PDA

View Full Version : Whats your IQ?

Ace McCloud
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:59:49 PM
We've all seen the IQ tests over the internet, most have taken them and gotten their scores, but I don't think I've seen one as indepth and accurate as the one on tickle.com.

Tickle.com as a large array of tests that determine who you are, what you like and such. Got kind of bored so now I'm wondering if anyone wants to share their IQ or what the test tells them?

http://web.tickle.com/jumpto?test=uiqogt&c=40660

The test is located there. You have to register at the end of the test to get your score and a few comments, but if you sign up you can get a 14 page report.

Anyhow, I scored a 126.

Your Intellectual Type Is: Facts Curator
Like a meticulous collector, you've fed your brain a unique set of facts and figures over the years. Words, numbers, you've got it all. That's what makes you a Facts Curator.

Whether or not you intend to absorb every piece of information that comes your way, your mind has certain steel-trap qualities to it. You are a knowledge sponge. You have almost enough words in your head to fill a dictionary, and you're equally adept when it comes to manipulating numbers. You can also detect important patterns in number sequences, and probably remember the mnemonic devices you were taught in grade school.
You may feel comfortable in classroom settings where absorbing details is critical. You're also able to learn from example and piece together all the little facts in life to get to the big picture. That's why you never stop accumulating information as you walk through life.

Your strengths lie in both the verbal and math realms — placing you in the same arena as someone like Bill Gates. Gates has the ability to not only store and retrieve an especially large amount of specialized data, but to translate and present that information to the population at large. His entire empire is based on this unique talent. And to think — your brain works in this same way! When it comes right down to it, you and other Facts Curators can ride a wave of information to live a truly enriched life.

Darth Viscera
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:07:53 PM
You're a few months late

Ace McCloud
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:18:23 PM
doesnt mean it cant happen again. Stuff happens in cycles all the time :D But if you dont wanna do it, don't do it. I found it pretty interesting.

Charley
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:26:32 PM

I have gone down in a the past few years :( I used to be 165

Kelt Simoson
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:07:06 AM
129 last time i checked.

Crystal
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:01:43 AM
NO! I've gotten stupid! My IQ was 145 last time I checked. This test says it's 127

IT LIES!!! :cry

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:11:00 AM
Apparently they know my celebrity match is Cameron Diaz. Heck knows what that means :)

Darth Viscera
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:20:37 AM
it means you're going to cut your hair really short just to demoralise the opposite sex

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:24:30 AM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
it means you're going to cut your hair really short just to demoralise the opposite sex

Wah?

Did it again, 135 :)

darth_mcbain
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:07:37 AM
Pretty neat test - I scored a 138...

Ace McCloud
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:45:04 AM
Well 140+ is genius. My dad has 144. I don't know what kind of lives some of you live, but I think you could rock the business hizzy with iq's like that ;)

Charley
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:57:01 AM
Originally posted by Ace McCloud
Well 140+ is genius. My dad has 144. I don't know what kind of lives some of you live, but I think you could rock the business hizzy with iq's like that ;)

No, it really doesn't mean anything. Its a quantitative analysis circle jerk that has no correlation to how well you'll do in the professional sector.

Silus Xilarian
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:59:23 AM
and if Im not mistaken 160 is what they consider genius.

Figrin D'an
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:24:34 PM
If you want a real IQ test, contact your local Mensa chapter and have them test you.

This (http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm) site has a few decent ones, for most of the population. Try the Ultimate IQ Test for starters, and see how you do.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:52:43 PM
111 on Figrin's

Charley
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:25:10 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
If you want a real IQ test, contact your local Mensa chapter and have them test you.

This (http://www.highiqsociety.org/noflash/nonmembers/iqtests.htm) site has a few decent ones, for most of the population. Try the Ultimate IQ Test for starters, and see how you do.

Yeah, I 165'ed on the Mensa test.

imported_Taja Loraan
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:17:42 PM
I got 148 on the Mensa home test a few years back (like, when I was 12yrs old; the English stuff killed me x_x). Never bothered taking the actual one.

