PDA

View Full Version : Help me to learn (Shade Magus, open)

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:43:16 PM
Eowiodith entered the combat trainging room and looked around. She was a bit over whelmed by everything, so she sat down on a chair that was up against the wall and watched the jedi.

Shade Magus
Feb 8th, 2004, 08:13:27 PM
Shade noticed the young Elf and walked over to her. When he stood near he smiled and gave a slight bow.

"Hello. My name is Shade Magus, Jedi Knight. I was informed of your situation and hope that I can be of some services to you."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 9th, 2004, 11:48:57 PM
"Yes, you can thank you! My name is Eowiodith, and you might have heard that I'm looking for a someone to train me in the ways of the jedi."

Shade Magus
Feb 10th, 2004, 01:24:20 PM
"Yes I have. If you would like I could help you out. Just let me know a little about yourself first, like what made you come here and what areas you wish to excel in."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:25:21 PM
"Well, I came from Endor where I was living with my three siblings in an orphanage. Out parents had been arrested and the four of us lived on the streets for about three weeks before the orphanage found us and took us in. They let me leave last week and I came here because I want to become a jedi.
And you asked where I want to excel. I believe I can see into the future, atleast a couple seconds into the future. I am also sronger than most people my age. At least that I know of. I would like to find out if I am strengthened by the force."

Kyle Krogen
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:18:28 PM
"It soulds like your gifts would give a great advantage in combat" said a young boy who had just been walking by "Being able to see into the future even just a little would let you see what you opponent was going to do next" He said with a smile "and after you have seen your oppenents next move you can use your strength to defeat you oppenent."

Shade Magus
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:10:21 PM
Shade nods.

"He is correct and from what I hear, you are showing all the signs of an inept Force user, so I can teach you to use the Force and learn how to control your strengths and weaknesses also. I wold like to see something first though, but I will need Kyle's help if he is willing."

Kyle Krogen
Feb 11th, 2004, 10:47:22 PM
Kyle nodded his head "I will help you in any way that I can" He said as he walked closer to them.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:29:44 PM
Eo put out her hand to the boy, "Hello, my name is Eo. Are you also a jedi?"

Kyle Krogen
Feb 12th, 2004, 11:34:02 PM
Kyle shook the older girls hand "Names Kyle Krogen" He said with a smile "Yes I am a Jedi too."

Shade Magus
Feb 13th, 2004, 03:56:36 PM
"Now that you two have introduced, Eo tell me something. Are you trained in any styles of fighting?"

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 13th, 2004, 06:22:09 PM
"I havn't been trained in fighting, but I have done a bit of it back where I came from."

Shade Magus
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:27:13 PM
"That should suffice for now atleast then. You say you are stronger than most yo8ur own age? Well then, when Kyle is ready, I want you two to have a little spar. It is so I can see where you are Eo. So whenever you two are ready."

Kyle Krogen
Feb 13th, 2004, 10:55:23 PM
Kyle slowly moved out a little so that he wasnt so close to the other people who where training "I am ready" He said moving his neck in a way that made it let out a little pop

It feels wrong to have to fight a girl though he thought as he cracked his knuckles I could just go easy and maybe let her beat me because I don't want to hurt her or anything

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:10:47 PM
Eo was a bit surprised at this, she didn't expect to have to fight this early. Oh well, she thought, I guess I have to start somewhere.
She moved out and took a stance.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:45:44 PM
Kyle raised his fists as he walked slowly toward Eo "Have you ever had to fight like this before?" He as he threw a light punch with his right hand at her left shoulder.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:54:00 PM
Turning her shoulder to the side, the punch barely skimmed her.
"Not with someone I havn't had a reason to fight with."
She swiped as his feet with her right leg.
"And not with someone that has actually had training."

