PDA

View Full Version : Most frustrating gaming experiences?

JMK
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:56:33 PM
This one's easy for me, 3 of them:

Choplifter on Sega Master System, once you finished the 'last' level, the game would start over, only at a harder setting.

Madden 2003. If anyone has figured out how to play defense in this game vs the computer, please tell me. >_<

Darth Viscera
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:21:27 PM
MMORPG

Charley
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:58:31 PM
1. Rancor in Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
2. Last Chinese mission in C&C Generals
3. Surviving the Biomass in System Shock 2
4. Surviving Jack Lupino in Max Payne

Vhiran Crescent
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:03:52 PM
Need for speed underground and Call of Duty on hardest difficulty. I simply hate losing. I am playing both quite frequently now, so my gaming life is pretty frustrating right now.

Mechanoid
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:39:53 AM
1) Last level on Halo, bloody time limit buggy drive between the core of a ship to the escape ship with every bloody thing you can imagine in the way....did it with 4 seconds to spare, took me if i recall 18 times.

2) Last Level on MOH ( Medal Of Honor)
Where you need to escape the mustard gas facility after you have deternated the bombs, every bloody german officer in your way firing STG 44's, throwing grenades and not giving two damns about the explosions blowing up around you, fire burning you and walls blocking your way while a wall of fire follows you. Did it, but with much head banging.

3) Splinter Cell in the 2nd chinese embassy visit. Where you need to put on your heat goggles and look at the door code pads to see the heat traces left by the guards and find the code out, the times i got that code wrong is uncountible, i got through it, but damn.

darth_mcbain
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:36:44 AM
I've been playing Baldur's Gate (I know - older game, but I love it) for the past few months. The game takes forever to beat - and I was getting pretty close to the end. Then, I had to install some OS patches for some other software and poof - my savegames no longer load. The game itself loads, but I would have to start back at the beginning. Something about how the games are saved is dependent on the patch level of the OS you're on. ARGH!!!

JMK
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:46:34 PM
Right now I'm taking another run at Bounty Hunter. It's all fine and dandy until you get to Malastare. Damn I hate that level world. >_<

Darth007
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:18:36 PM
hmm, there have been sooo many "moments" in my history of playing games, but the most frustrating that stands out to me would have to be the Perfect Dark challenges. There were about 30, and several were so insanely agrivating to beat, but there was one especially where it took place on the Villa map, and you had to kill several Aliens, and the team ratio was always like 3:1. I remember the tactic they recommended was tranq-ing the fast little guys and then taking them out. If anyone even knows what im talking about, haha.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2004, 03:34:03 AM
Faustus on Blood Omen 2. It was so simple once I got the hang of it, but I fought him about 30 times before I finally floored him. :shakefist

Travis North
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:28:12 AM
Dead to Rights. The part where you have to hold your breath under water until help arrives. I hate A+B repeatedly stuff. I'm still stuck on that part. I can make it past the first two dunkings but the third one is 20 seconds of A+B over and over. By that time my fingers hurt.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:51:49 AM
oh, that reminds me. having to give mouth-to-mouth on Final fantasy 7 took too long, and beating Adel on Final fantasy 8 without killing Rinoa was impossible :x

Silus Xilarian
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:41:17 PM
Soul Calibur 2. I forget which dungeon it is, but its one where the ability to knock back enemies has been increased, which is all well and good, til you run into spawn. Knock back is normal against him, he takes no damage, and hes just about impossible to knock off the edge. The only time I managed to put any damage on him, he levitated, and I caught him with an air combo. The damage was so little though, i didnt even know I had done any, until he finally killed me and didnt get 'Perfect' like all the other times.

EDIT: The trick is fighting him about 20 times near the edge of the platform. Eventually he'll end up jumping off by accident (or boredom)