PDA

View Full Version : So, is Bill Murray's Golden Globes speech still funny?

ReaperFett
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:04:05 PM
Murray's Globe Speech Jokes "Are True"

Hollywood actor Bill Murray's apparent jokes about firing his agent and his personal trainer committing suicide at the Golden Globe Awards have turned out to be true. The screen star accepted a Best Actor award at the Hollywood ceremony late last month for his efforts in acclaimed movie Lost In Translation - and proceeded to draw laughter when he told the audience he'd dismissed his agents "months ago" and his "personal trainer killed himself". While many put the comments down to Murray's dry humor, it turns out his agent Rick Kurtzman did "part company with Murray two months ago", according to an assistant to the Creative Artists Agency representative. And his personal trainer Raphael Picaud took his own life in July, confirm friends of the French fitness guru, who ran the exercise studio Body Maxx Exclusive Training Center in Los Angeles.
http://www.imdb.com/PeopleNews/#1

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:54:24 PM
Hmm. Thats....interesting?

ReaperFett
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:01:30 PM
I'm not sure. Either Murray was making jokes about dead people or was being sincere and everyone laughed. Who knows :)

CMJ
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:51:55 PM
Comedians often make fun of tragic events....

imported_Grev Drasen
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:58:02 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
Comedians often make fun of tragic events....
Who's to say he was making fun of it?

Ryan Pode
Feb 6th, 2004, 09:57:15 PM
Well, since I missed it I can only assume he was making fun of it.

CMJ
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:40:29 PM
Originally posted by Grev Drasen
Who's to say he was making fun of it?

His wrysense of humor..and the overall tone of his speech leads me to that conclusion. People grieve in different ways. Some people cry, and others make light of things to hide their sadness.