Kyle Krogen
Feb 13th, 2004, 11:55:53 PM
Kyle landed on the ground and kicked out kis right foot at her left knee.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:01:02 AM
Taking the hit full on Eo stumbled backwards.
Concentrate Eo, concentrate! she told herself you'll never beat him if you can't tell what he is going to do!
Eo regained her stance and waited.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:06:46 AM
Kyle rolled backwards onto his feet and stood up I don't know if i should use a powerful attack against her he thought as he moved closer to her in small steps If i was fighting Wei I would use my strongest attacks but this is different

He charged at her wiping out his fist toward her stomach.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:14:19 AM
Eo had seen plenty of this type of attack, but she wasn't sure if the same kind of defence would work.
She rolled to the outside, and prepared to take his arm between hers, so that it would be in a position that she could eaisily break it, but she wasn't quick enough. Instead of hitting her full in the stomach, his punch clipped her left rib.
She stepped back with her hand to her side, but not one to be overtaken by pain, she recovered and stepped in with her right arm to punch him in the chest.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:25:45 AM
Kyle ducked down so that her fist went over his left shoulder cliping it as it went, He reached his hands up and grabed her wrist in both of his hands

He stood up quickly while still holding her wrist and pulled his knee up toward her stomach

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:34:55 AM
Eo saw it coming, but had nothing to do, so she tightened her abs, and at the same time letting out her breath. "Omph!"
Although she was prepared, it took her a second to get her breath back.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:47:54 AM
Kyle twisted around her arm so that he was on the outside of her arm still holding her wrist, He then moved behind her and pulled her arm behind her back and held it there "want to surrender?" he wispered in her ear keeping his eyes fixed on her free arm.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:53:25 AM
Eo turned her head just enought to see his face, "Not yet!" She cried, while kicking backwards to where she guessed his knees would be.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 12:59:29 AM
Kyle winced as the pain shot through his legs, He shoved her forward and and shot out his right fist toward the small of her back where he knew it would hurt.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:15:18 AM
Bending over backward she cried out in pain. No one had ever hit her there before. She slowly turned around, her back throbbing.
As she straightened her back, she felt the pain even more. She tried to take her stance, but couldn't keep it because of the pain. As much as she hated doing it, she realized it was nessesary in order to keep from hurting herself permanently. Bowing to him she said, "I am not one to give up in the first five minutes, nor to give in because of pain, but you have won this fight. I am not ready to continue."

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:23:15 AM
Kyle returned her bow "You fought well and I am glad to have faced you" He said with a smile "I hope to face you again sometime after you have trained."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:24:40 AM
"No wait! Don't go yet! I just want to stretch a little and then start again. Is that ok with you?"

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:27:36 AM
Kyle was suprised, He had not seen someone who would fight again after getting a blow like he'd given her and he was planning on sticking around to watch anyways

"sure thing" He said wiping the sweat off his forehead.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:32:37 AM
She sat and streched for a couple of minutes and then stood and faced Kyle. "Is there any place to get water around here?"

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:41:18 AM
Kyle looked around, but he didnt see any water, He walked over to where he had left his stuff on the floor a little ways away

He came back holding a un-opened bottle of water "Catch" He shouted throwing the bottle towards her.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:45:22 AM
"Thank you" she said, catching it. After drinking a bit, she tossed it off to the side, "Are you ready?"

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:48:17 AM
Kyle stood a few feet away from her "I'm ready" He said with a grin "just be sure you are"

He charged at faking a left punch and sending his right toward her stomach.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 01:57:32 AM
Eo had seen that he was getting excited, so she wasn't terribly surprised when he came charging at her, also, when she was streching she helped herself focus more on the fighting and not on the fact that Kyle was someone new to her.

He punched with his right fist to her stomach.
Stepping quickly to her left, she took his right wrist in her right hand and kept it going past her while she jabed at his face with her left.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:46:31 PM
Kyle brought his free hand up anf hit her incoming fist away from his face moments before it would have hit him

He then lashed out his foot at her left knee which should still be sore from the last time he kicked it.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 14th, 2004, 10:59:31 PM
Because she was still holding onto his wrist, Eo used him as leverage and jumped to her left and barely avoided his kick. Grabbing his hand with her left hand, she twisted it out away from his body and pushed it downward.
This should bring him down. She thought The pain mixed with my strength should do it. Nobody has ever escaped this hold.