Jordana Montegue
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:25:49 PM
On Figrin's it said my score was 172 :\ and on the other it said my score was 180 ... Why do not believe either one???

Travis North
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:49:35 PM
133 on Ace's link.

Your Intellectual Type is Insightful Linguist. This means you are highly intelligent and have the natural fluency of a writer and the visual and spatial strengths of an artist. Those skills contribute to your creative and expressive mind. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Figrin D'an
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:26:46 PM
Originally posted by Jordana Montegue
On Figrin's it said my score was 172 :\ and on the other it said my score was 180 ... Why do not believe either one???

Try the "Test for Exceptional Intelligence" then. It's more "accurate" if your rough IQ tests above 140.

Jordana Montegue
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:30:02 PM
*Runs off to take that test*

Kitty McQuade
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:40:52 PM
I don't have the patience for it.

:: feels stupid ::

:cry

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:54:34 PM
I dont have the patience for it either, Kitty. I think its a load of rubbish, to be honest. It's got no reflection on how much you can achieve or how smart you are. Bah.

ReaperFett
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:59:44 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I dont have the patience for it either, Kitty. I think its a load of rubbish, to be honest. It's got no reflection on how much you can achieve or how smart you are. Bah.

Yeah!

...I always do quite well on 'em :)

Figrin D'an
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:30:39 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic

It's more a measure of intuition than anything, which is why it's recommended that for increased accuracy, you take such tests as children. It's much more difficult to assess adults because of the aquisition of knowledge over time.

Actual tests tend to have many more questions as well, covering a lot of different areas. Most "IQ tests" on the internet are limited in both respects, and it increases the probability of inflating one's score through guessing.

Ace McCloud
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:49:06 PM
140 or so is genious, and I took the mensa test a few years ago, I scored 126 there too. So it is accurate, as far as I'm concerned. It's not like I was just looking for my raw IQ number, I liked what they said and such. I took some other tests, like the personality test and so on and it was pretty accurate, they can tell you some neat things. As for IQs in the 170's and 160's, I think thats a little far-fetched.

Figrin D'an
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:56:07 PM
As for IQs in the 170's and 160's, I think thats a little far-fetched.

Why is that farfetched?

Higher IQs are less common, but certainly possible. It's mearly a difference in probability. (1/100 for a 138, opposed to 1/5,000,000 for a 180)

Crystal
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:56:42 PM
When I got 145.. they never told me it was a "genius" IQ. It got me accepted into a gifted program.. but that's about it. And I dropped out of HS because I'm stupid. So no.. I don't think 140+ is genius

Originally posted by Charley
circle jerk

Please use that word more!!! :D

Figrin D'an
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:01:41 PM
Originally posted by Crystal
When I got 145.. they never told me it was a "genius" IQ. It got me accepted into a gifted program.. but that's about it. And I dropped out of HS because I'm stupid. So no.. I don't think 140+ is genius

There are plenty of very intelligent people who don't do well academically. Success or failure in the classroom doesn't have any real correlation.

Jordana Montegue
Feb 11th, 2004, 05:50:04 PM
I took the other test and it said 174. A shame I never applied myself that well during the high school years. My grades in college reflect it, though. :) *pats herself on the back for doing well*

Figrin D'an
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:13:50 PM
That's a pretty impressive score, considering the difficulty level of the test. You must be very adept at pattern recognition and spatial orientation.

:)

Jordana Montegue
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:15:33 PM
^_^ Ayup. That was one area in school (both high school and in my college courses) that I did/do very well in.

Charley
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:47:44 PM
I can't be bothered by taking another test. I'm on 4 hours of sleep, with no food in me, just got out of an Investments Exam, and am an hour away from a team meeting with Strategic Managment.

My brain is overclocked :(

Marcus Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2004, 07:17:47 PM
I did the actual Mensa test when I was 12. It took four hours and was actually quite enjoyable. Most of these tests online are more of a general knowledge test. Not reall valid IMO, but fun if yu have the time.

There are plenty of very intelligent people who don't do well academically. Success or failure in the classroom doesn't have any real correlation.

Very true. No comment how I know :/

Ace McCloud
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:19:10 PM
Why is that farfetched?

