PDA

View Full Version : Exploring the bar. (open with note)

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:03:37 PM
OOC: I'm going to nead a Knight or Master to solve a slight conflict, but after that it is open to anybody.

IC:

V'aelna had been out exploring the GJO grounds since she got here. she had found enough plant matter that she was able to make her own paper and had found a way to make some ink. She had also found a hawkbat feather that she is now using as a pen. Lately she has been walk around the grounds using her pen ink and paper to make a non digital map of the grounds that she could understand. She tryed to use the digital map, but found it hard to use sinc the image on the map moved as she did. So every once in a while she would stop and pull out her map, ink and feather pen, and add more that she has seen to her map.

Finaly she reaches the B&G.

She walks into the bar with caution in her step. As she walk past the guards and into the crowd she can smell all the wonderful smells of food. her mouth starts to water, she hasn't eaten in days since she didn't understand how people are supose to get food in a place with no wild life.

She finds a dinner knife on one of the tables, as she eyes a waiter handing a nice big slab of meat to a Trandoshan. The Trandoshan nods to the waiter, but as he is about to grab his meat, V'aelna stabs it with the knife she aquired from a table, and starts to sprint away from the Trandoshan.

The Trandoshan jumps from his seat and over a few tables and pounces on V'aelna. V'aelna yells as the Trandoshan is about rip his claws through her body...

"Hatoe! Ga Marea! Hatoe!"

At this point a Jedi a near by table stands and activates their lightsaber placing the blade between the Trandoshan and V'aelna, causing the Trandoshan to freeze in his tracks and look up at the Jedi.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:28:50 PM
He was hungry. Falcon felt like he hadn't eaten a thing all day, but the truth is, he was just had a voracious appetite today.

I feel like I could eat a whole lamlak deer to myself....

And as he entered Yogs, he was handing over his saber and two handguns when he got a very good glimpse of something not so good. He took back his 'saber. "Sorry officer. But..." He nudged his head in the direction of the scene. "..I swear there'll be no mess." The NR official didn't look pleased. "I swear, officer. This'll just take a minute."

And he went inside.

Sprinting up to the twosome, he interjected with the orange blade of the 'saber he had brought with him, placing it between the two, a trandoshan and a girl...

"Excuse me, but what is the meaning of this?...."

He looked directly at the trandoshan. "Move off, and take a seat there...NOW." He gestured to the seat the creature had occupied previously. "Go on. And stay there." Reluctantly, he complied.

The knight then turned his attention to the girl. "Stand up." He said as he switched off the saber. It seemed she didn't quite understand. He offered her his hand, and helped her stand. And placed her at a seat close to the trandoshan, but not close enough to cause trouble. Falcon grabbed the attention of the weapons desk officer, and tossed his 'saber to the man. "Thanks, mate." The NR officer shook his head.

The knight then took a seat himself, between the two. "So, what's went on here?"

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:35:41 PM
V'aelna didn't know what to do. She had a feeling that this man didn't understand her language. so still with the Trandoshan steak in her hand, still on the end of the knife, she does her best use her broken knowledge of sign language to say.

"I hungry. I hunt".

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:47:19 PM
Falcon knew sign language quite well, but languages were not his forte. That was my sister's area. And Karina's...

Still, he knew some languages, anyways. Just not this girl's language. He had seen what went on, that the girl had taken the trandoshan's steak.

"So you took this man's steak?" He said, gesturing to the other one involved in the ...transaction. While he asked this, he was thinking about what he knew about the newer students through information gathered.

This one's..V'aelna. She doesn't speak any basic. Pretty naive about our way of life, too.

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:51:36 PM
V'aelna nods and signs again...

"I hunt. need food"

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:55:11 PM
He laughed.

"Well, miss. You just need to ask for what you want, and it'll be served to you in this place. This is Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill. How about you give this man back his steak, and you eat with me? I'll get you what you'd like to eat, and have something myself. I'm unusually hungry today."

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:58:26 PM
V'aelna slowly nods, obvously not understanding the concept of ordering food.

she hands the stake back to the Trandoshan who snatches it away from her quickly. Then she walks over to Falcon wondering what they do now.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:01:33 PM
"Take a seat." He gestures to the seat across the table from him. When she does, he smiles. "Good. Now, what do you like to eat?"

