PDA

View Full Version : Probowl

Ryan Pode
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:03:11 PM
If anyone else is watching, Steve McNair just threw 91 yards for a TD on their first play.

Ryan Pode
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:06:49 PM
And Ed Reed just blocked a punt and ran it for a TD. :D

Charley
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:09:56 PM
Dude, nobody watches the Pro Bowl :lol

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:34:33 PM
Originally posted by Charley
Dude, nobody watches the Pro Bowl :lol
Exactly. Even the Grammys is better than the Pro Bowl.

Ryan Pode
Feb 8th, 2004, 08:11:11 PM
I watch the pro-bowl. :( Its an exciting game cos people score so much... and Peyton Manning sucks. 2 for 9.

JMK
Feb 8th, 2004, 08:16:33 PM
But he still has a TD. ;)
I'm watching, but it pretty much blows.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:35:07 PM
The problem is the ProBowl means nothing these guys just get a trip to Hawaii and thats about it. I also think an allstar game is harder to do in Football than the other sports too many things the players aren't used to. Also the AFC should win, they have dominated the probowl over the years.

Ryan Pode
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:50:31 PM
COS AFC is a better division. NFC is bad. I like the pro-bowl because it gives a lot of insight into the off-season and whatnot. And once last look at Ray Lewis run people down and pummel them.

Charley
Feb 8th, 2004, 09:56:03 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
COS AFC is a better division. NFC is bad. I like the pro-bowl because it gives a lot of insight into the off-season and whatnot. And once last look at Ray Lewis run people down and pummel them.

Maybe this time he'll get arrested.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:16:35 PM
That is some shot heh. I have never carred for Lewis after that incident. Although what is worst his buddies got away with killing that guy.

JMK
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:19:16 PM
Wow what a comeback for the NFC.
Nice to see Manning back to his old pouting self again. Throwing pick after pick. ;)

Ryan Pode
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:19:38 PM
Rah. He didn't kill anyone and notice how he doesn't hang out with them anymore? At least my team wins games. Anyways, Peyton Manning is sucking... I am confused. Should I be happy with him sucking or should I be sad with the AFC losing?

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:19:51 PM
This game is going to end up in the 50's.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:37:20 PM
And Bulger throws an INT what is new. Maybe this game will go to OT.

JMK
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:02:57 PM
Well if Vanderjagt was going to miss a crucial FG it may as well of been today. This game ended up being very entertaining and guys were playing a lot harder this year than any other year that I can recall.

Ryan Pode
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:18:33 AM
And all of you mocked me for watching an interesting game. I sure as heck didn't see them coming back 25 points... but thats what ya get for putting Colts on your team.

jjwr
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:58:14 AM
This has nothing to do with the ProBowl, more a Ray Lewis comment.

Some NFL Players were getting asked what they thought about Playmakers being cancelled and what they thought of the show in general.

I don't recall his exact words but Ray Lewis said he didn't like the show because he didn't want his kids seeing NFL Players portrayed in such a bad light and he felt it wasn't accurate.

:)

JMK
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:08:40 AM
Instead he would like his son to watch a show about a star linebacker and his gang of thugs going around killing people and then getting away with the whole. That would be much more accurate eh Ray? ;)

Ryan Pode
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:17:39 PM
That was like 8 or 9 years ago! And he was acquitted! All he does now is sit in house, watching his mondo-sized plasma TV with Ed Reed while eating food from his Jamacian Chef!

As for playmakers, I felt it was a bit unrealistic.

Figrin D'an
Feb 9th, 2004, 03:52:31 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
That was like 8 or 9 years ago! And he was acquitted! All he does now is sit in house, watching his mondo-sized plasma TV...

Replace "Ray Lewis" with "OJ Simpson," and the same general statement can apply. I doubt many here believe that OJ was actually innocent.

Time isn't the universal solvent for stains of the past. Be it yesterday, or 6 years ago, it still happened. People will still remember that incident, no matter what he accomplishes on the field. Its part of the nature of being famous.

Your zeal for your team is admirable to a point, but you need to relax about defending everything that anyone wearing a Ravens uniform does. If Ray Lewis played for a different team, or if the Browns had never left Cleveland, you're attitude toward him would be dramatically different.

JMK
Feb 9th, 2004, 05:03:04 PM
:thumbup Amen!

;)

Ryan Pode
Feb 9th, 2004, 07:51:35 PM
He was acquitted though... :( ACQUITTED!!!

JMK
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:43:38 PM
O.J. got off too. Does anyone with an ounce of sanity believe he didn't do it?

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:47:08 PM
He wasn't aquited he made a deal with the prosecution for a way lesser offense. he then testified and his boys got off. Got me how I think the Atlanta DA offense must be very incompetent.

JMK
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:55:20 PM
I don't remember either, but they probably all got off on a weak technicality. :\

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 9th, 2004, 09:57:35 PM
They were aquitted I think, I am guessing the DA's office messed the case up I thought they had solid evidence. Of course Lewis's thugs had a lot of money in their defense attorney's pockets which helped.

jjwr
Feb 10th, 2004, 07:40:30 AM
Just another celibrity/athlete getting off while a average citizen would have been toast in the same situation.

