PDA

View Full Version : An Overlooked Matter (Figrin)

Pierce Tondry
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:27:41 PM
The Jedi Masters of the Order were sometimes hard to get ahold of. Between hashing out deals with Senators and handling matters of the Order itself, they were notoriously busy. Getting past the security guarding them and the layers of bureacracy could be worse. Getting into their schedule could be even more difficult and trying.

"Master D'an?"

Enter a man skilled at navigating them all.

Pierce closed the door behind him softly as he stepped into the room. "Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to discuss one of the Padawans. Can I trouble you for a moment?"

Figrin D'an
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:48:19 PM
"Of course, Pierce," Figrin said from behind a modest desk. "Have a seat."

Admittedly, the day had been slower than most. It seemed as though he could accomplish nothing with the current politics on the Senate floor. Oh, how he disliked filibusters. It wasn't even worth spending time in the observation room. At least he could retreat to his assigned office and find slightly more interesting ways to waste time.

"You've caught me a good time. So, what's on your mind?"

Pierce Tondry
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:59:47 PM
Pierce leaned casually against the doorframe and crossed his arms. "It's about Kale- Oriadin's Padawan. The lightsaber that I returned to the Hall of Artifacts and said I found? He stole it. Apparently he has both a talent and a penchant for stealing. That could be a problem."

"I don't suppose that Oriadin will suddenly have a wide-open schedule anytime soon, will he?"

Figrin D'an
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:19:05 PM
Figrin twisted his face in thought, then shook his head.

"No, he likely won't be available for any time in the forseeable future. He's still on assignment, from what I know."

"That section of the Archives is restricted," Figrin considered aloud. "Kale must have some good slicing skills to have gotten to it. Have you confronted him about this yet?"

Pierce Tondry
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:35:23 PM
"I caught him in the act of returning it. One of his friends convinced him to do the right thing, apparently."

Pierce's lip curled. "He's a good kid, but he feels abandoned. He's afraid of being lost in the system. And we all know where fear leads."

The Jedi Knight leaned forward off the door, his posture steadfast. "I think it would be... unjust for someone not to step in."

Figrin D'an
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:47:58 PM
"I agree," Figrin nodded. "The padawan needs guidance. It's certainly best to handle this now, before it potentially becomes a chronic problem."

The Jedi stood and walked around the desk, eventually leaning back on it casually.

"We might even be able to focus these talents of his in a positive way, if handled right," he considered.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:52:10 PM
"I've seen it done," Pierce said confidently. "I can teach him."

Figrin D'an
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:30:25 AM
"Is this to be an informal instruction," Figrin asked," or are you looking to take Kale as an apprentice? I'm sure it won't be a problem either way, we'll just need to know for record keeping purposes."

Pierce Tondry
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:53:05 AM
Pierce considered. "Make it official," he said thoughtfully. "I think it'll give him a feeling of security to know he's being looked after and he needs that right now."

"I can work him out of the system after he gets accustomed to it."

Figrin D'an
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:58:37 PM
Figrin nodded.

"Alright, I'll make sure the Council is aware that you'll be teaching him. If you need any assistance in helping him make the transition, just let me know, or talk to one of the other Council members."

The Jedi Master smiled.

"Your first apprentice," he commented. "I think we're all happy to see you becoming a teacher. I'm sure Kale will be as well."

Pierce Tondry
Feb 16th, 2004, 03:10:30 PM
"Maybe. I don't claim to think about the Jedi Code the same way a lot of people do. But I'll do as right by Kale, as if he were Jax."

Pierce cocked an ear towards the door. "I'll need to be going in a minute, I think. You going to be at the Bar and Grill this evening?"

Figrin D'an
Feb 16th, 2004, 05:23:12 PM
"I may," he shrugged. "I haven't really thought that far ahead today. Provided nothing exciting happens around here that will keep me late, there's nothing on my calendar, so a relaxing drink or two would fit in quite well."

"Is there something else you wanted to discuss?," Figrin inquired. "If so, I can make sure I'm there."

Pierce Tondry
Feb 16th, 2004, 10:26:46 PM
"My head says no, but my gut says yes. If you want to hear the story behind that, I don't mind sharing when we both have more time."

Pierce's face revealed nothing except some small confusion about the eyes. If he'd understood it all, he probably wouldn't have mentioned it to begin with- something Figrin was likely aware of.