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:03:50 PM
V'aelna's mouth starts to water just at the thought of food. she really can't read basic so looking at the menu is pointless for her. So she just signs

"Big Meat"

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:06:47 PM
He nods. "Are you capable of making an image in your head that I can see?"

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:13:45 PM
V'aelna is suprised that her would ask her to send him an image, but she just nods and looks Falcon in the eyes. As she does this Falcon sees the image of a large skined creature, smothered in a some sort of crude BBQ Sause, being cooked over an open fire, in a sandy dessert fire pit. after she averts her eyes the image goes away, and fancon can see her licking her lips.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:22:21 PM
He gets the picture, and has an idea.

"How about a huge rack of barbeque pork ribs?" He was trying to think big.

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:24:59 PM
V'aelna doesn't know what pork is, but she knows what a huge rack of ribs are. So as a responce to Falcon's subjestion, she symply nods rapidly.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:29:48 PM
Ok. This is good. She gets the idea.

Falcon Gyndar then waved a server droid over, and gave the order.

"The biggest rack of barbeque pork ribs you have, and a CBLT with fries, the soup du jour, caeser salad and a strawberry milkshake."

The droid asked if that was all.. Falcon shook his head, looking at V'aelna. "Would you like anything to drink?"

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:32:00 PM
V'aelna nods and sends Falcon an image of a clear pond of water with a thin layer of ice around it.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:36:14 PM
He turns back to the droid, after another image and gives the last item for the order.

"...and a glass of cold water, with ice."

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:29:45 PM
V'aelna smiles, glad that she is not having too much trouble comunicating with Falcon. She thinks she will try to do a bit of her native language, and see if he can figure out what she is saying.

She smiles and points to herself...

"V'aelna... ma Nee a V'aelna."

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:34:23 PM
Turning back to V'aelna, he grinned when she said something that sounded a little like ...

V'aelna... My name is V'aelna.

"Your name is V'aelna? Well, nice to meet you, V'aelna. My name is Falcon."

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:39:37 PM
V'aelna smiles, knowing that most people get that one right. She trys to take the conversation farther in her language...

"Ma aprera grat Fall-ken. Ta Eeo a Jeedie?"

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:45:58 PM
He didn't quite get the first part.

I think that might be her saying it's nice to meet me. But he was sure the second part was 'Are you a Jedi?'

"Yes. I am a Jedi. A Jedi Knight, to be a little more specific. I'm guessing you're a new student here?"

But he already knew that. He'd seen her file, started on the day of her arrival.

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:54:17 PM
V'aelna nods...

"Yaha. Ma eet a leraya ee Jeedie. Ma a ee pay-dee-wan."

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:02:55 PM
The food arrived. When it was all out on the table, Falcon smiled.

Mm. This looks very good. He took a sip of the milkshake.

"Have you been learning anything yet?"

V'aelna
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:11:51 PM
V'aelna smiles at the large rack of ribs that is placed in front of her. She picks up the knife on the table and slices off one of the ribs, and continues to rip the meat off with her teeth and hands. after she has cleaned off the first bone, she replys to Falcon as she cuts the next chunk off...

"Nota. Me a vee nota prefeesa, yeet."

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:51:28 PM
Falcon picked up a sandwich half, dipping it in the soup, which was tomato soup, and taking a huge bite out of it. It seems that they're both enjoying their food. When his mouth was empty, he spoke again.

"No teacher, hmm?..I see. Are you enjoying your time here, so far?"

V'aelna
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:45:34 PM
V'aelna cleans off another bone from the wonderful ribs on her plate. She is happy and suprised at how well Falcon is translating her.

"Yaha, ma leha da me nota a trepa a oh de Penala faa Zaeo Mae."

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:28:07 PM
Ok. So he didn't quite get that one.

"I didn't quite understand that one, but I myself am quite surprised i've understood you so far."

Falcon took a few more bites of his sandwich, some sips of his soup, and a drink of the milkshake. Then he began to eat the salad. When his mouth was empty, he said something else.

"It may take some time, but I am willing to learn much of your language." He taps on his head. "The imagery helps, too."

Shade Magus
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:37:29 PM
Shade Magus sat at the bar drinking his drink and eating a snadwhich. He had been listening to the conversation between Falcon and the new Padwan. He had known that the was someone new, but he had not met her and was quite surprised to find her here. He had heard that she couldn't speak Basic, but to each their own. As Shade listened in he was able to pick up small amounts, but Falcon it seemed was doing a lot better than him, so he just sat back trying to lisen and hopfully pick up enogh of her language to speak with her if that time ever came.