I don't mind Ray Lewis as a player but he's got a way to go before he can be preaching morals.

And not to pile on the guy, I'm really glad the Ravens and Lewis lost the first round game, as much as him and the others were running their mouths about everything it didn't pain me to see them go down.

JMK
Feb 10th, 2004, 09:14:33 AM
I love it when people with problems staying quiet get tossed from the playoffs. If they'd just concentrate on their game they'd probably be better off, but some people will say his yapping is 'part of his game'. :rolleyes

Ryan Pode
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:30:04 PM
I think the Ravens could have beaten the Patriots. Ravens had a better defense and if Eddie George could run on them, think of what Jamal coulda done. Ashame Brown had to toss around that Titan at the end.

JMK
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:43:29 PM
Well I think the Dolphins could have beat the Patriots too. But they didn't even make the playoffs and they did beat the Ravens. What's my point? The Ravens didn't win and the Pats did.

Ryan Pode
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:47:37 PM
The Dolphins beat the ravens in a very close game that could have gone either way. And the Dolphins didn't make the playoffs because Denver beat Indy at home and Bengals lost to the Browns.

JMK
Feb 10th, 2004, 02:54:11 PM
Yes I know it was a close game. My point is it doesn't matter if you lose by 3 or 30. If you lose, you lose. If you win, you win. The Pats won. If the Ravens were champions, they would have found a way to beat the Titans for starters.

Ryan Pode
Feb 10th, 2004, 03:47:26 PM
One penalty. Emotion got the best of Orlando Brown and he pushed a Titan putting them into field goal position.

JMK
Feb 10th, 2004, 04:20:57 PM
Champion teams don't take foolish penalties that cost them games. Champion teams don't look to one single call or one single play that defines their outcome. If the Ravens were a champion team, they would have buried the Titans earlier in the game.

Ryan Pode
Feb 10th, 2004, 05:26:39 PM
Thats why the superbowl was won in the final seconds, because the Championship team buried their opponents early in the game?

JMK
Feb 10th, 2004, 10:52:59 PM
Champion teams do what they have to do to win. Carolina was an NFC champ. New England an AFC champ. New England did what they had to do to win. They didn't take stupid penalties where you point to that one call and say "That cost us the game". That's what a winning team does. They stay composed and beat you. Anyone can beat anyone in this league on any given day, but when it's over, it's over. It's doesn't make sense to start saying that "They could have/should have/would have won against New England". Of course, I could say that the Cardinals could have done it. But they didn't. No one did and its a waste of time to dwell on what may have been. The Ravens lost. Case closed.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:06:35 AM
Yeah and if my Chiefs had beaten the Colts they could have beaten the Patriots. There is no point in if and buts after the fact, it is better to look towards next season.

jjwr
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:01:11 AM
Heh....lets be honest guys, do you really think the Chiefs, Dolphins or Ravens would have beaten the Pats in Foxboro this year? :)

Chiefs....horrible Defense, Pats would have scored 30 and held the Chiefs offense down enough to win.

Ravens....great RB, no QB. Eddie George didn't exactly run on the Pats. The Pats would have stacked the line and Lewis would have had a 18 carry 58 yard game and the Ravens QB wouldn't have been able to make any plays to beat the Pats D.

Dolphins, same as the Ravens. Pats would have shut down Ricky and Fiedler wouldn't be able to beat them.

No one thought Delhomme could do it but he had a very good year and they've got a pair of fast, physical receivers. A good combination, something none of those other teams had.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:41:34 AM
I don't think any of those teams would have won in Foxboro, at least not this year, but technically it *could* happen. It's not an impossibility, but that's not the point here. No one did beat them and it's pointless to argue if someone could have or not. Like Carr said, time to look to next season.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:41:58 PM
Yeah JMK that is my point, it is stupid to think about it now better to hope for next season. If you keep dreading on possibilities after the fact where does that get you.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:55:02 PM
You either become a great apologist or a historical revisionist, and there's plenty of both in the world these days...

jjwr
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:01:19 PM
JMK...I LOVE your little personal pic....

I live in a Van down by the RIVER!!

lol....man I miss that guy.

Ryan Pode
Feb 11th, 2004, 03:21:17 PM
Jim Fassel will do it. He will Kyle Boller the man.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:35:12 PM
Originally posted by jjwr
JMK...I LOVE your little personal pic....

I live in a Van down by the RIVER!!

lol....man I miss that guy.

I miss that guy too, but now he will live forever as my avatar! :lol

Ryan Pode
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:52:41 PM
Yay.

JMK
Feb 11th, 2004, 09:17:52 PM
Sorry. I was going to use Ray Lewis, but then I realized...no one likes him....at all. :\

Ryan Pode
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:31:39 AM
A plague on you! :mad