PDA

View Full Version : When Doves Cry (Navaria & Open)

Sanis Prent
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:29:21 PM
<center>When Doves Cry

Dig if you will the picture
Of you and I engaged in a kiss
The sweat of your body covers me
Can you my darling
Can you picture this?

Dream if you can a courtyard
An ocean of violets in bloom
Animals strike curious poses
They feel the heat
The heat between me and you

How can you just leave me standing?
Alone in a world that’s so cold? (so cold)
Maybe I’m just too demanding
Maybe I’m just like my father too bold
Maybe you’re just like my mother
She’s never satisfied (she’s never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other
This is what it sounds like
When doves cry

Touch if you will my stomach
Feel how it trembles inside
You’ve got the butterflies all tied up
Don’t make me chase you
Even doves have pride

Alone in a world that’s so cold? (so cold)
Maybe I’m just too demanding
Maybe I’m just like my father too bold
Maybe you’re just like my mother
She’s never satisfied (she’s never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other
When doves cry

Alone in a world that’s so cold? (a world that’s so cold)
Maybe I’m just too demanding (maybe, maybe I’m like my father)
Maybe I’m just like my father too bold (ya know he’s too bold)
Maybe you’re just like my mother (maybe you’re just like my mother)
She’s never satisfied (she’s never, never satisfied)
Why do we scream at each other (why do we scream, why)

When doves cry
When doves cry (doves cry, doves cry)
When doves cry (doves cry, doves cry)

Don’t cry (don’t cry)

When doves cry
When doves cry
When doves cry

When doves cry (doves cry, doves cry, doves cry
Don’t cry
Darling don’t cry
Don’t cry
Don’t cry
Don’t don’t cry
</center>

I didn't bring flowers. Should I have?

Not that she'd tell the difference. If she remembered, it would all seem pretentious. If she didn't, it would be premature. After the house of cards all came tumbling down, the hardest thing to do is find the first card to build it back up again.

Knock, Knock, Knock

I swallowed down my uncertainty. I was back to zero. What was the worst that could happen. I'd charmed her twice before, hadn't I? Why was I worrying?

I thought about some bourbon, but put the idea away. The last thing I needed to give her was an excuse to say no.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:32:50 PM
ooc- for my own timeline - this takes place after Slayn's attempt to turn Navaria.

She turned around and looked at the door blankly. Company wasn't being expected this night. In fact, the Jedi had left her to her own devices as long as she stayed upon the grounds, at least until the Council had figured out a way to restore her memories.

Navaria closed the book she was reading and gently place it upon the coffee table before rising and heading towards the door. She pressed a button upon the door panel to be surprised by the man behind it.

"Sanis?" Indeed she was taken aback... By the way he acted outside the bar and grill, Navaria never thought she would see him again. But just as surprised as she was in seeing him, there was a part of her that was just as glad that he was here.

Sanis Prent
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:15:57 PM
"Hey."

I tried to smile, but got caught in stagefright and indecision. The corners of my mouth turned upwards slightly in a triumph of will. Something about her expression was off, but with her memory gone, I could barely begin to guess the reason.

"This not a good time?"

I hadn't considered what time it was, and it was pretty late right now.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 2nd, 2004, 06:25:48 PM
"No!" Came the quick response. Navaria could feel Sanis' doubts beginning to fill his mind. "I'm just surprised to see you." Her voiced lowered. "Considering what you said to me before."

Sanis Prent
Mar 4th, 2004, 01:26:27 PM
I winced a little.

"Yeah..."

Relieved that it wasn't too late, I got my thoughts in order, and continued.

"...I said a lot of stuff before sitting down and thinking about it. Chalk it all up to frustration."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 4th, 2004, 10:35:20 PM
"Well, I can't blame you." Her voice held a touch of sadness, "Considering the circumstances and all, there really was no gentle way in finding out... my condition." A condition that almost had me turn away from my path... Navaria berated herself mentally for falling for Slayn's whims.

Sanis Prent
Mar 16th, 2004, 12:21:45 AM
"Thats the first time I've heard someone not blame me."

I half smiled at the lame joke.

"Have you had any progress in, you know?"

I needed a context. A reference point. Something small to build on, to hold onto. A ship for a barnacle.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 17th, 2004, 02:00:16 PM
She chuckled at herself, embarrassed. "Besides falling for the whims of a Dark Jedi and almost being turned to the Dark Side?" Navaria looked up and smiled at Sanis. "A ... little. Things are still very fuzzy. Random images come and go..."

Sanis Prent
Mar 24th, 2004, 01:38:57 AM
"Falling for a...?"

I asked, the suprise evident in my voice, though I tried to shrug it off.

"...er...nevermind."

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 24th, 2004, 09:59:47 PM
It was hard to just ignore that blatant reaction. "Now, Sanis. That happened before I started to remember certain images." Navaria stepped forward and without hesitation, ran her fingertips through his hair. "Some more prominent then the others."

Sanis Prent
Mar 25th, 2004, 02:35:00 PM
She caught me off guard with that one.

"So, some things are coming back?"

I smiled expectantly at her.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 29th, 2004, 02:20:05 PM
Sanis' smile was infectious, "Yes. Fortunately my memories are coming back due to Estelle's help mostly. She is a very good friend now, and I owe her more then I can imagine." Navaria knew deep down that Xazor's chances of leading her back to the Jedi would have been slim by herself. It was Estelle's vision that brought the Jedi into the confrontation and showed Navaria the truth.

Sanis Prent
Apr 3rd, 2004, 03:39:19 PM
"Well, I have no idea what the hell she did, but you can give my thanks to her, too. You guys do your Jedi thing, and its all I can do to hang on for the ride."

It was friendly small talk, to bridge the gap; mend the wound. I was apprehensive, but had too much pride to admit it. All I wanted was a little normalcy. When a scoundrel like me needs to take it easy, thats plain and simple irony.

"Well...I was just stopping by to let you know that I've got a week or two to myself, and if Estelle's not keeping you then..."

I shrugged slightly, smile still on my face.

"Like I said, I've got the time."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 9th, 2004, 11:01:37 PM
"When I see her again I will remember to relay your thanks." Her head shifted to the side, watching Sanis carefully, hoping for anymore memories to return. With her current breakthrough, Navaria had become determined to relax and surround herself with familiarity, letting the Force guide her back. More how she used to be then the frightened woman who returned to Coruscant with no memory, trying too hard and trusting anything, or anyone for that matter, to find herself.

There was a faint familiar scent of stims about Sanis. He had to have smoked one just before meeting her to calm himself, even though she had asked him to stop repeatedly. Her eyes grew wide at that thought momentarily, remembering when she snatch a pack of them away from him. But that didn't seem right...

Sanis was expecting an answer from her and Navaria blushed, "No, Estelle keeps an eye on me and I inform her of my progress. I just need to let her know of my whereabouts." She could see the disappointment, "But that doesn't mean I am a prisoner here." I'd love very much to spend time with you." Navaria knew with every fiber of her being that she loved Sanis. She just wished that the feeling was a concrete emotion of the heart then something that was just factual within her mind.