V'aelna
Feb 12th, 2004, 01:35:46 PM
V'aelna smiles, since she guessed the falcon would not have guessed that sentance.

"Yaha..." V'aelna nods her head.

"Ma..." places a hand on her own chest

"leha..." She uses sign language to sign the word "Like"

"nota..."she shakes her head.

"trepa..." She thinks for a moment, not knowing a sign for the word she wants so she looks falcon in the eyes and shows him an image of a dark room filled with people in cages.

"penala..." She waves her hand accross the room as if she was agknowledging the other people in the room.

"Zaeo Mae..." She looks falcon in the eyes again showing an image of herself with her naked front side chained down to a wall covered with pins, as a group of thugs whip her back with a 9 tailed whip.

She than gives him a look of do you understand now?.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:00:13 PM
He got it.

"Oh! You like that people aren't trying to trap, cage and hurt you? Yes, that's a good thing to like. I don't think I'd like that to happen to you or anyone, for that matter."

Taking another bite of his sandwich, he smiled while chewing.

V'aelna
Feb 13th, 2004, 02:55:52 PM
V'aelna nods, letting him know that he got it right. Then goes to eat another rib on her plate.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:28:16 PM
When his mouth wasn't full, Falcon posed another question.

"So I've figured out you're good with imagery. Is there any specific area you're looking at as your specialty as a Jedi?"

V'aelna
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:01:58 PM
V'aelna shakes her head.

"Nota, oh ma Ee leha Zat de Penala faa Zaeo Mae. "

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:09:14 PM
"I see."

He had by now finished one half of his sandwich, part of his soup and salad, and was beginning on the other half of his CBLT.

"Combat training will help keep you from getting hurt, you know."

V'aelna
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:20:50 PM
V'aelna nods as she eats another peice of her ribs. She signs to Falcon sice her mouth is full.

"I know to fight, but stick not here"

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:24:55 PM
He signs back, considering he is enjoying his milkshake.

"A stick?"

Falcon laughs, blowing bubbles in his milkshake. [His next words are vocalized. "Sorry. I mean hand-to-hand or blade combat."

V'aelna
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:42:14 PM
V'aelna thinks she has chosen a wrong word due to Falcon's reaction so She desides to show him what she has gone through so he will understand hopefuly. She looks him in the eyes again, and starts to plant a vision in his mind....

There is a woman in decorated animal skins standing in front of a number of almost nakid people. She looks important. She looks like a younger V'aelna. She seems to be the one in charge, making the choices of Justice and Contravercy. It seems like the people look up to her, respect her, and come to her for help.

The Image then fades to the middle of the night, looking into a bunch of tents in the middle of a desert. The stillness of the night is broken by large bolts of light comming from the sky. V'aelna rushes out of her tent, to see three landing craft coming down from the sky. She yells something to the others and shortly after the other people are running deeper into the desert or dying from the bolts of light, But V'aelna dosen't run. She drops to her knees with her hands above her head and starts to chant something.

As she starts to chant, the sands of the desert start to rise as the wind starts to howl around her. The winds get so strong that some of the landing craft crash into each other, but one of craft makes it to the ground, and people waring black shock armor come storming out of the transport.

Some of the shock troops charge at her the rest swarm into the desert after the fleeing people. V'aelna waves a hand and yells something towards the troopers going into the desert , and causes a sand dune to cave in on them submerging most of then under a pile of sand.

The rest of the trooper charge her with stun clubs, as she picks up a staff, and takes a defencive stance. she takes out 3 of them with the staff before a stun bolt from a blaster hits her in the back, and the image blacks out.

The image then fades in again with the picture of the people in the cages that she showed Falcon earlier. Some of the other people in the cages look like some of the people that were running away in the desert. Thugs walk between the cages.

V'aelna brakes her eye contact with falcon and the images go away.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 13th, 2004, 04:50:13 PM
He smiles.

"Kind of like...bostaff combat. Hmm.."

Falcon thought of what else he had seen. That was slavery. What had happened to his people was destruction. There were few left from his homeworld, and he wasn't sure now who all was alive, if any at all.

