PDA

View Full Version : March of the Aarchim

Milligan
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:29:11 PM
Peace can only remain peace for so long. The tide of war ebbs and flows unerringly. From one battle to the next, though the foe may be different, the outcome is the same – a brief respite from the bloodshed. The realm of Aarchim was once again teetering upon the brink of combat. Though a brave and valiant effort had been made to hold pack the opposing forces, slowly but surely, the enemy – the Tridons – were wearing the soldiers down. A warrior can only take so much before his will, if not his back, is broken. All about the court, word was spreading of impending defeat, of the eventual over-run of their land, when the walls would be breached and the forests burnt to the ground. With apathy and lethargy gripping tightly upon the throat of the kingdoms leaders, it seemed all hope was lost…

One woman would not give up so lightly.

As she stalked the long corridor to the Generals chamber, it was evident from her confident step that she saw only one course of action. Light dappling over her face revealed a sharp and determined expression drawn into her soft features. When the time came for the Tridons to take the cities, she too would be culled – or perhaps worse, killed. She would not stand idly by while everything she loved and stood for crumbling and burnt to ash beneath her. Her motivation was not selfish, but selfless. A sense of stability, ease and perhaps, if it was humanly possible, peace was all she wanted and she would do everything in her power to get it.

The chamber doors swung open, and the General turned to look into the face of his agent.

“You must send a summons to Coruscant. Call upon the Jedi.”

The man looked surprised, and was about to speak; protest, no doubt, but he was interupted, “General Gala, you cannot delay this action any longer! The lives of our people are stake. Every minute that passes by, we sink deeper into the hole that will one-day cave in upon us. Please, I implore you. If you believe nothing else I say, believe this.”

Murnon Moriarci
Feb 6th, 2004, 04:42:18 PM
' That is a lie!' Called Moriarci from the back of the court, he himself had only just passed within the threshold of the room and he spoke with a louder voice than Millagan did. On Aarchim it was the power of ones voice that somtimes grated superiority over intelligence. It showed courage and confidence.

' The Jedi are no more than a rabble of mindless selfish bastards. They, come to our aid? i think not young Agent of this court. You forget, i have been to them, they are no more interested in our world as we are in their culture.' he finished pushing passed the girl, his right hand men, Huross and Caliden standing with him to block the smaller woman out from the courts view.

' I propose we send a Savic cavalry charge out to meet their superior land warrior, with Javalin and sword we could demolish their catapults and war machinery before they get to our borders, then and only then we can have a better chance!' Murnon smiled, he knew aswell as the others it would be suiside for the savic backed men but at this low stange it was worth a shot.

' You and i know Governer that our forces are low enough and cannot take a beating from their boulder throwing weapons, it would disarsterous for our capital, Aarchim. Be rid of them so we can fight hand to hand with their forces rather than word, iron boulder and steel to our hand and sword...'

The court fell silent, it was evident the Tridons were far superior in arms and taking their war mashines wold aid the Aarchim a great deal. The Governer looked down in thought.

Milligan
Feb 7th, 2004, 02:54:05 AM
She pressed forward, challenging Murnon with a stone glare.

"Ride out and meet them? That is suicide, plain as can be. They out number and out armour us. A head-on attack now would do nothing save to further deplete the size of our army. Are you willing to risk the lives of your soldiers on a vagary of chance? Fortify the defenses - they will hold! - and send a call to the Jedi. They cannot refuse us aid! They will send Knights whose combat prowess far surpasses that even of the Tridons.”

Whirling back to look at the Governor, her eyes met his, demanding an answer.

Murnon Moriarci
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:07:31 PM
' You my dear are simply a wet behind the ears whelp, you have had limited battle experince and you know nothing of politics! not to mention you were trained by the bastard Kelt Simoson who abandoned our planet to join that idiot sect of Jedi!'

A few more of the powerful ranked warriors jeered at him now for Kelt in his day was quite a popular man, most however stayed silent for the lie of Kelt abandorning them was trusted by many, the lie of course was sprung by Moriarci himself.

' Now leave this court at once orfind yourself behind bars!-'

""NO!"" The Governer suddenly raised his voice. ""She is a Captain and should be treated assuch..wel will listen to her plan...how so you suppose we contact the jedi? we have none of heir flying vessels or communication technology""

Milligan
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:14:00 PM
His harsh words lit a fire in her. It was hot and full of anger that she could barely contain. In spite of this, she showed Murnon little more than a frown. She would not bow to his taunts.

"We must have beacons of some kind. How else was Captain Simoson able to leave? How else do we communicate with our off-world allies?"

Murnon Moriarci
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:19:33 PM
' You have had intelligence 'Milligan' Than he has been back to our world?' Said the Governer in a suprised yet semi pleased tone.

Milligan
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:23:24 PM
"I didn't say that,"

She replied immeadiately. She had no knowledge of Kelt ever returning, but in her heart of hearts hoped that he had, or would in the future.

"But who I am to say. Perhaps he has," she added with an air of pride, side-glancing at Murnon.

Murnon Moriarci
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:29:47 PM
' Start making investigations 'Milligan' into how we can ether get towards their home world of...coruscant is it? or how we can communicate with them...or both, Your plan Moriarci is trollop, now get out of my siight and continue with your work on the field...' The court was quiet but agreed silently.

Milligan
Feb 11th, 2004, 11:56:50 AM
She shifted somewhat anxiously from one foot to another, "With all due respect, my knowledge of communications is limited. It is not my forte by any means. My skill lies in battle. I do think, however, there is more likelihood of them coming to us than us getting to Coruscant."