PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offseason

Ryan Pode
Feb 4th, 2004, 07:02:57 PM
Well, with the season just about, off-season stuff will begin to get interesting. So, without further adue...

Jim Fossel signing with the Ravens is a good thing, along with Boller upfront for next year, it'll be good to improve upon our QB as the reciever slots are filled with competant players like Robinson and Sanders, sometimes Travis Taylor. And as for Miami, tough luck with Marino there.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 4th, 2004, 10:29:08 PM
LOL Marino quit not sure why. I was glad with the Chiefs changes at defense bring Gunther Cunningham back. He was briefly the head coach before Vermeil and he was the defense coordinator in Chiefs defensive glory days. (95-99). Hopefully he can do something with that defense.

Figrin D'an
Feb 4th, 2004, 10:37:18 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
LOL Marino quit not sure why.

Seems to me it's pretty obvious why he quit. It was a token job. He was a figurehead, and would have had no real power, yet still would have to put in 15 hour days. He's got a comfortable, well-paying job for CBS... can't blame him for changing his mind.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:02:05 PM
Didn't read much on it I heard rumors he didn't like the way the job was going so maybe that was the case.

JMK
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:14:22 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
Seems to me it's pretty obvious why he quit. It was a token job. He was a figurehead, and would have had no real power, yet still would have to put in 15 hour days. He's got a comfortable, well-paying job for CBS... can't blame him for changing his mind.

He realized that he was in over his head and wasn't going to have a say in many things at all. You're right, once he realized that he wasn't going to be the man, he remembered that a cushy tv job and playing golf is way better than putting in a day full of nothing. Still, I wish this would have never happened. Between Huizenga's cowardess and Marino's wavering, they've managed to make the Dolphins one of the laughing stocks of the NFL. :mad

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:15:51 PM
I feel for you Kyle. The Chiefs defense has been a laughing stock too, it gets bad when the commissioner makes fun of it (as he did a press conference before the SB)

Ryan Pode
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:51:26 PM
I thought Marino dropped out from Kids?

JMK
Feb 5th, 2004, 02:04:18 PM
That's what he says, and that's all he really could say. If he ever plans on having a job with the Dolphins in the future he could never have said something like "It turns out I was just a figurehead and wasn't going to have any power". That's like slapping Huizenga in the face. He said what he did so as not to burn any bridges.