PDA

View Full Version : Blind-Man Walking (open)

Aaron Belargic
Feb 7th, 2004, 10:45:31 AM
It was difficult, that was a given, but it was for a purpose. After all, why else would Aaron have a shield over his eyes? It was simple black cloth, tied in a tight knot around his head, and rendered him completely unable to see. When he'd first stepped out of his room into the hallways, he had bumped into someone. No doubt they'd given him an odd look. No though he was feeling a bit more confident. He had wandered into some busier areas and was making his way around with minimal collisions.

Unforunately, he was just about to have another.

Rognan Dar
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:03:11 PM
Rognan was walking along, reading a datapad. Though, he normally didn't have any problems reading and walking at the same time, he seemed to have run into someone.

As he looked up from the ground, he saw what looked to be Master Dasquin with a black cloth around his eye's.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't see you. Here, let me help you."

He stood up and help his hand out for the man to take.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 14th, 2004, 04:56:15 AM
Aaron waved a dismissive hand. "Thank you for the offer, but I have to make sure I can do this alone," He smiled and began trying to discern who he was speaking to through Force signature, "Although, I would appreciate if you walked with me a while, just to stop me if I looked as though I was going to do something particularly dangerous."

Rognan Dar
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:18:21 PM
Stop him? Why not take the cloth off? Or is there something else that I dont know? were the thoughts of Rog.

Rognan helped the man to his feet. He then looked him over carefully.

"Do you have some eye problem?" he said after a moment.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 21st, 2004, 05:59:56 AM
Aaron smiled slightly, as they walked together, Aaron successfully managed to not bump into anything thus far. "Oh, no. No problem. I'm just doing this for training purposes... it's all good and well to try and avoid stationary objects. People are much harder."

Rognan Dar
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:30:37 PM
"Ah, I see...er...understand. My names Rognan, by the way. Er...you look like Master Dasquian. Your not related are you?"

Rognan walked to the side. Making hand signs at anyone that saw the two to watch out.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 24th, 2004, 03:05:38 AM
"Hey, no!" Aaron raised a hand, "Don't warn them, act normal. Please?" He paused a moment then, righting himself and his balance before answering the question, "Oh yes of course we're related... we're brothers. I'm suprised we haven't met before Rognan. I'm Aaron. We're twins."

Rognan Dar
Feb 24th, 2004, 11:19:22 PM
"Twins? Really? Wow. Thats wierd..."

Rognan was about to warn someone but resisted. It was clear that they could see the blindfold over his eye's. And the look they gave them was priceless.

Aaron Belargic
Feb 25th, 2004, 03:26:22 PM
"Weird?" It wasn't apparent, but Aaron had raised an eyebrow, "Well, I thought it would be pretty obvious... we've got a half-brother too, you know? We all look alike. Runs in the family-" Aaron swerved to avoid an oncoming person, only to nearly bump into another.

Rognan Dar
Feb 25th, 2004, 05:35:17 PM
"No. I didn't mean weird as in your family...I meant it as in my own. I just resently found that I had a twin. And I can't help but notice that there are, in fact, more twins here then I would have expected. Dont get me wrong, I like having a twin. I feel...oh, more complete because of it. Like I was missing something my whole life only for it to be filled once we met."

Aaron Belargic
Feb 26th, 2004, 11:49:39 AM
Aaron nodded slightly, "I know how you feel. Being seperated from Dasquian makes me feel as though there is something missing, in spite of how much he can irrate me sometimes," the Padawan laughed slightly. "I got so tired of being mistaken for him at first..."

Rognan Dar
Feb 27th, 2004, 05:04:48 PM
"And you dont so much now?"

Aaron Belargic
Feb 28th, 2004, 06:31:15 AM
"Well, it doesn't happen as often," he said, actually turning his head to look at Rognan, "now that people know me... well, most people do." He looked back ahead, stopping a moment to let a group of youngling Padawans cross the hallway. "I disliked it, because it was just like being a child all over again, but I suppose there's no way of avoiding it."

Rognan Dar
Feb 28th, 2004, 03:49:01 PM
"Maybe you could just wear a big sign that says: 'Aaron!' That would get it through peoples heads." Rognan couldn't help but laugh at himself. "But there is something different about the two of you if you look hard enough. And can see the difference already. You two dont move the same. And that is how I will tell you apart."

Aaron Belargic
Mar 3rd, 2004, 11:52:10 AM
"If you could see my eyes, that would help too," Aaron laughed along with Rognan, "Do you think I've done enough blind-walking for today? I can never tell how long I've been doing it... I can't see my watch!"

Rognan Dar
Mar 3rd, 2004, 10:54:30 PM
"Yes, have your eye's covered could hamper the abilty to see a watch. And for your question, I dont know. How long did you want to go on with this?"

Aaron Belargic
Mar 10th, 2004, 10:10:24 AM
“A couple of hours? I can’t do more than that a day without my sight going a little off… same with seeing in the dark, although that’s a little easier.”

Rognan Dar
Mar 12th, 2004, 12:13:36 AM
"I've never tried walking around with my vision cut off. I would think that I know how to get around, but not for where I am going. It tends to feel differently when you walk with your eye's closed. Like you are walking unsteadily."

Aaron Belargic
Mar 14th, 2004, 09:43:44 AM
“Unsteady is an understatement,” he laughed. “I’m just doing it so my mind gets used to showing me where to go… you know, seeing with the Force, being aware of everything around you.”