Shade Magus
Feb 15th, 2004, 03:48:12 PM
Shade watched on. It was apparent that the young girl had the early signs of a Force user, and was even somewhat adavnced. She had also proven not to be a quitter, which would help her go a long way in her training. He would wait just a second longer before ending this.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 15th, 2004, 10:55:13 PM
Kyle new that if He used for powers he could easily stop her attack but He knew it would be unfare since she didnt know how to use the force yet

Kyle had seen this move several times on the streets and new he had no chance of breaking it without using the force. Before she finished Her move He said "I give" knowing the pain that would follow if she didnt stop.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:01:48 AM
Eo let go and stepped back, but she kept her gaurd because she was expecting an unexpected attack. “Are you sure?” She asked.

Kyle Krogen
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:00:41 PM
"Yes" Kyle said standing up strait "I admit defeat" He paused "I was too cocky and thought I was so much better then you and it led me to defeat" He smiled "I have learned something great today and I thank you for teaching me."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:11:04 PM
"No, I thank you Kyle. If you had not continued when I asked, you would have this victory, so I think it is fair to say that you are the better. Besides, you didn't use the force as far as I know." She smiled, "Or did you?"

Kyle Krogen
Feb 16th, 2004, 11:35:28 PM
Kyle chuckled "I did not use the force" He said stretching his arms "But sometimes you can't tell if your using it or not" He paused and thought for a moment "Like you could use your ability to see into the future without even knowing it and its the samething with other abilitys

So i might of used it it without know during our spar but" He looked at her and smiled "Only the force itself would know."

Shade Magus
Feb 17th, 2004, 01:22:19 PM
Shade smiled as he nodded.

"Kyle is right. But to truthfully answer your question, both of you used the Force during this match. Maybe you didn't do it consiously, but it was still there nonetheless, and that is good. It shows that you both have strong ties to the Force."

Shade turned to Kyle and gave a slight bow.

"Thank you Kyle Krogen thanks to you I have a pretty good idea as to where to start Eo in her training."

The Jedi turned to Eo.

"Take a breather for a moment and collect your thoughts. Your next spar will be with me. Now that I know where to gauge you at, this method of teaching should be quite easy. It is the same method that I was taught under. It teaches you to use the Force consiously and unconsiously. For today, I only want you to push youself as far as you can go. Hopefully, you will be able to go on the offensive, which is using the Force consiously, rather than stay defensive."

Shade stepped back a few feet, and took off his outer robe. He turned around, his back facing Eo.

"When you are ready, attack. Kyle you are more than welcome to stay and watch, even coach her on. Giving her advice that you might find helpful, that I may overlook."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 17th, 2004, 11:31:49 PM
Eo stood up from where she was sitting, closed her eyes and took a couple deep breaths. Then she stepped out and faced Shade. She stepped toward him and kicked toward his lower back with her right foot.

Shade Magus
Feb 18th, 2004, 01:36:54 PM
Befor ethe kick landed, Shade had already moved and had his fist in front of her face.

"You have to be a lot faster. Open yourself up and let your body take control. You said you could see things before they happen, well then show me. See beyond everything, release your emotions and let the Force flow through you. It will be hard, but i know you can do it."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 19th, 2004, 10:47:31 AM
"Yes Sir"
Eo stepped back and took a couple deep breaths. Then she moved in closer to Shade and tried to concentrate on what was going on and what was going to happen. She jabbed at his gut with her right fist, but saw his arm coming down to block it, so she moved with his block and kicked toward his left knee.

Shade Magus
Feb 19th, 2004, 03:07:48 PM
Shade did as she had predicted, but he didn't see her kick until it was almost to late. He brought his leg up and blocked it, the blow making him step back a few feet.

"Good. Now that is a lot better. Keep it up and I might even have to take it up a fewmore notches just to keep up with you."

