PDA

View Full Version : Liam Neeson in Batman?

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:53:46 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=826

Bale, Caine, Freeman AND Neeson? This movie has pedigree, no doubts about it :)

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:37:12 PM
Liam Neeson = :D

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:10:29 PM
Neeson I guess would play Ra's Ah Ghul right? And Freeman would be Commisioner Gordon. That would work great Morgan Freeman would do justice to that role.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:56:33 PM
All it says is that Neeson is playing a villain. I don't know who that would be...

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:01:32 AM
Liam Neeson or Paul Newman are the only two actors I can possibly see to play Al Ghul. Nobody else can bring the look and the feel to it, and I feel that Neeson is a great choice.

Dan the Man
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:04:02 AM
Uh...Al Ghul has a creepy foreignness to him. Neither Neeson nor Newman come even close.

IMO, they'd be better suited to have Jeremy Irons for the part.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:05:34 AM
Neeson is foreign though and is good at playing accents I like the decision.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:43:48 AM
Whoever plays him, he'll have a very, very hard time topping the version in the Animated series from the mid ninties. That version was phenomena. The whole series was great, and I have a feeling that Red Klaw will probably appear in the next movie.

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:57:53 AM
Irons could do it quite well. He's got the right kind of presence for it.

JMK
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:06:52 AM
Well apparently those who think Neeson is wrong for Al Ghul are wrong themselves. Neeson and Freeman are confirmed, with the former being the international terrorist!

http://superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=872

ReaperFett
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:17:35 AM
Freeman isn't Gordon? Hm, wonder who'll get that gig now.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:25:33 PM
I am surprised they are giving Lucius Fox such a big role, I wonder how that is going to work.

JMK
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:39:00 AM
Goes to show how unreliable the net is. Now it's being reported that Neeson is not playing Al Ghul, but Wayne's mentor Ducard.
http://superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=879

In a bit of a blunder, Variety reported yesterday that Liam Neeson was playing the villain, Ra's Al Ghul, in Christopher Nolan's Batman.

The trade has now issued a correction, saying that Neeson instead is playing Henri Ducard, mentor to Bruce Wayne in the Warner Bros. film.

This brings us back to square one with the villains. All we know is that Cillian Murphy is a villain in the film, but the studio has not disclosed who.

ReaperFett
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:00:32 AM
There not going to have any money left for Ghul at this rate ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:53:07 AM
Maybe Ghul won't be in it are we sure he is? Murphy is the Scarecrow I think.

JMK
Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:06:57 AM
http://superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=887

Now Ken Watanabe is rumored to be in Batman. They say he's a pretty major character, but won't say who...

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:00:56 PM
I bet he is a samauri type character.

ReaperFett
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:16:02 PM
Ghul's lower I would guess. The Bane to Poison Ivy in B&R, only.....good? :)

JMK
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:19:29 PM
We can only hope...

ReaperFett
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:21:27 PM
Also, it seems to confirm Harvey Dent #3. Worked with Nolan before. Dunno who, except it wont be Guy "I wont do superhero movies, but Time Machine? Woo!" Pearce :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:48:49 PM
Will this Dent be Two-Face though? Billy Dee never got to play him heh.

ReaperFett
Feb 22nd, 2004, 12:58:41 PM
I think it'll be Dent. Like BD, have him there so he's there for the next one. IMO, that's why they have so many big names in this with roles we assume will be small. They are then established names for #2.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:02:38 PM
They could go with Joker in the second one, of course finding somebody as good as Jack won't be easy.

JMK
Feb 22nd, 2004, 02:27:07 PM
Boy to me that's a touchy one. Jack was SO good as the Joker a part of me doesn't want to see anyone else play him, for that actor's sake, and for Jack's sake. Of course the Joker is Batman's arch nemesis and has to be included in any Batman story at some point, but geez would it be difficult to top what Jack has already put out there.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 22nd, 2004, 10:17:45 PM
I am not sure who can do it. They would obviously have to go with a different approach with the Joker. Also they can't do too many new villains. There aren't any good left except ClayFace and he might be tough to do.

ReaperFett
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:34:45 AM
Watanabe has confirmed he's been spoken to, Quaid is apparently close to nabbing Gordon.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:41:51 AM
I thought Quaid was out for that role? That was the story at least a couple of months ago.

ReaperFett
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:43:52 AM
Well, the rumours have reappeared :)
http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=898

Dennis Quaid is "close" to being signed for the part of Jim Gordon, the Gotham City beat cop that will one day become police Commissioner. Gordon has an important role to play in the picture. One might even say that fate will deal him -- and subsequently the Dark Knight -- a card that sets the course for their future and that of Gotham City.

Cillian Murphy is playing The Scarecrow, but you already know that.

At present, the concept for this film's Batmobile is unlike the looks of Batman's wheels from the four earlier films. Instead, this incarnation of the Batmobile -- at least at this stage of development -- might look like it has more in common with the behemoth depicted in Frank Miller's legendary THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS comic book series. As our source tells us, "the Batmobile will be big and bulky, like an urban tank."

There is talk about changing the working title of the project to BATMAN BEGINS.

One of the film's major action scenes will take place inside a Tibetan palace and will not involve Batman -- but a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne. Much <smallfont color=gold>-REAR-</smallfont>-kicking will take place inside that palace, and it will be upon the film's main villain, or more specifically, his henchmen.