"I see. That's what happened...How did you get out?"

V'aelna
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:23:18 PM
V'aelna smiles and makes Eye contact again. and another vision coms to Falcon's mind...

It's the room of cages again though this time he can see V'aelna in one of them at the age she is now. The thugs pull her kicking and screaming out of the cage body out of the cage. she takes down one of them with a swift knee to his groin. But is clubed in the face with a pipe and she goes limp. They throw her limp body onto a woden bed covered in chains, and thinking that she was knocked out they let go of her as they go to reach for the chains.

As soon as they let go of her one of her legs flys up into one of the thugs faces as she flips herself off the wodden bed. She hold out her hand facing the other thug, as she chants something (There is no sound in the visions). As she is chanting the remaining thug is hitting an alarm. After her third repetion of the chant the thug is thrown into the air hard enough that his skull cracks open as it hits the celing.

V'aelna rushes over to the metal pipe that was used to hit her with, and picks it up, just as a number of thugs come through a heavy metal blast door. V'aelna charges at the thugs as one of them starts to close the blast door, she smacks two of them with the pipe just as she dives through the closing door having the door close on part of her outfit.

She rips the outfit and starts to run, smacking anybody that comes after her with the pipe until she makes her way into the dark floors of corusant's lower levels. Seeing that she is out of the building and that no more will be comming from in front of her, she turns and throws the pipe like a spear, impaling one of the thugs with the pipe causing him to fall back on to the others comming up behind him.

She then sprints off.... The image fades out and fades back in with an image of her running up another set of stairs into a nicer floor on corusant, She sprints down the hall and the thugs behind her tackle her. Kanji comes around the corner and sees the thugs with her, and the thugs try and run off with her. AmasonBabe shows up cutting off the thugs escape. There is a fight between the thugs and the two jedi and in the end The thugs set off some explosives in their necks as a last ditch attempt to get rid of V'aelna and the Jedi. Kanji carries her to safety and the Image fades out.

V'aelna drinks Half of her water after she has stoped the vision. then goes back to eating her ribs.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 16th, 2004, 01:09:55 AM
He shakes his head.

"That's just awful what they did to you.. The invaders, I mean. My home was taken from me, destroyed. My home is here now."

After that, Falcon seemingly inhaled most of his salad. The thought of what happened to the Academy on Tyntia still got to him.

V'aelna
Feb 16th, 2004, 02:02:04 PM
V'aelna nods...

"Mae nota leha dai penala. Mae leha Zat dem."

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:58:48 AM
He laughed.

"I'm sorry...you'll have to help me a bit with that phrase too. I caught most of it, but I hate being fuzzy on my translations."

Falcon sipped some more of the milkshake. His meal was pretty much decimated now.

Hmm. I must've been hungry or something.

V'aelna
Feb 23rd, 2004, 02:41:39 PM
V'aelna smiles and signs to Falcon..

"I no like those people. I like Stop them."

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:44:02 AM
Falcon grins.

"Thanks. You'd like to stop them? So obviously your people are still opressed by these, ah, monsters, right?"

V'aelna
Feb 24th, 2004, 03:18:13 PM
V'aelna nods...

"Yaha, Mai penala a steo trepa. Ma leha zat a."

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 8th, 2004, 12:54:36 PM
"Good."

He looked at V'aelna's plate. It was pretty much empty.

"Are you still hungry? I could get you something else..."

V'aelna
Mar 8th, 2004, 01:00:10 PM
V'aelna smiles as she finishes off the food on her plate.

"nota..."

V'aelna was still hungry but didn't want to be a burden, or look like a pig, so she kindly declined.

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 8th, 2004, 01:18:38 PM
The knight nodded. "Very well. I'm a little full here, but I could use something more to drink."

And at that moment, the server droid was coming around, and Falcon called it.

"I'll just have an ice-cold glass of water. Anything for you, V'aelna?"

V'aelna
Mar 8th, 2004, 01:24:31 PM
V'aelna nods and signs..

"same"

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 8th, 2004, 08:25:55 PM
"...and another glass of ice cold water for my young friend here. That's all, thank you."

Falcon Nytrau turned back to V'aelna.

"So have you made any friends here so far?"

V'aelna
Mar 9th, 2004, 03:26:51 PM
V'aelna shakes her head...

"Nota. Ma nota spak ooh m'ann penala."