Shade dropped to the ground and pivoted. His right leg sweeping towards hers. Hopefully if he timed this right he would catch her off gaurd. He pushed the Force out around him, clouding his own mind so as that others may not see into it and also slowing down the world around him so that he appeared to fast even faster.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 19th, 2004, 11:12:06 PM
At the last second Eo sensed his leg coming toward her, but he was moving to fast for her to block it. Her feet were swept from underneath her, but because she was semi-prepared for it, she rolled away from him and wasted no time getting up. She stood and consentrated on him and tried to figure out what he was going to do, but she couldn't sense anything. So she moved closer and faked a jab with her left fist while swinging her right up toward his chin. She couldn't sense what he was going to do, so she hoped to atleast confuse him a little.

Shade Magus
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:48:02 AM
Shade smiled as he caught her fist right under his chin.

"Good. Now you are getting it. Keep it coming. Let everything flow togther. Move with your movements, don't decide what your movements."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 20th, 2004, 12:08:31 PM
Eo's right foot had been forward, and now she stepped back with it and as soon as it touched the ground she swept it back toward his feet. Thinking that he would jump over her leg, she prepared to land her foot and punch his stomach when he landed.

Shade Magus
Feb 20th, 2004, 11:48:19 PM
Shade did a backflip. Because he had not seen the punch coming, he could not miss it, but it barely caught him due to the distance his flip had put between them, but it still had enough force to knock him back. Before he could think of what he was doing, out of reflex, Shade grabbed Eo's wrist and twisted flipping her.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 21st, 2004, 07:57:51 PM
Eo, totally unprepared and unexpecting, was flipped over by Shade. She landed on her back and got the wind knocked out of her. she lay there and got her breath back. "I think I hurt my back," she groaned while rolling over and getting to her feet.

Shade Magus
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:38:30 AM
Shade stopped immeadately and walked over to Eo. He held his hand out for her to use to help her get back to her feet. He knelt down so that he had better ground and could provide more support.

"Are you sure? You gonna be ok?"

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:40:11 PM
Eo took his hand and let him help her to her feet. "I'll be ok, but do you mind if I go sit down for a while?"

Shade Magus
Feb 23rd, 2004, 03:38:56 PM
"Sure. No problem."

Shade walked over, picked up his robe, and went back over to where Eo was sitting.

"If you don't mind maybe I could ask you a few questions while you rest."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:53:42 PM
Eo smiled at him. "Of course I don't mind! Go right ahead."

Shade Magus
Feb 24th, 2004, 02:55:56 PM
"First off. What was your childhodd like? I know it may seem a bit....I guess you would say irrelevant, but I like to get to know the people that I take on as Padawans. I mean is there anything you could tell me about your past?"

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 24th, 2004, 05:58:18 PM
"Of course there is! Where should I start? Hmm... Well, I was born on Endor where I lived with my parents and three younger siblings. When I was 12, my parents were arrested, and the four of us lived on the streets until someone from an orphanage found us and brought us in to live there. I didn't like it, but my three siblings did. My youngest sister, who was 4 at the time, was young enough to be liked by everyone, and she was a particular favorite around some of the older kids. My other two siblings are boys and they were 7 and 8 at the time, and they got along with the other boys there pretty well. I'm still not sure why I wasn't liked, but I assume that it was because I had different tastes than the other girls.
There was a lot of trees around, so I spent most of my time climbing them and building forts in the branches. When I wasn't scaling the tree tops, I was on the ground doing my second favorite thing, playing soccer. On the field I could forget about other things, and I played well enough that the other kids actually wanted me on their team. Those were the only times that I felt even slightly wanted there.
For the next three years I lived practically by myself.
I kept asking to leave, because I couldn't stand the place, but they kept telling me 'no'. Because I liked to be outdoors climbing trees and playing soccer, I got pretty strong.
Finally, like 2 weeks ago, they let me leave. I had heard of jedi's and had decided a couple years ago that I wanted to become one, so I asked around and found my way here."