When you see the way Goyer and Nolan choose to end their movie, you'll be wishing that the sequel will be coming out tomorrow. And that's all we'll say about that.

I'm a bit worried hearing of the Batmobile though.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:46:38 AM
I like the change of title the other one just doesn't sound very catchy.

ReaperFett
Feb 23rd, 2004, 06:24:11 PM
Not Batman related, but DC comics-ish. When reading a news article about Schwarzenegger, I saw this:

However, Lockyer's office has decided to expedite its reply to a lawsuit San Francisco filed last week challenging the laws that forbid same-sex marriage, Hallye Jordan, a spokeswoman for the attorney general, said Sunday. She said the reply would probably be filed early this week.
Now that just isn't fair. How can someone be allowed to use the Green Lantern????? :)

Shawn
Feb 24th, 2004, 10:57:50 AM
I haven't been keeping up with this one... is this movie what has become of the rumored "Batman: Year One" flick that was to be directed by Darron Aronofsky? If so, that makes me sad. Chris Nolan is good, but I would have liked to have seen Aronofsky try his hand at something like this.

Watanabe was confirmed as Ra's Ah Ghul. So Chuck was right on the money in saying that they needed someone foreign looking.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 24th, 2004, 12:25:16 PM
I don't know if I understand that, Ra's A Ghul was European as far as the comics go. I am not sure if I like this move.

ReaperFett
Feb 24th, 2004, 12:41:24 PM
African I believe.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 24th, 2004, 12:47:40 PM
You Sure? I remember in the Cartoon he seemed Eastern European to me.

ReaperFett
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:04:40 PM
Well his name is Arabic, and apparently his base of operations is in Africa.

Charley
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:16:37 PM
Al Ghul was North African.

Wantanbe is a good choice, just for acting ability alone. He's got the general look of the character, even if he's Japanese instead of north african.

I'm really really liking the setup here

Hart
Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:02:02 PM
Well, they could easily change the Wantanabe character to a Japanese-style Ghul.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 4th, 2004, 12:04:31 PM
Another surprise Gary Oldman as Gordan
http://www.superherohype.com/batman/index.php?id=956
I sure didn't expect that at all. I have to say he fits though.

ReaperFett
Mar 4th, 2004, 03:35:10 PM
GARY OLDMAN! :D

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2004, 03:35:55 PM
This is the greatest cast in a movie since Tombstone, maybe better.

ReaperFett
Mar 4th, 2004, 03:37:30 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
This is the greatest cast in a movie since Tombstone, maybe better.

I'd put it up there with True Romance, Reservoir Dogs, Magnificent Seven, Great Escape, Pulp Fiction....THAT good.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 4th, 2004, 03:39:02 PM
Cool. :D

JMK
Mar 4th, 2004, 05:34:29 PM
What happened with the Dennis Quaid as Gordon rumor?

L.A. Confidential had a GREAT cast too.

Charley
Mar 4th, 2004, 06:53:41 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
I'd put it up there with True Romance, Reservoir Dogs, Magnificent Seven, Great Escape, Pulp Fiction....THAT good.

I wouldn't put Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs into those categories, IMO. They had some star power, but the lion's share were new talent at the time. And you can't count Tarantino either ;)

The other movies that I would consider on that kind of star power are The Quick and the Dead, and the Royal Tennenbaums, etc.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 4th, 2004, 07:12:54 PM
But you said "greatest cast" not "cast with the most star power."
;)

Charley
Mar 4th, 2004, 08:32:57 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
But you said "greatest cast" not "cast with the most star power."
;)

Stop using Fett symantics.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 4th, 2004, 09:50:27 PM
This movie has great actors in it. Also really they have not put the big actors in the villain roles like the previous films did this time the best actors (Bale, Freeman, Oldman, Caine, Neeson) are on the good side or at least related to Batman in some way. I think that is a good thing. Sure they picked a very good actor for Ghul but he isn't a name so that way they don't take the show away from Batman. Also I am glad what that means for Gordon. They totally ruined his character in the other 4 movies. Heck he didn't hardly play a role at least this time they give the part to a very good actor (personally I like Oldman better than Quaid :p) Man 2005 is going to be a great summer between this and Star Wars.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2004, 02:31:16 AM
Originally posted by Charley
Stop using Fett symantics.
Fettmantics, thanks.

or SEMANTICS :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:22:49 AM
Wow. Cast just keeps getting better.

No more word on Guy Pearce as Harvey Dent?

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:32:09 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Wow. Cast just keeps getting better.

No more word on Guy Pearce as Harvey Dent?

JH: You starred in Christopher Nolan’s acclaimed film, MEMENTO. Now word is he may direct a BATMAN film. Have you two talked about you possibly trying on that character. Would that hold any interest for you?
GP: I don’t think so. (laughs)

JH: Not in your nature to do a superhero movie?
GP: Not at this stage in my life.

If he sticks to the above, he'd rather do movies like The Time Machine than get involved in an all star cast ;)

Word is anyway that Dent isn't seen in this movie now.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:36:57 AM
I heard that he turned down Batman but might have been up for Dent. Shame if he's not. Would have made this film perfect for me.

ReaperFett
Mar 5th, 2004, 05:45:10 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I heard that he turned down Batman but might have been up for Dent. Shame if he's not. Would have made this film perfect for me.
Get in Steve Buscemi, Anthony Stewart Head, Kevin Smith and Joey Pants in, and THEN it'd be perfect ;)