PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy and War

Jarek T'chort
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:20:47 PM
Tiberius, wouldn't mind running this idea past you.

The Imperial Sovereignty, in order to further expand it's influence and prestige across the galaxy, will henceforth begin a special joint diplomatic/millitary effort. This will consist of a mobile task force that is purposely used to quell small insurrections on independent systems, to defend planets under assault by other independents.

Our task force will go to whomever pays the most credits, like a large mercenary force. This will provide young officers and cadets valuable millitary experience as well as providing the Imperial Chancellor with even more galactic political clout. Appeals must be made to him directly by supplicants.

After a while and word of our belligerence spreads, we will assume more influence over worlds we have helped. Defenseless worlds will come to us, not the NR, for assistance.

Of course, we will not pass up such easy oppourtunities to take over the planets themselves. By planting deep cover Intelligence operatives with instructions and resources to help spread pro-Imperial feeling in the general populace. Over time, these subversive methods may be more fruitful then full scale millitary campaigns against these worlds.

Our propagandists will have a field day with the justifications for our beligerence and can champion the Sovereignty as guardians of justice, not the Jedi.

Our task force shall be named the "Hawk Fleet". It will consist of several SD's and suppourt vessels along with the usual compliments of stormtroopers, ground forces etc. Most importantly, an experienced diplomat will go everywhere with them, the voice of the "Hawk Fleet".

Any suggestions etc? I'd love to set this up in a rp after Bestine.

Alexi Hesith
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:50:37 AM
What an excellent idea. It is a very good way of making us seem "good" to the neutrals and the NR (at least officially). It also gets round that little speech of mine. Excellent.

If we want to be really sneaky we can engineer situations. Say there's a world we want to control but they aren't calling us in then we send our agents disguised as pirates or terrorists to give them a reason. (I hope that makes sense).

I'm looking forward to this!

Jarek T'chort
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:06:58 AM
Great suggestion! This stuff is ideal for Tear actually, he wont be needed all the time on the front line. This also means valuable millitary assests don't have to be expended in large campaigns.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:28:07 AM
Our propagandists will have a field day with the justifications for our beligerence and can champion the Sovereignty as guardians of justice, not the Jedi.

you are meaning benevolence instead of beligerance, right?

Jarek T'chort
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:32:01 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
you are meaning benevolence instead of beligerance, right?

Yeah. >_<

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:49:35 PM
silly imperial officers :p

Alexi Hesith
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:54:11 PM
Only the best and the brightest.

But seriously- I spoke to Danik Drayton to see if he would be interested (don't worry- I kept the details minimal) and he is. He wouldn't mind getting involved with ground force command for Hawk Fleet. I said that I'd pass it on.

As for the diplomat I'll see if I can recruit someone. Any ideas how to go about finding someone?

Jarek T'chort
Feb 12th, 2004, 12:59:34 PM
silly imperial officers :p

:(
Btw s'll, now your a mod, could you allow my other character, Admiral Hagen, access to the restricted forums? And give Travis North access?

Originally posted by Senator Hesith
Only the best and the brightest.

But seriously- I spoke to Danik Drayton to see if he would be interested (don't worry- I kept the details minimal) and he is. He wouldn't mind getting involved with ground force command for Hawk Fleet. I said that I'd pass it on.

As for the diplomat I'll see if I can recruit someone. Any ideas how to go about finding someone?

Danik would be great, as for recruiting...well I dont know, a post in the group annoucements would do, or what about your senatorial buddies?

Alexi Hesith
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:22:00 PM
s'Il's a mod???? Congratulations.

Could I get access as Tiberius please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:33:33 PM
sure

Alexi Hesith
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:35:22 PM
Thank you.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:37:01 PM
Hurray! I'm in!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:39:32 PM
famous last words ^_-

Admiral Hagen
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:41:25 PM
hurrah [/matt]

Jarek T'chort
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:50:50 PM
Oh and let Danik in too, I dont think he has access.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:38:26 PM
No he hasn't.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2004, 02:53:45 PM
aight

remind me to call matt tonight to see where the hell he is -_-

Jarek T'chort
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:04:07 PM
Yeah we can't have the Grand Admiral AWOL.

Tear
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:59:43 PM
Its an awesome idea. Works great in tandem with my lil squad too incase Jedi come to investigate, disturbances :rolleyes

Where ever you need me to be ill be there to blow things up oh on that note sorry i havent been around much this week its mid terms so ive been busy.

Die 3 point perspective building!

Danik Drayton
Mar 1st, 2004, 01:48:11 PM
Thank you Anar for mentioning my interest and thank you s'Ilancy for giving me access to the restricted forum. Once this thing gets going, count me in.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 1st, 2004, 02:51:00 PM
you all DO know that your ct's are at my mercy, right?

of course, some of you already bear my special little touch

Tiberius Anar
Mar 1st, 2004, 03:05:58 PM
We notice. Who is this Norm Mac Donald?

Teleran Balades
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:35:19 PM
Torin could be the diplomat of 'Hawk fleet". A force user would be a great asset for this type of Diplomacy/warfare.

Jarek T'chort
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:50:43 PM
you all DO know that your ct's are at my mercy, right?

of course, some of you already bear my special little touch
Bad Lupine, bad.

Travis North
Mar 1st, 2004, 04:52:10 PM
Aggresive negotiations = Diplomatic Warfare

*Look at CT and runs out of the forums before S'il notices it*

I'm still wondering who gave her total control of the Empire. She's like an OOC Emporer now.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:14:41 PM
you know, you guys should be glad that im not usually as banhappy as silus :p

Travis North
Mar 1st, 2004, 07:26:37 PM
usually
Since when have you been ban-happy. :p

I was wondering if you could change my CT to, Commander, Imperial Navy. Loyal subject seems well, dull.:|