, and haven't bothered with the third and fourth ones.

But Mad Max...I love that entire series. I wouldn't mind seeing one last movie that gives Max's story some kind of resolution.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:11:23 AM
Originally posted by JMK
Well smart people tend to think like me. ;)

GMTA ;)

(great minds think alike)

Sejah Haversh
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:18:20 AM
Mad Max: Fury Road wouldn't even need to have that much action. IT's mostly plot and cars, anyhow. Sure, he might have to trek throught eh wasteland, a little, but I wouldn't be expecting Jet Li-esque fight scenes. Heck no, that's not Mad Max. Mad Max is being smart, and being tough when that fails.

And if Paul Newman can still professionally race cars, Mel Gibson ought to be able to do some off-roading in a Falcon.

And if he doesn't want to do it, I will do it for him, free of charge.

Charley
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:28:09 PM
I love Mad Max. Its the closest thing I got to having Fallout: The Movie.