Higher IQs are less common, but certainly possible. It's mearly a difference in probability. (1/100 for a 138, opposed to 1/5,000,000 for a 180)

I guess because around here, I'm used to my friends having like 100-130 or so, a few high up there, and it seems everyone here is a genius -- but thats a good thing :) .

I took the other test and it said 174. A shame I never applied myself that well during the high school years. My grades in college reflect it, though. *pats herself on the back for doing well*
Yea, thats really high up there. Infact, tickle.com doesnt even include anything over 160 in their chart(attachment below).

How People Might Evaluate You Based on IQ Score
IQ tests serve as a useful tool for institutions such as public schools and the military, where great numbers of people must be processed quickly and efficiently, and placed in appropriated classes or positions.

In the United States, kindergarten-aged children are often given IQ tests to evaluate whether they need special attention or services. For example, children scoring 130 or over are often considered "gifted" and placed in programs accordingly. However, in most institutional uses of the test nowadays, the importance placed on the actual IQ score has changed.

There you are Crystal :D

Charley
Feb 11th, 2004, 08:26:57 PM
Not bad. Three standard deviations away from mean. Thats a pretty narrow margin (99.5% roughly on a standard normal distribution curve, if I remember)

Jordana Montegue
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:13:25 PM
I need to get that page open again and copy the stuff it said. I don't agree with a few of the things it said. *Scrolls back up to find the links again*

Vhiran Crescent
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:44:03 PM
This is an interesting one:
http://web.tickle.com/jumpto?test=chakraogt&c=40897

John, your most positive energy is flowing from your Fourth Chakra

This chakra is located in the center of your chest, near your heart. The fourth chakra represents higher emotions, such as love, tenderness, and compassion. In your case, this chakra appears to be clear and unblocked so that positive energy can flow from it freely. Radiating positive energy from your fourth chakra indicates that you've cultivated higher wisdom concerning the important life lessons associated with this energy center. You're apt to possess an emotional maturity and depth that allows you to empathize with others. Whether you're interacting with strangers or the people closest to you, your fourth chakra conveys the kind of true compassion that can set others at ease.

ReaperFett
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:20:58 AM
Nick, your most positive energy is flowing from your Second Chakra

This chakra is located just below your navel and is sometimes called the sacral chakra. The second chakra represents honor. In your case, this chakra appears to be clear and unblocked so that positive energy can flow from it freely. Radiating positive energy from your second chakra indicates that you've cultivated higher wisdom concerning the important life lessons associated with this energy center. You're likely to have a deep understanding of the importance of valuing others. You're also apt to feel secure in your relationships, tacitly knowing where you stand in relation to those closest to you.

Whether they're allowing positive energy to flow or preventing it from doing so, all seven of your body's chakras contribute to how you are feeling on a day-to-day basis. When they're balanced, you feel energized and at the top of your game. When they're unbalanced, you may feel tired or 'off'.

While we have focused on identifying the one chakra that allows your positive energy to flow most freely, we have also discovered the ways your other six chakras are handling the passage of energy.

My positive energy is below my navel?

...form a queue ladies ;)

And my celebrity match is now Rebecca ROmijn Stamos :D

Ace McCloud
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:46:19 AM
My theme song is Back in Black, buwaha.

Jordana Montegue
Feb 12th, 2004, 08:49:55 AM
My theme song is Back in Black, buwaha.

:lol and just what does that have to do with your chakra, hm? ;)

Mindy, did you know you are about 17,849,230 minutes old?

(Gee, now I really don't want to see my birthday come this year :\ how depressing!)

Mindy, your most positive energy is flowing from your Sixth Chakra

This chakra is located in the center of your forehead and is often called the third eye. The sixth chakra represents your ability to see and really know truth. In your case, this chakra appears to be clear and unblocked so that positive energy can flow from it freely. Radiating positive energy from your sixth chakra indicates that you've cultivated higher wisdom concerning the important life lessons associated with this energy center. You're apt to be accepting of the people and events in your life rather than pass judgment on them. You're also likely to have developed a higher level of intuition than most people have.

