PDA

View Full Version : Lucas not happy with Indy 4 script

JMK
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:19:35 AM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3314

Variety reports that the reunion of Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford for Indiana Jones 4 is on hold again as a new script draft is commissioned. Paramount had hoped to get into production on a fourth film in 2004 for a 2005 release. Frank Darabont had been brought in to script a concept the trio liked, but apparently Lucas wasn't happy with the draft. They will now bring aboard another screenwriter to rewrite Darabont's script.

The trade added that Spielberg had no comment on his plans. Spielberg, Lucas and Ford have been trying for nearly a decade to mount one last Indiana Jones adventure, on the condition that all three had to love the concept and script before proceeding.

Finding an availability window for Spielberg, Ford and Lucas is daunting, and it is now looking like a 2005 production start at the earliest.

Ford, meanwhile, is considering other assignments, and Spielberg is likely to move on to The Rivals, written by Robin Swicord. The DreamWorks drama centers on the catfight between 19th century stage stars Sarah Bernhardt and Eleonora Duse for dominance of the legit stage. Production could begin in the fall or winter, depending on who Spielberg chooses to play the divas.

Spielberg is also said to be interested in a secret project said to be making the rounds.

The longer this goes on the less likely it is that we will ever see this movie get made. Ford is not getting any younger and many will say this shouldn't be made in the first place.

Sith Ahnk
Feb 5th, 2004, 12:17:31 PM
If Harrison becomes the new Sean Connery, I have no problems.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2004, 12:23:07 PM
I don't think the movie should be made the last one ended perfectly in my opinion.

darth_mcbain
Feb 5th, 2004, 12:33:23 PM
I second that Carr... While I'm not deathly opposed to a 4th movie, The Last Crusade tied things up pretty nicely - why spoil a good thing...

Darth Viscera
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:37:03 PM
nooooo, don't let lucas ruin yet another good trilogy :(

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:54:23 PM
I think if this movie gets made the trilogy will be ruined. Ford is just too old I saw him in Homicide and he is agging bad now. He looks his age (I mean almost 70) The movie will be a laughing stock. I think Lucas might be the only who realizes this. Ford is trying to bring back his dying career. And I have no clue what Spielberg is trying to do (unless he is trying to help Harrison out).

Charley
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:01:23 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I think if this movie gets made the trilogy will be ruined.

:huh How do you ruin a set of three pre-existing movies with another movie?

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:07:03 PM
Well it would ruin the perfect ending which Crusade had them riding off into the sunset I think that is my other problem with the film.

Charley
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:14:53 PM
Uh, every Indy movie had that kind of ending. There isn't continuity in the movies, dude.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:22:49 PM
He didn't ride of into the sunset in the other two. Raiders ended with the Ark in the Warehouse. Temple of Doom ended with kissing Capshaw's character and having a elephant spray them with water.

Jackson DeWitt
Feb 5th, 2004, 10:25:02 PM
Ok if you want to play it literally, he didn't. My point still stands. There is no continuity link, so having another movie really doesn't matter.

JMK
Feb 5th, 2004, 11:56:02 PM
First let me just say that if they made this 4th movie I'd be the first in line. If they never make it, I won't cry. But I have to agree somewhat with a 4th movie tarnishing *at least* the great way Crusaders ended. Indiana had learned to let go of the fortune and glory when he let the chalice fall. He had made up with his father. Everything about the character seemed perfectly wrapped up and there wasn't anything else to learn and no more adventuring to be done.
There aren't any links between the 3 movies aside from a few characters, and I don't think a 4th movie would be the end of the world, but it certainly isn't necessary to the franchise. But like I said, if they make it, I'll still be first in line.

Figrin D'an
Feb 6th, 2004, 01:16:59 AM
As long as the story sounds solid, I'll be there on opening day.

Although, I share similar sentiments. If it happens, I'll be happy to see it. If not, it's no big deal... I'd be happy with the trilogy.

Darth Viscera
Feb 6th, 2004, 08:08:34 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
I think if this movie gets made the trilogy will be ruined. Ford is just too old I saw him in Homicide and he is agging bad now. He looks his age (I mean almost 70) The movie will be a laughing stock. I think Lucas might be the only who realizes this. Ford is trying to bring back his dying career. And I have no clue what Spielberg is trying to do (unless he is trying to help Harrison out).

he's 61

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 6th, 2004, 02:01:02 PM
I know he looks older than 61 he has let himself go. I don't think he can do it now, man his career has sure fallen apart it has been 8 years since he has had a hit. I bet it doesn't happen now. This script delay will push the movie into 2006 so I have my doubts its going to even happen now.