View Full Version : Help please

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:10:09 AM
Ace McCloud wrote on 02-04-04 04:16 PM:
Hey if you could delete Drake's post here:

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34069

thatd be wonderful...thanks.

Lilaena De'Ville wrote on Yesterday 10:02 AM:
Um...which one? And was this agreed upon by him as well?

Ace McCloud wrote on Yesterday 03:02 PM:
Can you delete both now? He fixed his powerplaying but nobody really wants him in the RP. I haven't spoken to all of them, but a few support me and one wont even post until he is gone. It's nothing against him, but him joining was just random, unannounced, and well, pointless.

Lilaena De'Ville wrote on Yesterday 08:43 PM:
Sorry Ace, it's an open RP. I can't just summarily delete someone's posts because another person/persons wants them gone. I suggest you PM Drake and ask him politely to leave the thread, explaining your position. Also, save the PM records. If he refuses, just RP it out. After all, some of the fun of RPing is the unexpected.

Plus, working with a 'less gifted' RPer can sometimes be good, because it gives them a working knowledge of what they can, and can't do.

If you're still having problems, let me or one of the other staff members know.

Ace McCloud wrote on Yesterday 06:49 PM:
Crap! Well. Meh. It's open no doubt but I asked people to post in an OOC thread before joining...doesn't that count as an invited? I'm not complaining, I just don't understand. It is my RP and he is a guest. But we have already asked him to leave. Though I don't know if he will. Well, thanks anyway.

And I don't think he's a less gifted Rper, or atleast shouldn't be by now. He's been around for a while...

I don't know if I've done the right thing or not. I mean, I want to help them out but I can't think of a way how to. :(

TheHolo.Net
Feb 6th, 2004, 11:33:04 AM
You are right, an open RP in the RP forum is an open RP and someone else's posts in that thread cannot be deleted without the permission of the actual author.

ReaperFett
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:13:40 PM
If it's open but you must post in a thread first, it's closed isn't it?

TheHolo.Net
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:17:28 PM
More or less, but if the thread is in the RP Forum and not the ST forum, its open.

imported_Eve
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:48:56 PM
I thought you denoted who was invited by putting their name in parenthesis w/ the title?

I think you did good.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 7th, 2004, 03:21:27 PM
Thanks guys, I wasn't sure since I was sort of rushed for time when I was responding to his PMs. :)