PDA

View Full Version : The last nail in the Bond Franchise?

JMK
Feb 5th, 2004, 05:57:36 PM
As if some of the movies of recent memory were less than memorable (Tomorrow Never Dies & Die Another Day stink of rotting flesh), this may kill the next one before filming even starts:
http://entertainment.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=148801

Droo
Feb 5th, 2004, 06:30:52 PM
Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies were great. Die Another Day and The World is Not Enough were alright but Britney a Bond girl? Please. Save it for Austin Powers.

ReaperFett
Feb 5th, 2004, 06:31:44 PM
Die Another Day was great, and both turned a good profit. How are they nails in the coffin?

It's non news IMO.

"Extra" says it was Spears who requested the meeting.

I could request a meeting with the Bond makers if I wanted :)

Droo
Feb 5th, 2004, 06:44:14 PM
Actually, DAD is much better than TWINE, just not on par with Goldeneye or TND.

Ace McCloud
Feb 5th, 2004, 07:57:41 PM
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee please no! Damn that woman!

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:35:34 PM
*retches

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:49:49 PM
Heck, they made Denise Richards a Bond girl - why not Britteny?

:x

They need more Bond WOMEN, like Teri Hatcher. None of these barely legal types. It just doesn't work for me.

Ace McCloud
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:57:10 PM
Denise richards was one of my favorites =P

Cirrsseeto Quez
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:58:16 PM
Uh, JMK what are you talking about? Tomorrow Never Dies, Goldeneye, and Die Another Day are easily among the best Bond films made. The World Is Not Enough, while not on par with those, isn't a bad bond movie.

It will take a helluva lot more than Brittney to do the franchise in. Hell, it survived Grace Jones, Halle Berry, and the bitch from Diamonds are Forever, whose name eludes me.

JMK
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:20:21 PM
:zzz That's me during what amounts to basically 2 hour commercials. Goldeneye was terrific. TWINE was also cool. As for the other 2...well lets chalk it up to a major difference in opinions. I thought they were atrocious. You didn't. Yay for us.

Charley
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:33:24 PM
The difference is that I'm a notorious Bond savant, and immerse myself in the series :)

CMJ
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:51:32 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Heck, they made Denise Richards a Bond girl - why not Britteny?

:x

They need more Bond WOMEN, like Teri Hatcher. None of these barely legal types. It just doesn't work for me.

Denise Richards is olderthan she looks. :p

Darth007
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:12:26 PM
Yeah I was flipping through the channels and I heard this and it caught my attention. The difference between Halle Berry and Britney Spears is that Halle Berry is usually a great actress and has done a variety of roles, while Spears is a bimbo blonde who's only acting experience is Crossroads. She'll always be Britney Spears the pop singer. PLEASE Bond people don't cast her.

They need more Bond WOMEN, like Teri Hatcher

agreed, Bond women need to be sexy, witty and mature. Anything else will just be too cheesy and will feel like another Austin Powers with Beyonce.

Charley
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:13:26 PM
Uh, what Halle Berry were you watching? :huh

Darth007
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:18:01 PM
okay I admit I've only seen her in Gothika and Die Another Day. But didnt she get awards for Monsters Ball or Swordfish or XMen? But still its more about her background. She can fit different roles while on the other hand I cant see Britney acting as anything other than she is. I mean look at that new movie that article talks about, "a teen looking for her big break." It's always the same roles which arent too different from her own life.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:21:06 PM
I really like Halle Berry and Id pit her against Spears any day of the week. If BS (and we all know what that stands for;) ) is the next Bond girl, then thats one Bond film I wont be watching.

Jackson DeWitt
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:24:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth007
okay I admit I've only seen her in Gothika and Die Another Day. But didnt she get awards for Monsters Ball or Swordfish or XMen? But still its more about her background. She can fit different roles while on the other hand I cant see Britney acting as anything other than she is. I mean look at that new movie that article talks about, "a teen looking for her big break." It's always the same roles which arent too different from her own life.

She got an academy award in Monster's Ball as a sympathy token for having to ride Billy Bob Thornton's craw. She certainly didn't get it for acting in any movie she's ever been in.

Swordfish?
X-Men?

What. She sucked in those.

Darth007
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:25:33 PM
Alright nevermind then :rolleyes haha. Still, can't compare her to Britney.

Jackson DeWitt
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:27:22 PM
Fortunately, I haven't seen crossroads. I remain blissfully ignorant on the question of whether she can or can't act.

I've never let a crappy bond girl ruin a movie for me. Grace Jones came perilously close though. Jill St. John (AHA, remembered her name) nearly did it as well. There's no way she can be worse than those two.

Daiquiri Van-Derveld
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:48:44 PM
Admittedly, Spears wasnt all that bad in Crossroads (imo) but that doesnt stop me from not liking her or wanting to see her in anything.

CMJ
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:04:25 AM
Actually, I felt Halle Berry's Oscar win was very deserved.

ReaperFett
Feb 6th, 2004, 06:48:23 AM
I personally feel she has two acting styles. Drifting through it without much effort for the paycheck and sucking so hard she may well be using a straw. Strangely, she's better drifting :)

Not seen MB though.