Shade Magus
Feb 25th, 2004, 01:48:21 PM
Shade nodded.

"Interesting story. Very different from most here. As I can already tell you are skilled with the Force and in time I hope that you come to be able to use it more consiously. Now then. Might I inquire as to what your parents were arrested for?"

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 25th, 2004, 07:30:26 PM
Eo looked away from Shade's face when he asked this. They were caught breaking into a building, and when the police came my parents killed three of them before the police got a hand on them."

Shade Magus
Feb 26th, 2004, 01:15:20 PM
"Ohhh....I am sorry to hear that......."

Shade took a seat in front of the young Elven lady and smiled.

"Well.....look on the bright side, atleast you are here and now you have a chance at a whole new life."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 28th, 2004, 11:17:51 PM
"Yes that is true. It's hard to let go of the past though."

Eo looked up at Shade. "How did you become a jedi?"

Shade Magus
Feb 28th, 2004, 11:25:49 PM
"Through a lot of sweat and determination, but if you want to know who I came here, then it is because of my brother. He was a Sith and wanted me to join them, but wouldn't tell me where he was. Eventually I stumbled along these guys and now here I am.......but it pained me to find my brother was an enemy. Eventually I had to fight him on more than one ocassion and the one time I won the fight I killed him. At that time I had already become a Jedi Knight, but after that I renounced my training anf fell to the darkness. It took a few Jedi to bring me back. Afterwards I took back on my title as Jedi Knight after feeling that I was truely ready for it. Now I am here training Padawans, hoping they do not follow my same mistake."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Mar 3rd, 2004, 05:20:58 PM
"You were forced to kill your brother? That must have been pretty hard on you."
Eo looked at the ground and thought about what he had said before she asked, "Are there many people that you know that are siths? I mean, how often are you fighting someone that you know?

Shade Magus
Mar 3rd, 2004, 08:38:36 PM
"Well...that is a hard question to answer because it can be answered so many different ways. Most of the Sith that I fight I do know, but that is because I just happen to run into them often enough. But if you mean before becoming a Jedi then no."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:14:20 AM
"Yes, knowing them before you have fought them is what I meant. Wait, does that mean that you don't defeat them when you fight them? Do the fights have a definite winner and loser?"

Shade Magus
Mar 7th, 2004, 12:46:15 AM
"There is much more to winning a fight than just who wakls away. For a Jedi to fight at all is already a defeat, but to kill unless there is no other choice, that is something that a true Jedi may not be able to live with. For us when we fight, to win is just that both parties walk away at the end."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:38:31 PM
OOC::sorry it took me so long to post

IC::
I'm a little confused, you Jedi are supposed to protect people aren't you? Well then why do you feel like it's a defeat to fight?

Shade Magus
Apr 18th, 2004, 06:46:04 PM
"Because fighting can lead to what most Jedi would call agression. In a fight it is very hard to keep one's emotions in check and they can loose themselves if they loose control.. Very few Jedi have wondered the road of the warrior because it is often the most solitary road there is. They don't want distactions to get in their way or have freinds that could become potential threats and thus becoming emotionally involved. For al Jedi this is a threat yes, but for others who have not been in many fights they hav not been tainted. They don't know the feel of the agression and since Jedi are preached to about agression leading to the darkside they are able to detect it more easily and most push it away. For a warrior though, the touch of agression can become very freindly though."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:07:43 PM
Eo thought about what he said before she said,
So what your saying is that Jedi are against fighting because it can cause aggression. Then why does everyone train so much and so hard just to not fight when you have the chance. And you said something about only a few Jedi becoming warriors. I thought all Jedi were warriors? Or perhaps I'm thinking wrong.

Shade Magus
Apr 21st, 2004, 11:13:22 PM
Shade smiled at theyoung girl's inquisitiveness. "Maybe thiswill clarify it. Jedi fight when needed, butwe tryto avoid it. As far beinga warrior what I mean by that is few Jedi go out and actively look for fights."