PDA

View Full Version : "Better go in."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 1st, 2004, 11:48:43 PM
As she stepped of the speeder, Eowiodith gazed at the tall building lurking in front of her. Her hair which was a darkish shade of green had only gained her laughs and unpopularity back at the orphanage. She was glad to be gone, and in a place where she hoped she would meet new people who wouldn't care that she was different. She had always been different. Always.

Standing outside the building, she took a deep breath, "Well, i'm here. Better go in."

She opened the front door and entered the dimmly lit room.

"Hello?" She said timidly, "Anyone here?"

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 2nd, 2004, 12:20:53 PM
"Here I am," Wei called from a seat to Eowiodith's left.

The Jedi Knight looked the stranger over. She had the most peculiar shade of hair that Wei found to be rather interesting. She also seemed to be somewhat timid. The recruitment center could be rather intimidating on a slow day.

Wei sat up straighter, pulled at his socks, then adjusted his glasses.

"What's on your heart and mind?"

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 2nd, 2004, 11:18:58 PM
"Ed' i'ear ar' elenea!"

Unthinking, she let out an elvish saying that was used a lot back where she came from. It meant 'by the sea and stars' but hardly anyone remembered that.

"Oh excuse me, I'm sorry. I didn't see you there. I'm looking for someone to train me in the ways of the jedi. I was given a name to ask for, and was told to come here, but I have lost the paper that the name was writen on. Can you help me?"

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 3rd, 2004, 09:32:42 AM
"I can," Wei said simply. "Come, sit. You must be at least a little weary from your travels. My name is Wei Wu Wei, Jedi Knight of the Greater Jedi Order. And you are?"

Wei usually didn't come right out and tell his rank to hopefuls because he felt it intimidated them somewhat. Wei preferred that they treat him like one of their peers. He had learned from experience that people are more likely to be honest with their peers than someone they felt they had to impress. But Wei was curious about this one.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 3rd, 2004, 10:14:17 PM
"Thank you."

As Eowiodith sat down next to him, she felt a little odd. If she was talking to anyone else she would have been nervous and uncomfortable, but in the little time she had been with Wei, she felt strangly at ease.

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Wei. My name is Eowiodith Unadrieniel, but if you don't mind, I prefer Eo."

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 4th, 2004, 12:02:59 PM
"Very well then, Eo."

Wei shifted in his chair to face her. "You've come to learn to be a Jedi. That's quite a momentous decision to make. Being a Jedi is an all day, everyday kind of deal. What has made you decide to be a Jedi?"

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 4th, 2004, 11:35:27 PM
Eo was a bit baffled by this question. After thinking it over she replied,

"Well sir, I've heard that you jedi use special powers to help and defend the good and fight the bad. That is my wish. I am also different than others. I was hoping that maybe my difference would be that I can use the powers you use."

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:06:08 AM
"Fight bad, defend good. That all sounds very noble. I feel compelled to ask, though, what is your definition of fighting bad to protect good?"

Wei was handed a two part answer to what he felt was a one part question. But first things first: Wei would explore the fighting bad answer, and then move on to her differences.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 5th, 2004, 01:29:18 PM
"Just this, when there are wars, help in the fight. When someone is in trouble, protect them. In my definition, anyone who is fighting me, or picking on someone else for no apparent reason, is bad."

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 5th, 2004, 02:16:36 PM
"What about people who are starving or homeless? Are they any less deserving of your protection because they do not have some person trying to beat them or bully them?"

Wei figured she would give the usual answer about people fighting and bullying. But Wei wasn't content with just those two definitions of bad. There was more to "bad" than merely violence and malicious intent.

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 5th, 2004, 02:58:09 PM
"No, they're not less deserving of protection. I was once homeless. If there was an occasion to, then I would gladly do what I could. The only problem I'd have is knowing what do to do to help."

Eo was getting a little nervous. She wasn't sure what Wei was trying to do, but she thought he was probably trying to get her to slip up. She'd have to be careful about what she said.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 5th, 2004, 05:16:25 PM
Wei smiled. "Very well."

Wei paused a moment as he changed gears. "You said that you were different. How are you different from the people around you?"

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 6th, 2004, 12:25:06 PM
"I find I am stronger than all of the girls and most of the boys my age. At least I've never met anyone stonger. Also, when I am playing soccer,which I do quite alot, I can almost... well..." She paused before saying, "I think I can see the future."

This had always puzzled Eo, because when she played, could tell what her oponents were going to do seconds before they actually did it.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 7th, 2004, 08:11:54 AM
"Stronger, you say? Well, that may simply be due to how much time you spend exercising everyday."

Wei mulled over the part about soccer. "Yout hink you can see the future? Does it only happen playing soccer, or does it happen outside of soccer, too?

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 7th, 2004, 04:40:18 PM
"I'm not sure. I only notice it when I'm playing." Eo paused. "Well, I guess it's when I'm concentrating on something."

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 8th, 2004, 02:54:45 AM
"How incredibly interesting."

Wei paused and allowed Eo's words to tumble about in his head. "So, now that we've got all that settled..." Wei stood and offered Eo his hand to shake.

"Welcome to the Order. I hope that you find what you're looking for here. The Order has been somewhat lacking in teachers, but I'm sure someone will have a spot for you eventually. In the meantime, I suggest you find a place to stay, and make some friends. Get to know people."

Eowiodith Unadrieniel
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:38:16 AM
Standing and taking his offered hand, Eo smiled brightly, "Thank you very much, sir!"

Then she walked out into the bright sunlight and laughed in delight.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 8th, 2004, 10:49:13 PM
Wei waved goodbye at her receding figure. "Best of luck to you. I do hope you find what you're looking for."

Wei settled back into the chair and rested his chin on his chest, dozing off to take a nap.