Whether they're allowing positive energy to flow or preventing it from doing so, all seven of your body's chakras contribute to how you are feeling on a day-to-day basis. When they're balanced, you feel energized and at the top of your game. When they're unbalanced, you may feel tired or 'off'.

While we have focused on identifying the one chakra that allows your positive energy to flow most freely, we have also discovered the ways your other six chakras are handling the passage of energy.

Crystal
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:33:45 AM
Want to look and feel your best? Then sign up to receive articles and special offers on health and nutrition from the experts at Nature Made!
Yes! Please send me this information!
Yes! I'd like to receive health info
Yes! Sign me up.
No thanks, I don't want to sign up.

:lol

Crystal, your most positive energy is flowing from your Second Chakra

This chakra is located just below your navel and is sometimes called the sacral chakra. The second chakra represents honor. In your case, this chakra appears to be clear and unblocked so that positive energy can flow from it freely. Radiating positive energy from your second chakra indicates that you've cultivated higher wisdom concerning the important life lessons associated with this energy center. You're likely to have a deep understanding of the importance of valuing others. You're also apt to feel secure in your relationships, tacitly knowing where you stand in relation to those closest to you.

Ceres Duvall
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:37:23 AM
Please tell me average is under 100 cuz if I'm average I'll scream. I wanna be above average. 113... But I really wasn't trying. I got frustrated on some of them and just clicked whatever I looked at first.

Ace McCloud
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:19:35 AM
Average is...110-120 i think. Look at the chart dealy i attatched.

Ace McCloud
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:24:18 AM
Originally posted by Jordana Montegue
:lol and just what does that have to do with your chakra, hm? ;)

Nothing, but its another test.

Just wondering, did anyone actually sign up? Its like 14 bucks or something, I did a few days ago.

Crystal
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:42:25 AM
Nope, no sign up here. I never pay for any site on the internet.

Well, except for special message boards :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 12th, 2004, 04:46:34 PM

We have a Mensa member who shops at our store and she is the rudest, most stuck up and *stupid* person I know.

o and my IQ according to emode.com is 130

Figrin D'an
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:30:59 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
We have a Mensa member who shops at our store and she is the rudest, most stuck up and *stupid* person I know.

I wouldn't doubt it in the least. I know people who are quite intelligent, but have no common sense and/or social skills.

Needless to say, not all Mensa members are like that. Mensa has its jackasses, just like every other segment of the population.

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:55:34 PM
I'll never be a mensa. You have to pay dues I think. And I'm poor :mneh

Figrin D'an
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:06:33 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
I'll never be a mensa. You have to pay dues I think. And I'm poor :mneh

But not too poor to buy fancy liquor, huh?

;)

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:09:59 PM

;)

I am willing to pay for good liquor. I'm not willing to pay for a piece of paper and a handshake that shows how well I can take a test.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:15:06 PM
What practical benefits are there to being a mensa member, anyway?

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:20:25 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
What practical benefits are there to being a mensa member, anyway?

You are allowed to date Sharon Stone.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:22:10 PM

:x Let me borrow your gun.

Figrin D'an
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:23:35 PM

I don't know if I'd consider that much of practical benefit. :p

It could potentially look good on a resume. Beyond that, it's pretty much an indulgence.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:32:25 PM
my programmer buddy at work said he once went to a mensa meeting that was held in one of the members parents basement o_O

Pierce Tondry
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:37:00 PM
Now that is a wtf.

"If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?"

Sanis Prent
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:49:50 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
:x Let me borrow your gun.

Why? Sharon Stone is awesome.

Anybody who looks like that and is also a genius is a winner in my book.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:59:08 PM

;) Only special paper gets you liquor, Fig. ;)

Pierce Tondry
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:07:28 AM
Why? Sharon Stone is awesome.

Anybody who looks like that and is also a genius is a winner in my book.

I don't find her all that attractive, really. She's pretty, but more in a "statuesque" way than any other.

Plus, I don't think she's that great an actress.

Sanis Prent
Feb 13th, 2004, 12:25:37 AM
The Quick and the Dead begs to differ.